Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh no. 3 words in his scouting report. selfish, Selfish, SELFISH!

Gosh... btw him and TO are you kiddin' me?
Ha. I was just kidding, he was my fav player back in the day. I hated that attitude, loved his potential. I know he's a headache.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a question. Here's a guy who's stock is dropping. Would you draft Marshawn Lynch if he was sitting at 22?

I'm not promoting it or anything.. Just tossing it out for convo in this dying thread.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's a question. Here's a guy who's stock is dropping. Would you draft Marshawn Lynch if he was sitting at 22?

I'm not promoting it or anything.. Just tossing it out for convo in this dying thread.
We dont need an Rb but, damn would it be tempting. I boy would it be tempting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont think we need a DE but, I something caught my eye yesterday. Mike Mayock has Jamaal Anderson slated as a late 1st, early 2nd rounder.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Yes. I have him, Levi Brown and Amobi Okoye as guys who may fall to us that are "expected to be gone" by our First Rounder. One will make it to us and we should snap'em up.

In the second round, I think there are a few guys who also may fall and we should trip over ourselves to get. They are Sidney Rice, B Meriweather, Grubbs and Q Moses.

Third Round possible fallees I would love Beekman, Woodley, D Tyler, M Bush, S Smith or T Hunt.

4th round fallees I would love T. Jackson, J. Wilson, J Wade, T Edwards, J Ford, S Piscitelli or P WIlliams. .

5th round fallees D Wynn, J Jones, J Palmer, M Johnson, A Barbre, M Crosby

6th rounders: S Breaston, Z DeOssie, P Soliai, S Doughty, J Medlock, T Moss
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mason Crosby... 5th round... i wish but, will never happen. (I'm not that high on him but, that would be a steal)

As for Okoye, no way he can play NT in a 3-4. He'd have to take Canty's job.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-01-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I'd take Marshawn Lynch at 22 if he were there.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better yet, lets trade a 3rd and get McGahee (Rumor has it all it will take to pry him from Buffalo is a 1st DAY pick).

Designs by Thule

Quote:
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or not and keep the third rounder and help improve our team. We dont need a third running back. Jones is fine and Barber is great
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Neither Barber nor Jones is as good as McGahee. Lynch could be special, and Jones and Barber are not.

I'm content with having them both and no other RB's but you have to admit that upgrading that position would be worth looking into.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch is too much of a thug for my liking.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Lynch is avaible at #22 I would pick him without esitation.. This guy will be special in the NFL...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Lynch is too much of a thug for my liking.
I think he's a thug by the definition Tupac made of this word, but he's not a thug by the classic definition of the word..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Better yet, lets trade a 3rd and get McGahee (Rumor has it all it will take to pry him from Buffalo is a 1st DAY pick).
This is very intriguing. THe only thing I don't like about Willis is that he doesn't have that homerun hitting speed like JJ. However, overall he's gives you more. I wonder if Buffalo would trade WG and their 1st round pick for JJ, our first round and Ellis?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Mason Crosby... 5th round... i wish but, will never happen. (I'm not that high on him but, that would be a steal)

As for Okoye, no way he can play NT in a 3-4. He'd have to take Canty's job.
Okoye is 20. I am no MD but he looks to be able to play with more weight as he matures and at his height he will have leverage. He has "a hutch" as we would say.

Okoye is definately too young and too small today but ANY Nose Tackle in any round is a project. Even Branch.

Give Okoye two years of spot duty and by the time Fergie is gone he is ready. I would say the same of D Tyler too -- too young and not mature physically yet.

No one coming out of College is really ready to play 2 Gap let alone 2 Gap NT.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
This is very intriguing. THe only thing I don't like about Willis is that he doesn't have that homerun hitting speed like JJ. However, overall he's gives you more. I wonder if Buffalo would trade WG and their 1st round pick for JJ, our first round and Ellis?

I would make that trade in a heart beat and pick up a Lorenzo Booker in the draft.

Why Buffalo would make that trade is beyond me unless we take out Ellis and put in a Burnett or similar. 30 uears old with achilles injuries don't have much value.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So, are there any players you guys think are no longer assured of a roster spot?

I'm thinking of guys who were "Parcell's guys," players like Proctor or Bradie James, or even Carpenter? The reason I mention Carpenter is, although he is talented, his selection last year seemed to be contingent on the fact that he was the son of a "Parcell's guy."

Or how about Fasano? Parcells basically picked him because he was Bavaro 2.0.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

BX - Carpenter was a BP guy no doubt, but he wasn't a reach in the first round. It's not as if BP drafted him INSPITE of his talent level.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 03-02-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I keep hearing Proctor's name mentioned by Jerry Jones every time he's talking about filling holes from within, so it sounds like they like this guy.

Couldn't really say about the other guys, except they've got the big contract tied up in James (as has been discussed often on this thread). Both Carpenter and Fasano are 2nd year high draft picks. You don't give up on those kind of guys quickly if you want to be a successful team. Also, don't forget we've parted ways with both Ryan Hannam and Bret Pierce, so Fasano is the only other TE on the team with Witten. You need at least 2 or 3.

Last edited by FinChase : 03-02-2007 at 02:34 PM.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

I not sure about all this nonsense about "Parcells Guys."

Every team wants "Parcells Guys," why not Jerry and Wade?

For crying out loud "Parcells Guys" means hard working, intelligent, performs on the field and plays through injury.

If every player in the league played like a "Parcells Guy" the quality of Sunday Football would 3-4 times better than today with less show-off silliness.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
BX - Carpenter was a BP guy no doubt, but he wasn't a reach in the first round. It's not as if BP drafted him INSPITE of his talent level.
True on Carp. He was late first rounder all the way. It was rumored if not Dallas that New England would have picked him. So, just really out there opinions on Carp. Carp was unlucky enuff to go to a team loaded with LB talent and a very demanding Head Coach who knows LB.

On the BP Guys thing all Parcells has consistently said on this issue is that Talent Evaluators are more interested in Track and Field Talent then football talent. His quote, to paraphrase, was "without a stop watch they would not know a 1st rounder from a 4th rounders."

While being a great athelete is fantastic it is not the key to being a great football players. Being a great football players requires more brains, more team discipline, more studying and more heart than being a great track and field guy.

Give me 45 BP guys with median athletic skills and I could coach a SB team.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
I keep hearing Proctor's name mentioned by Jerry Jones every time he's talking about filling holes from within, so it sounds like they like this guy.

Couldn't really say about the other guys, except they've got the big contract tied up in James (as has been discussed often on this thread). Both Carpenter and Fasano are 2nd year high draft picks. You don't give up on those kind of guys quickly if you want to be successful team. Also, don't forget we've parted ways with both Ryan Hannam and Bret Pierce, so we Fasano is the only other TE on the team with Witten. You need at least 2 or 3.
You can not trust Jerry Jones on talent evaluation. This is the same guy who was talking up Dredslow right before Romo took off. Same guy who swears by TO. Same guy who gave away two 1s for Galloway. Same guy who signed a Average SS, Below Average ILB and Above Average but Unproven Punter to monster contracts.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
You can not trust Jerry Jones on talent evaluation. This is the same guy who was talking up Dredslow right before Romo took off. Same guy who swears by TO. Same guy who gave away two 1s for Galloway. Same guy who signed a Average SS, Below Average ILB and Above Average but Unproven Punter to monster contracts.
I'm not trusting him, I'm just assuming he's voicing the opinion of the team. Proctor may just end up being another in a line of "hope-he's_gonnabes".
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody seen DWM or JDallas since the new forums came up?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Nope, haven't seen either.