Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I think Omar Gaither could slide back into the middle.
Either way, Bradley is not a big loss. # of tackles is the easiest stat to replace.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Either way, Bradley is not a big loss. # of tackles is the easiest stat to replace.
He also led the team in TFL. He is a big loss. He was supposed to be the vocal leader, and any time you lose your MLB in a 4-3, that's not good.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He also led the team in TFL. He is a big loss. He was supposed to be the vocal leader, and any time you lose your MLB in a 4-3, that's not good.
Somebody will step up. I know you guys aren't worried about it.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
15 touchdowns?

Michael Irvin's most ever was 10.

15 tds would have lead the league last year by far. No chance he sees 15 tds...if he got 10, I'd be extremely happy with that. If everyone's expectations are that high, be prepared to be disappointed, right now.
And Braylon Edwards had 16 in 07. In my mind, I consider Roy more talented than Braylon Edwards. And D brought up the excellent point that Roy's predecessor (who didn't cost draft picks, fwiw) made it happen at that level. That's what we should expect at most from him.

Last edited by Ward : 08-03-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think those expectations are way too high...Roy isnt T.O. And the guy's career high for tds is only 8...and that was in an offense where he was constantly targeted. Our offense is going to feature two TEs frequently and Austin/Hurd both look to be more involved in the mix. Not to mention the three backers. Felix will be involved in the passing game and Barber caught some 50 passes last year. Roy will get plenty of red zone looks but, so will our tight ends. 15 Tds is very unlikely. And again, I think some continue to overrate him. I wouldnt put him in the top tier of WRs...his hands are right on par w/ T.O.'s and that's not a good thing. He should help us but, he's a bit of a downgrade and T.O. isnt even at his best anymore. I do think he can help us but, I think he's bound to disappoint all the fans if people are expecting him to have some amazing pro bowl season and lead the league in TDs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I think those expectations are way too high...Roy isnt T.O. And the guy's career high for tds is only 8...and that was in an offense where he was constantly targeted. Our offense is going to feature two TEs frequently and Austin/Hurd both look to be more involved in the mix. Not to mention the three backers. Felix will be involved in the passing game and Barber caught some 50 passes last year. Roy will get plenty of red zone looks but, so will our tight ends. 15 Tds is very unlikely. And again, I think some continue to overrate him. I wouldnt put him in the top tier of WRs...his hands are right on par w/ T.O.'s and that's not a good thing. He should help us but, he's a bit of a downgrade and T.O. isnt even at his best anymore. I do think he can help us but, I think he's bound to disappoint all the fans if people are expecting him to have some amazing pro bowl season and lead the league in TDs.
You're right. Roy isn't all that. He will disappoint many because whether we think so or not, the broad fanbase will be expecting him to be one of the top WRs in the game. That's why I think he got paid too much and that's why I think the cost to get him was too high. I openly admit that I thought it was a good get at the time, but sitting here right now with hindsight 20/20, that trade and his pay is overwhelming.

I really don't care about the stats he puts up... it's whatevers. I just expect him to catch the ball when it's thrown to him. I don't want no crying from him. I don't want no dropped balls from him. I don't want him to be scared going across the middle. I don't want him to be an oft-injured player. I don't want him being a locker room cancer. I don't want him to be selfish. I just want him to catch the ball, and help us move the team downfield. If he can't do that, then I want him gone.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I remember right after the trade saying it was stupid and we would regret it.

I remember devoting an entire post to why Anquan Boldin was worthy of trading for, but Roy Williams wasn't long before the trade.

Not saying Q was available, but we should have been content to stay with what we had if we couldn't get a game breaker.

The funny thing is that Roy Williams will probably give us slightly higher production than Matt Jones would give us if he was our number 1. Only difference is Matt Jones would cost under a mil haha.

It's pathetic that these guys have put in "extra" work all off-season while Hurd and Austin have been injured, yet the 2 UDFA's have been making all the plays and Roy is just being the scrub that he is.

**** RW. We will all curse the day we cut T.O.

T.O. had the production to match his big mouth, RW doesn't even come close.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3bf9752.html
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From the day Eagles fans cheered Irvin being incapacitated I have never shed a tear for any Eagle injury ever. In fact, sadly, I kind of say what goes around goes around ....
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
From the day Eagles fans cheered Irvin being incapacitated I have never shed a tear for any Eagle injury ever. In fact, sadly, I kind of say what goes around goes around ....
****. I was really hoping you'd care. ****, what am I going to do now?
Old 08-04-2009, 03:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I remember right after the trade saying it was stupid and we would regret it.

I remember devoting an entire post to why Anquan Boldin was worthy of trading for, but Roy Williams wasn't long before the trade.

Not saying Q was available, but we should have been content to stay with what we had if we couldn't get a game breaker.

The funny thing is that Roy Williams will probably give us slightly higher production than Matt Jones would give us if he was our number 1. Only difference is Matt Jones would cost under a mil haha.

It's pathetic that these guys have put in "extra" work all off-season while Hurd and Austin have been injured, yet the 2 UDFA's have been making all the plays and Roy is just being the scrub that he is.

**** RW. We will all curse the day we cut T.O.

T.O. had the production to match his big mouth, RW doesn't even come close.
Yup you said it was bad. Give you your credit there. I said it was good. Bah!

But before we start dishing out too much credit, let's wait for the season to see Roy in true action as our #1 WR. It's not about stats. It's about execution. That's what I want to see in him.

Oh and Matt Jones? Sorry buddy, not going there this time. Matt Jones is a sorry mofo. He's pure crap.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Irvin had Jenkins on his radio show yesterday and he was pretty candid and honest. He was detailed in talking about the receivers and there games, but it was a bit disconcerning when he said Crayton was the most physical of all the receivers. While guys like Roy and Miles kind of avoided it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...ight-side.html

Puke in my mouth is starting to dry.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
****. I was really hoping you'd care. ****, what am I going to do now?
No idea, but if an Eagles fans probably go kill a puppy or something.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...ight-side.html

Puke in my mouth is starting to dry.
I dunno if that's good or bad, but I'd take Loadholt in a second over Jason Williams and Brandon Williams. The 2 players we got from trading down. In fact, I think we would've still ended up with Jason Williams in Round 3 by using the pick we used on Brewster if we had waited.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But before we start dishing out too much credit, let's wait for the season to see Roy in true action as our #1 WR.
Really though, do we have to start the whining and "I told you so" this early? If Roy was catching 5 TD's a practice people would be saying "calm down wait until we see it in games".

He's on the team now, we have had these conversations so many times already about Roy, it be nice if we could just live with it and let it go somewhat until the season starts instead of trying to be the "I told you so" guy before we even have one pre-season game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Yup you said it was bad. Give you your credit there. I said it was good. Bah!

But before we start dishing out too much credit, let's wait for the season to see Roy in true action as our #1 WR. It's not about stats. It's about execution. That's what I want to see in him.

Oh and Matt Jones? Sorry buddy, not going there this time. Matt Jones is a sorry mofo. He's pure crap.
I pray that I'm wrong.. but I honestly think we are all going to be let down.

I think our offense is going to resemble that of the Eagles in terms of our receivers. Everyone will get around the same number of catches, no 1 WR is going to be that game breaker that T.O. was

This team is only going to be as successful as our RB's and TE's make us. Those guys are the strength of the team. The WR's are simply compliments on this team.

We need to transform into a power offense and take advantage of all of the beef we have. Huge O-line, huge TE's, and 3 capable backs should enable us to be a top 5 rushing team.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I think our offense is going to resemble that of the Eagles in terms of our receivers. Everyone will get around the same number of catches, no 1 WR is going to be that game breaker that T.O. was

This team is only going to be as successful as our RB's and TE's make us. Those guys are the strength of the team. The WR's are simply compliments on this team.

We need to transform into a power offense and take advantage of all of the beef we have. Huge O-line, huge TE's, and 3 capable backs should enable us to be a top 5 rushing team.
I agree. I've always wanted to be that kind of team. However, that doesn't sound like a Jason Garrett team.

I have to admit. I'm coming around to the idea that this team is better without TO. If you try to compare it on paper to fight that argument, then one guy won't replace the numbers he put up, and your point would be clear. But I think as a unit, more guys will have a chance to step up and replace those numbers collectively (perhaps even surpass them). Then at the end of the day you look at the team and instead of having some fantasy stat superstar on the team that hogs up the limelight... instead you have a real team that works together to accomplish 1 goal and not 1 person's goal.

Roy Williams not being a selfish stat hog is probably best for the team if he could rather be a team player. But there will probably be critics out there in the end that'll say, he failed because he didn't fill TO's shoes.

...I'm starting to feel like my old positive self again... :D Today I feel like we can maybe win 10 games. hahaha. Though 8-9 is probably more realistic.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:

I don't get the TO man love at all.

This Offense was horrid last year with TO and to now say if it sucks it is b/c TO is gone and Roy sucks ... just bizarre.

But anyway, I want lots of 20-17 wins. Not 35-10 with the usual flame out like last year.

If that means turning this team in a mentally tough run the god damn ball at all costs mentality ... fine.

if that means every week putting pressure on the D to not give up more than 14 points ... fine.

This team needs some pressure starting Sept 12 in order to make itself mentally tough for December and January.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

This Offense was horrid last year with TO and to now say if it sucks it is b/c TO is bizarre.

But anyway, I want lots of 20-17 wins. Not 35-10 with the usual flame out like last year.

If that means turning this team in a mentally tough run the god damn ball at all costs mentality ... fine.
Yeah, we know you have Roy Williams (the WR) love.

The problem with running the ball like we all want... is that it requires OL depth. Something we don't have.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
..... I'm coming around to the idea that this team is better without TO......
Told u so. Welcome to the light.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, we know you have Roy Williams (the WR) love.

The problem with running the ball like we all want... is that it requires OL depth. Something we don't have.
Actually I am on record as saying 1) we paid to much, 2) I only understood the move if the idea was to let TO go, 3) I like what he gives us in the redzone more-so than TO b/c of his ability to catch the ball in traffic or the fade -- which opens up things for RBs, and 4) I think he is talented so....
Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Me neither. How could anyone think that the WR with the second-most receiving TDs of all-time is good is beyond me.

Quote:
This Offense was horrid last year with TO and to now say if it sucks it is b/c TO is gone and Roy sucks ... just bizarre.
Well, every time T.O has left a team, that team's offense dropped significantly the next season. T.O still cracked 1,000 yards and double-digit TDs.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Me neither. How could anyone think that the WR with the second-most receiving TDs of all-time is good is beyond me.

Well, every time T.O has left a team, that team's offense dropped significantly the next season. T.O still cracked 1,000 yards and double-digit TDs.
Yeah, and how many rings does he have? How many playoff wins?

Plus, you do realise he has a busy media calendar right? He is planning for post retirement? He is distracted? He is 36? He can't work off jams? His hands are as hard as ever?

Also, sad to say, he is leaving behind a team that is better than the ones in SF or Phil from a talent perspective. TIme will tell.

Again, TO man love is a bit fah-gee to me. I never had pictures of guys on my walls so I will never get it.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Told u so. Welcome to the light.
I should've blindly followed all your incredible optimism. haha.