Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-11-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a huge PS2 fan myself. I have a 64 but, it's another console that I didnt buy a whole lot of games for. I used to play crappy Madden 64 all the time, though. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I too have had a bunch of cracked/broken controllers for the PS2 over the years. With my PS3 controllers so far I have been very gentle with them. lol

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blockbuster has a deal where you pay $16 and get unlimited game rentals, two at a time, for a week. I've rented Fight Night Round 4 (awesome), Fallout 3 (interesting but no way do I have time to play it), Infamous (incredible, I might buy it), Spiderman Web of Shadows (woops, shouldn't have), and The Incredible Hulk (haven't tried it). I may try to get NCAA Football 10 but I'm sure it's rented out.

Infamous is seriously an awesome game so far.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Blockbuster has a deal where you pay $16 and get unlimited game rentals, two at a time, for a week. I've rented Fight Night Round 4 (awesome), Fallout 3 (interesting but no way do I have time to play it), Infamous (incredible, I might buy it), Spiderman Web of Shadows (woops, shouldn't have), and The Incredible Hulk (haven't tried it). I may try to get NCAA Football 10 but I'm sure it's rented out.

Infamous is seriously an awesome game so far.
Isn't that just like Game fly, except game fly let's you keep them as long as you want? Sounds like it, I don't even know if I can find a blockbusters by me anymore these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Isn't that just like Game fly, except game fly let's you keep them as long as you want? Sounds like it, I don't even know if I can find a blockbusters by me anymore these days.
I've never tried Gamefly, sounds interesting.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I have been just going nuts with this Fight Night 4 demo, I have to get myself that damn game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I've never tried Gamefly, sounds interesting.
It's virtually the netflix of video games. Pay like 8 bucks a month, rent out 2 games or 4 games at a time, # depends on your plan, play them as long as you want or keep them as long as you want, get new ones when you mail them back.

I've been meaning to try that out for awhile, I just don't know if I play games all that much, the ones I do I end up wanting to buy...I'll just stick with free demos on Xbx Live for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I buy Prototype or InFamous? From reading up on them, InFamous got slightly better reviews, but both look pretty awesome.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

FatJJ44 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It all depends on what you want. Infamous is a more story driven game that really throws you for a loop at the end, and Prototype is just a hack and slash to me. I bought Infamous, and didn't stop playing til I got my first platinum trophy (played for a solid 50 hours). I rented Prototype, but just couldn't get into it. There were a ton of controls to memorize and some of the missions there was just too much stuff going on. I would definitely say Infamous
FatJJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The controls for Prototype are easy...but, it wasn't as good as I was hoping for. But still a good game and experience. The main character is easily one of the most powerful characters to ever be created. That game can also kick your ass...it's not an easy game.

edit...I havent played in a while...let me see if I can find my post about it in the 360 thread.
Quote:

The gameplay is very good. A few negatives...

1. It aint too pretty...some things look great, others not so much. The faces arent amazing or anything and the buildings and explosions tend to look last genish but, the result is smooth gameplay. There arent many slow downs at all...very smooth. The smoke looks really good too.

2. The story is nothing more than a B movie type script. Cheesy dialouge and predictable outcome. It's presented in a neat way where you get little tidbits at a time, through these flash back memory type deals. You get these when you consume people who have that knowledge. But there are some holes in the story and wtf just happened moments. Lets just say it's not all that enthralling. I had much higher hopes for the story...especially with Barry Pepper on board. Also, one character up and disappears in the story and they make no mention of what the hell happened to that person. lol.

3. The game really does kick your ass. I played on normal dificulty and had to replay some missions a billion times. There is this one boss battle that literally takes about 15-20 minutes to beat and if you die, you have to start over. I heard easy is actually hard too. You have tanks and helicopters at your disposal but, they can be taken down easily by the barrage of fire you'll be taking. I love a good challenge but, this was a little much at times on the difficulty front.

4. It could get a tad repetitive. I stuck mostly to the main story. All the other "side missions" are basically just events for what seems like achievment purposes because, they're pretty pointless. Like having a race against the clock or killing so and so bad guys in 1 minute for medals. What the hell for?

Refresher on some positives...

You're the ultimate bad ass with limitless power and you just keep getting stronger. Tons of upgrades. The gameplay is very smooth, the free running may take a few minutes to get used to but once you do, it's fantastic. Go anywhere you want. Climb up the Empire State Building in 5 seconds, it's all doable. Lots of gore, for fans of that. Blood guts, decapitations, cutting dudes in half. lol w/e floats your boat. You can literally consume anyone in the game and take their appearance. Fighting along side the very same dudes trying to kill you if you want to. Just for the hell of it.

A big depender on whether or not to buy it...would be how much play you think you could get from just free roaming and wrecking **** up. Because honestly, there isnt a whole lot to do exactly w/ your power because, the side quests are so lame and pointless. But I had a lot of fun w/ Prototype myself. It certainly could have been better but the lead character, Alex Mercer, while corny as hell most of the time, is easily one of the most powerful video game characters ever. He can do w/e the hell he wants.

Well he cant drive cars. lol. Helicopters and tanks? Yes. Cars? There more for crushing or throwing.

I also didnt mention it before but, if the powers arent enough for you, you could use any weapon in the game as well. They consist of machine guns, rpgs, and grenade launchers mostly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-21-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Should I buy Prototype or InFamous? From reading up on them, InFamous got slightly better reviews, but both look pretty awesome.
Haven't played Prototype but inFAMOUS is awesome and lots of fun.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I have Infamous it is a great game, though I haven't gotten very far in it (addicted to MLB The Show). I've played Prototype, it's a fun game to just run around and kill ****, very gruesome but IMO Infamous is the better of the two, just seems like an all round deeper game.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJJ44 View Post
It all depends on what you want. Infamous is a more story driven game that really throws you for a loop at the end, and Prototype is just a hack and slash to me. I bought Infamous, and didn't stop playing til I got my first platinum trophy (played for a solid 50 hours). I rented Prototype, but just couldn't get into it. There were a ton of controls to memorize and some of the missions there was just too much stuff going on. I would definitely say Infamous
I totally agree with this. Also, I hate the final boss of Prototype. You can get all the Prototype powers in one play through, but Infamous has the good/bad thing going for it with different powers.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The final boss in Prototype is so damn easy...once you figure out how to do it right.

That fight w/ that mother thing is not fun at all, though. Just very long.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The final boss in Prototype is so damn easy...once you figure out how to do it right.

That fight w/ that mother thing is not fun at all, though. Just very long.
It just sucked when he got down low and you had to do it in a time limit.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I had a problem with it at the beginning but once u figure it out, you can literally do it in about a minute.

Because, if you're close enough and hit him with a couple of helicopters, he gets stunned. Then you can climb on him and go to work. His energy goes down very quickly that way. You do that a few times and he's dead.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I had a problem with it at the beginning but once u figure it out, you can literally do it in about a minute.

Because, if you're close enough and hit him with a couple of helicopters, he gets stunned. Then you can climb on him and go to work. His energy goes down very quickly that way. You do that a few times and he's dead.
Yeah that's usually what I tried to do but sometimes he doesn't let you. I always got screwed in one way or another.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Guys,

I have the "blinking read light problem" or "red light of death" as I've come to find it called.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

My only option at this point is to send it into Sony for about $160 which I would like to avoid at all costs.

There are some PS3 repair guides that are sold online and claim to be able to solve the problem but I've read mixed reviews about their effectiveness.

can anyone help? Ill rep you like 100 times...
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm going to re-start Resistance 2 today. I never really got all that far in it and I just kept putting it off for one reason or another. It's probably better anyway because, I dont remember how to play that well. Before I played 1 and then 2 back to back and was a little annoyed by the control differences. Now that shouldnt have an effect. So yeah, good to go. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

in case anyone was wondering, if you get the blinking red light of death on your PS3, pop out the HDD and re-insert. if the PS3 still doesn't work (like mine) you must send it in and pay 162 ******* dollars to get it fixed!
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently waiting on batman and madden...those two should last me a while. At least until Uncharted 2. This seems like a good gaming year.

Anyone else try the Batman demo? I would definately reccomend it, it was freakin awesome.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I tried dling it today for my 360 but, it stopped for some reason, I'm gonna try and get it later.

Since everything is being delayed, 2010 looks like the better year for games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, next year you got GOW 3 and Final Fantasy. I can't see needing any more than that. They both look fantastic and are definate first day purchases for me. What other good stuff comes out next year? Those were the only two I thought of.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Anyone else try the Batman demo? I would definately reccomend it, it was freakin awesome.
Yeah, it's awesome.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yeah, it's awesome.
I'll probably DL it tomorrow, and then give a review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote