Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Preseason Game 3: vs 49ers

I always love playing the 49ers. Reminds me of the good ole days when we used to battle each other in classic rivalry games.

Anxious to see more youngin's continue to show their stuff. Recently Doug Free, Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Spencer, Sam Hurd, and Stephen Bowen have showed signs that maybe they've turned the corner. I wanna see them display that some more.

Wanna make sure our 1st team O and D look good. This is probably their last serious tune up before the season. The last preseason game is hardly ever used to play starters in fear of injury.

I wanna see if we can stop Glenn Coffee, who looked like a force last week. San Fran's passing attack is weak so I want to see the best performance yet from our secondary in all units.

Would be nice if Jason Williams wreaked more havoc. He's a fun guy to watch.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I always love playing the 49ers. Reminds me of the good ole days when we used to battle each other in classic rivalry games.

Anxious to see more youngin's continue to show their stuff. Recently Doug Free, Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Spencer, Sam Hurd, and Stephen Bowen have showed signs that maybe they've turned the corner. I wanna see them display that some more.

Wanna make sure our 1st team O and D look good. This is probably their last serious tune up before the season. The last preseason game is hardly ever used to play starters in fear of injury.

I wanna see if we can stop Glenn Coffee, who looked like a force last week. San Fran's passing attack is weak so I want to see the best performance yet from our secondary in all units.

Would be nice if Jason Williams wreaked more havoc. He's a fun guy to watch.
Ditto, these games always remind me of the classics we used to play.

Anyways, some niner updates. QB Shaun Hill will get the start. Alex Smith lost the competition and has sprained his thumb so he won't be playing tonight.

Our starting RT Adam Snyder is out, and our backup RT Marvel Smith retired yesterday. Which means our 3rd string RT is in..Barry Sims. UDFA Alex Boone will probably get some reps too. Whoever is matched up on the RT should have a field day. Our starting LG David Baas is also out; Tony Wragge will take his place as he has done the last 2 games.

Our starting WR Isaac Bruce will likely play a series or two. Brandon Jones is out with injury and Crabtree is yet to be signed. Bruce at FL and Josh Morgan at SE will likely start, and after Bruce it'll probably be Morgan and Arnaz Battle at FL.

I'm not sure how much Coffee is going to play. I think Gore will get a series or two and leave way for Coffee who should play the rest of the 1st half after that. We'll probably run the ball a ton. We lead the league in preseason carries and are last in pass attempts. We might try to pass more to get a feel for the passing game but i think we'll continue to grind the rock.

On defense, Patrick Willis returns after missing the first 2 games. Michael Lewis also will return. I think our defense will be fully healthy this game so I'm excited to see how they do against Romo and that 3 headed beast at RB.

Here's to a good game and no injuries on either side!
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Sammy is good to go. This is a good oportunity for Sam and Miles, among others.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I read on BTB that thed Niners are looking to really bring pressure on Tony Romo, so I'm interested in seeing two things:

1) How well the O-line handles this, and
2) Does Tony Romo continue making smart decisions and protect the football as he has the first two games, or does he get careless when he's under pressure?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurd is out tonight with Williams and Spears will play off the bench because, he is nursing an injury as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ogletree making the play. Woot Woot! We finally get a 1st down on the opening drive.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's Og's chances at making the roster as the 5th WR? I always loved him and hated that he never really got a chance to further his career at UVA because of injuries and personal matters.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
What's Og's chances at making the roster as the 5th WR? I always loved him and hated that he never really got a chance to further his career at UVA because of injuries and personal matters.
I'd def. say he's locked in now. He's outplayed Stanback.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

bleh Bennett has two drops.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't watched alot of the game, but from what I saw Spencer looks pretty active and getting some nice penetration. Was it just that one possession or has he been at it all night?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

My feed sucked until the 3rd quarter but, I was still able to pick up some things...

Spencer has been pretty good all game. He probably leads the team in tackles today or close to it. The first team defense as a whole was fantastic.

Bradie James was everywhere, he was right in there on Ratliff's sack right along with him.

Ratliff was very disruptive, looking as quick as ever.

Brooking looked real solid today.

Scandrick and Jenkins both played great against the niners' starters. Jenkins has made some great stops but, he bounced off one of the Niners' TEs in the 3rd quarter, giving up a big gain. Scandrick has still out played him this preseason, though.

The offense was up and down. To be expected without Roy in there. Pass protection was fantastic again, though.

Marion was real solid and the blocking out of the TEs and receivers, Miles Austin in particular, was very good. Felix looked great as usual, had a TD.

Miles and Ogletree were pretty decent. Some good, some bad. Miles had a questionable drop. May not have even been ruled a drop but, he did get his hands on it. And on another play he ran an atrocious double move, falling all over himself and that almost resulted in an INT. But he settled in soon after those mishaps. Made a great sliding catch in the middle of the field...Romo had the ball for about 12 seconds. haha. And Miles looked great on a WR screen, made some things happen for a first down. Ogletree ran some great routes throughout but, he's not exactly on the same page with Tony and may not fully know the playbook. He looked confused a couple of times and a couple of passes thrown his way he was out of position.

Bennett dropped two passes but is supposedly sick.

Tony had a few questionable passes but he wasnt too bad, considering the situation. Cant judge him too harshly when he's missing two of his receivers.

A boring game for the most part. The starting defense's performance was very, very encouraging, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-29-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Jason Williams was injured when a lineman fell on the back of his legs, I believe. Rookies are dropping like flies.

Mike Hamlin just went down. :(

Dont know the severity of these injuries.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

X-Rays negative for Jason Williams.

Mike Hamlin broke his wrist. He'll be gone give or take 6 weeks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-30-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't had a chance to watch. Have it on DVR so probably in a bit.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Olshansky play?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Olshansky is there...that the type of player he is. haha. He stops the run and is then pretty much unnoticed. That's the life of a lot of 3-4 ends, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-30-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Olshansky is there...that the type of player he is. haha. He stops the run and is then pretty much unnoticed. That's the life of a lot of 3-4 ends, though.
And that's probably what we needed ;)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was disappointed in our run defense up front. SF was getting 5 yards on every first down. I didn't like seeing that much.

Ware still hasn't made a single "wow" play this preseason. Don't know why, but it has me a little concerned.

Spencer was all over, very very nice to see him put in an effort like that.

Bobby was solid again, starting to feel more and more comfortable with the idea of him being a genuine player in the NFL.

Loved the two plays where Jenkins came up in run support. He looked like a safety making those tackles.

Our backups still suck. Hard.

Tony looked good, as usual, but that INT was disturbing. No reason to throw that ball, and that has been the type of play that has hurt us in the past. When is he going to stop making those?

Stanback just sealed his fate. He's gone. What a waste of a high 4th rounder.

Conversely, Ogletree is almost a shoe in at this point. Like the kid a lot.

Color me concerned about the distribution of carries between Barber and Jones. It should be close to 50-50, maybe 55-45 in favor of Barber, but at this point it looks like they view it as Barber being the clear #1 and Jones being a change of pace back. If this team doesn't utilize Felix properly this year, they will not make the playoffs. Its that big a deal.

Phillips is still a tool.

Newman looks as great as ever. Looking forward to a huge season from him.

Miles doesn't look like he has consistent enough hands to ever be more than a 3rd wheel. Too bad, cause he looks like an athletic beast out there running his routes and running with the ball when he does catch it.

Is Ratliff the best penetrating interior lineman in the league? If he's not, he's pretty damn close.

Butler continues to look good out there. I think he makes a few big plays this season.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote