Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-08-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaches always say you learn the most about your team between weeks 1 and 2, so hopefully they get a lot of these things figured out

Love Coop in his role, would like to see Javaris split the load with Mike so they can both run hard all game

Last edited by fenikz : 09-08-2009 at 01:36 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking for a college football team to support. I think I found it. Fantastic game.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple other things about last night, fullbacks were good.

For the bust that has been Tervaris Johnson, he put a hurt on a couple FSU linebackers last night. Let's hope he grows even more into that position. Pat Hill played well too, but he looks really out of shape. He should get into that weight room some more and drop that belly.

Favorite part of last night's game - after the 40 yard throw to Benjamin to put us on the 3, Jacory did a little strut after he completed it. I about died laughing.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Couple other things about last night, fullbacks were good.

For the bust that has been Tervaris Johnson, he put a hurt on a couple FSU linebackers last night. Let's hope he grows even more into that position. Pat Hill played well too, but he looks really out of shape. He should get into that weight room some more and drop that belly.

Favorite part of last night's game - after the 40 yard throw to Benjamin to put us on the 3, Jacory did a little strut after he completed it. I about died laughing.
lol cosign. Harris was status
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I walked out of Doak heartbroken last night...still depressed.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Just got back in town from Tally. Saw the game live and gonna watcht he tape replay now. Here's what I could see live:

1.) Brandon Harris is a beast back there. Was no his men like glue all night and played the run extremely well. He was very physical. If Randy Phillips gave him any sort of help over the top, he would have been the star of the game. You could tell he was taking the safe rout instead of trying to make the play because he didn't know if he was gonna get the help from over the top.

2.) The 1st play of the game pretty much told me exactly how this game was gonna go. Everyone was on pins an needles waiting to see what Whipple would do. Everyone thought he was gonna go after FSU hard. What does he call? A screen pass that caught the entire stadium off guard and goes for 20 yards. Brillant. He didn't reinvent the wheel, he stuck to bread and butter crossing routes, posts, RBs spilting to the slot and mixed in some things from there. But he kept them guessing and that's all you really need to do when you have the athletes we do.

3.) Don't judge Forston too harshly. He does have to do some work but 1st game, in that place matched up against All American Rodney Hudson all nite would make alot of people look really bad. Hudson is by far FSU's best player. Let's see how Forston bounces back.

4.) While all our offensive skill position guys played well. I think it's becoming pretty clear that the staff views TB3 and Coop as our 2 biggest game breakers.

5.) Regarding the kicking game. You won't see that happen next week. I think we under estimated Greg Reid and over estimated Jake Wieclaw. After the 1st kickoff, it was clear Wieclaw wasn't ready. He barely broke the 15 yard line with the kick. Bosher hadn't practiced kickoff is a couple weeks because Wieclaw was supposed to be the man. When we switched to Bosher who was out of practice, he ended up hitting a copuple line drives that gave Reid tons of time and room for potentially back breaking returns. Pooch kicks and squibs were the result of it all. Blame the staff for not having Bosher ready and for probably trying to force Wieclaw into a job he couldn't handle early. But really, that is the type of stuff you see game 1 of the season. All things considered, our team was alot less sloppy and looked much more prepared and well coached then a majority of other teams I watched this weekend. So let's give Randy and staff some credit there despite the kicking issues.

6.) Jacory Harris

7.) I don't expect to see us running alot of zone by this time next year. Believe me, Randy isn't recruiting big DBs like Ray Ray and Kacey Rodgers to have them chase guys in an area of the field. Within a year, you will see alot more man to man, bum and run coverages but we don't have the players for it right now. Not while we are still trotting out Chavez Grants, JoJo Nicolas and Sam Shields. Some of the issues will be fixed but we all knew DB was gonna be an issue coming into the season. Thank God the run D looked outstanding minus 2 or 3 runs in the 2nd half.

8.) We didn't get the pass rush we needed but this was the best line we will face all year (and could be the best in the country). They were really impressive. However, I dunno if anyone noticed either, the refs let this game get really physical and let the kids play. Alot of holding when uncalled. FSU RT Zerbie Sanders would clothesline our guys as the came off the edge all night and he basically ass raped Marcus Robinson on the Christian Ponder fumble without a flag being thrown. I love the physical play that the refs allowed. But I think you'd see a fair amount more pressure if our guys weren't getting held so much.

9.) My biggest concern: Outside of Colin McCarthey's outstanding work against the run, can you name 1 LB that did anything positive. We need them to step up in a big way or GT will tear us apart.

Overall, huge win and I can't complain one bit about our play. We looked crsip and well coached and the errors I saw seemed to be of the 1st game kinks and growing pains. We need work but I expect us to grow from this as the season goes on and we will be much better down the stretch. Can't help but have 4-0 in the back of my mind after seeing the aftermath of the VT (91 passing yards?) and OU( no Bradford or Gresham) games. This is about as promising a 1st game as anyone could have wanted.

Lastly. Give Randy a round of appalause for the team he has built in that locker room. These kids are tight knit, believe in each other and fight for one another. Most teams pack it in down by 2 scores late in the 3rd at Doak with an ailing QB. We simply came out and stuck it to them and props to the D for stopping them 7 times from the 2 to end that game after a questionable PI call on Brandon Harris. Those are some big steel ones to come back out and shut them down.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff Joey. One thing I'll add about Forston is the DTs were getting doubled team all night, which was a good strategy IMO by FSU.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I hope he's at least here for 2 more years as I've heard that Dorsey is going to join the staff next year.
Where is this coming from? Also I gotta disagree with you big time on Shields being our best DB, Brandon Harris was outstanding and clearly our best...
Old 09-08-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my take on the game.

First off, I had an AMAZING time in Tallahassee for the four days I stayed there. Partying everynight. Great town. I shaved my head and my buddy I stayed with said that I look like Christian Ponder LOL.

Now on to the game. The atmosphere was UNBELIEVEABLE. Great, great crowd. I lost my voice halfway through the first quarter. On my feet all game screaming my head off; doing the chop everytime the Warchant was played. It was the best atmosphere I've ever been in for any football game. With that said, I have never been so heartbroken/dissapointed after watching a football game. As soon as the ref said the play stands, I stood silent with my hands above my head. It made me absolutely sick seeing them run on to the field celebrating. Also, Miami has quite possibly the most classless fans I think I've ever encountered. Walking back from the game, I saw a Miami fan slug an FSU fan and proceed to run away when the FSU fan came at him. Other Miami fans saw it and one of them said "that's how we do it at the U." Really? Are you proud of the thug image your program has? If so, pathetic. I don't even think Florida fans could be that bad.

There were some positives that I saw in the loss:

-Christian Ponder is good. He progressed a hell of a lot this offseason. He made great decisions, great reads, and great throws. His decision making looks to be 1000x better than it was last season. He has definitely grown into the leader on offense.

-The recievers looked good. Especially Jarmon Fortson. He will be a great one for the next couple years. Richard Goodman also looked good.

-The pass blocking has improved.

-Greg Reid. Enough said. He is a future all-american and will be one of the best to play for FSU when it's all said and done. He should be starting opposite Patrick Robinson on Saturday.

-Dustin Hopkins looked great for a freshman kicker in a game with this magnitude.

Negatives:

-The defense as a whole. They looked awful. We haven't been able to cover the tight end for years now.

-Korey Mangum should not be starting rover. He is terrible.

-Jamie Robinson looked god-awful. He had a couple of big-hit opportunities and gave the recievers love taps. He was out of coverage a lot. He looked lost.

-The running game. I thought we didn't try to run the ball enough, and we definitely didn't run it well either. It was supposed to be THE strength of this team. But with the passing game working as well as it did, Jimbo wanted to put the ball in Ponder's hands.

-Drops in big situations hurt us as well.

-Special teams killed. It seemed like Miami was at midfield to start every possession.

-Clock management. It has killed us the last couple of years, and it killed us last night.

-Play calling in the redzone on the final drive was awful. Why would we run an option? Run it up the middle.

I don't understand how we can get beat so bad in man-to-man coverage. Those deep play action passes were wide open all night. I think we should have had one, or possibly two seconds left on the clock, but it doesn't matter.

Couple observations on the Canes:

-I'm still not a fan of Jacory. I know Cane fans will hang me out to dry, but anyone could have gashed our secondary with it being as bad as it is. He does have nice touch, though.

-Graig Cooper looks a lot better than he has the last couple of years. I haven't been impressed with him up until last night.

-Travis Benjamin will be a Seminole killer his whole career if we don't find a way to stop him. Very fast. Very good player.

Miami is a lot better than I gave them credit for.

I'm still depressed. This will take a long time to get over. Miami gets FSU in another heartbreaker. Great game, nonetheless.

Fire away.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Whipple had aloooot of hype coming into this season, and he didnt meet it, he exceeded it. Absolutely amazing play callin. We did a great job executing, but whats amazing is that we still left some points on the field. Absolutely unstopable. Give that O-Line alota cred on that pass protection. Jacory had all day back their. Got 2 do a better job opening that middle tho.

Negatives:

Safeties didnt look like they were on the field. Need to get VT healthy. Good thing for us, we might not see another QB for a while.

^ Agree. Mccarthy is the only LB that did anything. When he left, u saw Ponder get to use his feet. Spence had 1 of the worst games i seen him play. Im sure he steps it up against GT. Whats wiith Aurthor Brown? Havent heard about him in practice or anything.

D Line needs to be able to get some rush. As suspect as our secondary is, its huge.

I really didnt like the D as a whole tonight. Didnt see the intensity at all. Had some big hits, but it definitely didnt look like they were fired up from the TV. But they did step up at the end, when i had 0 faith at that time. Lots of credit to the D to step up in crunch time. And i could not ask for anything more from Whipple. Those WR recruits are going to come running.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

^Big John. Just cus someone sucker punched an FSU fan doesnt say anything about Mia fans. I got sucker punched in the temple by an FSU fan last year. I got up and their were 7 or 8 of them. I threw hands and got 2, and then i blacked out for like 30 seconds. I got up n asked what happened n they said another 1 came n smashed a bottle over my head from behinid. They said i knocked 2 out so i laughed, forgot about it, went to the game and had a good time. So FSU fans not only sucker punched me, but they needed 7 or 8 and a bottle. And they were all older. Stuff hapens. Everyone is drinking and im sure FSU fans said something. I bet even havard fans do stuff like that. Doesnt say anything about Mia fans.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Torrian Wilson to Stanford?? I seen that posted in the Recruiting form, this can not be?
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Torrian Wilson to Stanford?? I seen that posted in the Recruiting form, this can not be?
I doubt it sticks.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Number 20 in the AP poll.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up with Arthur Brown?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Lastly. Give Randy a round of appalause for the team he has built in that locker room. These kids are tight knit, believe in each other and fight for one another. Most teams pack it in down by 2 scores late in the 3rd at Doak with an ailing QB. We simply came out and stuck it to them and props to the D for stopping them 7 times from the 2 to end that game after a questionable PI call on Brandon Harris. Those are some big steel ones to come back out and shut them down.
Spot on with this. I came away IMPRESSED by how once the momentum went to FSU after the pic 6 Miami didn't show ANY panic and showed maturity when A LOT of teams would have folded after a situation like that. If this team stays healthy i don't see why they can't contend for a BCS spot.
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Also, Miami has quite possibly the most classless fans I think I've ever encountered. Walking back from the game, I saw a Miami fan slug an FSU fan and proceed to run away when the FSU fan came at him. Other Miami fans saw it and one of them said "that's how we do it at the U." Really? Are you proud of the thug image your program has? If so, pathetic. I don't even think Florida fans could be that bad.

I always hate when people bash other people's fan bases. Would you like me to tell you about the Seminole fan that got in a fight with a 60 year old war veteran because the FSU was laughing at the fly over pilot being introduced? Or how about the Hillbilly FSU fan that was yelling racist remarks at Hispanics for talking about the Miami win in Spanish after the game? Or the drunk FSU fan that threatened to rip my truck out of my parking spot because he had "saved" it for an FSU fan. I can keep going if you like. I have years worth of these types of situations with FSU fans. Obviously this was your 1st ever FSU/Miami game. Point is, every fan bases has nuts and classless people. Trashing an entire fan base over a handful of guys is naive and makes you look whiny after the loss.

There were some positives that I saw in the loss:

-Christian Ponder is good. He progressed a hell of a lot this offseason. He made great decisions, great reads, and great throws. His decision making looks to be 1000x better than it was last season. He has definitely grown into the leader on offense.

Agreed.

-The recievers looked good. Especially Jarmon Fortson. He will be a great one for the next couple years. Richard Goodman also looked good.

Easy to look good when your given a 10 yard cushion on every play. I thought they were pretty mediocre. Dropped too many easy catches. Misses chances for big plays and didn't break any tackles or gain much after the catch. They were steady, not "great".

-The pass blocking has improved.

Lots of holding was let go by the refs. If you have a chance to rewatch the game. Check out Your RT Zerbie Sanders. Refs let him slide at least 3 times that I saw. Your OL is without a doubt your strength, but it wasn't as good as it seemed against us. Not to mention, we were missing both our starting DEs.

-Greg Reid. Enough said. He is a future all-american and will be one of the best to play for FSU when it's all said and done. He should be starting opposite Patrick Robinson on Saturday.

All that based off 1 solid game? Most his contributions were as a kick returner where he looked outstanding. I refuse to give him credit for the INT. The only reason Reid was even in that area was because he missed his assignment and left Travis Benjamin wide open in the endzone. Lucky for you Jacory was under pressure and had to throw on the roll out so he didnt see that Reid had misread the coverage but Reid could have seriously cost you on that play if Jacory had a couple more seconds to find Benjamin in the endzone. Besides, if you think any of your CBs played outstanding, you didn't watch the game. We shredded you all night.

-Dustin Hopkins looked great for a freshman kicker in a game with this magnitude.

Missed an extra point and hit another off the crossbars. Could have seriously cost you. If that's what you call great then by all means you got a great one.

Negatives:

-The defense as a whole. They looked awful. We haven't been able to cover the tight end for years now.

Pretty much agreed although Markus White and Dakota Watson looked like players to me. Definite bright spots for you guys.

think we should have had one, or possibly two seconds left on the clock, but it doesn't matter.

Really. Can you be any more of a sore loser? Go back and check the play where we stuffed Ponder on the option run down at the goal line. Watch the clock and tell me what you see. FSU ran that entire play without a single second coming off the clock. The clock stood at 23 seconds for the entire length of the play. If you wanna get technical, you should have never even had time on the clock to run that last play for Forston to drop.

Couple observations on the Canes:

-I'm still not a fan of Jacory. I know Cane fans will hang me out to dry, but anyone could have gashed our secondary with it being as bad as it is. He does have nice touch, though.

He shredded you for 386 yards and completed beautiful passes stepping up in the pocket like the one to Benjamin setting up the game winning score. He made your defense look like morons with shoulder fakes and hit his proper checkdowns most the night. He kept some plays alive with his feet that led to big gains. Not to mention the gutsy performance to be down by 9 on the road and have your arm hurting and still complete 7-9 passes for over 125 yards and the winning score in the 4th quarter. He stepped up and shined the most when it mattered most. What more do you want out of a Sophomore QB? If you were not impressed with Jacory after that game, you are not a fan of football. Even the worst of FSU fans recognized how well be played after the game. I can't believe that would even be debatable.

-Graig Cooper looks a lot better than he has the last couple of years. I haven't been impressed with him up until last night.

It's amazing what happens when JJ is healthy and Coop can do what he does best.

Miami is a lot better than I gave them credit for.

We've been saying this for while.
Responses in bold.

Last edited by JoeyJr09 : 09-09-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Believe it.

Don't worry. We got better OL coming to us. ;)
Old 09-09-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Responses in bold.
How is me saying that I thought there should have been a second left being a sore loser? It was an observation.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

The second thing on the clock is stupid anyways as the play is dead when the ref blows the whistle.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
How is me saying that I thought there should have been a second left being a sore loser? It was an observation.
When you fail to see the plays where you get extra time and complain about 1 second at the very end of the game, you come across as a sore loser.

How many times did the refs not go back and add a few seconds to the clock for you guys?
Old 09-09-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Believe it.

Don't worry. We got better OL coming to us. ;)
Okay, whats the low down?? I just figured we would have a good shot at a 4 star guard from our pipeline school.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
When you fail to see the plays where you get extra time and complain about 1 second at the very end of the game, you come across as a sore loser.

How many times did the refs not go back and add a few seconds to the clock for you guys?
All I remember was one time where they added time back. I'd watch the game over again, but I don't want to relive the heartbreak again.

I'm not a sore loser. You guys beat us. We had a chance to win it and we blew it. I just thought there should have been atleast a second left.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
All I remember was one time where they added time back. I'd watch the game over again, but I don't want to relive the heartbreak again.

I'm not a sore loser. You guys beat us. We had a chance to win it and we blew it. I just thought there should have been atleast a second left.
They added time twice for you on the last drive. If memory serves me correct, one time it was 8 seconds and another time it was 4 seconds.

Not to mention, the refs were reviewing everything for you guys. The Jacory QB sneak was obvious and they reviewed that. The TB3 catch that set up the TD was obvious and they reviewed that. The refs did their due diligence for you guys. Believe me, they made sure you had every chance to take that game.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Okay, whats the low down?? I just figured we would have a good shot at a 4 star guard from our pipeline school.
Let's just say Wilson has always been a backup plan. If we told him to go elsewhere, it's because we got other guys coming into the fold.

We got Bunche, McDermott, Glenn, Feliciano already in the fold. There's 2 big names out there that should be the obvious choices for the last 2 spots.