Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-14-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Overall I thought the first team offense looked good tonight. Rosenfel looked much better then Jackson. Jackson got more playing time, but a lot of his throws were off target. Took a couple sacks, had that "deer in headlights" look on his face.

The first team O line looked good. Sullivan looked solid. Loadholt looked good for the most part. Had trouble with some of the smaller quicker DLs.

Defense looked great, EJ is back! Lotsa pressure on the QBs tonight.

I think we had great LB play tonight as well. Jasper Brinkly only had 2 tackles, but he was everywhere tonight, he impressed me.

I thought Albert Young looked good tonight running the ball.
I also thought Young looked good, but Ian Johnson looked just as impressive. That should be a great battle for the #3 RB spot.

Onto some of the other battles:
Sage definitely won this one night. We'll see how T-Jack looks with the ones next game.
Nickel CB still looks to be up in the air to me. Asher Allen looked good from what I saw(I did miss the end of the 3rd and first 5 minutes of the 4th). McCauley made a nice play breaking a pass up, and I didn't see Sapp get burnt.
Brinkley looked very good as did all of the LBs, and I think he pulled ahead of Herron.
Loadholt didn't look great as he got beat upfield by a Colts DE(not sure who) a couple times, and had a false start penalty. Cook was brutal though. Several penalties, and he got beat on a couple plays as well.
The starting D looked great. Manning never had a chance. The rest of the D looked good, except when we got torched by Brown on a couple long runs.

All in all a good night, but there are definitely some things that still need to be worked on.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't able to watch the game but from what I've seen in the box score, I feel pretty good after one preseason game.

I'm glad both Ian Johnson and Jasper Brinkley got in some good time and production.

Also, very happy to see that no sacks were given up by the offensive line and from the looks of it a very good night running the ball. I don't think we'll have a serious threat from opposing defensive front sevens until possibly Dallas, when they may not even play there starters that much.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rosenfels 4 MVP

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love what I saw from Vistanthe Shiancoe, looks even more likely now that he will pick up right where he left off at the end of last season.

Also as no surprise the first team defense is looking very good.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very impressive first game for the Vikings. Mr. Sullivan, I have been bagging on a lot recently, but I will be honest I was not disappointed in him his first game. He is still not going to physically dominate anyone, but is a lot more athletic than I remember him at Notre Dame, has a little nasty to him and actually pulled quite well on a few running plays. Then again not like Indy has the best DTs in the world either. But he looked solid and so did Loadholt, very good looking front and with those two big offensive tackles, they will be able to physically control the line of scrimmage at times.

Clearly Sage is better than Tarvaris, or at least played better, then again Tarvaris came in and did not get the same pass protection Sage did. But he was just way more accurate and calm in the pocket and that is the entire point. See what Tarvaris does next week.

Really liked Johnson returning punts, looked very smooth, quick guy and made a nice catch playing offense as well. Should be a fine 4th or 5th WR.

Again loved the running backs, Young looked better than I thought and I really liked what Ian Johnson did. Thing is we already have thick power guys, so getting Young would be odd because Johnson has a little more quickness and agility to his game. Really wish they got more reps for Antone Smith though, see what he does next week.

On defense, Asher Allen looked outstanding, very good little corner and is a lot more physically tough than he was at Georgia. He could always cover but I liked him tackling. Tyrell Johnson made one big time hit in the open field, he did not do that all of last season. Still want to see more of him in pass coverage however against actual receivers and not backups. Sanford looked like a man out there, I would be quite pissed if we cut him.

Karl Paymah is as well as cut, why keep him? I would take Allen and Sapp over him any day and McCauley made some ok plays on the ball in pass coverage, Paymah did very little. He is going to have to pick it up.

Brinkley looked outstanding, what a fine group of linebackers, Erin Henderson was a flat out beast at times as well, played a lot more like he did in college, attacking the ball carrier. Brinkley moves so well on the field, those two should easily make the team.

And heck, even Glenn Holt got into the action and made some good special teams plays and had a decent grab.

Overall very talented roster top to bottom, one of the best the Vikings have had in possibly a decade if you look at every single position.