Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 06-02-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Projected depth chart/needs

With the influx of exciting young talent, what do you think the final 53-man roster for the Kansas City Chiefs will be? And some needs to be addressed?

Post your thoughts here.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I posted in another thread, I think our biggest needs are at multiple positions, but if Brodie struggles, it'll definitely be at QB, and depending on how our oline/dline play, we might need some help there as well. Right now, our biggest needs (imo) are as follows:

1) Defensive and Offensive lines: We did draft Albert and Dorsey, but neither are on the field yet. We'll have to wait until next year to see how these lines shape up, but these are some trouble spots.

2) LB corp: Donnie is up there in age and the spot opposite DJ isn't secure by any means, so we'll need some help at MLB sooner rather than later.

3) If Croyle struggles, QB is a MAJOR need. We need a franchise signal caller. I believe it can be Croyle, if he's not throwing from his back. I guess we'll get to see if it's true this year.

4) WR: You can never have too much receiver talent. Bowe turned out to be a stud, and the Franklin pick this year was a great pick, but another viable target (perhaps Franklin in the slot, a 2nd option) wouldn't hurt.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Like I posted in another thread, I think our biggest needs are at multiple positions, but if Brodie struggles, it'll definitely be at QB, and depending on how our oline/dline play, we might need some help there as well. Right now, our biggest needs (imo) are as follows:

1) Defensive and Offensive lines: We did draft Albert and Dorsey, but neither are on the field yet. We'll have to wait until next year to see how these lines shape up, but these are some trouble spots.

2) LB corp: Donnie is up there in age and the spot opposite DJ isn't secure by any means, so we'll need some help at MLB sooner rather than later.

3) If Croyle struggles, QB is a MAJOR need. We need a franchise signal caller. I believe it can be Croyle, if he's not throwing from his back. I guess we'll get to see if it's true this year.

4) WR: You can never have too much receiver talent. Bowe turned out to be a stud, and the Franklin pick this year was a great pick, but another viable target (perhaps Franklin in the slot, a 2nd option) wouldn't hurt.
I agree with you, I think our defensive line will be really good, assuming we have a top ten pass rush, I wouldn't put that as a top priority, perhaps a Big Time Guard to replace Smith(from the jets, I 'm not sure if I have the right name).

By the end of next season, I would say we will need a replacment for Allen, but I'm hoping Johnston comes in and surprises a lot of people, Herm said that on the red zone last week, "He doesn't have pads on, but he might surprise you" but if not, I think that should be our first pick overall.

Then I think in R2, I'd find a big ol' punishing guard. Let's assume Croyle is an average starter(I like to think he's the next coming of Montana, but let's be realistic) all he needs to do is hand the ball off and have the D give him a ride.(ala Alabama)

I think Donnie still has at least this year in the tank, and hopefully Napoleon Harris will become a more consistent MLB(apparently he was amazing in the first 8 games), I think Demorrio is Donnie's replacement.

This is why I'm excited for next season, there are a lot of "if's", like "If Croyle doesn't become a good starter, we'll probably draft a lot higher and pick up Tebow(or whoever). Or "if" Croyle is decent, and we lose a big portion of our pass rush, That'll be our biggest need, or "if" Laurinitis is available by the time we pick(which I think we will be 6-10, so probably we are picking at the lower end of the top ten.)

Last edited by Hermstheman83 : 06-26-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: more thoughts, grammar?
Hermstheman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Brandon Flowers played for you guys? He was truly lockdown in college.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
How has Brandon Flowers played for you guys? He was truly lockdown in college.
He has been solid to good so far this season. Yesterday he recorded two interceptions of Brett Favre and took one to the house. The first one was kind of a gimme, Favre overthrew his receiver bad. Second was due to receiver stupidity, but he still came up big and took it back. Definitely one of the guys you look at with "game speed" imo.

As of right now, everything you want a rookie corner to be. Him and Carr have both been very impressive thus far and will only continue to get better.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Was talking to a few buddies of mine about our biggest needs and we sort of laid out a very (VERY) early needs list. Take one glance at our record (2-14) and it would seem like we need a LOT when, in my opinion, we need little.

Defensive End - This one is a no brainer. We can't pressure the QB since JA was traded.

Linebacker - We need another OLB and a MLB to team up with DJ. Donnie Edwards isn't getting any younger.

OL - We need a RT and possibly a RG. A Center wouldn't be bad because we could move Niswanger to RG. RT is still a MAJOR need.

WR - I like Bowe and Bradley and Franklin isn't bad but another big time playmaker wouldn't hurt.

QB - If the new gm/coaching staff doesn't feel that Thigpen is the answer, we need to address this early. Please god let it be Stafford and not Bradford.

I like our DBs (Pollard, Page, Flowers, Carr and Leggett) and DJ / Hali, Dorsey and Tyler are solid to good as well, but we could really use the biggest help at DE/LB.

That was a lot of rambling but it's 1am so sue me!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Was talking to a few buddies of mine about our biggest needs and we sort of laid out a very (VERY) early needs list. Take one glance at our record (2-14) and it would seem like we need a LOT when, in my opinion, we need little.

Defensive End - This one is a no brainer. We can't pressure the QB since JA was traded.

Linebacker - We need another OLB and a MLB to team up with DJ. Donnie Edwards isn't getting any younger.

OL - We need a RT and possibly a RG. A Center wouldn't be bad because we could move Niswanger to RG. RT is still a MAJOR need.

WR - I like Bowe and Bradley and Franklin isn't bad but another big time playmaker wouldn't hurt.

QB - If the new gm/coaching staff doesn't feel that Thigpen is the answer, we need to address this early. Please god let it be Stafford and not Bradford.

I like our DBs (Pollard, Page, Flowers, Carr and Leggett) and DJ / Hali, Dorsey and Tyler are solid to good as well, but we could really use the biggest help at DE/LB.

That was a lot of rambling but it's 1am so sue me!
Defensive end should be priority number one for us via the draft. the more I look at Orakpo the more I love the guy! I think we take him at #3, and that will definately put us in the right direction with our pass rush.

I think we only need a middle linebacker, when Demorrio was healthy, he had some pretty big games. I'd love to have JL in the second round(I like him too)but I don't think he'll slip out of the first, and we definately need to address our offensive line. I think if we picked up a MLB in the third round...it's pretty deep for MLB's this year.

I think we can address the line through Free Agency with Gross from carolina. They said they are going to franchise Peppers, so perhaps they won't be able to afford the guy? So Gross and draft a RG in the second round...That looks like a beefed up line. I think if we traded LJ, we could get a third or fourth rounder.

I don't think Thiggy's the answer, I don't think he can play in a conventional offense. BUT to me, he deserves another year to prove himself. That being said, if the Lions don't take stafford, we could take him and let him sit for a year, which would help him out since he's only a junior and instead of Orakpo, Pay Terrell Suggs a few bucks to have him play for KC.

I'm getting my head shaved because I thought KC would win more than Five games this year, and I still think we're not as bad asa lot of pundits say......
Old 04-28-2009, 05:52 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At this point we still need improvements on the roster, but in general we seem to have our biggest hole at one of the outside LB positions in the 3-4. Do they really think Hali or McBride can play outside LB? I think you've got solid starters with Johnson and Thomas inside, and Vrabel at one of the outside positions.

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're not worried about that one right now. And Andy Studebaker is the one who'd fill it at this point.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

It sounds like we might be players for Leon Hill now that Seattle has removed the franchise tag. That would be a coup since he would only be available since we didn't draft Curry. Don't know though if we get him as quite a few teams will be on him.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

Why have they not looked at Derrick Brooks? Did he just get too old?

Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They're not worried about that one right now. And Andy Studebaker is the one who'd fill it at this point.
Really? Is that just a guess or do you have some insight into this?

Old 04-29-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm hoping Tank can play the NT in our 3-4 looks or I'm not sure our 3-4 will be very successful.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally would like to see Johnston from last year get a shot at one of the outside linebacker spots. Vrabel-DJ-Thomas-Johnston while not ideal may be enough to not let QBs sleep in the pocket.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I'm sure Pioli loves Johnston. He's super-versatile. He can be a pass rusher or run stuffer (not both at the same time) for the Chiefs in whatever defense they want to run. I was fairly impressed with him late in 2008. My guess is that he's a DE in a 3-4, though.

The Chiefs really just need to add some pass rushers, and they'll be good defensively.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Oh, I'm sure Pioli loves Johnston. He's super-versatile. He can be a pass rusher or run stuffer (not both at the same time) for the Chiefs in whatever defense they want to run. I was fairly impressed with him late in 2008. My guess is that he's a DE in a 3-4, though.

The Chiefs really just need to add some pass rushers, and they'll be good defensively.

Is he big enought for a 3-4 DE? I don't remember his size but I thought he was fairly light for a 4-3 DE even. I could be wrong though.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

He's a bit like Tyson Jackson. He was drafted at 6'4 285. When they made him a 4-3 DE, he lost some weight.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
DT35
Rookie

DT35 DT35 DT35 DT35 DT35

Whats the projected deoth chart looking like?
DT35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT35 View Post
Whats the projected deoth chart looking like?
As of right now on kcchiefs.com, here is the current depth chart.

OFFENSE:

WR 10 Terrance Copper 13 Amani Toomer 82 Dwayne Bowe 9 Taurus Johnson 80 Jeff Webb

LT 76 Branden Albert 75 Herb Taylor 69 Cameron Goldberg

LG 54 Brian Waters 74 Wade Smith 66 Darryl Harris

C 64 Rudy Niswanger 73 Eric Ghiaciuc 60 Brian De La Puente

RG 79 Mike Goff 65 Tavares Washington 61 Colin Brown

RT 77 Damion McIntosh 67 Barry Richardson

TE 87 Brad Cottam 89 Sean Ryan 45 Jake O'Connell 41 Tom Crabtree

WR 81 Devard Darling 83 Mark Bradley 84 Bobby Engram 14 Quinten Lawrence 11 Rodney Wright

QB 7 Matt Cassel 12 Brodie Croyle 4 Tyler Thigpen 15 Matt Gutierrez

FB 42 Mike Cox 46 Jed Collins

RB 27 Larry Johnson 26 Jackie Battle 25 Jamaal Charles 29 Dantrell Savage 21 Kolby Smith 40 Javarris Williams

DEFENSE:

LE 70 Alfonso Boone 94 Tyson Jackson 65 Bobby Greenwood 62 Dion Gales

NT 95 Ron Edwards 93 Tank Tyler 69 Derek Lokey

RE 72 Glenn Dorsey 92 Wallace Gilberry 71 Alex Magee

LOLB 91 Tamba Hali 90 Turk McBride 67 Pierre Walters

LILB 56 Derrick Johnson 52 Monty Beisel 53 Demorrio Williams 66 Corey Smith

RILB 55 Zach Thomas 51 Corey Mays 59 Jovan Belcher

ROLB 50 Mike Vrabel 96 Andy Studebaker 98 Vince Redd

LCB 39 Brandon Carr 30 Ricardo Colclough 34 Londen Fryar

RCB 24 Brandon Flowers 31 Maurice Leggett 23 Travis Daniels 20 Donald Washington 22 Jackie Bates

SS 49 Bernard Pollard 48 Mike Brown 38 DaJuan Morgan

FS 44 Jarrad Page 47 Jon McGraw 35 Ricky Price

SPECIAL TEAMS:

P 2 Dustin Colquitt

K 6 Ryan Succop

KO 6 Ryan Succop

PC 43 Tanner Purdum 96 Andy Studebaker

KC 43 Tanner Purdum

H 2 Dustin Colquitt 4 Tyler Thigpen

PR 11 Rodney Wright 29 Dantrell Savage 14 Quinten Lawrence 31 Maurice Leggett

KR 25 Jamaal Charles 29 Dantrell Savage 14 Quinten Lawrence 11 Rodney Wright

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote