Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 08-16-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 09 preseason thread

What did you guys think of the games? Post thoughts here.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night I was impressed with Okam. I know the Chiefs don't have the best line, but still. Our D looked more aggresive and man I hope that carries into the regular season. James Casey made a great one handed catch. I don't like the fact that Grossman got hurt so quickly, man, he needs to step his game up if he wants to make the team. Man, Brown looked good, I hope he stays healthy. I'm so happy football's finally back. I can't wait till next Sat. against the Saints. Go TEXANS!!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Okam looked good, also.

And I have always thought Chris Brown was good. To me, he is like Fred Taylor. When he is healthy, he is one hell of a talent. But he is never healthy...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think i have ever seen a defense look that bad... I sure hope that is not a sign of things to come. Although it was nice to see Mario and Barwin get sacks. Barwin looks good so far. I was really looking forward to see what Okam could do in the starting lineup, not good at all.

Schaub and the recievers looked good again. Slaton played better. Brown played worse.

I hope Frank Bush can fix the D soon or AP will have over 100 in the first quarter next week.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Yeah, Okam and Brown disappointed me this week. I dunno what happened to the team, but they came out flat as paper. Okam, the knock on him is his motor and consistency. This game he showed that's still a knock, he's supposed to be one of our strongest players, but he got bullied on Sat. No penetration, no disruption. Matter of fact a couple of plays he was pushed into Okoye. Man, I felt sick watching that. Brown, also, it's like what happened to his vision, he just didn't look ready. I liked Moats and I don't think Fosters gotten carries yet. I didn't like the punt return for a TD, but that can be chalked up to preseason, so our scores at the half were decent, but the performance of the Defense was atrocious and it all started at the DT position. Nothing against Okam, but they should have been rotating Cody and Robinson in there as well so they could show what they got against the NO's first stringers. Maybe they wanted a real good look at 97, but still. Hopefully they get their act 2gether for the Minnesota game. Yeah, it's still pre-season, but if we get embarrassed on national TV by # 4 and the Vikes. I'm gonna be really upset.

Well, the good news is some guys should be coming back in the following games. Pitts should be back for Minn. and Moulden is starting to practice. Hopefully we'll be 100% healthy for the season opener. (knock on wood.)
Old 08-25-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not to worried about #4, im very worried about #28 running all over us. If we cant show that we can stop the run again then teams are going to game plan to run all over this year.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
im not to worried about #4, im very worried about #28 running all over us. If we cant show that we can stop the run again then teams are going to game plan to run all over this year.
I'm not worried bout' All Day, cuz' that's expected. Having a 40 yr. old out of shape QB who just started playing again a few weeks ago having success against us..... yeah, that's what I would hate to see.

I think we'll be better against the run. They should be rotating guys in and after last weeks embarrassment, they gotta step up. I hope.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

After seeing the 45-7 score the Saints put on the Raiders, I don't feel quite so bad.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Not really sure how i feel after watching this game. The D looked much better after the 75 yard TD run, but still missing way to many tackles. But the offense took a step back tonight. And once again Schaub got hurt.

I know its only preseason, and we have some guys who still havent played yet(Cushing, Dunta), but what I have seen the last 3 weeks doesnt look like a playoff team.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I was at the game last night and almost as soon as I sat down I wanted to leave. One play man, the VERY FIRST PLAY, AP gashed us for 75 freaking yards. I felt soooooo bad. Anywho I didn't leave. I think our D improved from last week, but I don't like the fact that our guys aren't wrapping up that much. I know it's pre-season, but fundamentals should always be practiced. Schaub is an idiot, yes I said it, he missed a bunch of open receivers and when he got himself hurt A. Johnson was wide open in the endzone. Our back-up did a better job finding the receivers, but he just lacks accuracy. Overall, we didn't do to bad, but we should have done a lot better.

I hope Favre gets fined. That hit made me sick. Why the hell are they trying the wildcat anyways. Freaking AP is a beast and you just paid the man (Favre) 12 mil. you really think its smart putting him out there. I know it's a copy cat league, but, really, that was stupid.

Yeah, agreed, we don't look like a playoff team, they gotta step up during the regular season.

I don't think Adibi deserves the starting job, I'd rather see Bentley backing up Demeco and Cushing and Diles at the WILL. Adibi was responsible for both huge runs on us this pre-season.