Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

View Poll Results: Biggest Joke?
Yes 10 45.45%
Definitely 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Joke Delhomme, Worst QB in the NFL?

no explanation necessary
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Contract Information for Jake Delhomme

4/25/2009: Signed a five-year, $42.5 million contract extension through 2014. The deal contains $20 million guaranteed, including a $3.125 million signing bonus. 2009: $3.2 million, 2010: $1.624 million (+ $10.14 million "signing" bonus), 2011: $1.74 million, 2012: $2.7 million, 2013: $3.66 million, 2014: $4.62 million, 2015: Free Agent. Cap charges: $8.591 million (2009), $4.785 million (2010), $5.745 million (2011), $6.705 million (2012), $7.665 million (2013), $8 million (2014).
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the panther franchise hasnt been in this bad of a hole since the sean gilbert years

not only are they staring cap hell right in the face, but they have no qb for the future, and no first round pick in a year where they look destined for the top 10
Old 09-13-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
the panther franchise hasnt been in this bad of a hole since the sean gilbert years

not only are they staring cap hell right in the face, but they have no qb for the future, and no first round pick in a year where they look destined for the top 10
Top 10 pick with DeAngello Williams, Jonathan Stewart, an alright oline, and a pretty good defense? No, they will probably be in the 15-20 area.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

The defense is not good this year

The OLine is supposed to be good this year but looked like absolute garbage today

And DeAngelo and Stewart cant do anything when this idiotic coaching staff continues to run out Delhomme and pass a ton

0-2 the last 2 games we came out of the gate and ran the ball down the Cardinals and Eagles throats to go up 7-0

then Joke Delhomme takes over on the next drive and throws INTs so they cant get anymore carries
Old 09-13-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bigger issue is the coaching staff that doesn't make adjustments. Jake hurt us, but not as bad as the coaching staff.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake has crumbled completely mentally. He can no longer put plays behind him, it is pretty obvious since these turnovers are coming in huge bunches.

Playing him isn't fair to the rest of the team. They are doing their jobs, and you can't let one player sabotage everyone elses chances to win like this. Leadership starts with performance, that is never going to be debatable. Nobody gets playing time by how much of a leader they are.

If Jake can't protect the ball then you find someone who can, pretty simple concept.

This is more than a turnover problem, it is an epidemic that only gets worse. Jake's poor play makes everyone else that much worse because nobody respects him, so they sell out to stop the run and they blitz without fear.

It really isn't difficult to stop a running team if they have no QB, just put 9 or 10 in the box. The Eagles didn't do anything the Cardinals didn't.

If Fox doesn't take Delhomme out for any of the reasons above, he should at least save Delhomme the embarrassment he is bringing upon himself.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
The bigger issue is the coaching staff that doesn't make adjustments. Jake hurt us, but not as bad as the coaching staff.
That's always been Fox's problem. I've lost count of the amount of times he's been out coached through the years.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Miaoww, is one thing we've always agreed on.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
That's always been Fox's problem. I've lost count of the amount of times he's been out coached through the years.
Well it is also no secret that Fox has failed to develop a QB or draft someone for the future.

It isn't often that mediocre QB wins superbowls, I mean throughout the course of a season, there have been okay winning performances I know.

Jake did nothing to warrant a new contract, his stats were that of a lower class journeyman QB and his playoff performance needs no comment.

The entire season was an argument that Jake was fading, and it was ended with an exclamation mark.

No defense is scared of Jake, and Jake is going to be scarred from this without question. He is such an emotional player as it is, I give him one more game and one more loss.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
If Fox doesn't take Delhomme out for any of the reasons above, he should at least save Delhomme the embarrassment he is bringing upon himself.
AJ Feeley? Oh boy.

I'd get REAL excited if I were you.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
AJ Feeley? Oh boy.

I'd get REAL excited if I were you.
John Fox is in love with the journeyman QB. It worked one time and he thinks he can do it forever.

He just fails to see that he has yet to put back to back seasons together. Hey, lets give a guy who had 15 TDs and 15 turnovers an extension and big guarantees, sounds good.

I think that Panther fans were all weary of this season. We are aware of the pathetic seasons following good ones.

I don't know about you guys, but the last season didn't save John Fox really at all, the season afterword was going to be as much about saving his job as the last.

Being a coach that can only win when his team is a surprise and go to hell when they are pegged to at least compete for the division is something I don't enjoy watching.

I can't blame anyone but Jake for his pathetic performances. There was a bit of pressure at the beginning, but I didn't see it as unmanageable. I didn't see that sack as one where he had no chance to protect the ball. Dammit he threw a two interceptions in two throws.

Not only does Jake destroy the trust of his teammates, but in one game he destroyed the trust of the fans. Who the hell is going to go to a game where one player is bound to destruct on such a massive level?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been saying this was going to happen on NFL.com forums all summer and ppl have been saying i was stupid and usually im happy when im right but not now. I really hope Delhomme turns it around and can at least get the team 6 or 7 wins but somehow i doubt thatll happen especially if Fox decides to keep starting Delhomme despite horrid performances like his last two. Im almost glad i dont get to watch Panther games since i moved to Tennessee now that i know how badly Delhomme did and seeing how Fox is blaming the rest of the team on the website and nfl.com and even giving Jake the start against the Falcons because Fox is just asking for the team to self destruct and i really dont wanna watch that happen.
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the new contract to delhomme was supposed to bring him more confidence but i guess the plan backfired in quite spectacular.
TBH i dont think jake will play this craptacular the whole season although he is always free to screw up even more against my saints.
What i came here to ask you lot, how good is your backup guy cuz i barely know a thing about him?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

our backups are as bad or worse than delhomme because god forbid the joke have to feel any pressure. Luckily McCown got injured, because he is just terrible. Feeley is garbage and Moore has someone upside, but he seemingly hasnt gotten any better since arriving here and that upside is probably Delhomme when he was "good"
Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really, the best thing you could do at the moment is let delhomme sink or swim, and get mccoy or bradford...

i think he'll return to form, sorta. but, still have awful games like this... really, wait till week 2 to really get a grasp on his inability to do good jake bad jake

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure am happy we have your first round pick

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I sure am happy we have your first round pick
Yeah, I wouldn't say higher than middle of the pack though regardless of this game.

Good thing we traded you guys cause it doesn't look like your first rounder is working.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
really, the best thing you could do at the moment is let delhomme sink or swim, and get mccoy or bradford...
without a first round pick itll be tough to get either of them unless one of them slips to the second round
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if you guys saw this...but look what Smith has to say about Delhomme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUedOIuxWo

Last edited by Finz99 : 09-17-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Finz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After he says it, Jake is like "Thanks, I appreciate that" ... I kinda feel sorry for the guy,
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
After he says it, Jake is like "Thanks, I appreciate that" ... I kinda feel sorry for the guy,
So do I. I really hope he picks it up next week and atleast does well. I don't like to see anyone fail as bad as he has lately.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz99 View Post
I don't know if you guys saw this...but look what Smith has to say about Delhomme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUedOIuxWo
Yes, I've seen it, and it is obviously a joke. Of course half of the people who see this are socially awkward so they don't know how to perceive this situation.

Watch the entire video and you will see Smith joking the entire time. He says he got braces and his mouth is dry, he tells DeAngelo Williams to punch him so he can go in early, then DeAngelo say the same to him and they laugh.

Smith and Delhomme have been friends for a long time, Jake already knows he messed up, Smith doesn't need to say anything other than I'm still with you. He lightened the mood with a joke, it wasn't anything more.

Smith can lose his cool, but in the end he is still more loyal to his QB than a ton of receivers.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems every yr. some starting NFL iconic QB has an early meltdown, this yr it's Delhomme.

Apparently Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, & Jason Campbell are pretty much QB liabilities this season too.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-30-2009 at 05:13 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:50 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd take Delhomme over Edwards.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote