Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to see some of Williams speed on that play....too bad he doesnt have that Ware strength there.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I will admit bobby looks good in coverage... Still looks like he's being pushed around in the run game though...

That won't matter as much in the nickel back role, but if we have an injury he needs to man up.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ad Proctor to the cut list...he has spent a ton of time in the backfield...make him a damn running back

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Procter and Holland both suck. We need a back up center big time. Procter is terrible but, we may have to keep him.

I thought Holland would be good for us but, he's looked bad today and he's had a bad camp.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I will admit bobby looks good in coverage... Still looks like he's being pushed around in the run game though...

That won't matter as much in the nickel back role, but if we have an injury he needs to man up.
Ya I watched him get dropped in pursuit on a sweep....but in his defense he wasn't in position to anchor and shed...still a play that good LBers should make.

Our 2nd team OL looks like a high school JV team. I feel sorry for everyone who has to play with them.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Mike Hamlin is the only rookie looking good today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Add Reid to the cut list....I'd like to see Mickens taking returns instead of him...what a joke.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Add Reid to the cut list....I'd like to see Mickens taking returns instead of him...what a joke.
Come on Thule, Willie Reid? He was already on the cut list. He's like the 7th or 8th receiver.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, Mike Hamlin is the only rookie looking good today.
Mickens looks so terrible...get your head turned...they teach that **** in high school.

Jason Williams looks LOST on the field....he makes two steps and it's like he just sits and waits for the play after that....

We are getting stomped....we have no depth...this is pathetic.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Cut 80% of the guys in the game right now... I cant believe we didn't pick andrew hawkins off the show just to use as a punt returner. these guys are terrible
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Come on Thule, Willie Reid? He was already on the cut list. He's like the 7th or 8th receiver.
Waste of a roster spot haha. Plus why give him returns when we have guys who need to prove it....Felix Jones should ahve been back there to make the fair catch.....hell atleast someone on the bubble to make a clutch catch to see if we can trust them.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Cut 80% of the guys in the game right now... I cant believe we didn't pick andrew hawkins off the show just to use as a punt returner. these guys are terrible
RB/TE/QB/OLB is our only strong positions depth wise.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Waste of a roster spot haha. Plus why give him returns when we have guys who need to prove it....Felix Jones should ahve been back there to make the fair catch.....hell atleast someone on the bubble to make a clutch catch to see if we can trust them.
Deangelo Smith should be back there, atleast.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Good job Ogletree, almost got it ripped out, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lattimore can play in the league, some team out there must need a 3rd RB.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was just going to post something similar. He's really not a bad back at all. He was good last year for us and he's looking solid again today. He can move.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-14-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Deangelo Smith should be back there, atleast.
Whoops ya I meant Smith not Mickens.

Atleast noone has been hurt this game...one thing we can take from this game.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-14-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The battle for that last WR spot sure is off to a thrilling start. Only thing to judge them off of so far is their kick returns. Ogletree bested Stanback there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-14-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

McGee could use a little touch on that pass...but either way interior OL cost us that TD...terrible showing again.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-14-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, then.

What a hard pill to swallow, huh?

We obviously don't have any depth to speak of in the secondary or along either line. Was disappointed to see how horrible our second and third units were. At this point, it really doesn't look like we have an NFL caliber lineman on this team besides the 5 that start. After the first 3, we literally have no other NFL caliber CBs, either.

A lot to be nervous about, but I think we need to be aware that a lot of these guys are athletes that are going to be relied upon to play STs and weren't really expected to be ready for primetime right away. A lot of the stupid mistakes that cost us in this game--such as Victor Butler having perfect contain on the goal line and then giving up his outside leverage for the easy TD--can be easily cleaned up by more repetition and teaching.

I think we're above average at every position on this team. QB, RB, WR, TE, T, G, C; CB, S, OLB, ILB, DE and NT.

There really isn't a weakness that I can see among the starters. But as we saw tonight, this team is not prepared to deal with any serious amount of injury.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The battle for that last WR spot sure is off to a thrilling start. Only thing to judge them off of so far is their kick returns. Ogletree bested Stanback there.
I'm still leaning Stanback....Ogletree is going against a weaker ST unit and taking kicks at the 10...but both have been uneventful....both with critcal drops that would have extended or put points on the board.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, if Ogletree doesnt make plays in these games, he's done for. Even if Stanback doesnt do anything either. Stanback has a bit of an edge with Kitna throwing his way atleast. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be a little concerned about your run defense honestly. Ive said this for awhile, and its always overlooked: The Cowboys slant into gaps. Thats a high risk high reward style of stopping the run.

The problem with this is 2 fold

1. You do it bc you don't have a true NT, and to counter this problem, Wade has his linemen slant into gaps to attack the run game at the LOS. This is what smaller dlines generally do against the run bc they lack the bulk to take on guys head on, and it works effectively until..

2. You go against a good ZBS. A good ZBS running team can counter these gap slants, and just open up your defense to long runs. You saw that yesterday with McFadden, and if you go back and look at the long runs the Ravens did, it was more of the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGRU...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoCPJ9AJ0Tk
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...den-highlights

notice how your linemen slanted into their gaps? Notice how the oline countered with a stoute ZBS that offered a counter lane?

This will be an issue against shifty RBs all season. Guys like Westbrook, McCoy, Bradshaw, Portis, they will all have success on this style of running on the Cowboys.

Now the question is how much ZBS teams will incorporate in their gameplan against the Cowboys. I know the Giants run a lot of it out of the Shotgun Draws we do, as well as our single back sets with Bradshaw when we run our change of pace run plays.

With Jacobs we run a ton of power and pull guards, so the Cowboys will be ok against that, but depending on Bradshaw and our chemistry on O with him in the game, we might be able to pull off some long runs against the Cowboys D.

Something to keep an eye on.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 08-14-2009 at 08:26 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We are getting stomped....we have no depth...this is pathetic.
Any why is that?
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Lattimore can play in the league, some team out there must need a 3rd RB.
Only guy from last year I mourned.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote