Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Who is no longer on the team to make room for him?
since Wade can return kicks and punts and we're loaded at RB would'nt surprised to see Savage be the odd man out
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

That would be a good signing...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
That would be a good signing...
I like the signing actually. I think Wade is an upgrade over Toomer and Lelie personally.

And, if he has the added value of returning punts/kicks, I'm all for it. We DEFINITELY need help in that department.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The question immediately turns as to who the Chiefs will releases Kansas City isn’t required to make a move until the signing becomes official with the league."

From Chiefs.com
Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs chop Turk McBride

At first I was caught off guard but really he was having a hard time with the move to LB he is much better fit at DE.

Last edited by Splat : 09-15-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Chiefs chop Turk McBride

At first I was caught off guard but really he was having a hard time with the move to LB he is much better fit at DE.
I was just about to post this. Yeah, he was struggling to make the transition. I think he could catch on somewhere, but he wasn't getting it done here.

As for Derrick Johnson:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ietly-demoted/

As most of you know, I'm a huge DJ fan, and I'd be pretty livid if he wasn't in our long term plans. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do with him, but when they demoted him and pushed him he came out in relief duty and had a quiet 2 tackle, 1 tfl, and 1 70 yard interception return.

I am hoping this is just a motivational tool, as our LB corp is pretty thin, and he is by far our best defender.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

It's amazing though with all of our cuts that nobody is getting picked up by other teams. That's usually a telling sign that your talent isn't much. I didn't realize how thin the roster was when Pioli took over. Hopefully some guys step up this year to help speed up the rebuilding process.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of Pioli's greatest strengths is his ability to know when a guy is done or useless. You don't see too many guys that were cut from New England making a big impact elsewhere in the league. They know when to let go of guys.

As far as DJ goes...he hasn't earned the job. The most important thing to Pioli and Haley is that at the very least, the players on the field don't make mistakes. Making plays is secondary to playing mistake-free football. Be in position and do your job. This is important because as long as guys are doing their job, coaches can make adjustments to their gameplan and play-calling.

As long as the players can minimize mistakes, they'll make games about schemes and play-calling rather than players v. players. This is the style of football the Chiefs are going to be playing from here on out. Once you get used to it and understand what's going on, things will be great (from a fan perspective).
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel may not start this week
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
One of Pioli's greatest strengths is his ability to know when a guy is done or useless. You don't see too many guys that were cut from New England making a big impact elsewhere in the league. They know when to let go of guys.

As far as DJ goes...he hasn't earned the job. The most important thing to Pioli and Haley is that at the very least, the players on the field don't make mistakes. Making plays is secondary to playing mistake-free football. Be in position and do your job. This is important because as long as guys are doing their job, coaches can make adjustments to their gameplan and play-calling.

As long as the players can minimize mistakes, they'll make games about schemes and play-calling rather than players v. players. This is the style of football the Chiefs are going to be playing from here on out. Once you get used to it and understand what's going on, things will be great (from a fan perspective).
You are out of your mind if you think Demorrio Williams earned a starting job. He was given it to try to motivate DJ. The guy can't tackle, is never in the right position, doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing in coverage and is probably the weakest part of our "starting" LB corp. Tamba Hali is a better all around LB right now and he's new to the position.

Last edited by vidae : 09-16-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah I want to see Derrick Johnson years into the future, if they get rid of him then I will be very angry as well. As for Turk he wasn't meant to be a LB as everyone has mentioned.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs added WR Lance Long to the practice squad..cut Rodney Wright to make room
Old 09-16-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Lions pounce on McBride

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Lions, Bears, and Jaguars submitted waiver claims for McBride's contract.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Yeah I want to see Derrick Johnson years into the future, if they get rid of him then I will be very angry as well. As for Turk he wasn't meant to be a LB as everyone has mentioned.
DJ won't be going anywhere. He can be a great LB, but he is way,way too inconsistent. One game he'll make a 90 yd int return, the next game he'll disappear. That's the story of his career.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
DJ won't be going anywhere. He can be a great LB, but he is way,way too inconsistent. One game he'll make a 90 yd int return, the next game he'll disappear. That's the story of his career.
In bold is the main reason there is talk of him going Todd and Scott do not want yo-yo players they want the same thing every week.

I'm not saying he is going but if the above does not change I think there is a chance King Carl is gone its do as we ask or bye bye.

And I'm not dissing DJ I love the guy and I'm also not telling you any thing you don't all ready know that is just the way things are ran now.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Bobby Wade: Ready to Contribute to Chiefs
Old 09-17-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is good news.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Cassel will be game-time decision

I think he is going to play.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Cassel will be game-time decision

I think he is going to play.
I watched an interview with him and he sounded pretty confident and it'd be great if we could get him out there to see what he can do with Bowe and our offense.

I'm also concerned with how Brandon Flowers is doing. We need him back asap.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Agreed Flowers is a must our D is no way the same with out him.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed Flowers is a must our D is no way the same with out him.

i agree on That^

and i was really impressed with Croyle in the second half last week so if Cassel cant go i'm looking forward to seeing how Brodie plays this week (at home).
Old 09-18-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OL will be a little better this week, and no disrespect to Oakland's front 7 (they're solid), but they're no Baltimore.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Richard Seymour looked good last weekend, 2 sacks all ready I think.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DJ has looked good in limited action thus far, but I'm wary. Not only is Williams starting in front of him as a motivational ploy, but he is in a contract year. I don't think I would give him a long term deal at this point in time, maybe give him a one year deal.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
DJ has looked good in limited action thus far, but I'm wary. Not only is Williams starting in front of him as a motivational ploy, but he is in a contract year. I don't think I would give him a long term deal at this point in time, maybe give him a one year deal.
I belive the coaching staff is doing a good thing with DJ. They are putting him on passing downs only and letting him play to his strengths which is what you always hear the New England does. So far it seems to be working well. The "contract year" is hard to determine also because if we go to an uncapped year which is looking more and more likely we will have DJ under control for the next two seasons.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote