Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 08-12-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Training Camp/Preseason Thread

So, we don't have one of these.... walah!

So, from what I've read here are some key notes so far in training camp

+ Captain Munnerlyn is turning heads, even going against Smith and playing physical with him, he is smaller, but has tenacity.

+ Mike Goodson seems to have almost completely won the third runningback spot already, people are raving about his speed and his stop and go ability.

+ Dwayne Jarrett is getting attention, and most of all respect. He is confident and doing his job, he is finally looking like a pro. He came in the league at the age of 20 and seems to have matured a lot. He will get his chance to shine with Smith out.

+ Moose looks as good as ever

+ Brown is also being talked about well, Gross was saying he could contribute right now, he has good leverage cause of his size.

+ An article said that Otah is looking great, even throwing out the term all pro.

There will be a tight race at corner,

Gamble
Marshall
Martin
Wilson
Munnerlyn
Wesley

Do you go with the young talent, or do you keep Wesley around for ST? Munnerlyn and Martin have both been good, and Wilson has been too.

Haven't heard much about Duke Robinson though..
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panthers' Smith makes surprise return to practice
Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I don't think it is a homer statement to say that Steve Smith is the toughest player in the NFL.

I still hope they limit him in the game, I want to see Jarrett get as many reps as possible.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

So Lets here the opinions on the game.

Jake didn't play that well, I felt like he missed at least three open receivers. Jarrett I felt didn't get a single good throw, but at least Jake was looking his way often which is more then before.

Deangelo was like we know he is, the line was alright in run and not that good in pass.

Goodson was very good even in his small gains he froze guys in place. Then he had those two runs

Connor and leman were good to see. I also liked Moore the receiver I see him being good for us. Everette Brown was decent showed promise, he was facing a very good line. I liked that he is clearly better than second string.

More on the game later I have to go
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
KML
Rookie

KML hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Priority number one right now should be trying to find a sufficient replacement for Maake at nose....his absence was obvious, and we don't have anyone on our roster capable of filling that void.

But on the bright side, I was impressed with Goodson (needs to work on ball security, though) and Leman as you mentioned. Marlon Favorite looked good as well....never understood why he didn't get drafted. Brown looked like a rookie....overwhelmed against the NYG starting OL (nothing to be ashamed of, they have the best OL in the League imo), but showed some flashes later. I'm not really concerned with our OL, we know they can play and work well together....OLs rarely look good this early. We'll be fine there.

My biggest concern is NT.....this needs immediate attention.
KML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KML View Post
Priority number one right now should be trying to find a sufficient replacement for Maake at nose....his absence was obvious, and we don't have anyone on our roster capable of filling that void.

But on the bright side, I was impressed with Goodson (needs to work on ball security, though) and Leman as you mentioned. Marlon Favorite looked good as well....never understood why he didn't get drafted. Brown looked like a rookie....overwhelmed against the NYG starting OL (nothing to be ashamed of, they have the best OL in the League imo), but showed some flashes later. I'm not really concerned with our OL, we know they can play and work well together....OLs rarely look good this early. We'll be fine there.

My biggest concern is NT.....this needs immediate attention.
I would agree with what you said. The first Goodson fumble was flukish, but he was whipping it around. The second made me a bit annoyed. He showed so much shiftiness even with short gains you could tell this guy has quicks like Smith.

I think that Anderson, Connor and Leman make three great backups, and Connor could see a lot of time soon.

Our defense was also in its first game with a new scheme, it is hard to tell the difference since I'm not that educated but it will take getting used to. I would expect a trade for a DT soon to fill the void, otherwise we won't have a chance not with so many good backs.

Also, it is easy to forget, but Captain Munnerlyn had a good game I think, cause his name was never called. I don't think anyone caught anything on him. He has a lot of camp buzz right now and could be the nickle.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the defense is going to be amazingly terrible this year

and hey look, deangelo isnt a fluke. cant believe people were still doubting him. from day one I knew he was special, cant believe it took til his 3rd season for the coaching staff to realize it. too bad he's going to be carrying the team on his shoulders this year

godfrey looked awful before he got injured. but this is no real surprise. he and marshall blew more assignments than they covered last season it seemed. they just flew under the radar while lucas was getting beat straight up and gathering all the heat

jeff otah was played at an all pro level last season. the only thing holding him back now is staying healthy
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
the defense is going to be amazingly terrible this year

and hey look, deangelo isnt a fluke. cant believe people were still doubting him. from day one I knew he was special, cant believe it took til his 3rd season for the coaching staff to realize it. too bad he's going to be carrying the team on his shoulders this year

godfrey looked awful before he got injured. but this is no real surprise. he and marshall blew more assignments than they covered last season it seemed. they just flew under the radar while lucas was getting beat straight up and gathering all the heat

jeff otah was played at an all pro level last season. the only thing holding him back now is staying healthy
Martin is moving to safety in practice for Godfrey, but Teal is working with the starters.

DeAngelo is so consistent, and then he makes those ridiculous plays.