Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,131
Reputation: 324354
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Wow Vick to the Iggles....I remember this fool on here saying what a great franchise they have and their GM/Front office is sooooo much better than ours. From what i remember they STILL havent won a SB and now this. Wonder what that guy would have said if "Jerrah" would have signed him? Hmmmm. Guess we'll never know since everybody has him on ignore.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the real world
Posts: 1,384
Reputation: 23294
herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Wow Vick to the Iggles....I remember this fool on here saying what a great franchise they have and their GM/Front office is sooooo much better than ours. From what i remember they STILL havent won a SB and now this. Wonder what that guy would have said if "Jerrah" would have signed him? Hmmmm. Guess we'll never know since everybody has him on ignore.
Too funny. Not one person I know outside of Dallas thinks we have a better organization than the Eagles. NOT ONE. But this is why Dallas Fans are called SUCH HOMERS. Not my words .....

I will say this, Eagles are in better shape for the next 3 years then we are. So are the Giants. As evidenced, we are getting thin at the back of the roster b/c our younger players are not very good.

These are the same young guys Jerrah drafted and developed since Parcells left. Coincidence?? RUFKM???? Absolutely not. You have a staff which is not as good as finding or developing guys. Where is Wade's Romo or Ratliff or Colombo or MBIII?????????? Choice maybe?

The rot has already started .... let me go through 2007 to 2009 to show you how bad decisions eventually create damage by forgoing talent at the top end of the draft ...

1. Giving up a pick for Spencer when we already had Carpenter the year previously. Not that Carp was going to be an All-Pro but between Ware, Ellis and Carpenter -- good enuff. RESULT: Draft Spencer, waste two valuable early round picks, essentially forced Burnett off the team b/c you choose between him and Carp.

3 lost opportunities in exchange for 1 player. Two Second Rounders and one Third I think.

2. Drafting two Kickers in three years in the 5th round. RESULT: We have a bake off in camp and may need to carry two kickers. Not too smart and certainly not ideal touse a roster spot of an f*ing Kicker. FYI Crosby is better than Folk and was one round later.

2 lost opportunities in exchange for a Kicker "bake-off" most teams do with UDFA. Lost 2 5th Rounders.

3. 4th Round drafting Stanback. An abortion from day 1.

1 more lost opportunity high in the draft. 4th rounder.

4. Trading Fasano then having to take Bennett. We already have Witten.

1 more lost opportunity high in the draft. 2nd rounder.

5. Signing Johnson and Cutting Moore. Cost us Moore and forced us into McGhee -- which scraps the Fasano fourth rounder.

1 more lost opportunity high in the draft. 4th rounder.

6. Taking Felix instead of Mendenhall. (this one is going to piss off folks but logic holds regardless of two the players turn out). Taking Felix forced us to take Tashard but Tashard and Lattimore are both quality 3rd backs. Another alternative was a Charles later in the draft board who could do what Felix does behind a stud like MBIII and RM.

1 more lost opportunity high in the draft. 4th rounder tho again, this one is very debatable

7. RW Trade.

1 First and 1 Third when Boldin could have been had for a Second and Third.

8. Burnett/Carp/Spencer also forced us to use one of the 4ths this year on back-up OLB.

1 First and 1 Third when Boldin could have been had for a Second and Third.

This does not even get into the myriad of reaches like Brewster regardless of whether they make it or not or how beastly you think they are.

We waste lots of energy trying to out smart teams and end up out smarting ourselves. The net-net by my count is 2 Fifths, 4 Fourths, 1 Third, 1 Second and 1 First and what doe we have for that ....

Felix/Bennett/Folk/Spencer/McGee/B Williams/R Williams/Choice/Stanback

.... instead of ....

Mendenhall/Fasano/Burnett/Lattimore/M Moore/ Ayodele plus 2 Fifths, 4 Fourths, 1 Third, 1 Second, and 1 First.

FYI, While I hate the Vick signing b/c he is another cancer boy like TO, funny enough your GM loves it .... for the Iggles. So.......

http://jacquestaylorblog.dallasnews....-had-gone.html

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-14-2009 at 12:18 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,489
Reputation: 98039
Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Where is Wade's Romo or Ratliff or Colombo or MBIII?????????? Choice maybe?
Where are you going with this? Big Bill had his draft busts. How about Peterman and Rogers? We've actually had good drafts.

Quote:
The rot has already started .... let me go through 2007 to 2009 to show you how bad decisions eventually create damage by forgoing talent at the top end of the draft ...

1. Giving up a pick for Spencer when we already had Carpenter the year previously. Not that Carp was going to be an All-Pro but between Ware, Ellis and Carpenter -- good enuff. RESULT: Draft Spencer, waste two valuable early round picks, essentially forced Burnett off the team b/c you choose between him and Carp.
Can't have it both ways....Ever think they felt that they had to go with a pass rusher because Carp had showed so little (Big Bill pick).

And since when can you be critical of teams for drafting guys that can get to the QB? Everybody is looking for those guys.

I liked Burnett, but if he was so great, why couldn't he take Adoyle or Thomas' spot?


Quote:
2. Drafting two Kickers in three years in the 5th round. RESULT: We have a bake off in camp and may need to carry two kickers. Not too smart and certainly not ideal touse a roster spot of an f*ing Kicker. FYI Crosby is better than Folk and was one round later.
You are making no sense.

You do realize that Folk's career FG % is 86.8 and Crosby is 79.4? How is he better?


Quote:
3. 4th Round drafting Stanback. An abortion from day 1.
We've been around this before. It appears the pick is not going to work out, but you're attitude assumes that no team ever fails on their picks either. Dallas' 4th rounder didn't work out! OMG, they suck! BTW, this was during Big Bill's tenure.

Quote:
4. Trading Fasano then having to take Bennett. We already have Witten.
Are you saying you would rather have Fasano? Fasano is JAG. BTW, another Big Bill pick.


Quote:
5. Signing Johnson and Cutting Moore. Cost us Moore and forced us into McGhee -- which scraps the Fasano fourth rounder.
Moore was a loss. I remember it being reported when they did it that they really regretted having to do it because they liked him. In hindsight, they should have kept 3 QBs.


Quote:
6. Taking Felix instead of Mendenhall. (this one is going to piss off folks but logic holds regardless of two the players turn out). Taking Felix forced us to take Tashard but Tashard and Lattimore are both quality 3rd backs. Another alternative was a Charles later in the draft board who could do what Felix does behind a stud like MBIII and RM.
Absolutely insane. You have zero credibility.

Quote:
7. RW Trade.

1 First and 1 Third when Boldin could have been had for a Second and Third.
All things being equal, I would rather have Boldin also. Are you sure you could have gotten Boldin for that?

Quote:
8. Burnett/Carp/Spencer also forced us to use one of the 4ths this year on back-up OLB.
Dude, your logic is flawed somewhat. With a 3-4, you are always going to draft LBers. Every year. I've addressed Carp earlier; that one's on Big Bill.


Quote:
This does not even get into the myriad of reaches like Brewster regardless of whether they make it or not or how beastly you think they are.
Again, Brewster was a reach, but you're approach assumes that no team in the league ever reaches on a player. You're not seeing the forest for the trees.


Quote:
Felix/Bennett/Folk/Spencer/McGee/B Williams/R Williams/Choice/Stanback

.... instead of ....

Mendenhall/Fasano/Burnett/Lattimore/M Moore/ Ayodele plus 2 Fifths, 4 Fourths, 1 Third, 1 Second, and 1 First.
Without knowing what those draft picks were going to be, I don't think your scenario is better than the first. Especially, given that we really don't know what the ceiling is going to be for felix, bennett, williams, spencer, etc.

It really appears that you are not really thinking about what you post before you post it.
__________________
In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 08-14-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Id be a little concerned about your run defense honestly. Ive said this for awhile, and its always overlooked: The Cowboys slant into gaps. Thats a high risk high reward style of stopping the run.

The problem with this is 2 fold

1. You do it bc you don't have a true NT, and to counter this problem, Wade has his linemen slant into gaps to attack the run game at the LOS. This is what smaller dlines generally do against the run bc they lack the bulk to take on guys head on, and it works effectively until..

2. You go against a good ZBS. A good ZBS running team can counter these gap slants, and just open up your defense to long runs. You saw that yesterday with McFadden, and if you go back and look at the long runs the Ravens did, it was more of the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGRU...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoCPJ9AJ0Tk
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...den-highlights

notice how your linemen slanted into their gaps? Notice how the oline countered with a stoute ZBS that offered a counter lane?

This will be an issue against shifty RBs all season. Guys like Westbrook, McCoy, Bradshaw, Portis, they will all have success on this style of running on the Cowboys.

Now the question is how much ZBS teams will incorporate in their gameplan against the Cowboys. I know the Giants run a lot of it out of the Shotgun Draws we do, as well as our single back sets with Bradshaw when we run our change of pace run plays.

With Jacobs we run a ton of power and pull guards, so the Cowboys will be ok against that, but depending on Bradshaw and our chemistry on O with him in the game, we might be able to pull off some long runs against the Cowboys D.

Something to keep an eye on.
Good job on the post! Our run Defense makes me crap rocks. Just yesterday Burns posted something about how good of a run defender that Ratliff was. I respect Football Outsiders, but I'm still very concerned about Ratliff's impact at the NT position and how that affects the rest of the front 7 against the run. Pass rushing wise, he's a beast. Put him at DE and I think he could be one of the most special 3-4 DEs in the league. At NT, he just doesn't open things up for others enough. Against the run, he doesn't command a double team. He can command one against the pass, and I think that is one reason why Dallas' defense had the most sacks in the league last year. The double he commands in the middle against the pass opened up opportunities for others to seize. I think our sack totals will be high again this year.

But back to the run D... opponents simply don't feel the need to double team him in run blocking. They can put a single guy on him. The fact that he doesn't command one against the run, just makes it harder on everyone else. Put Haloti Ngata in there, and I tell you, our run defense would be fantastic.

I dunno, I guess Wade's plan is to continue having our linemen shoot the gaps, because since he's been here, we haven't seriously attempted to find a true NT. We haven't had one since our conversion to the 3-4. Parcells brought Ferguson, but he did the exact same thing Ratliff is doing... and was also undersized at 305 pounds. The fact that Ratliff has shed weight and is now 290 something just makes me shake my head.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Good job on the post! Our run Defense makes me crap rocks. Just yesterday Burns posted something about how good of a run defender that Ratliff was. I respect Football Outsiders, but I'm still very concerned about Ratliff's impact at the NT position and how that affects the rest of the front 7 against the run. Pass rushing wise, he's a beast. Put him at DE and I think he could be one of the most special 3-4 DEs in the league. At NT, he just doesn't open things up for others enough. Against the run, he doesn't command a double team. He can command one against the pass, and I think that is one reason why Dallas' defense had the most sacks in the league last year. The double he commands in the middle against the pass opened up opportunities for others to seize. I think our sack totals will be high again this year.

But back to the run D... opponents simply don't feel the need to double team him in run blocking. They can put a single guy on him. The fact that he doesn't command one against the run, just makes it harder on everyone else. Put Haloti Ngata in there, and I tell you, our run defense would be fantastic.

I dunno, I guess Wade's plan is to continue having our linemen shoot the gaps, because since he's been here, we haven't seriously attempted to find a true NT. We haven't had one since our conversion to the 3-4. Parcells brought Ferguson, but he did the exact same thing Ratliff is doing... and was also undersized at 305 pounds. The fact that Ratliff has shed weight and is now 290 something just makes me shake my head.
Was it Ratliff's idea to shed the weight or the coaches?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Was it Ratliff's idea to shed the weight or the coaches?
I really don't know. Have you guys caught up on today's local media news? I haven't had a chance yet. What are they saying?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Um...how are we different this year than last, exactly?

Last year we showed signs of being a dominant run defense and ended up 12th after a late season swoon. This year we have rid ourselves of probably the two worst perpetrators from last season, Thomas and Ellis, and we have replaced them with players that excel against the run. Igor is an upgrade over Canty in the run dept.

I just don't see it, we've seen this in action and yes, there are reasons for concern but I'm not losing sleep over it at all.

I'm much, much more concerned about depth at NT, ILB and CB right now than an area of our team that has been a strength of our team the last two years.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,659
Reputation: 4263430
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I don't think Dallas's run defense will be terrible or anything. It will be solid to be honest. If I came off that way, then let me clarify that is not what I meant.

Im just saying there is room for concern, in particular against ZBS blocking schemes. And since we like to nitpick, I just wanted to point out a schematic flaw that could potentially lead to trouble.

Just pointing out something to pay attention to in the future.

I don't think the run defense got any worse or improved any this offseason to be honest. I don't think too much of Brooking, to me him and Thomas were a wash. And I think Igor will basically give you the same producation in the run game that Canty gave you.

Although if what D says is true about Ratliff going to 290 lbs, that would concern me. But to clarify one point, we often talk about the Cowboys defense as a true 3-4, but we need to remember that its not.

Ive used this analogy before, I like to think of it as a 4-3 masked in a 3-4 shell. Its a 1 gap scheme. So there is no true 2 gap NT in it. Especially with the gap slanting strategy the Cowboys employ. So while a 2 gap NT would be preferred, its not a necessity with how Wade runs this defense.

But with that strategy comes a risk, which is the susceptibility to ZBS 1 cut runs by speedy shifty RBs. Which is really all I wanted to discuss. Not meant to be interpretted as "your run D is weak".
__________________

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 08-14-2009 at 04:57 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I was responding more to D's comment than yours, and I def see what your saying from a technical standpoint. I disagree that its a big deal, as I haven't noticed us getting gashed by ZBSes in the past (any more than traditional m2m schemes) and as such I am not that concerned.

Honestly, I think if anything we should be more worried about Ratliff being pushd around by double teams which--logic says--should have been happening the last two years. The problem there is that hasn't been an issue. More often we've seen the two ILB's getting beat down by guards reaching the second level (which Burns' info from Outsiders confirms) and have had a problem stuffing the run against downhill runners and power running offenses. This happened in the Ravens game last year as well as the 1st game against the Redskins when we couldn't stop either team from running it down our throats late in the game.

And trust me, BBD, Igor will be an upgrade on Canty in the run game. I think you will be disappointed in his play, to be honest, and I would be shocked if he doesn't become a cap casualty within the first 3 years of that contract. The only thing that ever differentiated him from your typical 3-4 DE or 4-3 UT was his ability to flash as a pass rusher. Around here we had visions of him becoming that dynamic big guy who could be a two way force, run and pass. He showed signs from time to time, but never made the leap.

Igor is capable of dominating versus the run--at one time many of this site thought of him as the best run defending 3-4 end in the league--but should be a non entity against the pass. Canty never got to that next level as a run defender, although he was very solid.

Overall, it was a lateral move. But it was an upgrade in the running game for sure. Just watch Canty closely and you'll see what I mean.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

BBD, we love to nitpick around here. It's what we do. :) We like to sound overexaggerating sometimes too... just for the dramatic effect. ;)

Our run D has been problematic at crucial times. Overall, they may have ranked 12th, but it's the consistency that I have a problem with. They looked great at times and bad at times.

The problem with the ILBs stuffing the run, imo, still stems back to NT. Those big guards that have mauled them in the past, get to them in the first place because Ratliff doesn't perform the assignment like a true 34 NT would. That's basically what I was saying. Same thing when Ferg was here. Neither never/hardly ever commanded a double, or occupied that space taking those assignments. Instead of our ILBs hitting the gap that our NT should be occupying, our NT is trying to hit the gap. I dunno if that's what Wade wants or if he's accommodating because of personel. Just confusing, because we never have seemed to be in hot pursuit of a true NT.

Ray Lewis has had a career revival after Ngata got drafted. He was starting to looked slowed down before that. Now, while Ngata is filling the gaps, Lewis is being the playmaker that he is. That's what we don't have.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the real world
Posts: 1,384
Reputation: 23294
herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Where are you going with this? Big Bill had his draft busts. How about Peterman and Rogers? We've actually had good drafts.
Yes he did but I don't think it fair to compare roster building and player development skills.

We have had 3 Jerrah drafts and at best you have 4 players -- all back-ups so far except Jenkins/Scandrick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Can't have it both ways....Ever think they felt that they had to go with a pass rusher because Carp had showed so little (Big Bill pick).
Mabye, but you don't make that decisions 1 year into Carp's career given how well he ended his rookie season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
And since when can you be critical of teams for drafting guys that can get to the QB? Everybody is looking for those guys.
I was not critical for drafting a QB. I was a proponent of it. I was critical of letting go a young guy like Moore for Johnson when it was clear Johnson was shot in Preseason and Moore was raw.

With respect to McGee, last night shows you how far he has to go if he ever gets there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I liked Burnett, but if he was so great, why couldn't he take Adoyle or Thomas' spot?
Who said he was great. All I said was as part of a chain of events we let him go because he was a spare. Yet he has much more than "spare" talent. This problem was created by the drafting of Spencer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
You are making no sense.
Your opinion. That is OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
You do realize that Folk's career FG % is 86.8 and Crosby is 79.4? How is he better?
You are going to compare a guy who kicks in the NFC North from Greenbay to Folk on accuracy? OMG. Fact is Folk can't kick-off and that was clear from before the draft.

Do I like Folk's accuracy. Sure but there is a reason Kickers are pushed around like commodities and rarely are they drafted early.

I like Folk but his choice is an indication of strange player personnel decisions and the misuse of draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
We've been around this before. It appears the pick is not going to work out, but you're attitude assumes that no team ever fails on their picks either. Dallas' 4th rounder didn't work out! OMG, they suck! BTW, this was during Big Bill's tenure.
Again, this is mis-representation of what I am writing. Just a flat out lie.

I can't make sense of Jerrah's drafts given what I see on the field and what folks who know young talent say about our options.

Last two years we don't trade up in drafts and we miss our guys. Hardy in 08. Unger this year.

You think TO is cut and Roy is traded for if we get Hardy last year? Probably not.

We get Unger this year and ..... I can go on an don't about players we ALL TALKED about that were passed on, that we needed on the roster but we inexplicably ignored them or a similar type player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Are you saying you would rather have Fasano? Fasano is JAG. BTW, another Big Bill pick.
Fasano + Ayodele + 2nd Rounder + 4th rounder + 1 FA Signing >>>>>>> Bennett + McGee + Brooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Moore was a loss. I remember it being reported when they did it that they really regretted having to do it because they liked him. In hindsight, they should have kept 3 QBs.
I get the thought process here at least. I thought the analysis on Johnson was wrong but I get keeping a Vet. If we had cut Moore but signed Leftwich -- makes sense. But PSing Moore to keep Johnson? Just plain stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Absolutely insane. You have zero credibility.
If you say so but fact is I have been CORRECT for the most part the last few years and I am ON RECORD as saying we are slowly regressing this roster back to the bad old days.

Like 1996/7/8 without any playoff victories under the belt.

I think we have this year and next to do something but I don't see the young guys that are needed to keep the roster fresh in 2011 and beyond. I don't see the player development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
All things being equal, I would rather have Boldin also. Are you sure you could have gotten Boldin for that?
We can never know. So in all fairness to Jerry .... but point is don't give up so much for a WR and as I point out above we might have been in a different mindset if we pursued the guy we wanted (Hardy) instead of sitting there and/or trading down.

Unger and Rey Rey are good examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Dude, your logic is flawed somewhat. With a 3-4, you are always going to draft LBers. Every year. I've addressed Carp earlier; that one's on Big Bill.
Sure you need LBers but right now we also have other more pressing needs.

Plus given our recent history of developing guys (Spencer) you have to wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Again, Brewster was a reach, but you're approach assumes that no team in the league ever reaches on a player. You're not seeing the forest for the trees.
We reach on lots. Brewster is one data point indicative of the problem. You forget to mention all the others I have discussed but that is fine. And plenty of teams reach and fail. It explains loser franchises. Raiders anyone?

But just as importantly as reaching is using the draft to bolster areas of need. I, for example, have been have with the approach to the DBs last two draft. We are creating a serious bake off and by the time this shakes out we will be OK there. The move to do this on OLB sounds fine but we are not addressing ILB, OL and DL which are key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Without knowing what those draft picks were going to be, I don't think your scenario is better than the first. Especially, given that we really don't know what the ceiling is going to be for felix, bennett, williams, spencer, etc.
Who knows what they will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
It really appears that you are not really thinking about what you post before you post it.
All my points are horrible. I know.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the real world
Posts: 1,384
Reputation: 23294
herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think Dallas's run defense will be terrible or anything. It will be solid to be honest. If I came off that way, then let me clarify that is not what I meant.

Im just saying there is room for concern, in particular against ZBS blocking schemes. And since we like to nitpick, I just wanted to point out a schematic flaw that could potentially lead to trouble.

Just pointing out something to pay attention to in the future.

I don't think the run defense got any worse or improved any this offseason to be honest. I don't think too much of Brooking, to me him and Thomas were a wash. And I think Igor will basically give you the same producation in the run game that Canty gave you.

Although if what D says is true about Ratliff going to 290 lbs, that would concern me. But to clarify one point, we often talk about the Cowboys defense as a true 3-4, but we need to remember that its not.

Ive used this analogy before, I like to think of it as a 4-3 masked in a 3-4 shell. Its a 1 gap scheme. So there is no true 2 gap NT in it. Especially with the gap slanting strategy the Cowboys employ. So while a 2 gap NT would be preferred, its not a necessity with how Wade runs this defense.

But with that strategy comes a risk, which is the susceptibility to ZBS 1 cut runs by speedy shifty RBs. Which is really all I wanted to discuss. Not meant to be interpretted as "your run D is weak".
Translation, our D gives up big running plays because of how we play it and the fact we are missing a two gap NT.

McFadden run as evidence last night I believe.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

hernaiteddisc, can you stop just going nuts about how bad jerry is amd talk football?

you have a secret hate for him we get it. He is our owner, get over it. get into heated arguement's about football all you want, but the jerry stuff is annoying and not even fun to talk about.

please dude im really asking nicely. talk about football on the field. jerry is our owner. its done with
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,131
Reputation: 324354
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
hernaiteddisc, can you stop just going nuts about how bad jerry is amd talk football?

you have a secret hate for him we get it. He is our owner, get over it. get into heated arguement's about football all you want, but the jerry stuff is annoying and not even fun to talk about.

please dude im really asking nicely. talk about football on the field. jerry is our owner. its done with
Welcome to year 4... Really though, if you and everybody else put him on ignore like D, LL, Me and others, maybe he will just go away. If not then who cares cuz nobody will be reading the trash anyway....atleast until he makes another alias to tell him how right/smart he is and believe me he has pulled that stunt as well.:roll:
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

To be fair, on Mcfadden's 45 yarder, that was our second unit in there. Not encouraging at all but, just pointing out that it was not our starters.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,617
Reputation: 201113
E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I usually like to give a game, especially a Preseason one, a little bit to marinate before reflecting on it in forum form. I knew the first game would have some issues, but I didn't think it would be that bad. Of course it's the first Preseason game with a good amount of rookies and second to third year guys getting serious playing time. Here's what I thought:

Running Offense: Looked pretty good. Barber, Felix, and Tashard looked good. We knew that well before last night, so not a surprise there. Lattimore looked really good when he got time. I liked Coleman since college, and I never really payed much attention to Lattimore. After last night, I would love him as a 3rd guy. Of course there's no way with Tashard on board, so I think he's a practice squad guy or he's somewhere else. Either way, it's nice to have him just in case something happens. The line didn't look bad at all. The thing I'm betting about the line is that they will get better the more they block. I can see them wearing defenses down as the game goes along.

Passing O: Looked on point. The line looked really good protection wise. Even the second team. I don't see how they're getting criticized. They really gave Kitna and McGee decent time outside of a few plays. They looked better than I thought, and it's something that should be praised. If I was rating them on a letter scale, they'd get an A for giving Romo, Kitna, and McGee consistently 4 seconds to read the field. Kitna had a few off throws, but nothing to concern me. McGee looked raw, but he didn't do anything really stupid. They kept him on a good leash to prevent him from doing too bad. I saw some good potential from him. He'll get out of that running 20 yards backwards mode in time. lol Hurd looked awesome, and I'm glad he's getting some shine. To be honest I've always liked him over Austin. Not to knock Miles, because he offers something good, but Hurd seems like he can be a better long term prospect. While Miles is a hot weapon that opens things up, Hurd gives you more for your bucks.

Run D: The first team didn't have any problems. They didn't have much time though. The second team really got gashed. Too many guys out of position, and too many guys with their heads spinning. Butler, Williams, and Rogers looked really confused, and Carp didn't help much. Siavii didn't relaly look like he got bullied when I pay attention to him. I did see him make a really good hustle play. He slanted to the opposite side of the play, but still caught up to the runner(Hitchens I believe) about 15 yards downfield. The 2nd team needs alot of work, but I expected that. Bowen still impressed me though. I love his hustle, and I think he usurps Hatcher. Hatcher was invisible last night.

Pass D: The pass rush looked like it could have some real promise, and it hurt that Newman and Jenkins were out. I saw some plays that could've been sacks if Ball and Brown hadn't gotten beat so quick. Butler has some nice athleticism, but he's still raw. I think by the end of this year he'll be a real contributor. I see alot in him. He just needs in game experience. He's got some good natural pss rush ability. Spencer actually looked good. His coverage surprised me, and I'm excited about him getting his chance. Ball didn't look too good early, but he didn't blow things too badly after awhile. Mickens looked way in over his head, but he showed some decent skills on a couple of plays. Brown......yeah he should go. He got abused all night long like he was a Lionel Richie song. He's got good speed and size, but you can find that anywhere. I would rather them ick up a veteran before giving Brown any sort of time. I've seen enough from him these past two seasons.



Rookies:
-Williams has some serious athleticism. I see why they took the guy. He is incredibly raw, but if he ever learns the game properly he'll be a Pro Bowler for sure. There aren't many linebackers in the game with his speed and quickness. He's a rare athlete for sure.

-Butler had good push rushing skills, but needs work like expected on defending the run.

-McGee did alright. He can turn into a real good backup for the future. We knew he had good quickness, but he did a good job of not getting flustered.

-I didn't pay much attention to DeAngelo Smith unfortunately.

-Same thing with Mike Hamlin.

-Phillips looks like a good find for the third TE spot. Showed some decent blocking, and didn't get overwhelmed.

-Mickens looked bad, but showed some hope. He's not a lost cause like Brown.

-Manny Johnson almost had a TD, but McGee overthrew him when he was wide open.
__________________
"If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A thread near you!
Posts: 13,772
Reputation: 24270
Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Welcome to year 4... Really though, if you and everybody else put him on ignore like D, LL, Me and others, maybe he will just go away. If not then who cares cuz nobody will be reading the trash anyway....atleast until he makes another alias to tell him how right/smart he is and believe me he has pulled that stunt as well.:roll:
Since you joined in 2006, is rob really the worst guy you've seen here? Is rob really the worst poster here? From my point of view, he's just newkwhy 2.0. He has different viewpoints, but neither were popular. But honestly, he's toned down the personal attacks in the past few months that I've been actively lurking. The reason I enjoy having him here (even when I disagree) is that there is no other place to hear an opinion (on the Cowboys) like his. Not on sports talk radio/TV, not from informed friends, and definitely not 99% of the posters here can you actually find a fresh opinion. So I guess I'm just saying that I appreciate diversity. There is nothing fun or interesting than a bunch of Cowboys fans sitting around yanking eachother's puds and saying how great we all are. That's especially crazy given that we are 100% in the midst of a decline/fall. Look at the season records, and look at the trophy case. Rob is at least trying to explore why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
We've been around this before. It appears the pick is not going to work out, but you're attitude assumes that no team ever fails on their picks either. Dallas' 4th rounder didn't work out! OMG, they suck! BTW, this was during Big Bill's tenure.

Moore was a loss. I remember it being reported when they did it that they really regretted having to do it because they liked him. In hindsight, they should have kept 3 QBs.

Dude, your logic is flawed somewhat. With a 3-4, you are always going to draft LBers. Every year. I've addressed Carp earlier; that one's on Big Bill.

Again, Brewster was a reach, but you're approach assumes that no team in the league ever reaches on a player. You're not seeing the forest for the trees.
Substitute that info for Giants info, and you'd call that guy a homer.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

People bash the Cowboys and JJ all the time, I dont know what makes Rob any different. We have a healthy diverse, opinionated round table with or without him. To say we all agree all the time is false. I would certainly know this first hand. lol. This isnt a shot at Rob but, it's not like we have needed him for us all to disagree on different things or conjure up something new. Most of the time, it's just the same old, same old. This isnt like a typical cowboy forum, where everyone thinks so and so is the greatest player in the league or just a constant homer fest. There is a reason I choose not to post on such sites.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,131
Reputation: 324354
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
People bash the Cowboys and JJ all the time, I dont know what makes Rob any different. We have a healthy diverse, opinionated round table with or without him. To say we all agree all the time is false. I would certainly know this first hand. lol. This isnt a shot at Rob but, it's not like we have needed him for us all to disagree on different things or conjure up something new. Most of the time, it's just the same old, same old. This isnt like a typical cowboy forum, where everyone thinks so and so is the greatest player in the league or just a constant homer fest. There is a reason I choose not to post on such sites.
This is exactly right. What makes Rob different is he wants to tell everybody how right he is and how stupid everybody else is. As many people have pointed out, he seems to want some sort of internet cred and if he doesnt get it he comes on here to tell everybody "I told you so". He repeats the same stuff over and over and over again and its always about how stupid Jerrah is. Jerry gets no credit for any of the good players and all the blame for all of the ones that havent worked out. It is just OLD. And yes he is BY FAR the most annoying poster to ever post on here. Believe me when I say this isnt just my opinion. People PM me all the time about his annoying posts. Ward you are the only one I have ever heard say you enjoy his posts, unless of course your counting one of his many alias's that come on here to tell him how right he is. Ask around if you dont believe me. There is a reason hes been Banned so many times.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,605
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Since you joined in 2006, is rob really the worst guy you've seen here? Is rob really the worst poster here? From my point of view, he's just newkwhy 2.0. He has different viewpoints, but neither were popular. But honestly, he's toned down the personal attacks in the past few months that I've been actively lurking. The reason I enjoy having him here (even when I disagree) is that there is no other place to hear an opinion (on the Cowboys) like his. Not on sports talk radio/TV, not from informed friends, and definitely not 99% of the posters here can you actually find a fresh opinion. So I guess I'm just saying that I appreciate diversity. There is nothing fun or interesting than a bunch of Cowboys fans sitting around yanking eachother's puds and saying how great we all are. That's especially crazy given that we are 100% in the midst of a decline/fall. Look at the season records, and look at the trophy case. Rob is at least trying to explore why.



Substitute that info for Giants info, and you'd call that guy a homer.
You know me. I love versatility. I even take bad sides for the fun of debate. I even tried defending Roy, knowing it was a challenging position. To this day, I still think I brought just points to the table as reasons why he would be on the field...which is different from me saying he needed to be on the field, but some people then try to claim that I was some sort of Roy lover and then use that as ammunition to puff themselves up. When in fact, he was going to play no matter what because 1) you don't see teams benching a guy making that much. 2) he had ZERO trade value. 3) he would've been a huge cap penalty if we cut him. 4) the coaching staff was visibily making their best effort to hide his flaws (taking him out of plays) or make him better (motivating him to lose weight). 5) you don't see teams benching their Pro Bowlers. 6) I could go on and on, but this is off tangent.

The problem that I have with Bob is that he will not look at both sides of the coin. He won't be honest in his judgements, because in his mind he is already preset and predetermined to look for blame. You can't argue with him because he will always go back to "we haven't won the SB" argument, but he puts a timeline on how far back he'll look. ...and every good that's done, is done by someone other than Jerry. Forget that Jerry hired these guys. Nooooooo..... rather focus on the fact that he drove them out. Which still holds no water in my eyes because neither Jimmy or Bill have accomplished anything since leaving. So all it is is one continual circle of repeating the same things over and over... he won't acknowledge a good point when brought up to him. You can't have a healthy conversation like that.

The last thing this forum is is a bunch of Cowboys homers puffing smoke up each others' asses. I mean, outside of MOTH who loves every single Cowboys player. haha. Had to Moth! ;) I think this place is fine without someone who only cares about criticizing stuff with perfect hindsight vision and trying to tell us "I told you so" when those points are already known facts.

I mean, the guy REALLY thinks that he was the first to tell us Roy Williams had coverage issues. He really does!

He really wants to make it clear to us that Marcus Spears is a good NT. Like WTF?

He really wants to be reminded every day how great he is because he was right about TO not being good for the team. Forget that we had some very good seasons with him. Even an NFC East Championship. As a fan, if you can't be satisfied with progression, then you set yourself up for waking every morning in a bad mood. It's good to have SB aspirations, but it's unrealistic to expect it every year.

He really wants to make it clear that nothing Jerry does is ever or will ever be good. That's not versatility. That's a one sided, tunnel vision, turn the other cheek and not listen, type of approach.

Bottom line... It's all about him and his hatred for the Jerry's Cowboys.

If we all gloated about how many right points we've had in our time here, do you realize how wacky this forum would be?

The reason why this forum is a good place to come is because the people who have healthy discussions here respect each other even when we disagree (which happens a lot). If you don't have the group's respect then you might as well find somewhere else to post.

I've enjoyed conversation with Bob from time to time, to the point where I don't mind that he's around anymore. I respect your wishes and I know that as long as you want to have him here, that he'll be here. But I have him on ignore (first person to ever do that to). What would be nice though is that if you're going to keep him here, that you also add to his discussions. Cause I don't see you posting anything. I guess you're reading it. I believe you are. But if his posts are so enlightening, jump in the conversation. Even if it's to say you agree or disagree. I see him hanging to his defense by himself mostly. Honestly, it would be a better forum if you chimed in more.

...and no he's not kwhy. Kwhy talked about the football aspect of it all and didn't care to seek self pride in between his Parcells bashing. Funny... kwhy loved Jerry and hated BP. Bob is the opposite.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-14-2009 at 09:26 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A thread near you!
Posts: 13,772
Reputation: 24270
Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

pocketaces doesn't like him because rob used to call him names! Dang! Block whoever you want, I was just questioning your true motivation. My larger point is, all you guys do whenever this guy gets you in an argument (which he has, to most of you on several occasions) all you can do is go "WELL THERE'S CRAZY ROB AGAIN BEING SO CRAZY!! MAN THAT GUY JUST DOESN'T GET IT!" and then you backslap each other while posts like the one I quoted go by without getting destroyed. Yeah, you guys are about as diverse as Republicans and Democrats. If you're looking with a microscope, you can really tell the difference! FWIW, rob wasn't the last guy (or the only guy) to throw out an insult most recently.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A thread near you!
Posts: 13,772
Reputation: 24270
Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
This is exactly right. What makes Rob different is he wants to tell everybody how right he is and how stupid everybody else is.... As many people have pointed out, he seems to want some sort of internet cred...And yes he is BY FAR the most annoying poster to ever post on here. Believe me when I say this isnt just my opinion. People PM me all the time about his annoying posts. Ward you are the only one I have ever heard say you enjoy his posts, unless of course your counting one of his many alias's that come on here to tell him how right he is. Ask around if you dont believe me. There is a reason hes been Banned so many times.
1) Says the guy with personal attack infractions to his name.
2) E-cred, for better or worse, is real. This forum has a HOF. What is your point?
3) I disagree that he's the most annoying poster here. Even if your buddies PM eachother really tersely worded screeds about how stupid/mean/whatever Rob is, that doesn't make it a "fact".
4) The reasons he has been banned are irrelevant because he's here now. If you feel the admins have mishandled the situation: scott@draftcountdown.com .
Or feel free to PM us for an explanation so that we can explain our (divine) perspective! Until then, you've got no room to talk when it comes to how we handle disciplinary actions.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A thread near you!
Posts: 13,772
Reputation: 24270
Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
People bash the Cowboys and JJ all the time, I dont know what makes Rob any different. We have a healthy diverse, opinionated round table with or without him. To say we all agree all the time is false. I would certainly know this first hand. lol. This isnt a shot at Rob but, it's not like we have needed him for us all to disagree on different things or conjure up something new. Most of the time, it's just the same old, same old. This isnt like a typical cowboy forum, where everyone thinks so and so is the greatest player in the league or just a constant homer fest. There is a reason I choose not to post on such sites.
Do you see how odd it is that immediately after this post, it's followed by, "This is exactly right." by another poster involved in what I'm accusing you all of?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,131
Reputation: 324354
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
pocketaces doesn't like him because rob used to call him names! Dang! Block whoever you want, I was just questioning your true motivation. My larger point is, all you guys do whenever this guy gets you in an argument (which he has, to most of you on several occasions) all you can do is go "WELL THERE'S CRAZY ROB AGAIN BEING SO CRAZY!! MAN THAT GUY JUST DOESN'T GET IT!" and then you backslap each other while posts like the one I quoted go by without getting destroyed. Yeah, you guys are about as diverse as Republicans and Democrats. If you're looking with a microscope, you can really tell the difference! FWIW, rob wasn't the last guy (or the only guy) to throw out an insult most recently.
WOW...I guess you havent read what everybody on here has to say about Rob/Bob or whoever. Name calling and insults arent even being discussed. D is one of the best, if not best, posters on this forum and if even he has placed a first time ignore on someone there has to be a good reason why. Oh well your "The man" and what you say goes, so as long as you keep him off the banned list I guess we will just have to deal with it. I guess 99.0% of the posters on here cant be right can they???
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,131
Reputation: 324354
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
1) Says the guy with personal attack infractions to his name.
2) E-cred, for better or worse, is real. This forum has a HOF. What is your point?
3) I disagree that he's the most annoying poster here. Even if your buddies PM eachother really tersely worded screeds about how stupid/mean/whatever Rob is, that doesn't make it a "fact".
4) The reasons he has been banned are irrelevant because he's here now. If you feel the admins have mishandled the situation: scott@draftcountdown.com .
Or feel free to PM us for an explanation so that we can explain our (divine) perspective! Until then, you've got no room to talk when it comes to how we handle disciplinary actions.
1) Yes I've had a few infractions and once I even got banned for a week. Know what I did? I sat out my week and learned my lesson. Know what I didn't do? Create a new name and go back and tell everybody how stupid they were again and again.
2) If you say so.
3) It's a fact to us, even if YOU disagree.
4) Why have a ban then? I might be wrong but I thought you could only have one account on here, not multiple. If you want to explain your "divine" perspective, feel free. I'm sure most would love to hear.
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 08-14-2009 at 10:45 PM.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.