Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
eaglesalltheway, you're basically 100% correct about Desean. The only thing that was a fluke about last year was that he only got into the endzone like 3 times. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 2td's in game 1. Easily good for 10 td's next year. You simply cannot play him man-on-man. I don't think McNabb really realized how good or fast Desean was last year. Even at the end of the year, in the NFC championship game when Desean beat Cromartie, McNabb underthrew the ball. Fortunately, Desean bailed him out by coming up with the nice catch. Don't get me wrong, McNabb made a great read, but just a bit underthrown. Regarding going over the middle, obviously, anyone who actually watched the Eagles last year knows he's can run all of the routes and can effectively go over the middle. That's not even a topic up for debate, at least not a serious debate. What I don't think most realize is that Desean is MUCH smarter than people realize. After securing the ball, he's excellent at preparing for the hit. I'd bet an awful of money that's something he has practiced quite a bit (amonst many things I believe he has practiced). That's just one example of the many small things that Desean is very, very good at. As an Eagles fan, you probably know what I'm talking about. The idea that he's a naturally gifted athlete (or just relying on speed) is non-sense. Nobody, especially at his size, gets that good at all of those little things without lots and lots of practice.
There are some things here that I agree with, and about him knowing how to take a hit is one of them. For the most part, he is able to absorb hits well or plain avoid them, much like Marvin Harrison has done throughout his career. He could improve in some areas there, as he will get lit up every once in a while, but it is something he will get with age. It is also obvious his work ethic is very good, and I don't think he gets the credit he deserves easier. He needed to work on route running during the draft process, so he worked with Jerry Rice and now route running is a strength of his. He had problems beating the jam at times last season, he has greatly improved that. He finds his weaknesses and works on them, that is one of the many things I like about DeSean.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote