Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-02-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Computer Help

So my computer of 10 years decided it was time to end its life yesterday. It was really a sad event for me, I'm slowly recovering.

With that said, I'm not obviously in the market for a computer (DESKTOP, I have the audio/monitor from my last one so I just need a CPU really) and don't have much time to research (given, well, I don't have a computer). So I seek your help.

My last computer had like 300ish MB of RAM and was adequate (a little slow but tolerable) so clearly my standards aren't big. I would just like something with at least 512 MB of RAM (would be nice if it had room to upgrade RAM later) that will be RELIABLE.

I use the computer to

-Play Poker
-Watch Naked Lady Videos
-Watch Streaming Sports
-Download Music
-Go on random Car/Sports message boards

I don't play any games, I just want something relatively cheap but it must be something that's pretty reliable. I'm good at keeping up computers, never had a virus with my last one (it was a Gateway).

Much thanks in advance. I shall return later to read all of your glorious advice.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.apple.com/macmini/
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more of a PC guy but thanks I will consider. I was looking at these Dells but haven't had enough time to sift through it all.

http://www.dell.com/home/desktops#su...09 ~0~1135283
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...804&CatId=2629

Get windows 7 for free and you can also hook your PC up to the TV with HDMI and watch naked ladies on the big screen :)

or something like this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...154&CatId=2630

Last edited by crites09 : 09-02-2009 at 01:31 PM.
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever you get, make sure you get surround sound to maximize your naked lady viewing experience and make your neighbors fear you....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Even if you dont game, you could get a nice set up here, look through the AMD processor set ups and get a basic non-neon case to save a little $$$. Plus each of these set ups have good video cards. That make your naked ladies look nice. :-)

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I use the computer to

-Play Poker
-Watch Naked Lady Videos
-Watch Streaming Sports
-Download Music

I don't play any games, I just want something relatively cheap but it must be something that's pretty reliable. I'm good at keeping up computers, never had a virus with my last one (it was a Gateway).

Much thanks in advance. I shall return later to read all of your glorious advice.
Just get the cheapest Dell or HP. That's all you need (if that).
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
So my computer of 10 years decided it was time to end its life yesterday. It was really a sad event for me, I'm slowly recovering.

With that said, I'm not obviously in the market for a computer (DESKTOP, I have the audio/monitor from my last one so I just need a CPU really) and don't have much time to research (given, well, I don't have a computer). So I seek your help.

My last computer had like 300ish MB of RAM and was adequate (a little slow but tolerable) so clearly my standards aren't big. I would just like something with at least 512 MB of RAM (would be nice if it had room to upgrade RAM later) that will be RELIABLE.

I use the computer to

-Play Poker
-Watch Naked Lady Videos
-Watch Streaming Sports
-Download Music

Any recent PC should be more then able to complete those tasks easily. Most desktops come with at least 2gb of ram now a days anyways, haven't seen any 512mb machines for quite some time. So yeah just drop by your closest Best Buy or Frys, and most if not all of those machines should be fine for you.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you go to a retail store you are more than likely going to pay more than you want. IF you are looking for something with that low of standards than there is no reason to have to spend an arm and a leg. Your easily going to spend 1000 bucks if you walk in to Best Buy. I would suggest going on Newegg or Tigerdirect and look at prebuilt computer there. They are not going to all be Dell, HP and Gateway computer. Some of them are built by reliable part manufacturers like Asus. For the most part nothing in a Dell computer is actually built by Dell. They are all provided by part manufacturers like Asus, ASRock, Nvidia, Radeon, AMD, Intel, Biostar, etc. etc. Basically in this scenario if you buy a computer with the Asus brand or Biostar brand, etc...you are buying the same computer essentially just without the name brand of Dell or Gateway attached to it.

Here is a link to check out on computers

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...me=Desktop-PCs

Also check out the Netbook market. You can get a cheap Netbook or Laptop now that will do everything you are looking for, for almost nothing.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You might overexaggeting a bit, becuase there are plenty of machines in the $350-$500 range at both BB and Frys. The ones around me at least.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You might overexaggeting a bit, becuase there are plenty of machines in the $350-$500 range at both BB and Frys. The ones around me at least.
I am more so commenting on the fact that they will try to get you out the door with something more expensive than you need.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
*retching*
seriously.

reliable is kinda a misnomer these days.. a computer lasting 10 years is WELL outside it's normal lifespan. it's like watching a dog live to 40.

http://www.emachines.com/products/pr...od=EL1300G-02w

pick that one. 400 bucks.
for your money, better than any other thing you can get out there.

if you go to costco, you can get this for... 400 also...
http://www.emachines.com/products/pr...prod=ET1300-02

they're really not that bad... the costco version is about 25% better in every way than the walmart one...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just be careful about being cheap on the RAM as more and more of those lovely lady videos you like are being released solely in HD which you need a bit of spare RAM to run.

Quote:
reliable is kinda a misnomer these days.. a computer lasting 10 years is WELL outside it's normal lifespan. it's like watching a dog live to 40.
Rubbish, maybe if you buy cheap pre-made crap, but my last 4 PCs are all still running and the newest one is now 5 years old or will be in about a week. 2nd newest is 9 years and running fine, in fact have never had a single problem with it, touch wood. Oh I forgot the HTPC, that one is only 3 years old.

If you build them yourself and use quality parts they will last forever or at least until a violent storm strikes(had to replace a PSU on my current one).

The above computers look fine for your needs, you might want to check that their is a spare slot inside the case for another HD though depending on how you go about obtaining your lady videos as 160gb is not much these days, though I guess expensive, slow externals are always an option ;)

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
The above computers look fine for your needs, you might want to check that their is a spare slot inside the case for another HD though depending on how you go about obtaining your lady videos as 160gb is not much these days, though I guess expensive, slow externals are always an option ;)
You can always just stream it now a days and save the room.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
'slow externals'. seriously.

sure, if you wanna watch bluerays from your external, sure, you'll be in a little bit of a bind if you're using usb 2.0, but for the most part, you can do DVD quality just fine with the effective 60 mbps that you get out of a usb as opposed to the 300 you're getting from spending the extra 100 dollars on eSata... sure, if you're working in a business speed environment, and need fast access, sure, but for the occasional noodies... you don't need eSata... you don't need firewire (although, it is nice) and general document storage... besides, once you download a video or rip one, convert it to divx or xvid or what have you for computer viewing... you shouldn't have much of a problem... when you fill up your box... go to best buy and spend the extra 80 bucks and by an external.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1852710 84002

like so.

it also teaches the importance of backing up your computers onto multiple hard drives (especially if you don't run a server at your own home... which i can tell you 95% of the world does not) which prevents catastrophic data loss.

if were looking for 'content' not 'performance' you have to understand that getting the best/better isn't always worth the tradeoff... palmer->cj had a computer for 10 years... obviously performance isn't the most important part.

edit: i can do all of the task listed above on my eeePc... provided i have a server at my home and it makes it EXTRAORDINARLY EASY... but, you could as easily substitute a external in this case... but that's just me, i have small fingers.

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 09-03-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
edit: i can do all of the task listed above on my eeePc... provided i have a server at my home and it makes it EXTRAORDINARLY EASY... but, you could as easily substitute a external in this case... but that's just me, i have small fingers.
It's like I told fenikz or scotty in their laptop threads, just get a netbook and a giant external, and you'll be good. Possibly a laptop cooling pad if you are on it extensively

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
'slow externals'. seriously.

sure, if you wanna watch bluerays from your external, sure, you'll be in a little bit of a bind if you're using usb 2.0, but for the most part, you can do DVD quality just fine with the effective 60 mbps that you get out of a usb as opposed to the 300 you're getting from spending the extra 100 dollars on eSata... sure, if you're working in a business speed environment, and need fast access, sure, but for the occasional noodies... you don't need eSata... you don't need firewire (although, it is nice) and general document storage... besides, once you download a video or rip one, convert it to divx or xvid or what have you for computer viewing... you shouldn't have much of a problem... when you fill up your box... go to best buy and spend the extra 80 bucks and by an external.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1852710 84002

like so.

it also teaches the importance of backing up your computers onto multiple hard drives (especially if you don't run a server at your own home... which i can tell you 95% of the world does not) which prevents catastrophic data loss.

if were looking for 'content' not 'performance' you have to understand that getting the best/better isn't always worth the tradeoff... palmer->cj had a computer for 10 years... obviously performance isn't the most important part.

Your not really going to have to pay 100 bucks more for eSATA. Buy an external enclosure and buy a hard drive. You get get an eSATA Enclosure that will also do USB or Firewire for 20 bucks then buy a 1T Hard Drive for 80 bucks and there is a hundred dollar Hardrive equipped to hold 1 Terabyte of all your storage needs.

You can do the same thing with a 500 gig and it will cost you $70. The one that AQ posted isnt bad. YOu won't have to deal with the process of taking the hardrive and putting it into the enclosure. But if you are going to want the eSATA then build it yourself. Because really, its pretty simple. I also can not stress enough that everyone should have an external Harddrive to back-up their information. Hardrives go out all the time and you need to make sure you have your PRON collection backed up at all times!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo.. I'm home from school for a few days and my little sister spilled juice on my laptop. Half the keys work, half don't. Everything I've read says take it apart or buy a keyboard to plug in and use because otherwise I'm effed.

Any help advice?

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and are you actually going to suggest that you haven't upgraded a single part on your older boxes? that seems extraordinarily unlikely.
New PSU in the current case 2 months ago, fried in a storm. PC prior to this is 8 and a half, literally the only reason I have opened it was to add HDDs and a DVD burner.

Case prior to that had a CD drive die but it had two anyway and that one is 11 years old now.

Quote:
which i can tell you 95% of the world does not) which prevents catastrophic data loss.
I'd be shocked if it is even that many that have servers :)

Also, I am what you would call a movie snub, if it isn't in HD I cant watch it anymore, 720p is the minimum, 1080p is the preferred, so I actually notice things like the speed on USB2 Externals. That said, my computer experience is at the other end of usage to what the OP requested just thought the computers die in a couple of years thing presented a poor view as I can honestly say I have never had a PC die, nevermind within 3 years, but that is probably the perks of using premium parts and building yourself, not to mention how much you save.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Your not really going to have to pay 100 bucks more for eSATA. Buy an external enclosure and buy a hard drive. You get get an eSATA Enclosure that will also do USB or Firewire for 20 bucks then buy a 1T Hard Drive for 80 bucks and there is a hundred dollar Hardrive equipped to hold 1 Terabyte of all your storage needs.
to start, you have to buy an eSATA card on most comptuers below 1k dollars...

so. tack another 40 bucks onto that tag... and if you're not good with computers, getting someone to install it....

Quote:
You can do the same thing with a 500 gig and it will cost you $70. The one that AQ posted isnt bad. YOu won't have to deal with the process of taking the hardrive and putting it into the enclosure. But if you are going to want the eSATA then build it yourself. Because really, its pretty simple. I also can not stress enough that everyone should have an external Harddrive to back-up their information. Hardrives go out all the time and you need to make sure you have your PRON collection backed up at all times!
oh yeah. it's pretty easy... but, we're going for turnkey solutions, not 'build your own'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i don't buy the netbook stuff unless someone actually needs it to be portable. you can pay the same or far less for a good desktop solution. especially given that he mentioned wanting a desktop, since he already has the periphs.
indeed... and desktops advantage is increasing power at the cost of portability... the man doesn't need a netbook, but i'm sure others would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wog
Computers don't die
in the mid 90s my power supplies had a mean time before failure of around 2-3 years... now they're up to 5-7... the problem with the grid in chicago, is that the voltage is HIGHLY inconsistant tends to weaken the buffering structure of the power supplies... (obviously don't undervalue a good power conditioner) and when the buffering starts to lose capacity, you end up burning ****... leading to total failure... i for one, leave my desktops on in some form 95-98% of the time... my laptops much less so... but, in reality the MTBFs on these things are always overrated by 10-20% in my experience depending on how much power a computer draws... i've had a few power supplies last me 6-9 years... but not many... the ones i do have that are still good, i recycle and use them as backup power supplies...

Old 09-03-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't buy the netbook stuff unless someone actually needs it to be portable. you can pay the same or far less for a good desktop solution. especially given that he mentioned wanting a desktop, since he already has the periphs.
Well, for the two I mentioned, they are college guys, so a netbook allows them to use it in class. I know you can do the same with a laptop, but from my experience, those "desks" have barely enough room to fit an 8x11 sheet of paper. So, a smaller netbook would be better for that... not to mention it weighs even less, and with a solid state drive, you dont have to worry about the HDD disk. Oh, and I didn't see that he was replacing a desktop, my mistake.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote