Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
It would have been considerably lower if not for the Williams trade but I really like that deal.
The grade was fair. I'm glad you considered Roy in your grade because many other places overlook that fact when grading the Cowobys' draft. I think there are pros and cons to the situation. He's talented, ready and proven. On the other side, he's expensive, prone to lapses in concentration, moody and has had his fair share of injuries in his young career. But if healthy and focused he helps the Cowboys "now". I'd be lying if I said I was pleased with his connection with Romo in training camp. So far they've failed to gel, but that's what TC is for... to work things out.

So much of this draft depends on the impact that these guys will provide off the depth chart and on special teams. I agree that there weren't many starting spots up for grabs, so the philosophy to build depth was sound. I just had hoped going in that they would've addressed the depth in the trenches with more focus. Do you agree or disagree?

I know they looked at guys like Max Unger, Louis Delmas, Patrick Chung and Jeremy Maclin (surprise surprise), but do you know if they looked at any other players with as much intent? Gosselin had them mocked taking Andy Levitre at 51, but he was on the board and in fact was the Bills pick at 51 after we traded it to them. So I don't know how much they really liked Levitre or just put out a smoke screen that Gosselin bit on.

I feel like they reached just a little bit with Jason Williams, but I know he was climbing draft boards. They brought in Jarron Gilbert and interviewed him several times throughout the process. I feel like they got burned when he was drafted right before our pick. But apparently there are reports that Williams was their target all along no matter what and actually considered taking him at 51. Do you buy that? Do you think Williams would've been there at the Brewster pick (11th pick in rnd 3)?

Speaking of Brewster, you mentioned that he would've been available in other rounds if they had waited. When you scouted him, did you project him as a better Guard or Tackle in the NFL?

Drafting 2 OLBs in Round 4... spending to just to spend? Or was that actually a wise calculated move?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Speaking of Brewster, you mentioned that he would've been available in other rounds if they had waited. When you scouted him, did you project him as a better Guard or Tackle in the NFL?
Just like Sebastian Vollmer was going to be a undrafted free agent right Scott?;) Scott is great with the player evaluations, but his mocks are not entirely reliable. He may be right that Brewster should have gone in the middle rounds and Vollmer should have been undrafted instead of going in the second.

However, if you want to know where these players would have been available you should go read Gosselin's top 100 before the draft. Goose bases his player rankings on his discussions with pro GM's and scouts. Goose had Brewster going in the third round. So I would have to disagree strongly with Scott that Brewster would have been available a couple of rounds later.

Last edited by quincyyyyy : 08-06-2009 at 11:08 PM.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just made the Buffalo Bills review live.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let it go. agree to have your own opinions and stop making me read all this garbage.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
let it go. agree to have your own opinions and stop making me read all this garbage.
Sorry bout that. All cleaned up now.

quincy, go to the Cowboys forum to continue the discussion. It doesn't belong here. BTW, how could I delete my last message and still let you see my response? You're killin' me! :D

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-07-2009 at 12:59 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sorry bout that. All cleaned up now.

quincy, go to the Cowboys forum to continue the discussion. It doesn't belong here. BTW, how could I delete my last message and still let you see my response? You're killin' me! :D
I mean didn't. Whatev.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Louis Rams are posted.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will you have them all done by the start of preseason?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Will you have them all done by the start of preseason?
There are only four left so they should be done by Monday or Tuesday.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Just made the Pittsburgh Steelers review live.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

The Seattle Seahawks are now up.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna say that we Titans fans appreciate you for saving the best for last, Scott. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

The New England Patriots and Tennessee Titans are now live. The reviews are now complete!

That also wraps up the Draft Countdown's 2009 NFL Draft coverage.

Time to start prepping files for the 2010 re-launch!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
With the last of those four second rounders New England reached for Houston OT Sebastian Vollmer, who most felt would come off the board a round or two later.
I'm pretty sure you said he would be undrafted. Backtracking are we?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me or does Patrick Chung look badass on the homepage?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
I'm pretty sure you said he would be undrafted. Backtracking are we?
Absolutely not. I don't backtrack, that's why I archive all of my old rankings and mocks on the site for everyone to see. Right or wrong I stand by them.

I had Vollmer rated as a seventh round pick but I think the general consensus was that he would go earlier than that. Still, I didn't talk to anyone before the draft who felt he was a second.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Is it me or does Patrick Chung look badass on the homepage?
Not just you. Dude looks straight BALLER.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:09 AM    (permalink
49ersFan_vienna
Rookie

49ersFan_vienna hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey Scott, at which time of the year is your first mock online, usually ?
49ersFan_vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Absolutely not. I don't backtrack, that's why I archive all of my old rankings and mocks on the site for everyone to see. Right or wrong I stand by them.

I had Vollmer rated as a seventh round pick but I think the general consensus was that he would go earlier than that. Still, I didn't talk to anyone before the draft who felt he was a second.
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...9&#post1588909

It seems like you went a little easy on the Pats for that one. ;)
Old 08-14-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK about everyone else, but I'm very ready for the relaunch.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

definately. madden is out so the season has officially begun.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote