Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 08-19-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question:

Is Antonio Cromartie entrenched as the #2 starter, or do ya'll think Antoine Cason will win the job?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Question:

Is Antonio Cromartie entrenched as the #2 starter, or do ya'll think Antoine Cason will win the job?
Right now Cromartie seems safe as the #2. He had a very nice interception of Kurt Warner at the goal line last night.

Some other thoughts -

The screen game looks great as usual. Should be the bread and butter play again for 2009.

First string defense looked fast and physical.

Vaughn Martin is raw as hell and doesn't have any moves, but he can hold the point of attack and looks like he can contribute on this level eventually. He is painfully slow, however.

Louis Vasquez got some time with the first string offense. I was surprised to see how quick he looked on a kickout block on one of LT's runs.

That kid CJ Spillman looked like a man possessed late in the game.

Charley Martin deserves a spot on the practice squad at least, there's no doubt in my mind about that.

I love how Applewhite is playing so far. Dobbins looks good too.

Gartrell Johnson dissapointed me on that last redzone series, but still looks decent.

Both fullbacks were solid.

The only negative I saw, and it's a huge, code red emergency problem, was how the OL got absolutely eviscerated by AZ's 1st string DL. I mean, that was absolutely embarrassing. And we're talking about the pro bowlers - Dielman and McNeill - who were whiffing in pass pro. Very, very, very bad news and needs to be fixed NOW.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
eldwin

article on Vaughn Martin: Tyson Jackson. Vaughn Martin. What's the difference? Over 50 million dollars.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think about Travis Johnson? I think he can fill in nicely for Olshansky
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Travis Johnson

We may find out Monday night with Cesaire's injury!!! Those vaunted Run stopping skills should get full display against the Raiders.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson started I guess, but Nwagboo (sp?) seemed to get most of the time and I saw a bit of Vaughn Martin sprinkled in there too. Nwagboo was the only one who got a sack tonight.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants just picked up Gartrell Johnson with the injury to Ware, just curious what you guys saw out of him in camp and PS.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers send Jamal Williams to IR
Old 09-21-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have hope for this season after watching how we played against the Ravens, competing. The O-line is going to be our a chillies heel this year again, and our run defense, nothing new.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I still have hope for this season after watching how we played against the Ravens, competing. The O-line is going to be our a chillies heel this year again, and our run defense, nothing new.

I feel pretty bad about things after the first two weeks. Right now the run game is non existant and the defense is borderline bad. The passing game is great... Except for the fact that the protection sucks. I don't see how the Chargers are any better than last year given the above. In fact, let's face it, as much as we all slept well this summer knowing Merriman would be back, the loss of Jamal is much more significant.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Demetrius Byrd looked? I loved him coming out...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byrd has been on IR following his accident and will have a shot to make the team next year.

In other news:

Chargers #1 in division. Rivers #1 in our hearts.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

group hi5 in reps

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

go skins..

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers wins Chargers MVP prize
Old 01-12-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We did you a solid last year. Now destroy the Jetz, plz.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are your own FAs this year? I wanna know if there is anyone left from the Phillips era that he would poke a chance at.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who are your own FAs this year? I wanna know if there is anyone left from the Phillips era that he would poke a chance at.
Charlie Whitehurst, RFA
Darren Sproles, RFA
WR Malcom Floyd, RFA
WR Vincent Jackson, RFA
C Eric Ghiaciuc, RFA
OT Jeromey Clary, RFA
OT Marcus McNeill, RFA
DT Travis Johnson, RFA
OLB Shawne Merriman, RFA
ILB Tim Dobbins, RFA
FB Mike Tolbert, ERFA

T Alfonso Boone, UFA
TE Brandon Manumaleuna, UFA
C Dennis Norman UFA
WR Kassim Osgood, UFA
DT Ian Scott, UFA
TE Kris Wilson, UFA
Old 01-16-2010, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

“Hopefully I won’t play in the playoffs,” said Volek, who nearly was intercepted five plays before the winning TD. “I want Philip to stay healthy, but if my number is called, I have to go out and execute the plays that are called...”
- Volek, yahoo sports recap

I laughed.

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Jets

Today's game will tell alot about if the NFL has changed its winning formula: will it be smash mouth and tough D or will Norv and the boys have enough answers to stay ahead of Sexy Rexy?
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is two playoff games I remeber Kaeding losing.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norv Turner is freaking horrendous...how do you give him a contract extension? Do SD fans actually like this clown? He's clueless.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Norv Turner is freaking horrendous...how do you give him a contract extension? Do SD fans actually like this clown? He's clueless.
I wouldn't say he is liked. Charger fans are either apathetic towards Norv or just plain hate him. I personally do not approve of the transformation from power football team to finesse on both sides of the ball. It would be easy to just blame Kaeding for Sunday, but the bottom like is San Diego was beaten by a more physical football team. That's why the Colts are seemingly the only team the Chargers can beat in the playoffs.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Norv, there are lots of reasons we lost the Jets game. Norv's record is unparalleled in Charger history and he's built up Rivers. As long as Rivers is around we'll never be dead in the water as far as the Super Bowl is concerned, so be content with Meltyface for a while.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote