Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 09-13-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the help my FF team really took a hit with players going down I'm in a real jam at WR. :(
Old 09-13-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick up Garcon, hopefully he does an awesome job helping the Colts win and helping your team win.

Any chance Devery Henderson is available in your league?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Pick up Garcon, hopefully he does an awesome job helping the Colts win and helping your team win.

No DH is gone but I did pick up his teammate Lance Moore I all most took Lee Evans over Gonzo but I didn't like the Bills OL or QB so took a shot on Gonzo I fail.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290913011

Quote:
Sources confirmed an NFL.com report to ESPN's Adam Schefter that Gonzalez had a strained ligament in his knee and will likely miss at least a few weeks.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God no...

At least its not THAT bad. Comon Garçon!!!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...3/week1/1.html

Quote:
Bill Polian told me after the game that the Colts, even if Anthony Gonzalez's knee injury is more than a one-month deal, wouldn't consider bringing Marvin Harrison out of retirement.
I know there are some Colts fans who feel otherwise and love Harrison, so I won't get into it here, but I'll just that for myself I am very, very pleased hearing this. Hopefully it's true, I think this is definitely the right course of action.

Quote:
Tony Dungy said something interesting on our NBC set: That Polian's comment says to him that Peyton Manning is comfortable with rookie Austin Collie in the slot and Pierre Garcon as the outside bookend for Reggie Wayne.
That's absolutely part of it. These two young guys are talented, quick, hungry, willing to mix it up physically and block. They bring a lot to the team. Plus having Harrison back not only stunts their promising development but in my opinion he hurts everyone's production/numbers. Everyone on the offense, everyone on the team, is worse off if Harrison is back with the Colts.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The major problem was the Peyton Manning developed an over reliance on Marvin Harrison. Looking to Marvin first on every play might have worked a couple of years ago but Peyton was treating Marvin almost like he was still playing at his 2004 level. Marvin Harrison still has skills but he isn't his old self and so they need to get rid of Peyton's safety net before it became really unsafe to use it.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, we should stick with our current WRs. Bring up a PS player if need be while Gonzo is out.

I know I shouldn't say this after one missed 52 yard FG, but I think AV is done. I hope I'm wrong.

Offense looked ugly yesterday. Wayne was good but dropped a pass that would've put him close to 200 yards receiving. It was a tough catch but that is what superstar #1 WRs do. Dallas wasn't very well-used. The running game looked better than the numbers said, the play calling was just crap. It seemed like Addai or Brown would get into a groove running between the tackles, and they'd start trying to run the stretch, or would just go back to passing. Then they'd try running again at stupid times. And for as many times as they tried the stretch, they only ran what, one play action pass?

Defense looked pretty good. I'm tired of seeing our guys bounce off of MJD but he is hard to tackle for anybody. They need to work on stopping those cutback and delayed handoff runs, they're still over-committing on those and it hurts. Hayden and Powers looked great in coverage, Hagler looked like he deserved to start, Brackett blitzed successfully (twice!), Mathis and Freeney were in Garrard's face a lot, and big Mook Johnson was throwing his weight around at times. When Ed Johnson gets back the two of them are gonna really do some work.

I didn't notice much from Session or either of the safeties.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, we should stick with our current WRs. Bring up a PS player if need be while Gonzo is out.
The problem is just finding room in the 53 man Roster. To bring in the likes of Taj Smith they would need to cut someone.

Quote:
I know I shouldn't say this after one missed 52 yard FG, but I think AV is done. I hope I'm wrong.
It was his first kick and it was a 50 plus yarder. Vinatieri was never brilliant from the long range kicks. If a kicker makes a 52 yard kick then he has made a good kick. Get it slightly wrong and you will miss. Wait until he starts missing the 40 and 30 yard kicks before we call for the axe.

Quote:
Offense looked ugly yesterday. Wayne was good but dropped a pass that would've put him close to 200 yards receiving. It was a tough catch but that is what superstar #1 WRs do. Dallas wasn't very well-used. The running game looked better than the numbers said, the play calling was just crap. It seemed like Addai or Brown would get into a groove running between the tackles, and they'd start trying to run the stretch, or would just go back to passing. Then they'd try running again at stupid times. And for as many times as they tried the stretch, they only ran what, one play action pass?
Reggie had what like 10 catches. If he does that every game I'm not gonna criticise him for the odd drop. The Offense should some stuttering but they lost a major player inside the 1st Quarter. You lose your #2 WR and you will struggle as he would be involved on every play. Not having Gonzo there meant they had to run different plays with different people. I didn't feel Manning was too confident in Garcon all night and it could take a game or 2 for that confidence to build up.

The PA pass only works well if the Defense is geared for the Run. The stretch play didn't work at all last night and as such the they couldn't really do Play Action.

Quote:
I didn't notice much from Session or either of the safeties.
That's probably a good thing. Jones-Drew ran mostly in the A gap or outside the tackle to the strongside. Neither are gonna draw a helluva lot of attention from the WILL backer. I thought Bullitt was involved pretty well in the run defense and the Jags never really passed the ball deep so on passing downs you wouldn't really hear about the Safeties. It's why Jerraud Powers and Kelvin Hayden made lots of plays last night.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
The problem is just finding room in the 53 man Roster. To bring in the likes of Taj Smith they would need to cut someone.
Actually I think that's fairly easy: cut Tom Santi and sign him to the Practice Squad. The guy isn't healthy and won't be 100% (relatively speaking) very soon, judging from what Polian said around final cuts time.

Quote:
It was his first kick and it was a 50 plus yarder. Vinatieri was never brilliant from the long range kicks. If a kicker makes a 52 yard kick then he has made a good kick. Get it slightly wrong and you will miss. Wait until he starts missing the 40 and 30 yard kicks before we call for the axe.
I heard Vinny had the distance? I didn't pay particular attention, but if so that's good news. But yeah, you don't send a kicker who's not quite 100 percent out for a 52-yard FG. Especially when the scoreboard only says 14-6, it's not like the Colts had such a lead that they could afford to throw caution to the wind.

Btw, additional note:

Yesterday had the best home crowd in the Oil Drum yet, I thought. Great home crowd yesterday, it was close to the RCA Dome days. Well done, Colts fans.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...+season-ending

Quote:
Gonzalez's injury not season-ending
By Mike Chappell

The injury to his right knee that Anthony Gonzalez sustained in Sunday's win over Jacksonville will not knock the Indianapolis Colts veteran wide receiver out for the season.

Team president Bill Polian said on his evening radio show that "there is some sprained ligaments and we know that it isn't year-ending.

"The fact that it's not season-ending is a good thing."

Polian said further details regarding Gonzalez's status wouldn't be available until after he met with the team's medical staff later tonight.

A source close to Gonzalez said that Gonzalez could miss up to six weeks with the injury. Polian didn't offer a timetable for Gonzalez's return, but said the team likely would sign a veteran to help fill Gonzalez's void if Gonzalez would miss more than four weeks.

"We could add a veteran receiver," Polian said. "We'll talk about that tonight or tomorrow."

That veteran won't be Marvin Harrison. The 36-year old was released by the Colts in February and remains a free agent.

"It really is counterproductive to try to bring a player in who has not had any training camp, not had any offseason," Polian said. "That's especially true of someone at Marvin's age.

"It's very, very difficult to do and you're probably inviting injury upon injury."
Old 09-18-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Default 2009 Regular Season - Week 2: Miami

at

2009 Regular Season - Week 2: Miami

Line-up is subject to change as injuries become known:-

Indianapolis Colts

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Joseph Addai
H-B: Gijon Robinson
TE: Dallas Clark
LWR: Reggie Wayne
RWR: Pierre Garçon
LT: Charlie Johnson
LG: Ryan Lilja
C: Jeff Saturday
RG: Mike Pollak
RT: Ryan Diem

LE: Raheem Brock
UT: Ed Johnson
NT: Antonio Johnson
RE: Dwight Freeney
WLB: Clint Session
MLB: Gary Brackett
SLB: Tyjuan Hagler
LCB: Kelvin Hayden
RCB: Marlin Jackson
FS: Antoine Bethea
SS: Melvin Bullitt

PK: Adam Vinatieri
P: Pat McAfee
H: Pat McAfee
LS: Justin Snow
KR: Chad Simpson
PR: TJ Rushing

Current Injuries:

Anthony Gonzalez - WR: Out
Tom Santi – TE: Out
Charlie Johnson - OT: Probable
Jamey Richard - OG: Probable
Jamie Silva – S: Questionable
Bob Sanders – S: Doubtful

Miami Dolphins

QB: Chad Pennington
RB: Ronnie Brown
FB: Lousaka Polite
TE: Anthony Fasano
LWR: Ted Ginn
RWR: Greg Camarillo
LT: Jake Long
LG: Justin Smiley
C: Jake Grove
RG: Donald Thomas
RT: Vernon Carey

LE: Kendall Langford
RE: Randy Starks
NT: Jason Ferguson
JLB: Joey Porter
WLB: Channing Crowder
MLB: Akin Ayodele
SLB: Jason Taylor
LCB: Will Allen
RCB: Sean Smith
FS: Gibril Wilson
SS: Yeremiah Bell

PK: Dan Carpenter
P: Brandon Fields
H: Brandon Fields
LS: John Denney
KR: Ted Ginn
PR: Davone Bess

Current Injuries:

Akin Ayodele - LB: Probable

Matchup

The Colts injury worries aren't as pronounced as they were last week against the Jaguars, and they now have Ed Johnson back in the Defensive Tackle rotation. The Colts need to keep the Wildcat under control and the Offense needs to kick it up a gear.

Pass Offense:

The loss of Anthony Gonzalez will put huge pressure on the Passing attack. Manning hasn't always been sure of himself against the 3-4 Defense (historically struggled against the likes of San Diego and New England) so he needs to get those jitters out of his system in this game before he faces the better defences. Big games are needed from the Offensive Line as the interior line is undersized and coming up against a large Defensive front while an unpredictable blitz package could give the Tackles a lot of trouble. You could see the team keeping the likes of Addai and/or the H-Back in on passing situations. Manning needs to be ready to throw the ball a lot to the likes of the Running Backs, H-Back and the other Receivers as there is a good chance that the Dolphins will blanket Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark. The key thing could be trying to create a mismatch by having Clark and Wayne playing beside each other. They can't put the Safety on both players and if Reggie gets 1on1 with the Corner he will win while Clark will win if he is put up against the likes of Jason Taylor, or the Nickel Back. The Dolphins did poorly against Tony Gonzalez so so you could see Dallas Clark doing quite well.

Run Offense:

The 2 Gap Defensive Line of the Dolphins will make the Colts struggle to run the ball. The 3-4 Defense is, for all intense and purposes, a 5-2. It means running to the outside (we were terrible running to the right hand side last week) will be difficult but also running up the gut could be very difficult as well with our undersized line having a lot of trouble moving the big Nose Tackle and the 5 Techniques. The Offensive Line will need to be at their best to be able to even have a modest Running Game. That being said the Dolphins Front 7 lacks athleticism and if the Colts (even only on one or two plays) can break through the line you could see a big, big gain.

Pass Defense:

The key problem the Colts will have in defending the pass is that they will be geared towards the Run all day. The Dolphins don't have big threats at Receiver nor a Quarterback who can throw the ball deep. With this you could see the team bringing Brackett out of coverage more often and also bringing Melvin Bullitt into the box more often, to shore up against the Run. This opens up the possibility of a big play. The team need to get the Dolphins into obvious passing situations. The entire Dolphins offense is based on the Run. Their Offensive Line (why very good at Run Blocking) aren't overly brilliant against the Pass Rush. They need the Dolphins to pass and then have Freeney and Mathis go crazy and have put Pennington under real pressure. The Falcons got real pressure on him last week and, while he had a good completion rate, he also had to rely on getting the ball out quicker and the Colts quick Defense could then have a very good day.

Run Defense:

The Dolphins are, completely and utterly, a Run first team. The key thing to stopping them is stopping the Run. Their Offensive Line is designed to run the ball and so the Colts Defensive Line needs to have a big day. Mookie had a good day against Jacksonville and we have Ed Johnson back. Those two need to have big days against the Dolphins. The team need to be disciplined about the Wildcat (on one play against Jacksonville they completely dominated the Jaguars on it) and they need to make the Dolphins go away from it early. The Dolphins get a lot of good runs to the outside so the team need the Cornerbacks to do well against the Run as well (Jerraud Powers was very good in this regard last week, in my opinion).

Special Teams:

If the team don't run the ball well but the Dolphins do run the ball well, it could turn into a bit of a Field Position game. Pat McAfee showed a lot of promise last week and he and the coverage team needs to continue in this form. Chad Simpson needs to show more this week. He threatened one good return against the Jaguars and needs to do more against the Dolphins. Similar to the Jaguars, the Dolphins have very good Returners and so the coverage teams need be really on their game. Vinatieri never really had an opportunity to show that he has healed properly but this could, like last week, be a low scoring game and so the team need him to take the opportunities presented.

Prediction Colts - 21 vs Dolphins - 13

Old 09-18-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

First off, Parcells builds his teams big, tall, and strong. Built to stop the run.

And I expect that a Parcells defense will stop the Colts' running game, especially with the current offensive line. That makes the Colts offense one-dimensional.

We saw all of this in 2006, when the Colts played the Parcells' Cowboys in Dallas. Parcells used his knowledge of Peyton and the Colts, from the AFC East days. The Cowboys ended up winning the game 21-14 and ended the Colts' undefeated streak, a game in which the Colts didn't play well at all and make major mistakes.

Video

Pretty sure Parcells had the defensive backs play pretty physical. That turned into a major bonus for that game thanks to Marvin Harrison, which isn't a problem now thankfully. But I'm not sure Dallas Clark is that effective when he's really played physical. We'll see, especially as now the Colts will likely try to use him all over the field and attack the defense. Clark needs to play well in this game for the Colts to win.

Even though I expect that cornerback to have safety help with him at all times, I still think it will be interesting to see which corner Miami puts on Wayne: veteran Will Allen or one of the two rookies they rotate. Allen plays LCB, which would have him defend against Garcon. Roddy White would have scored a 49-TD on rookie Sean Smith last weekend if Matt Ryan threw the ball accurately on that play. Plus the Colts can/will line Reggie Wayne anywhere on the field.

Thankfully the Colts get their best DT ED Johnson back on the field, not to mention all the other talented DTs on the roster (especially versus that 06 game). Polian is gushing about Antonio Johnson for the Jags game, hopefully Mookie plays at a similar level against the Dolphins. And Jake Long has struggled with speedy pass rushers all preseason and against the Falcons - he was over powered badly too at times that game, Freeney should use his bull rush too.

This is a tough game. Even though I don't buy Miami as a legit contender in any way, the Dolphins are well-built at every area except WR. Their safeties are Yeremiah Bell and Gibril Wilson, maybe there's something for the Colts to attack there. Look at how the Dolphins defense played the Falcons (again though Ryan had some inaccurate passes that would have led to more points, plus Elam missed one or two FGs).

Hopefully the Colts use a lot of short passing to the RBs to allow Peyton efficient passes and to move the chains. Make OLBs Jason Taylor and Joey Porter chase the RBs around the field, see if their old legs will hold up to pass rushing, and also see how well their 3-4 ILBs playing in coverage. I hope Moore and Peyton pass the ball to the RBs a lot, as usual.

I think the Colts will win this game, but it's probably close. A FG difference.

Last edited by Geo : 09-18-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Manning feels good about Baskett, McAfee to do kickoffs

http://indyfootballreport.com/index....3626#more-3626

I have always been wanting this, I can see AV's legs tired towards the end of the season, it would probably be wise to save his legs for the FGs. I can see AV being let go at the end of this season or his contract re-structured because he costs too much for someone who makes maybe 70% of his kicks and his kickoffs rarely get past the 10 yard line.

I can see a kicker like Aaron Pettrey from Ohio State or someone like that drafted in round 7.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I'm not worried about Vinatieri's legs this season.

But will the Colts draft a kicker after this season and move on? Probably.

Then again if Vinatieri proves to be a major factor in the Colts reaching and winning Super Bowl XLIV, they could stick with him for another year.

I'm not sure how well McAfee is on kickoffs, hopefully he does well. And that he doesn't get worn out, although come on, it's not like he's got so much work to do. ;)
Old 09-18-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AV kicking FGs only should really save some wear and tear on his leg. He could be around for a long time, isn't Morton Anderson like 70 years old by now?

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Talking about Devery Henderson

Quote:

I have a dilemma for a FLEX position where I can play an RB/WR/TE.

I have Anquan Boldin (@Jags), Devery Henderson (@Phi), John Carlson (@SF), Joseph Addai (@Mia), and Carnell Williams (@Buf) to choose from.

Who do you think I should play? If Boldin was healthy, I would have played him normally but with his health issues, I am leaning towards either John Carlson or Carnell Williams (Henderson and Addai have tough matchups). Any thoughts?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I agree with your thoughts, I'd probably go Carlson.

But I'm eager to see how Addai does against the Dolphins.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default Me too

Quote:

But I'm eager to see how Addai does against the Dolphins.
If Addai scores a TD against that Dolphins run D, something that Michael Turner could not, I will play Addai for my flex every single week (except the bye week and maybe the Ravens week:)).

I have a feeling Donald Brown may take off in this game, just a hunch. I still think the Colts' best chances of running is between the guard and the tackle on the right side where our bigger linemen are (Pollak has shown a lot of improvement to me plus Ryan Diem is rock solid there). To make it better, send Eric Foster in that gap as a FB as well, that probably guarantees a must have 1 or 2 yards most of the time.

That is why I did not understand why we tried running outside the tackles on obvious running downs at the end of the game because our TEs are not the greatest run blockers when it is an obvious run down.

Call it a blessing in disguise, I think the addition of Baskett with the presence of additional dependence on Garcon will actually improve our run blocking on the WR front.

Last edited by chad72 : 09-19-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

The Jags are much more used to playing against the Colts than the Dolphins are, that's probably why the Jags have played the Colts' run well the last few games, keeping them to a low average.

Maybe we see that dynamic on the field Monday.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Guys, the Colts have a great opportunity tonight.

The Pats, Steelers, Chargers, Titans, and Jags all lost yesterday. The only unbeaten teams right now are the Jets (who look pretty good), the Ravens (who have an offense now but their defense isn't what it was), and the lucky Broncos. Now is the time to really step on the gas and get out to an early lead in the AFC.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Let's hope so.

I'm wondering if we'll see the Colts really push the issue with the no-huddle tonight, to get that Dolphins' 3-4 defense winded. Possible with Collie and Garcon?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Let's hope so.

I'm wondering if we'll see the Colts really push the issue with the no-huddle tonight, to get that Dolphins' 3-4 defense winded. Possible with Collie and Garcon?
I assume they will simplify the offense some, with Baskett still learning and Collie and Garcon having increased roles. I don't know if that means more or less huddles.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-21-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default Passing to RBs is critical

Geo is right, Peyton using the RBs and TEs underneath will gas their aging defense. Last year, the reason the Dolphins were good was because Pennington could move the chains with dinks and dunks thus allowing the aging D's legs to be fresh. We need to do the same to tire their legs.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Default The Stretch Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede Blue

What I didn't like

The stretch play. It's not that I have a problem with the play itself, just the guys up front trying to block for it. I think Ryan Lilja might be a little rusty on it, but what is the excuse for Diem and Pollak? Running to the right side was an automatic loss of yards. The Jaguars front 7 is not that good. Donald Brown and Joseph Addai are good running backs who should be able to run all over this defense. There needs to be some changes on the offensive line, starting with the right side of it.

The right side of the line is a mess. Mike Pollak is looking more and more like a bust. The stretch play to the right side is a death sentence. Any run to the right side is a death sentence. Almost every decent run was to the left side. Right tackle and right guard are the two biggest concerns on the team. There was no run blocking on the right side. Peyton got clobbered by a Jaguar coming from the right side of the line. I'm worried about the O-line.
Let's set the record straight. I agree with the first couple of words. I didn't like the stretch play either. I completely disagree though with Colts Homer's analysis of this. The stretch play did not break down because of Mike Pollak or Ryan Diem. It broke down because of three players. Those three players are Pierre Garcon, Dallas Clark and Jeff Saturday. I drew some nice little diagrams to show why (I have way too much time on my hands!).

When run correctly, the Stretch Play has the Defensive Linemen taken by the Right Guard and the Right Tackle. The Receiver blocks his Cornerback and the Tight End and the Center are to take on the Linebackers, leaving the Running Back one on one with the Safety. The problem the Colts had was Jeff Saturday wasn't getting out fast enough, while Garcon was constantly letting Mathis free, and we all know that Dallas Clark isn't the greatest Run Blocker either. The Colts had problems running the Stretch Play, but it wasn't Mike Pollak or Ryan Diem's fault.