Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
D, if you will go back a couple of pages, I have dismanteled his position. So much so that he refused to reply. He's simply not looking at things reasonably.
What absolute nonsense.

Really is disappointing to see so many fans with a man-crush on an obviously deficient GM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Haha. You're like the complete opposite of Bob. He hates everyone on the team and only likes the ones we let go.
Another lie. You love to fabricate nonsense.

Must boost your ego to make up nonsense, ascribe it to others then hold yourself up in some positive light.

Nice job. Going far in life I see.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Join the club guys wooot!!! It makes for a much better experience, according to Bob he should be GM of this team because only he knows what's best from sitting at home on his couch.
Another serial fabricator and liar who makes things up that are wrong, says "others" said it, then pats himself on the back for debunking it.

Really pathetic people. Sad.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm....can they see your responses? I dont even know. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Tell me who had this draft and why they are much smarter than JJ ....

Nicks
Sintim
Barden
Beckham
Brown
Rhomar

All names folks salivated about in some form .....
Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I can't and its a joy :D :D

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
No idea, not sure I really care.

But fact is they do make things up, claim I wrote it and then celebrate how smart they are.

Sad.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Much like your boys Roy Williams SS or TO.

Joy to see them gone
Old 08-13-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless it's quoted, and I still try and skim over it anyway. Reason? Same old stuff we've been reading about for years on this board, how many times do we need him to tell us about Elam, Spears, RW's, Parcells, Jerry, I'd have no problem if he could find new stuff to talk about, but I have no interest in hearing his same tired opinion on the same matters every few months.

I get the feeling he's warming up towards a ban, always happens after a few months, then we'll get a new poster a few months after and we can start the same process/arguments all over again lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I've read Rey and MJ have been doin ok. Rey expected to start, MJ already leap frogged into 2nd on the depth chart and is expected to start by the time the season hits.

They could shape up to be a decent defense. Their Oline will prob hold them back from doing anything substantial but definitely a team on the rise.

Question is, will Marvin Lewis be around to toy with this D after it matures. Probably not if he misses out on the wild card.

Rey Rey and Rivers at LB should be beastly, MJ needs coached up and someone to motivate him and light a fire under him and if you get that he's a guy who can get 8 sacks for you. If they can get some decent safety play and Hall takes the next jump they should finally be good on D. No excuse for Marvin Lewis aka the defensive guru not to do something with that unit.

Still, if their going to start Roy W, even on running downs, team will find him, figure out who he's covering or what area, and pick on him. We saw it too many times, I'm curious as to how they'll utilize him. 4-3 or 3-4, the Safety still has to know how to cover when teams run 3 or 4 WR sets early in downs.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I get the feeling he's warming up towards a ban, always happens after a few months, then we'll get a new poster a few months after and we can start the same process/arguments all over again lol.
I agree, same old same old. Folks slander me then pat themselves on the back b/c I am the bad guy. Whatever, as your generation says.

But more importantly, we shall see how the team is shaking up. I already made my tired old predictions on another thread which are more positive that the ones most of you have.

Our only real competition I feel will be the Giants if they can get their WR situation figured out and Eli does not go down.

Just think we have too many excellent players hitting their prime and some of the younger pick-ups last few years have a good chance of contributing in key roles.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
....While middle linebacker Bradie James made noise about not making the Pro Bowl because of his sack total, he wasn’t particularly effective against the running game or in pass coverage; in fact, James’ most memorable moment in 2008 was being pancaked by Lorenzo Neal on the 82-yard touchdown run that turned the lights out at Texas Stadium. He was, however, better than Zach Thomas, who simply didn’t adapt well to Wade Phillips’ 3-4 scheme and had a season full of false steps and second guesses.....
ROTFLMAO. Not that is wasn't predicted or anything by a few folks.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=D-Unit;1754605]
Quote:
I didn't hate the Scandrick pick... I thought he was great value in the 5th. When we got him, I thought it was a steal. I just didn't like the hype he was getting which was as high as a 2nd rounder at one point.
Seems like I remember you saying he got lit up at Hawii and you didnt like the pick. In fact I thought you later admitted being wrong about him??

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=pocketaces;1754771]
Quote:

Seems like I remember you saying he got lit up at Hawii and you didnt like the pick. In fact I thought you later admitted being wrong about him??
I think you're talking about Marcus McCauley, the Fresno St. CB. Or the Boise St DB that Detroit took recently... name escapes me at the moment.

However, I do remember something to that effect. I don't think I said it was a bad pick though. I always thought that was a high upside pick in the 5th.

When I have time, I'll try to dig up the draft day thread at the time.

But really, I don't really think that would define "my guy" on this team. I just chose him cause he represents the WAC and is one of my new favorite guys on the team... he's not a starter, and I'm heavily pulling for him to succeed. If it was choosing someone predraft who you wanted this team to take from the start, I don't even think MOTH could claim Hurd as "his guy". ;)

I really wanted Mike Jenkins badly though and was super SUPER stoked when we landed him. Never thought we even had a chance.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Guys, I'm still wondering what time the pre game coverage starts for our game, can't find that info anywhere.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys, I'm still wondering what time the pre game coverage starts for our game, can't find that info anywhere.
Game starts at 10PM EST.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Game starts at 10PM EST.
Thanks, guess I can catch some of the Steeler/Cards game before then.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants to get some +rep, feel free to post some game reviews for those of us (me) who can't see the game where they're at.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurd's always been my guy but, if he wouldn't count by your definition, I could certainly subsititute Felix Jones or Mike Jenkins since they were "my guys" before we drafted them. Seriously, I've never been happier w/ a draft. I was pimping those two forever, couldnt get any more ideal than that for me last year in the 1st.

Too many guys were hating on Felix last year. Those arguments were fun. :/ haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
If anyone wants to get some +rep, feel free to post some game reviews for those of us (me) who can't see the game where they're at.
Do you have NFL Network? They're replaying it at 2:00 am ET and tomorrow at 12 Noon ET.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was big on the Chris Johnson/Antoine Cason train. But this was when Jenkins was projected in the top 15 and I wasn't buying the Felix hype. Oops.

Either way, Cason and CJ aren't bad players themselves.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you have NFL Network? They're replaying it at 2:00 am ET and tomorrow at 12 Noon ET.
Of course not! I refuse to pay extra beyond my basic cable package w/ Comcast. It makes no sense that going from Austin, Texas to northern Utah my Cowboys options are pretty much the same. Either catch them on national games or the NFL Network... Austin would have caught a few more regular season games, but that's it.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I was big on the Chris Johnson/Antoine Cason train. But this was when Jenkins was projected in the top 15 and I wasn't buying the Felix hype. Oops.

Count me as someone who thought that Felix was all hype. Whoops. Happy to be wrong though.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a) I know I've been gone for awhile but...how did Rob get 10,000 rep points? WTF?

b) There are sites where you can watch tonight's game online.

c) How the hell has everyone been?

Damn, that feeling is in the air, huh? Must be football season.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Alot of the guys we wanted ended up good players.

Besides Cason and CJ who we were wanting, Brandon Flowers has been damn good, and ironically Mendenhall hasn't been so hot who people beat up Jerry for passing, I've honestly yet to see Mendy look good even in limited action.

Anyway, Vick to Philly, ugh.

Does the NFC East have to get everyone? :(

Quote: