Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-02-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you know whats good for you.. You'll use Frank Gore when there's 3 days left. If you know whats good for you.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
I'm so jacked for the game. I'll be there Monday night...but I don't like the idea of the Labor Day game. It needs to be a mid-season game like it traditionally has been.
I'll be there Monday as well.

I've long felt good about our matchup with FSU tho. I just don't feel they are as good a team as they were last year. The lost their top 3 tacklers, the best pass rusher, and the entire secondary save for Patrick Robinson.

They have huge ? at WR and who knows if Jermaine Thomas will be able to run inside consistently. He's a good off tackle back and can get yards in bunches but he always struck me as the type that could wear down easy and could struggle to pick up 3rd and shorts.

I just really like the matchup with them. Whipple you'd assume would keep them guessing seeing as no one has any info on him at all being his 1st game so thats a huge plus, and our defense while brand new, doesn't exactly have tons to worry about because they don't have much of a passing attack.

I see this game as plain and simple, We are gonna score some points, they are gonna score some points, it'll be close to the end as usual. Key to the the game, Miami needs to stop the run. If we are able to stack the box and stuff Thomas and Ponder, game over. If not, FSU could take it.

I feel much better about our chances tho with the game being so early (OL wont be 100% in sync) and our DL is much better and deeper then a year ago.

But I feel we have much more going for us into this game then FSU doesand I feel we are a much better team then we are generally given credit for while FSU has been pretty overrated based off last year. I don't think they got better from the past year. Too many questions need to be answered.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami are my team 1c so hoping for good things this year. Cant wait for the season to kick off. Preseason just isn't the same as real football...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(I thought about Steve Walsh but who am I to deny D-Hest)

Last edited by TACKLE : 09-03-2009 at 05:45 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the match up as well and I've got a lot of ******* money riding on it too...hope I am not gambling with my biased heart. But yea...think we win outright.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Has anybody noticed how light in the ass FSU's OL & DL are ? They do not have a single 300 pounder. Miami SHOULD be able to get a push. I also can't wait to see Olivier Vernon & Ray Ray Armstrong.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:26 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Has anybody noticed how light in the ass FSU's OL & DL are ? They do not have a single 300 pounder. Miami SHOULD be able to get a push. I also can't wait to see Olivier Vernon & Ray Ray Armstrong.
Allen Bailey is going to have a field day.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:35 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think it's going to be 21-17 one way or the other.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just because our offensive line doesn't have a single 300 pounder doesn't mean they can't block.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Just because our offensive line doesn't have a single 300 pounder doesn't mean they can't block.
Alot of OL struggle to block Allen Bailey. 300 pounds or not.

FSU has a good OL, but I do think it has been pretty overrated by most places simply because of Trickett. Hudson is an animal, by far the best on that OL Datko I think will have a career similar to our own Jason Fox. The rest of it isn't anything special. RT Zerbie Sanders did a good job last year all things considered but he was really forced into that job, he didn't really even have to battle for it. If FSU has a couple injuries on the OL, they are in trouble. They way the FSU line is talked about, you'd think they were last year's OU line.

As far as Miami, it's a good matchup for us seeing as our strength is the front 7. I'd rather have our stout DL have to worry about their OL then our weak DBs worry about a good WR corps.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
You'll see lots of Vernon. Ray Ray not so much. There's a good chance he redshirts this year from what I heard.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Yeah Vernon was mad underrated in the recruiting process. I felt he & Lamar Miller were the best players in Dade County. And I highly doubt Armstrong gets red-shirted, especially since we don't have a single proven safety back there. He will be on the field vs. FSU, might not start but will get PT.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah Vernon was mad underrated in the recruiting process. I felt he & Lamar Miller were the best players in Dade County. And I highly doubt Armstrong gets red-shirted, especially since we don't have a single proven safety back there. He will be on the field vs. FSU, might not start but will get PT.
Ray Ray is probably redshirting (like I said earlier)

He isn't listed on the 2 deep at S and still has Ryan Hill ahead of him as well as Chavez Grant who has played some safety in certain packages.

Ray Ray will get a redshirt. Mark it down.

Randy already said he only expects about 6 true freshmen to get any sort of PT and that most are EE guys. You can pretty much mark down that Brandon Washington, Jermaine Johnson, Olivier Vernon, Mike James, and Brandon McGee are guaranteed 5 of those spots. Lamar Miller will probably be the 6th guy.

I'll be shocked if Ray Ray even travels with the team to FSU.

I was in your bot about him seeing plenty of PT, but I've heard from a good source that there's a strong chance he gets a redshirt this year.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Ray Ray is probably redshirting (like I said earlier)

He isn't listed on the 2 deep at S and still has Ryan Hill ahead of him as well as Chavez Grant who has played some safety in certain packages.

Ray Ray will get a redshirt. Mark it down.

Randy already said he only expects about 6 true freshmen to get any sort of PT and that most are EE guys. You can pretty much mark down that Brandon Washington, Jermaine Johnson, Olivier Vernon, Mike James, and Brandon McGee are guaranteed 5 of those spots. Lamar Miller will probably be the 6th guy.

I'll be shocked if Ray Ray even travels with the team to FSU.

I was in your bot about him seeing plenty of PT, but I've heard from a good source that there's a strong chance he gets a redshirt this year.
Wow, i 2 would be shocked if he was redshirted. I heard from a few people he started out awful in pratctice but really improved and they think he could get nice PT mid way through the season. I know he isnt listed on the 2 deep, but I havent heard anythnig of Grant and Hill being ahead of him. Only coaches know for sure, but thats my hearing.

Anybody a little surprised on the depth chart? VT not starting. Chambers ahead of Benjamin on KR. Coop over Benjamin on PR. Hankerson over A. Johnson. Maybe Holmes over Forston(Doubt it). Regis not on 2 deep. An Sam Sheilds may Start.

Last edited by fresssh : 09-03-2009 at 01:49 PM.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna see some frekkin hits during this game

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Wow, i 2 would be shocked if he was redshirted. I heard from a few people he started out awful in pratctice but really improved and they think he could get nice PT mid way through the season. I know he isnt listed on the 2 deep, but I havent heard anythnig of Grant and Hill being ahead of him. Only coaches know for sure, but thats my hearing.

Anybody a little surprised on the depth chart? VT not starting. Chambers ahead of Benjamin on KR. Coop over Benjamin on PR. Hankerson over A. Johnson. Maybe Holmes over Forston(Doubt it). Regis not on 2 deep. An Sam Sheilds may Start.
Ray Ray is just too raw to play right now. His upside is thru the roof but he needs alot of work. Moving between TE, S, LB and QB in HS didn't do him any favors. My personal suggestion is to have him fill out and learn the LB position since his future is likely there. But coaches seem intent at having him take a shot at safety 1st. Either way a redshirt is likely.

I'm not surprised by the depth chart at all. I really like it actually. Coop is finally being used in the role he should have been all along, he's the backup/change of pace guy and the primary returner. He's always been the best return man on the team IMO. As far as the KR opposite from him, Chambers is the secondary KR. A secondary KR has to be able to block. Benjamin will not be able to block for Coop on those KRs. Chambers can throw some blocks.

Holmes I would expect to start over Forston. Has nothing to do with talent either. Bailey and Forston are both more pass rushing style DTs. If you pair them together, it has to be on passing downs. For a base it's better if they are paired with Holmes or Joseph who are both run cloggers. They will all see plenty of PT. The starts are just based on who fits next to the other and Holmes fits better with Bailye then Forston does. Not sure why your surprised to see Regis off the 2 deep either. I've heard even Jeremy Lewis may have leaped him.

I love to see Randy finally shying away from the experience and throwing the best players out there. (I.E. Harland Gunn going over Figs who is a 2 year starter).

Are you really surprised Shields may start ahead of DVD? I'm surprised it took this long for someone to beat DVD out. I figured it would happen. Shield has gotten rave reviews and it likely the most physical CB on the team which is what the coaches are looking for.

Am a little let down with Aldarius and VT not starting but Hank really did come on during practice and has been catching everything. Aldarius will still see plenty of work so no worries there. Benjamin seems to be the odd guy out in the WR rotation as Aldarius, Byrd and Hank are ahead of him outside and Collier will start in the slot. Benjamin is a 5th WR right now althought I'm sure he will eb used in packages.

VT is the only real letdown as he failed to take the job from JoJo when it was obvious it was he had every chance to do so. He should still see plenty of action this season tho. He just might take longer then expected. Remember he did just miss an entire year of football. There is also the factor that his 1st start/game ever being against FSU on the road. At least coaches know what they have in JoJo. VT is an unknown. Coaches might want to work him in slowly to get his feet wet and see what he has.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased at the direction the team took with the depth chart. Looks like we have better depth on the OL then we thought with Figs coming off the bench. The TE situation looks much better then expected, as does the RBs. Nice to see guys like Gunn, Hank and Shields really step up and earn their jobs and that the coaches are willing to play the guys that earn it.

Outside of VT not starting, I really do see the picture the coaching staff is going for and I really think it is the correct way to go (esp on offense)
Old 09-03-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Im real worried about Hankerson starting. He always took over in practices, but heard he made some big time drops in the scrimages. 1 of those could cost us the game. I really got trust in Aldarius's hands.

I too was hoping to see VT start, but I agree with your point.

I believe the Shields starting when I see it. If he really is doing that well, it would be a huge relief.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hankerson dominated everything this summer. I'm still afraid of the drops though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Im real worried about Hankerson starting. He always took over in practices, but heard he made some big time drops in the scrimages. 1 of those could cost us the game. I really got trust in Aldarius's hands.

I too was hoping to see VT start, but I agree with your point.

I believe the Shields starting when I see it. If he really is doing that well, it would be a huge relief.
Thats always been the knock against him. He dropped a bunch of passes last year as well. But so far this year I've heard exactly the opposite of you. The reason why coaches have had him started is because he has seemed to shake off the drop problems. Hopefully it holds true come game time. If not, no big deal, Aldarius will jump ahead of him very quickly. Hankerson offers more big play ability the Aldarius as well. But three's too many good WRs on this team to worry about Hankerson. As soon as he shows signs of messing up, coaches will yank him. They did it last year with him and Farq.

Shields is the real deal. I saw him play during the spring game. Save for a few rookie mistakes, he was the best CB on the team. Very physical, willing to get in your face at the LOS and in run support, and has plenty of speed and burst to mask any mistakes he makes in coverages.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any rumblings at all of Ray Ray possibly moving to TE, Joey? I'd love to see what he could do at that spot with his elite athleticism and our gaping hole there next year, seems like a great fit.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Any rumblings at all of Ray Ray possibly moving to TE, Joey? I'd love to see what he could do at that spot with his elite athleticism and our gaping hole there next year, seems like a great fit.
If either of the Sanford guys move to TE, it'll be Dye. Althought Dye is likely sticking at DE. Talk of those guys was for depth reasons but eith Epps back and Jimmy Graham playing better then expected, there's no worries there.

Ray Ray will be sticking to defense from what I've heard.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
If either of the Sanford guys move to TE, it'll be Dye. Althought Dye is likely sticking at DE. Talk of those guys was for depth reasons but eith Epps back and Jimmy Graham playing better then expected, there's no worries there.

Ray Ray will be sticking to defense from what I've heard.
My worries aren't this year, they are next year when we have absolutely nobody to play TE for us. I say redshirt one of them and let them learn the position.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

Are you kidding me ? They're going to red-shirted an athlete like Armstrong because RYAN HILL & CHAVEZ GRANT are ahead of them ? RYAN HILL & CHAVEZ GRANT ???????????????????????????
Old 09-03-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

BTW do they give updated height/weights for the incoming freshman? I do wonder what Ray Ray is at...
Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Are you kidding me ? They're going to red-shirted an athlete like Armstrong because RYAN HILL & CHAVEZ GRANT are ahead of them ? RYAN HILL & CHAVEZ GRANT ???????????????????????????
Is this a serious post? Why would you waste a year of Ray Ray's eligibility to run with the 3rd team and just see spot duty on ST when Chavez Grant and Ryan Hill are capable of doing the same thing.