Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who do you want the most?

Who do you want the most? It doesn't matter if it is in FA or the draft,just tell me who you want. Try to keep it realistic if the Eagles would draft or sign them. For instance, don't say you want Calvin Johnson, there is no way we have a chance to get him. Don't say Ken Hamlin either, he is too expensive. It is who YOU want, so have fun and enjoy.

For example...
1. Patrick Willis, LB-Draft
2. Michael Griffin, S-Draft
3. Adam Carriker, DE-Draft
4. John Wendling, S-Draft
5. Brian Leonard, RB/FB-Draft
6. Ian Scott, DT-FA
7. Anthony Waters, LB-Draft
8. Tony Hunt, RB-Draft
9. London Fletcher-Baker, LB-FA
10. Eric Weddle, S-Draft
11. Nate Ilaoa, RB-Draft
12. Carlos Emmons, LB-FA
13. Chris Henry, BB-Draft
14. Fred Bennett, CB-Draft
15. Ron Dayne, RB-FA
16. Lavarr Arrington, LB-FA
17. Robert Meachem, WR-Draft
18. Kawika Mitchell, LB-FA
19. Justin Durant, LB-Draft
20. Desmond Bishop, LB-Draft

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have a ton of comments.

First of all, didnt you post this already? I'm positive you did but it must have been deleted.

I dont understand why you want London Fletcher. We could draft Buster Davis in the 3rd round and have the same thing for 1/4th the price and 8 years younger.

I used to be a huge Emmons fan. I wasn't happy at all when they essentially swapped Emmons for Dhani with the Giants. Carlos is done. He's now injury prone and hasn't played well when he was healthy.

I dont understand the obsession about a big back. Yes, Henry is big. No, Henry doesnt run big. He doesn't run very hard. He's a bit soft.

Dayne. You serious? I know he's much better than he was early in his career. He's still not even close to a good RB.

The only way I want Arrington if its for a very, very cheap price. He freelances way too much and I'd take him at WLB but again, for a cheap price. He's on his way down and not up. The Eagles wont go for him.

Since the beginning of the year I've wanted the Eagles to draft Willis in the 1st and Fred Bennett in the 2nd. Doesn't seem possible now. I really have no idea who I want the Eagles to draft (that are realistic) in the early rounds other than Anthony Waters. One final thing that I say is that I'm really interested in Daymeion Hughes, mainly because of value. He's a borderline 1st the entire year due to measurables/play, his measurables take a hit and now all of a sudden people are saying day 2.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Last edited by Dillen : 02-27-2007 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Felt like it.
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did post it earlier, but it was deleted, I don't know why. Fletcher is old, but has so much talent he probably is a little high on my board, but I didn't know where to put him. I have Emmons on here because he knows our system and could be good in the mentor role, but he is high as well. Henry and Ron Dayne are low on the board, so I don't see the big problem there. Once again, Arrington is low, he is on my list due to his pure talent, although it is eroding. Willis is still a possibility, and I probably should have put Hughes on there, probably in the 10-12 range. Fred Bennet is a possible third rounder for us. How about one from you, I would like to see what all of you guys want this off-season.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

I don't really have an order of who I want most to least. I'm not a huge fan of the FA group this year either. Here are the people I'd be interested in:

Free Agency
RB Chris Brown - a real power back, only if he comes cheap due to extensive injury history
TE Daniel Graham - a TE that isn't incapable of blocking
DE Dewayne White - young guy on the way up, him and Cole in the future would be awesome
S Ken Hamlin - perfect fit even if expensive...would take him over any other free agent

Draft
RB Dwayne Wright (3rd round)
RB Kolby Smith (5th - later)
WR Johnnie Lee Higgins (3rd - 4th)
WR Aundrae Allison (4th)
WR Paul Williams (4th)
LT Mario Henderson (day 2)
DE Anthony Spencer (1st)
DE Larry Birdine (late day 2)
WLB KaMichael Hall (4th)
WLB JuWan Simpson (day 2)
ILB Patrick Willis (1st)
ILB Brandon Siler (late day 1)
ILB Anthony Waters (3rd)
ILB Demond Bishop (early day 2)
CB Darrelle Revis (1st)
CB Aaron Ross (1st)
CB Daymeion Hughes
CB Fred Bennett (2nd)
CB Josh Wilson (3rd)
CB DeAndre Jackson (day 2)
CB Ramzee Robinson (5th and later)
S Michael Griffin (1st)
S Eric Weddle (2nd)
S Brandon Meriweather (day 1)
S John Wendling (day 1)

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 02-27-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i no this seems stupid but come on if u have a team of young recivers u need somone to show them the way, and not greg lewis just becuase he does not have enought playing time

Drew Bennet -FA
Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't think we need another WR like Drew Bennett. He is one of the top three WRs in a weak draft class, and teams have plenty of money. He will be too expensive for us. But maybe we go after a cheaper guy like Andre Davis, but I hope not. I want to see what Baskett and Avant can do. Maybe we could even see a little of Bloom in at WR if he is healthy and is back in football shape.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Hughes' workout at the combine on replay last night. He is just not very explosive. His technique is solid, but he doesn't have the speed or jumping ability to really make a huge impact. He is not a starting CB for us. I'd maybe consider him for our 3rd rounder, but that would be a stretch.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

He wouldn't need to be a starter for us anyway. We've got Lito and Sheldon.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lito and Sheldon are under contract for 2-3 more years each. Any CB we draft could step in in "sub packages" and play a part for the team on special teams. I was never that high on Hughes to begin with. I considered him a late 2nd rounder. With his workout and combine footage, I wouldn't consider him for the Eagles before the third round. That's all I was saying.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-28-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Sheldon is signed through 2012. Lito signed through 2011. They got 7 and 6 year extensions in their first year starting.

I'd love Hughes in the 3rd round. He isn't explosive as in speed, but he really knows how to play. Awesome instincts. He's had what, like 15 interceptions the past two years? He'll be able to play no matter where he goes. Maybe not a shutdown corner, but he doesn't need to be. He'd be a great pick in the 3rd.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 02-28-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Hughes good man to man, because people consider him an ideal cover 2 corner, so i am just wondering whether this is because he had experience mostly in zone in college, or just that he would translate well. Also do you think that Hughes could play safety as well?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Hughes is a lot like Paul Pozluszny in that he does not have ideal physical tools, but he makes up for it in technique, consistency, intelligence, and instincts. He is a very sound player. I'm not knocking him in any way, and I think he can play nickel CB for the Eagles. I just was surprised about his lack of explosiveness.