Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-01-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im interested in scouting the Left Tackle, Im forgetting his name right now.

Rutgers has done pretty well lately with getting some olinemen in the NFL.
Anthony Davis. Sure 1st rounder if he comes out this year. If he waits and comes out after his senior year I think he's a top 10 pick. Hell he might even be if he comes out after this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About 5 and a half hours until gametime!! I am pretty pumped about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!lets go RU!!!!!!!!!!! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scotty without being a homer give me nfl prospects from rutgers besides davis that i should be watching
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone going to the game? I tried nabbing tickets but it was too late.

Anyway, got my RU red on, excited to see em back in action. Let's take the East by storm! :D
Old 09-07-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
scotty without being a homer give me nfl prospects from rutgers besides davis that i should be watching
MLB Ryan D'Imperio, OL Kevin Haslam, DE George Johnson, and CB Devin McCourty are the seniors you should keep an eye on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Anyway, got my RU red on, excited to see em back in action. Let's take the East by storm! :D
I was going to go also but I decided to stay home and watch it. I'm starting to wish I was going though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
GF1080 got the majority of them, but also I love WR Tim Brown and OC Ryan Blaszczyk. Timmy's a speedter who I think has a future in the NFL as a slot guy or return man if he produces this year. Top end speed and playmaker despite being kinda a midget.

R-Blas is one of my favorites. Solid technician who isn't a big name but smart and a great leader. I could see him being an UDFA who makes a roster ala Shaun O'Hara.

Also due to our run heavy gameplan this year, Jack Corcoran our FB may get some attention. These 3 guys I just mentioned probably won't get drafted, or maybe in like round 6 or 7, just some other guys to look for.

D'Imperio and McCourty are our 2 big guys to watch out for though.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:

you know I am!!!! Student section season tickets baby!!!!

should I go with my "birthplace of college football" tshirt or the Raymell baby Rice jersey? I'm feeling the t-shirt, but I'm just not sure.
Quote:
Old 09-07-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you know I am!!!! Student section season tickets baby!!!!

should I go with my "birthplace of college football" tshirt or the Raymell baby Rice jersey? I'm feeling the t-shirt, but I'm just not sure.
I say go with the birthplace shirt :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I was going to go also but I decided to stay home and watch it. I'm starting to wish I was going though.
Same here. Opening day is the best game to go to man :( Missed out on some good times.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I say go with the birthplace shirt :)

Same here. Opening day is the best game to go to man :( Missed out on some good times.
Let's go now and scalp tickets in the parking lot. :)

Definitely the birthplace t-shirt Scotty thats what I'll be going with as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I did forget about Blaze but I can't really see Brown making it in the NFL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck today guys!

Despite me constantly messing with Scottyboy about how Rutgers is bad I do think they'll be pretty good this year.

I think the Big East is pretty up in the air this year. Rutgers, Cincinatti, West Virginia, and Pitt all have some talent and anyone of them could emerge as the top team in the Big East.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Let's go now and scalp tickets in the parking lot. :)

Definitely the birthplace t-shirt Scotty thats what I'll be going with as well.
:p

Im hoping Rutgers has a huge game this year like the Louisville game 2 years back, and hopefully I can get tickets to that.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
:p

Im hoping Rutgers has a huge game this year like the Louisville game 2 years back, and hopefully I can get tickets to that.
Hopefully if we win this game we'll be 5-0 going into the Pitt game but that's getting very far ahead of ourselves. The Maryland should be tough because it's on the road but we're going to have to start to win those games consistently. Should be a great year though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Hopefully if we win this game we'll be 5-0 going into the Pitt game but that's getting very far ahead of ourselves. The Maryland should be tough because it's on the road but we're going to have to start to win those games consistently. Should be a great year though.
Im personally a little concerned about the offense. At the end of the day, we have a new qb running the show, and our run game hasn't really taken off since Rice left, so we lost that anchor we could rely on.

But either way, Im excited about the new year. Hopefully they live up to expectations.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Im personally a little concerned about the offense. At the end of the day, we have a new qb running the show, and our run game hasn't really taken off since Rice left, so we lost that anchor we could rely on.

But either way, Im excited about the new year. Hopefully they live up to expectations.
I'm very concerned about our QB and WR situations. The O-Line is Top 10 in the nation and we have 3 or 4 RB's that are very good. Brooks and Martinek both averaged over 5 yards a carry last year so I'm not worried about them. If we can hand the ball off most of the game and play that great Schiano defense then we should be fine. Natale and the WR's aren't going to have to win us the game I hope.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I'm very concerned about our QB and WR situations. The O-Line is Top 10 in the nation and we have 3 or 4 RB's that are very good. Brooks and Martinek both averaged over 5 yards a carry last year so I'm not worried about them. If we can hand the ball off most of the game and play that great Schiano defense then we should be fine. Natale and the WR's aren't going to have to win us the game I hope.
Thats right, I completely forgot we lost Britt and Underwood for some reason. Yeah, good old ground n pound. I love Schiano. If he ever goes to the NFL, id hope it would be with the Giants <3.

Now if he could just recruit the top Jersey talent and convince em to stay in New Jersey, we'd have a top 10 program.

Thats the next step.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Thats right, I completely forgot we lost Britt and Underwood for some reason. Yeah, good old ground n pound. I love Schiano. If he ever goes to the NFL, id hope it would be with the Giants <3.

Now if he could just recruit the top Jersey talent and convince em to stay in New Jersey, we'd have a top 10 program.

Thats the next step.
We're getting there slowly recruiting wise. Schiano is also starting to get players from states not really associated with the circle of Rutgers. Keep an eye out on CB Darrell Givens. He's a true freshmen that was supposed to go to Penn State but somehting happened and at the last time he came to us. He was ranked as one of the top CB's in the nation and he's going to end up being a steal for us. I hope he gets some time today but I'm not really sure what true freshmen will play besides Tom Savage, Mohamed Sanu, and Steve Beauharnais.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well I'm pretty embarassed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry about the loss guys, didn't get to see much of the actual game, but it looked like it was just not your day, Cincy pretty much dominated offensively it looked, from the little bit I saw (the last 6 minutes or so of the first half). Rutgers is one of my secondary favorites, if you will, (PSU is my #1) so I try to keep a close eye on them and love watching their games, and love Schiano's style as well.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We look terrible. Our qb situation is BAD, and our defense still sucks.

On a positive note, Mohammed Sanu looks like he's gonna be a good player for us. He's fast and big, I like his potential.

Our run game is great when we run downhill. When we try that cute reverse end around nonsense, we can't do a thing.

We have WRs, we just have no qb. Brown can get open all day. Sanu is going to be a beast. We just have no qb.

I was a little disappointed in Davis too. Not his best game.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think Savage will be fine but I never want to see Natale as our QB ever again. Davis and the O-Line in general had a pretty bad game. The defense was really terrible and to be honest I didn't really see one positive. Schiano needs to take over that defense immediately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I think Savage will be fine but I never want to see Natale as our QB ever again. Davis and the O-Line in general had a pretty bad game. The defense was really terrible and to be honest I didn't really see one positive. Schiano needs to take over that defense immediately.
The only real positive I took was Sanu.

The runblocking downhill in the run game was good. We just didn't get a chance to use it as much as we should have bc our defense kept giving up points.

Our WRs can get open, theyve shown that, we just need a qb who can hit them in stride.

Nothing positive about our defense. Terrible.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sanu looked the part big time yesterday. He's an older true freshmen so that's probably why. How do you think Savage looked?

sig by BoneKrusher