Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sat 15th vs Texans

Use this thread to talk about the pre-season game versus the Texans. Who really stood out? Who isn't living up to their billing? These boards have been kind of dead for a while so lets get the debates and conversations going back again! We're one of the strongest groups on these boards and it's time to prove it. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Matt Cassel has been very accurate so far. :)

Corey Mays has been getting involved in there too...of course Derrick Johnson is playing well.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Man, it's raining pretty hard! Obviously made the fumble Cassel just had...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

10-0 Texans up, with 1:17 left in the first half.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Dwayne Bowe had a nice diving mid air catch.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

13-3, Texans up at halftime. Nice boot by Succop in the rain! :)

Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bo not starting is a joke.... The coaching staff completely set Cassel up to fail he had nothing to work with what so ever no Bo,Bradley or Toomer....

I was pretty pleased with the D over all I know they gave up one long drive and there are some things to be worked out but for their first time out running the 3-4 it was solid.

I'm not going to lie I wasn't buying in to the media talk about Hali looking good at LB but I have to say he is playing very hard his effort was a pleasant surprise.

My boy Tyson Jackson getting a sack (with help) was also nice to see for a guy with only four practices under his belt.

Last edited by Splat : 08-16-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Yes I have to say that Tamba Hali was a pleasant surprise tonight. I didn't expect much out of him when I heard that we were going to 3-4 but he was fighting hard and getting into plays.

As for Cassel, yeah he didn't have the best around him...but I thought he was pretty good. On nfl.com it says, Cassel rusty as Chiefs lose. I disagree, I think that for the most part, he was very accurate where he was trying to throw most of the night. Dropping passes was a problem, which the rain obviously makes it all worse...but at the same time they kept talking about how players have been dropping passes all offseason.

Dwayne Bowe looked awesome out there again, and if it takes him getting "DEMOTED" for a week, then I am up for it if he will continue to play like that. I also thought that Croyle was for the most part accurate too.

It was nice to see Tyson Jackson get that sack/half a sack that is...I didn't see much out of Vrabel of what I seen.

Succop looked very good on kickoffs and his field goal I thought.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel was good. Two dropped passes hurt, and if those had been completed he would have been 4/5 instead of 2/5. Numbers aren't always accurate.

LJ was solid, showed some effort. Savage was a baller. Bowe was sick with multiple crazy catches. He will be with the first team next week, I have no doubt.

I like what I saw out of our defense. Tyson Jackson and Dorsey played well, Corey Mays got into a few good plays and my boy DJ was lights out. Flowers and Carr played well and I liked how Pollard and Page played. Overall I'd give the defense a B-. Gotta play the run a little better but QB pressure + 2 sacks? I'll take that.

Overall, for the team, it was solid. Wasn't great, wasn't horrible. Definitely improved from last year, but can someone explain to me what Croyle is doing #2 on the depth chart ahead of Thigpen? Thigpen is a straight baller. He could potentially be our wildcat QB if we decide to run that package.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think Croyle fits the mold of what TH looks for in a QB from every thing I have heard and read unless Croyle gets hurt he will be the #2 like it or not.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I just think Croyle fits the mold of what TH looks for in a QB from every thing I have heard and read unless Croyle gets hurt he will be the #2 like it or not.
Well, he'll get hurt sooner or later anyway, so I guess it's a moot point. :)

Old 08-16-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thigpen is so frustrating.he can look good on that td drive but the rest of the time he's making poor throws and decisions