Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick to the Eagles guys. Thank God, he is terrible. After some rumors he'd be a Cowboy this is a relief.

Vick meets Ware
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojp2DkYpw0U

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not terrible...he may not be an amazing QB but, he's an elite athlete, atleast he was. It doesnt worry me at all, though. Not in the slightest.

He was never going to be a Cowboy and JJ has denied any such rumors for months. We all knew he wasnt coming here. I cant even recall if any of our fans on here ever even wanted him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick was always hype over substance. Sure he was very talented, but it really didn't amount to anything. I don't count wins for QBs either, so I'm not ultra impressed because his team won in the playoffs. He had a good second year, but every year after that was ultra hype. If he gets any serious playing time for the Eagles at QB it's a good thing. Missing two years hurts like hell at any spot, but especially QB.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Hurd's always been my guy but, if he wouldn't count by your definition, I could certainly subsititute Felix Jones or Mike Jenkins since they were "my guys" before we drafted them. Seriously, I've never been happier w/ a draft. I was pimping those two forever, couldnt get any more ideal than that for me last year in the 1st.

Too many guys were hating on Felix last year. Those arguments were fun. :/ haha.
Your Felix love is definitely one for the record books here. I F'n hated him. I loved Chris Johnson. thule loved Mendenhall. But I didn't want a 1st rnd RB in the first damn place. I wanted Johnson in Round 2 only. When the draft was unfolding, I wanted Jenkins with the first pick, then Devin Thomas with the 2nd first rounder. In the 2nd round, I wanted Jamaal Charles. Instead, we got Jones, Jenkins, Bennett.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
a) I know I've been gone for awhile but...how did Rob get 10,000 rep points? WTF?

b) There are sites where you can watch tonight's game online.

c) How the hell has everyone been?

Damn, that feeling is in the air, huh? Must be football season.
a) Ward
b) PM me. I'm curious.
c) Welcome back Slim Shady! It's been so empty w/out you.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
Vick to the Eagles guys. Thank God, he is terrible. After some rumors he'd be a Cowboy this is a relief.

Vick meets Ware
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojp2DkYpw0U
If we got Vick, everyone including Eagles fans would be saying how stupid Jerry is. Now that they got him.... Marvelous signing!!! LOL.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Williams is out tonight w/ that sore shoulder.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Your Felix love is definitely one for the record books here. I F'n hated him. I loved Chris Johnson. thule loved Mendenhall. But I didn't want a 1st rnd RB in the first damn place. I wanted Johnson in Round 2 only. When the draft was unfolding, I wanted Jenkins with the first pick, then Devin Thomas with the 2nd first rounder. In the 2nd round, I wanted Jamaal Charles. Instead, we got Jones, Jenkins, Bennett.
Lol I forgot all about Devin Thomas and Charles, 2 guys I wanted also, Thomas started slow but looks like he's coming along nicely this year, but I was probably one of the only ones who wanted Kenny Phillips with our 2nd pick, now that we found Sensabaugh guess it wouldn't of been needed but he looks really good.

Those Felix debates were classic, doesn't get much better then that lol, everyone had a strong opinion about him one way or the other, but my main gripe was that he didn't look as good as CJ on film and well I still feel the same even though I was wrong on how good he'd be :)

Anyway, I'm ready to see some Martellus 2nite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Brandon Williams is out tonight w/ that sore shoulder.
That just means more Victor Butler, let's see what the guy has since he's impressed nearly everyone so far.

Stanback vs Ogletree guys, watch for it.

I also wanna watch Chaz Schilens for Oakland, 2nd year guy can play, keep an eye on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You might be able to watch the game here.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

EDIT or here http://mundanetv.tk/

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 08-13-2009 at 10:00 PM.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I almost wanted the same thing. I thought that Johnson in the second, or Charles in the third would've been a good choice to back up Barber. I hated the idea of spending a first rounder on a tailback, but I wasn't against Felix's talent. I figured he'd be good, but I didn't like where he was taken. I'm glad I'm wrong about him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

This Justintv thing is holding up nicely.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick to Eagles is great news.

Pretty ratty so far.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Count me as someone who thought that Felix was all hype. Whoops. Happy to be wrong though.
I wanted Mendenhall b/c I wanted a full time type back to go with Barber.

Jones, to me, was/is an excellent 10-12 carries guy. Maybe he can be more. If he can then it will have worked out as a great move.

Also thought that a "10-12 carries runner" could be fetched with Jamaal Charles or Ray Rice later in the draft of CJ in the second.

But, if he is healthy.... he can play and Mendenhall being injured does his team no good.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-13-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Hurd beats the jam gets a step....nice play by him...too bad Kitna didn't put it on his outside shoulder and got picked up. Good read tho. Miles Austin doesn't make catches in traffic..that is my problem with him.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That just means more Victor Butler, let's see what the guy has since he's impressed nearly everyone so far.
Send that memo to McFadden who blew past him. Need to see it a few times.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Hurd is my hero....#2 WR please

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Sam Hurd is my hero....#2 WR please
yes sir, yes sir. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

doesn't matter cause in the end we're cursed. haha
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Stanback could have earned a roster spot with a athletic jump ball like that in the endzone. Those are the things he is going to have to do to see the field this year. Our interior OL 2nd string is such a joke. Free is looking alright tho. Carp looks active to me....I've been happy. I haven't liked Ball at safety...to many balls right infront of him.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cursed? okay.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Cursed? okay.
just a feeling i have idk.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Stanback could have earned a roster spot with a athletic jump ball like that in the endzone. Those are the things he is going to have to do to see the field this year. Our interior OL 2nd string is such a joke. Free is looking alright tho. Carp looks active to me....I've been happy. I haven't liked Ball at safety...to many balls right infront of him.
Free has been iffy, on the one Kitna sack that was Choice's fault, he was being pushed back by a 220 lb Linebacker. If Choice didnt give it up, Free would have.

Ball has had some nice hits but, he has been terrible in coverage. Every one is wide open.

We can cut Mike Mickens right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

moth, ward, dmw -- check your emails.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

or thule im sorry -- got mixed up
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote