Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-14-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, definitely on the positive side of it, but thats because he felt we always reached for another position in the first round other then settling the WR spot.

Besides that, I want to get a new jersey but am not sure about who, CJ is obviously the face of our offense, but Bulluck is the face of the team. I'm also thinking about Kenny Britt cause I loved the pick when we made it, still do and he has local ties to NY.

Also, when is it time to get a new thread started for the new season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mmmmm....... Might hold off on the Bulluck until he re-signs. Unless you don't care about that type of thing.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Mmmmm....... Might hold off on the Bulluck until he re-signs. Unless you don't care about that type of thing.
I could never see Bulluck playing in another jersey, but I thought the same bout Steve McNair

Quote:
Old 08-15-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game day. Time for another win! :D :D :D
Old 08-20-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...players/2.html

Apparently KVB is our most indispensable player. I guess that's true if we don't have Chris Johnson, Michael Roos, Keith Bulluck, Cortland Finnegan, and Michael Griffin.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...players/2.html

Apparently KVB is our most indispensable player. I guess that's true if we don't have Chris Johnson, Michael Roos, Keith Bulluck, Cortland Finnegan, and Michael Griffin.
Ya gotta remember our Defense SUCKED before KVB got here. The leadership that he adds and energy he emits is something that can't be replaced. I think this is based on the outside perspective of, "Yeah, it'd suck if they lose Roos, but they have Mawae and Stewart on the OL so they still have great players there," and "Yeah, it'd suck to lose Chris Johnson, but they have LenDale White," kind of deal. If we lost KVB, there's no Pro Bowler or publically recognizable name along the DL to cushion the blow.

From a Titans fan's standpoint, it's gotta be CJ.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Ya gotta remember our Defense SUCKED before KVB got here. The leadership that he adds and energy he emits is something that can't be replaced. I think this is based on the outside perspective of, "Yeah, it'd suck if they lose Roos, but they have Mawae and Stewart on the OL so they still have great players there," and "Yeah, it'd suck to lose Chris Johnson, but they have LenDale White," kind of deal. If we lost KVB, there's no Pro Bowler or publically recognizable name along the DL to cushion the blow.

From a Titans fan's standpoint, it's gotta be CJ.
I would nominate Roos or Bulluck over KVB or CJ. Titans fans kinda know that KVB won't be out on the field for the entire season, and thats why we have good depth at DE. If we lose Roos, I mean its a down grade at center if we move Mawae, and Mawae won't be as good as Roos, so it would be a downgrade at tackle. More I think about it, the more I feel its Bulluck. He is the heart and soul of the defense, the captain of it, and if he is ever out there really is no one that we can fill in for him

Quote:
Old 08-21-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Davis was charged with a DUI. Expect a suspension...if he makes the team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I would nominate Roos or Bulluck over KVB or CJ. Titans fans kinda know that KVB won't be out on the field for the entire season, and thats why we have good depth at DE. If we lose Roos, I mean its a down grade at center if we move Mawae, and Mawae won't be as good as Roos, so it would be a downgrade at tackle. More I think about it, the more I feel its Bulluck. He is the heart and soul of the defense, the captain of it, and if he is ever out there really is no one that we can fill in for him
Mawae wouldn't move over to LT. He's good, but he ain't that good. ;) I'd think we'd put either David Stewart at LT and put Troy Kropog at RT, or vice-versa with Stewart staying at RT and putting Kropog at LT with Crumpler lined up next to him to help. That, or find a FA that could help.

I'd agree with Bulluck. This is the kind of debate that's good to have though. Shows how great some of our players are.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

WR Chris Davis has been released after his DUI arrest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Dominique Edison and Mark Jones are going to be fighting for that last spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Here's a .gif of Ben Troupe leaping Champ Bailey if anybody wants a motion Titans avy.

I know he's no longer on the team, but it's still a sweet clip.

Makes me excited to see Jared Cook do that to a few guys over the next few years!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Some of my slightly interesting pics from training camp from a couple of weeks ago.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeayuh!!!!!!! :D

Fisher says Young will be No. 2 QB

Congrats to VY! He's earned it this preseason.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Yeayuh!!!!!!! :D

Fisher says Young will be No. 2 QB

Congrats to VY! He's earned it this preseason.
Good stuff to hear, I mean it seems like he is bound to make one boneheaded play or two, but hopefully over time he can realize not to make the same mistake twice.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Titans are working out Matt Jones.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=4440936

According to Jones's agent, "This is moving quickly."

Not sure what to think... Perhaps Dinger sees another Drew Bennett?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Oh God. Just what we need. Another crackhead.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Matt Jones to be our #4 WR. He's never lived up to his 1st round billing, but he did look better last season for the Jags.

Plus, that would allow us to (hopefully) put both Edison & Guice on the practice squad.

A WR core of Gage, Washington, Britt, Jones, & Hawkins would be one of the best groups we've had in quite awhile...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edison is in front of Hawk on the depth chart by the way Jim Wyatt and the guys on 104.5 talk. I doubt they will risk letting Edison go on waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not opposed to bringing in matt jones, if he lives up to his potential, hello red zone...or he can be our #2 QB
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Edison is in front of Hawk on the depth chart by the way Jim Wyatt and the guys on 104.5 talk. I doubt they will risk letting Edison go on waivers.
Yup, apparently Edison has had a great camp and Hawk hasn't. Which really purplexes me, because after Paul Williams, I thought of Hawkins as the ST's coverage WR. I guess Edison will fill that role.

Oh well. As long as it's either Edison or Hawkins and not Mark Jones. He's seriously a return specialist? Carolina must have an unworldly ST's blocking unit.

And in all fairness to Matt Jones, he had a great year last year and seems to be fully sober now.

Also, RB Rafael Little, WR Dudley Guice, C Matt Lehr, and LB Tyson Smith were waived on Sep. 1st.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-03-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

More Titans cuts:

CB DaMarcus Faggins
WR Mark Jones
WR Paul Williams
HB Casey Cramer

LB Rocky Boiman
LB Josh Stamer
S Tuff Harris
S Nick Schommer
OL Jason Murphy
OL Fernando Velasco
WR Phillip Morris

Bolded the players of note. Faggins was cut while rookies Jason McCourty and Tanard Davis are still there. Injury and horrible game against Cleveland pretty much sealed the deal for Jones. Williams was something everyone saw coming, along with Stamer. Stamer did make the roster last season, but the writing was on the wall after Gerald McRath took the field. Cramer could get called up midseason, and look for Velasco to sign on the PS.

Link.

EDIT: DT Mitch King has also been cut.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-04-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Who knew Nick Schommer would get cut? haha
Oh wait I did, as soon as we picked his ass. :(
Old 09-05-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TITANS OFFICIAL 53-MAN ROSTER:
(projected starters in bold)

OFFENSE:
QB Kerry Collins
QB Vince Young
QB Patrick Ramsey
RB Chris Johnson
RB Lendale White
RB Javon Ringer
RB Chris Henry
FB Ahmard Hall
WR Justin Gage
WR Nate Washington

WR Kenny Britt
WR Dominique Edison
WR Lavelle Hawkins
TE Bo Scaife
TE Alge Crumpler
TE Jared Cook
TE Craig Stevens
OL Michael Roos
OL David Stewart
OL Jake Scott
OL Eugene Amano
OL Kevin Mawae

OL Leroy Harris
OL Troy Kropog
OL Mike Otto

DEFENSE:
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
DE Javon Kearse

DE Jacob Ford
DE Dave Ball
DE William Hayes
DT Tony Brown
DT Jason Jones

DT Jovan Haye
DT Kevin Vickerson
DT Sen'Derrick Marks
LB Keith Bulluck
LB David Thornton
LB Stephen Tulloch

LB Gerald McRath
LB Stanford Keglar
LB Colin Allred
CB Cortland Finnegan
CB Nick Harper

CB Jason McCourty
CB Ryan Mouton
CB Cary Williams
S Michael Griffin
S Chris Hope

S Vincent Fuller (NCB)
S Donnie Nickey

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K Rob Bironas
P Craig Hentrich
LS Ken Amato (LB)
Old 09-05-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Did we seriously cut Quinton Ganther for Chris Henry?........
Old 09-05-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Depending on who gets cut by other teams, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans try to add a veteran WR, LB, and/or CB. We never really had any experienced depth at WR, and after cutting Fowler & Faggins, we don't really have any backup experience at LB or CB either.