Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
well, he was a DE in college, so it would seem like a semi-natural position move for him.

and, he's been quietly having a very solid training camp.

i'd have a hard time getting excited about him as our starting OLB. he's like the person on the team that everyone is supposed to love, but i just can't buy him as more than a good backup.
Completely agree. Poppinga will always give you high effort and he's a descent player but he's one of those guys who if you have a chance to upgrade you do it. When Poppinga was a rookie he was special teams stud too so once Thompson/Matthews take over he could play that role again.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
The bolded part brah.
I would have expected a professor to have good reading comprehension... ;)
I can read, I was just pointing out how your statement makes no sense.

Your defense isn't good enough to win games with Matt Flynn at quarterback, unless Matt Flynn is quarterback on week 1, there's no way you will show us anything.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wells is a little pissed.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/54826952.html
Old 08-25-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Understandably so. He laughed when asked if it was a fair competition. I wonder what that's about.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I can read, I was just pointing out how your statement makes no sense.

Your defense isn't good enough to win games with Matt Flynn at quarterback, unless Matt Flynn is quarterback on week 1, there's no way you will show us anything.
It makes sense, the statement was only in context of the bolded selection. I thought that was rather obvious.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
i'd have a hard time getting excited about him as our starting OLB. he's like the person on the team that everyone is supposed to love, but i just can't buy him as more than a good backup.
I like Poppinga a lot. He seems like a great person and I like reading his interviews. He's also someone that is good to have on the team. Always gives high effort and he seems to be somewhat of a leader. The problem is he doesn't have just quite enough talent. As a backup/special teamer he's great, but I don't want him to be a fulltime starter.
Quote:
I read that interview and obviously he's not happy, but I thought it was more of the reporter being a dick. He was trying to say the right things and not talk bad about any of the coaches or other players. The reporter kept trying to get him to say something and Wells was getting frustrated.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, what kind of stupid ******* question is,

Quote:
"Finish this sentence, "Scott Wells is no longer the starting center because..."

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of ocurse he's not happy, but watch well's locker room inerview on Packers.com. He isn't nearly as pissed at the writer makes him sound. He's smiling during much of it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I got from that article is that Greg Bedard is a giant douche.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It was a group asking those questions at his locker room, not just Bedard. Bedard comes off as a real nice guy. He even kept quiet about Nick Collins dad when he was dying when he knew that what was keeping him out of camp. Meanwhile other reporters said Nick was solely gone because of contract issues. Bedard is the best reporter that follows the Packers, followed by Tom P from GBPG.

they get smoked.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
It was a group asking those questions at his locker room, not just Bedard. Bedard comes off as a real nice guy. He even kept quiet about Nick Collins dad when he was dying when he knew that what was keeping him out of camp. Meanwhile other reporters said Nick was solely gone because of contract issues. Bedard is the best reporter that follows the Packers, followed by Tom P from GBPG.
Then I retract my statement, but goddamn that was a terrible article, and I hate people.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bishop is good. that is all.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post

That's pretty much it, right there. Bedard is your typical pot stirring writer who is always just out to try and make up some sort of story. Now, just to say this now, I'm not a twitter guy, but I did sign up for it and followed Packer news, etc just so I can get some more information a bit quicker. Anyway, Bedard tweeted on Barnett's first day of practice saying some BS crap like "Nick is looking a bit top heavy out there. Doesn't look like he can get much torque"

just a totally ridiculous comment
Old 08-27-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

The Green Bay Packers are concerned enough about their backup quarterback spot that they could get involved in trade talks with Tampa Bay, which is shopping quarterbacks Byron Leftwich, Luke McCown and Josh Johnson. A league source said the Packers are exploring backup quarterbacks around the league and another source said Green Bay has McCown as a possibility.

The Packers have been concerned about their backup quarterback situation for awhile and seriously considered acquiring Michael Vick, who signed with the Eagles, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Second-year players Matt Flynn and Brian Brohm are the Packers’ current backups, with Flynn serving as the No. 2 to starter Aaron Rodgers. Flynn is currently nursing a shoulder injury, and Brohm has done little to take advantage in Flynn’s absence.

The Buccaneers will deal Leftwich, McCown or Johnson — all their quarterbacks except first-rounder Josh Freeman — for the proper compensation, several sources said. A late-round draft pick and/or a player might be all they’re offered. Tampa Bay does not want to carry four quarterbacks on its final 53-man roster so teams could wait until final cuts to see if the Bucs release one of the three. However several teams — Chicago, Buffalo, New Orleans, New England and Jacksonville — could be in the market for backup quarterback help. Green bay already is.

– Steve Wyche

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

I think it all depends on how Flynn progresses. He won't play this week but if he can go next week I think we'll just have the phone nearby. McCown is owed something like $2.5 million this year which is just a huge amount for a backup QB, and for a backup QB will little game experience. Leftwich doesn't really fit our system and Josh Johnson is more of a project. If anything we're going to wait and see who gets cut.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it all depends on how Flynn progresses. He won't play this week but if he can go next week I think we'll just have the phone nearby. McCown is owed something like $2.5 million this year which is just a huge amount for a backup QB, and for a backup QB will little game experience. Leftwich doesn't really fit our system and Josh Johnson is more of a project. If anything we're going to wait and see who gets cut.
I think it's more about Flynn's health than his progession. I think Flynn would have to be out for a couple weeks for us to do anything.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think it's more about Flynn's health than his progession. I think Flynn would have to be out for a couple weeks for us to do anything.
Thats what I meant, how Flynn's injury progresses.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dunno. McCown is just a guy. He's not gonna win games for us if Rodgers goes down. And neither is Matt Flynn.

I still believe they need to have patience with Brian Brohm. he is the only one that has the potential to come in and do something more than dink and dunk his way to a losing record.

If Rodgers goes down in 2009, so does the season. doesn't matter if it's Flynn, McCown or Leftwich taking the snaps. but, i still believe that at some point, it'll click for Brian Brohm and we'll have a legit backup.

That, said, if he still plays like he's playing in 2010, ride him out of town on a rail.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Sooo... The defense has more takeaways than Rodgers has incompletions...

they get smoked.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I really REALLY wanna believe Rodgers is gonna be a BEAST this year and I wanna believe the Defense will put together a Top 5 effort. It goes without saying that the lot of us hope and wish for it.

But frankly, I'll settle for Rodgers standing pat and the D at least making it to the middle of the pack.

As far as a Veteran QB presence goes, the question is thus; we're pretty dang sure Brian Brohm cannot win games on his own, like every other available QB in the market, but can he avoid losing them in bunches?

And as an insane addition, I really want to see the uniforms Green Bay wore during the 1950's- the sucky-sucky years.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me too . . that would be cool

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
, I'll settle for Rodgers standing pat
You won't have to, he's going to go off this season.

Quote:
and the D at least making it to the middle of the pack.
I think the defense has a fair chance of being a top 10 unit.

they get smoked.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who has been wearing the helmet with the radio in it on defense with Barnett out? Will he wear it when he comes back?
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I'm almost positive Nick Collins has been wearing it with the first team. Not completely sure for second team, but I think that's Desmond Bishop.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmohr107 View Post
Who has been wearing the helmet with the radio in it on defense with Barnett out? Will he wear it when he comes back?
Hawk has been wearing it but its going to be Barnett when the season starts. Hawk has been coming out in the nickel package. Wouldn't suprise me to see Collins wear it either because he's in on every defensive down and Barnett's coming back from injury.