Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 39023
SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Trade with Vikings

This has the Vikings trading their 2nd round pick and Brad Johnson for Matt Schaub..
WOW, i do not wnat this, we got no use for Johnson.. I wnat Shockly to be our 2nd string..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Shockley is AWFUL, we need to cut him and get a couple QBs if we can.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,279
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Time warp.... woah
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 315
Reputation: 43
falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
This has the Vikings trading their 2nd round pick and Brad Johnson for Matt Schaub..
WOW, i do not wnat this, we got no use for Johnson.. I wnat Shockly to be our 2nd string..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html
Im all for that trade....If we cant get a 1st round pick which I really doubt then we should really consider this trade....Im not really high on Brad Johnson but we could really use the pick though
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Flowery Branch, GA
Posts: 82
Reputation: 2985
flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Well I guess BJ isn't gonna be part of the trade now ehh....
flrybranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,560
Reputation: 238030
georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Shockley is AWFUL, we need to cut him and get a couple QBs if we can.
You must have not watched him play in the pre season
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
GDawg239
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

he should hold out for a potential first round pick. I still think there are some teams that might be willing to trade. Some teams like the Packers, Chiefs, the Ravens, or even the Jaguars might consider it. I think the worst we can do is a trade with RAiders for the 1st pick in round 2. (after they pick Calvin)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: River of Deceit
Posts: 10,591
Reputation: 210630
BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDawg239 View Post
he should hold out for a potential first round pick. I still think there are some teams that might be willing to trade. Some teams like the Packers, Chiefs, the Ravens, or even the Jaguars might consider it. I think the worst we can do is a trade with RAiders for the 1st pick in round 2. (after they pick Calvin)

Why would the Ravens even consider trading for Matt Schaub when we have Kyle Boller? You now a former starter in this league who by the way has a winning record in this league. Not a backup who has all this hype and yet I can't figure out why? If he was so great wouldn't he be starting for the Falcons instead of Vick? I mean sooner or later a decision needs to made on Vick. So many good college scrambling QBs are forced to transition to other positions to utilize their speed and I don't see why Vick gets a pass. Yes I understand the reasoning to give him another chance under Petrino, but what happens if he fails again? Does Schaub take over?
__________________

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

No, Schaub will not be a Falcon. And Boeller is AWFUL. AWFUL. But Vick gets a pass because it seems at times he's the only one out there giving everything he's got, and he makes plays and has one of the best arms in the league. With WRs dropping balls and Offensive line getting him destroyed. When everyone else plays well, Vick is the best QB in the league...if he played with Indy instead of ATL he'd have HUGE numbers. Look back at the Cincy and Pitt games. Vick was getting protection and time, and he just tore it up. Was the best QB in the league.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: River of Deceit
Posts: 10,591
Reputation: 210630
BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
No, Schaub will not be a Falcon. And Boeller is AWFUL. AWFUL. But Vick gets a pass because it seems at times he's the only one out there giving everything he's got, and he makes plays and has one of the best arms in the league. With WRs dropping balls and Offensive line getting him destroyed. When everyone else plays well, Vick is the best QB in the league...if he played with Indy instead of ATL he'd have HUGE numbers. Look back at the Cincy and Pitt games. Vick was getting protection and time, and he just tore it up. Was the best QB in the league.

Wow what the hell is in your water! If that is not a hometown backing of Vick I don't know what is? Your basing your praise on 2 games! Boller (yes I know how to spell his name) has had better games then that and it didn't take him 6 years to throw for more then 3 TD's in one game. You and all the other Vick supporters will always give him a pass no matter what he does or doesn't do. He has single handedly crippled that franchise with his albatross of a contract and yet here you are calling him the best QB in the league? I'd take Peyton, Carson, Brady, Brees, Pennington, Boller, McNair, Rivers, hell even Brady Quinn over Vick every time!
__________________

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back to back to back winning seasons ftw
Posts: 6,974
Reputation: 64327
d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Wow what the hell is in your water! If that is not a hometown backing of Vick I don't know what is? Your basing your praise on 2 games! Boller (yes I know how to spell his name) has had better games then that and it didn't take him 6 years to throw for more then 3 TD's in one game. You and all the other Vick supporters will always give him a pass no matter what he does or doesn't do. He has single handedly crippled that franchise with his albatross of a contract and yet here you are calling him the best QB in the league? I'd take Peyton, Carson, Brady, Brees, Pennington, Boller, McNair, Rivers, hell even Brady Quinn over Vick every time!
You have Boller in your sig. Opinion automatically not taken into consideration.
__________________

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,279
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
You have Boller in your sig. Opinion automatically not taken into consideration.
Not to mention he took Oxy out of context, entirely. He wasn't calling Michael Vick the best QB in the NFL. He said when he is on his best game, he is. Those are two entirely different statements. I believe the rules are very stringent in regard to going to another team's forum and trying to start something. I don't know, maybe saying Kyle Boller is better than Michael Vick on the Falcons team board might constitute that..
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back to back to back winning seasons ftw
Posts: 6,974
Reputation: 64327
d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Not to mention he took Oxy out of context, entirely. He wasn't calling Michael Vick the best QB in the NFL. He said when he is on his best game, he is. Those are two entirely different statements. I believe the rules are very stringent in regard to going to another team's forum and trying to start something. I don't know, maybe saying Kyle Boller is better than Michael Vick on the Falcons team board might constitute that..
And theres gotta be some rules against having Boller sigs.
__________________

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Yes, I know Vick isn't the best QB in the league...he has the ABILITY to be. Those 2 games were AMAZING compared to everyone else in the league, and he just tore it up those games. But my bad, I had a typo...Boller is AMAZING I forgot =P that's why McNair is starting over him, who is only there to manage the game. Boller has ability, but he's just not a good QB. Vick hasn't done great yet, but he's been carrying this franchise.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.