Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-18-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice game, Canes. Like I've said before, college football is better when Miami is good.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cooper and Baby J are sexy.. I just wanted to share that with you all

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that really impresses me about Harris is that he doesnt lock on to 1 taget. I think 9 different receivers caught a pass. The guy has really turned into an elite passer.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 09-18-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

I love it.
That could really hurt someone.. :)

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
One thing that really impresses me from Harris is that he doesnt lock on to 1 taget. I think 9 different receivers caught a pass. The guy has really turned into an elite passer.
I competely agree he spreads it around so much, i think he hit up 9 different targets in the GT tech game with 8 in the FSU game he has impressed me throwing but i was expecting him to be a little better at getting out of the pocket
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not as fast as you would think by looking at him(because he's black and most people think that means super speed in a QB), but he is pretty quick and athletic when it comes to moving around the pocket, and that's way more important IMO(just look at Brady and Manning, their mobility in the pocket is what makes them so dangerous)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
That could really hurt someone.. :)
Not as much as a helmet wielded like an axe.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Almost a flawless games last night. Shut the option down completely. Loved the way our D played, unlike week 1. Offense can score at will. Loved it.

Only a few negatives that i cud see.
Have to do something about special teams. If im not mistaken Damien Berry made nice tackles both games,props. They started at the 40 4 times. Made me feel that much better about our D tho.

Not sure it was the wrong way to go, but I think we needed to step on them when they were down. Could of won a lot bigger, and would have skyrocketed up the polls. Could of gave us a lot of lee weigh in case we loose in the future. Also could of gotten Highsmith some reps. And even though Bosher is automatic, 2 many things cud go wrong when planing for field goals. I understand how we tried to keep the ball out of the GT's hands, but I think we packed it in way too early. A quarter and a half of just running down the clock(Even tho our run game was working). Got to kick them when their down.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Why does Snead have 'much' more upside??

Come back in two years when Harris is a senior...
Arm strength I'd imagine. Harris doesn't really have it, Snead does. I love Harris' poise, decision making (how many different receivers did he hit on Thurs?) and accuracy, but he doesn't seem to have an NFL quality arm sadly. Perhaps he can work on it, but I'm not so sure.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
Arm strength I'd imagine. Harris doesn't really have it, Snead does. I love Harris' poise, decision making (how many different receivers did he hit on Thurs?) and accuracy, but he doesn't seem to have an NFL quality arm sadly. Perhaps he can work on it, but I'm not so sure.
Harris doesn't have a cannon by any means but he's not Chad Pennington either. He's got enough arm to make all the throws.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Harris doesn't have a cannon by any means but he's not Chad Pennington either. He's got enough arm to make all the throws.
He also has room to fill out, so his arm strength now and his arm strength his senior year will probably be much different.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope he does (fill out that is) 'cos he's a joy to watch. Just at the moment he doesn't appear to have great arm strength - for example I doubt he could hit a 15 yard out in the NFL (which is the bench mark for arm strength).
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you guys think they'll be ranked this week?
Old 09-19-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to take a random guess maybe 13th or 14th.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
If I had to take a random guess maybe 13th or 14th.
You think this team is for real and can keep it going? Is this year different?
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
You think this team is for real and can keep it going? Is this year different?
Did you see VT at Nerbraska? If they play like that, we will wax them to and move into the top 10.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UM ranked 9th in the AP.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-20-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
UM ranked 9th in the AP.
****. Not good.

We have been thriving as the underdog so far.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea I figured it would be closer to the 13-15 range, but I doubt it will have any effect on this team. Just need to go out and justify that ranking next week.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-20-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Yea I figured it would be closer to the 13-15 range, but I doubt it will have any effect on this team. Just need to go out and justify that ranking next week.
I figured we'd be higher when teams like USC, BYU, Utah and Nebraska all lost ahead of us. But I was thinking more like 11ish. Not top 10.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It means absolutely nothing right now, gotta win the next two games. The 'underdog' theory is vastly overrated and won't have any effect what so ever in how we play.

Just gotta go out and do our thing.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It means absolutely nothing right now, gotta win the next two games. The 'underdog' theory is vastly overrated and won't have any effect what so ever in how we play.

Just gotta go out and do our thing.
I'm a believer in not messing with things while they are working. We were winning games as an underdog. No need to change it. Unfortunately we have to see how the team responds.

We will likely be favored against VT and OU now.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a believer in not messing with things while they are working. We were winning games as an underdog. No need to change it. Unfortunately we have to see how the team responds.

We will likely be favored against VT and OU now.

I get it, but that's just a fan being superstitious. Has as much of an outcome as changing uniforms. We aren't winning because we are underdogs, we are winning because we are more talented.

But I get it.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if you guys were watching the Texas-TT game, but Herbstreit and Musberger were pumping us the whole game. One of them even said we're a top 5 team based on how we played (not taking preseason rankings into account). Another said Jacory is a Heisman frontrunner.

It's no coincidence that we're in the top 10 now. The media is all over us. College football fans have been wanting this for a while. Now we just have to do our thing like Hollywood said.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote