Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 09-13-2009, 04:07 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Post The Official St. Louis Rams 2009 Season Discussion Thread

Pre-Season: 3-1

@ NY Jets (W: 23-20)
Atlanta (L: 20-13)
@ Cincinnati (W: 24-21)
Kansas City (W: 17-9)

Regular Season Schedule:
1-9

Week 1: @ Seattle (L: 28-0)
Week 2: @ Washington (L: 9-7)
Week 3: Green Bay (L: 36-17)
Week 4: @ San Francisco (L: 35-0)
Week 5: Minnesota (L: 38-10)
Week 6: @ Jacksonville (L: 23-20 OT)
Week 7: Indianapolis (L: 42-6)
Week 8: @ Detroit (W: 17-10)
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: New Orleans (L: 28-23)
Week 11: Arizona (L: 21-13)
Week 12: Seattle
Week 13: @ Chicago
Week 14: @ Tennessee
Week 15: Houston
Week 16: @ Arizona
Week 17: San Francisco

Last edited by KCJ58 : 11-23-2009 at 02:52 AM.
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:15 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the game! I hate 3:00 games, I would rather they play at Noon. I think they'll fight and be a lot more competitive than they were the past few seasons.

Win or Lose tomorrow I don't really care, I just want to see progress and signs that the team is turning it around.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

turnovers is the key to our season, 2 already in the 1st quarter

Old 09-13-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

wow our offense looked bad, nothing postive about his game that I can say, hopefully we can pull it together and get a win like last year in Washington

Old 09-14-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
wow our offense looked bad, nothing postive about his game that I can say, hopefully we can pull it together and get a win like last year in Washington
Hey, Donnie Jones is set up for back to back team MVPs. They are only going to win 2-4 games. I just hope they can be more competitive.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Hopefully NG can sticky this
Consider it done!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There were a lot of positives........

1. This team fought for 60 minutes, never gave up. Might not think that's a big deal, but the past few years the Rams have had no fight in them, especially when things go bad.

2. 3 turnovers by the Defense

3. Bulger and The Offensive Line played well, just some dumb penalties that absolutely killed drives.

4. The Secondary looked solid, Jonathan Wade gave up a few big plays but you can tell he is soo much better than Tye Hill

5. Donnie Jones is a beast.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is kinda hard to tell by looking at gamecast on NFL.com, and looking at stats and highlights and tell like I have to do to find some positives. But I have heard some positives from people who watched. The way it sounded to me is that we got to quit the dumbass pentalies. Incognito, 4 false starts, and the 12 men on the field (kinda hate the fact they can review that). But hey, we went to Washington last year and beat them, so there is some hope from me. My goal for this team is 5 wins, but it is looking like another 2-14 season.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, there were some positives to take away from today. And I have faith that Spagnuolo and company are moving in the right direction. Still, it was disappointing to see Spagnuolo's Rams seemingly so undisciplined. I hope that's something we can get corrected as the season progresses.

This will be a work in progress, not a quick fix. The Rams fought hard yesterday, but just aren't quite good enough to overcome the number of negative plays they also had. I think they'll continue to get better.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My points of the game...

1) The first 1 1/2 quarters and the last quarter the defense played great., seeing turnovers was beautiful...I won't talk about the other quarter and a half...

2) So far the draft this year finally looks great, Laurinitis and Smith looked damn good, I didn't catch Fletcher or Scott (anyone see them)

3) If Jackson doesn't hit the holes like he did in 2006, he had finally learned not to dance in the backfield and now that what he did...he didn't have a bad game though, but it was just juke-juke and then 4 yards...

I also thought the officiating was terrible and extremely one-sided...there were some ridiculous calls against us and some that they refused to call against Seattle (that o-line was clipping way too much). That pissed me off...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:23 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Rockio.....I don't think Scott or Fletcher played. I don't know, the only Corners I saw in the game were Bartell, Wade and King. And I didn't see Scott but who knows not like the D-Line made any plays anyways!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap this forum is pretty dead.

Anyway, you guys picked up Ruvell Martin.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Holy crap this forum is pretty dead.

Anyway, you guys picked up Ruvell Martin.
Care to offer some thoughts about him seeing as how he's a former Packer?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Care to offer some thoughts about him seeing as how he's a former Packer?
Well he was our 5th WR last season and was cut this year in favor of Brett Swain. However he is a lot better than you would think from that. He has had a career path that's very unusual. He has progressed and improved each year, but has also seen a decline in playing time each year. He had a nice rookie year where he worked his way up the depth chart to the #3 WR and even made a couple starts. Then we drafted James Jones and he was pushed back to 4th. He played better than his rookie year and caught 4 TDs, but both his catches and yards decreased. After 2007 we took Jordy Nelson and Martin slipped to 5th on the depth chart. He only saw time in our Big 5 set and specialty package due to how many good receivers we had in front of him. Then this season it was really a shock that he got cut. He was clearly the better receiver than Swain, but I guess the coaches wanted to keep Swain for his special teams and wanted to get Finley involved in the Big 5.

He is a big receiver at 6'4" 220lbs, and can be the endzone threat that his size would lead you to believe. Of his 6 career TDs 4 of them were inside the redzone, and he has also caught a two point conversion. He can also get it done outside of the redzone though. He does have a career average of 14.4.

Ruvell Martin will be at least your #3 as soon as he learns the St. Louis offense and should be a starter before the year ends. He is easily better than every receiver on the Rams besides Donnie Avery.

Besides football, he is also a great person. I think what the coaches and players said about him after he was cut explains a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jennings
Jennings was fairly bummed that his good friend, training camp roommate and spades partner Ruvell Martin was among those cut. "Man, this was a tough one I think for all of us," Jennings said. "He's just a great guy. Great family-oriented guy, he stands for all the right things. You want a guy like that to stick around and you understand that it's a business and unfortunately for him he's not with us. He has an opportunity to not be as deep on the depth chart somewhere else. So hopefully he gets an opportunity to showcase his talents."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCarthy
"The Ruvell Martin decision, personally it tears you up because of the type of person that Ruvell is and what he has meant to us as a team and as a teammate. He's been a productive player. I told Ruvell that if we were to have a billboard and wanted to put a picture of someone that exemplifies a Green Bay Packer, we would put his picture up."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvell Martin
Interesting note on Brett Swain, courtesy of Lori Nickel. Swain was the first person Martin called after finding out he was cut. "Saturday was actually really nerve-wracking. You never know what is going to happen. I didnít get a call until about 1:30. This is how good of a man Ruvell Martin is Ė he called me at about 1:30 in the afternoon and he said that he wanted to give me an early congratulations. It touched my heart and thatís one thing I will learn from him. Heís taught me since Iíve been here, be a good person and have good character. I love Ruvell for that."
He was also very involved in the community and participated in all the charity events ran by the Packers or his teammates. He's someone you want to root for and I really hope he does well in St. Louis. It sucks to see him go, but it'll be cool for him to get a real chance and get to play rather than be the 5th WR in Green Bay.

I know I'm talking him up quite a bit, and that's not normal to do for someone who was cut, but he really is a good guy and good player. I'm suprised we couldn't trade him for a pick rather than cutting him. There are a number of teams that he could be the #3 WR on.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Well he was our 5th WR last season and was cut this year in favor of Brett Swain. However he is a lot better than you would think from that. He has had a career path that's very unusual. He has progressed and improved each year, but has also seen a decline in playing time each year. He had a nice rookie year where he worked his way up the depth chart to the #3 WR and even made a couple starts. Then we drafted James Jones and he was pushed back to 4th. He played better than his rookie year and caught 4 TDs, but both his catches and yards decreased. After 2007 we took Jordy Nelson and Martin slipped to 5th on the depth chart. He only saw time in our Big 5 set and specialty package due to how many good receivers we had in front of him. Then this season it was really a shock that he got cut. He was clearly the better receiver than Swain, but I guess the coaches wanted to keep Swain for his special teams and wanted to get Finley involved in the Big 5.

He is a big receiver at 6'4" 220lbs, and can be the endzone threat that his size would lead you to believe. Of his 6 career TDs 4 of them were inside the redzone, and he has also caught a two point conversion. He can also get it done outside of the redzone though. He does have a career average of 14.4.

Ruvell Martin will be at least your #3 as soon as he learns the St. Louis offense and should be a starter before the year ends. He is easily better than every receiver on the Rams besides Donnie Avery.

Besides football, he is also a great person. I think what the coaches and players said about him after he was cut explains a lot.

He was also very involved in the community and participated in all the charity events ran by the Packers or his teammates. He's someone you want to root for and I really hope he does well in St. Louis. It sucks to see him go, but it'll be cool for him to get a real chance and get to play rather than be the 5th WR in Green Bay.

I know I'm talking him up quite a bit, and that's not normal to do for someone who was cut, but he really is a good guy and good player. I'm suprised we couldn't trade him for a pick rather than cutting him. There are a number of teams that he could be the #3 WR on.
after reading this (great post btw) I'm excited to see this guy get on the field, I do remember him in Green Bay I was very impressed by him in the games I saw him on in his Rookie Year, i was wondering what had happen to him, I'm no really glad we picked this guy up

Old 09-16-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Thanks for the write-up. Hopefully he emerges and becomes this team's #3 receiver. I have a hard time believing a guy cut during the season is going to come in and start, especially with the way Laurent Robinson is playing and played during the pre-season. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if he takes the third job from Keenan Burton, who has done next to nothing so far.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Well, I thought that the Rams showed a couple of positive things that they can build on in Washington. I thought they looked better in a number of areas. I think they showed that they're building in the right direction, and might be able to be more competitive even by later in the season. They're just not quite there yet.

Bulger looked good, IMO. He was under duress most of the day, but the primary reason he was only sacked once was because he was firing the ball out of the there very quickly. He stepped up into the pocket to make throws, threw with defenders in his face, and threw knowing he was going to get clobbered. Except for 2-3 throws, he made very good, accurate decisions. His fade TD pass was well executed.

Jackson had a good day as well. I thought he ran with a good deal of authority, although he bounced the run outside a few times when he should have followed his blockers. On the play prior to Avery's fumble, Jackson could have had a first down if not a touchdown had he ran forward into the large hole in the middle of the line. Instead he bounced it outside and was stopped for no gain. But this was a small complaint on a day where Jackson passed the 100-yard mark in large part thanks to a huge run that was opened on the right side of the line. I'd still like to see Jackson more involved in the offense, especially since this game was never out of hand. The Rams running game appeared to be getting stronger at the end of the day than it was at the beginning; some more runs in the second half may have helped the offense move the ball more effectively and score.

The offensive line appeared to be slightly better than the Week One showing but I don't think they made huge improvements. Pass protection was still iffy, and the run blocking showed flashes but was hardly consistently good. Incognito had another penalty but it was declined. The only times I noticed Richie were (1) Jackson's big run, where he made two nice blocks, and (2) the 4-5 other times when he didn't do his job and it was painfully obvious on replay. Barron did not have an exceptionally good day, with two holding penalties. Jason Smith was still a bit hot and cold but I think he's improving.

Laurent Robinson is stepping up to be this team's #1 receiver. Great acquisition. I just hope he can stay healthy, because so far, no one else has really shown the ability to make an impact. After a promising rookie season, Donnie Avery's only impact this year has been for the other team. He had a number of drops this weekend and fumbled the ball inside the Redskins 10-yard line. If the Rams don't turn the ball over there, it's very probable they come away from that drive with points, which puts them in the lead. Who knows how the game goes after that. Avery has not had a strong start to the season, but he's talented and has a good head on his shoulders, so I hope he rebounds. Burton showed some flashes but I wouldn't be surprised if Martin overtakes him as the third receiver. Stanley has now been cut (per Twitter) and replaced by Danny Amendola, who according to Rotoworld, "has a history with coordinator Pat Shurmur." It sounds as if he'll be the kick/punt returner at this point.

Defensively, this was the ultimate bend-but-don't-break performance. And there was a lot of bending. Except for the near-safety, the Rams didn't get much pressure on Jason Campbell at all. The new DT that the Rams got from waivers - LeJuan Ramsey, I believe - showed some good push from the interior line. But Leonard Little and Chris Long need to do a better job getting some pressure from the edges. The few times they did, it seemed like Campbell had no problem stepping up into the pocket because there wasn't much push there. Many of the Rams' blitzes did not get to Campbell, leaving holes in the secondary that he exploited quite easily.

Linebacker-wise, I wasn't blown away. Witherspoon seemed to be blocked out of many of the running plays way too easily, but he made a nice deflection at the goalline to prevent a touchdown. I didn't notice much of Laurinaitis until the final fourth-down stop near the end of the game where he was all over Portis when Clinton tried to cut the play wide. Overall I thought the Rams played the run well when the Redskins tried to run it laterally, but were gashed a good bit on plays up the middle or through the B or C gaps. For two weeks now, it appears that when teams want to run on the Rams, they can. That's not that good.

In the secondary, aside from the turnover forced by Atogwe/Bartell, I don't remember seeing a whole lot that stood out. The Rams seemed very willing to give up plays in zone coverage; I remember Cooley making an easy catch in a hole next to Jonathan Wade who didn't even seem to know Cooley was around him. Most of Campbell's incompletions seemed to come from poor throws rather than great coverage. Bartell got away with some defensive holding in the endzone on one play in which the ball was rightfully ruled uncatchable, but it looked on replay as if he committed the penalty prior to the throw. Ah well. The only thing I remember of Justin King's play was in one coverage situation where he let Cooley run right by him on a go route and couldn't close afterwards, result was an easy completion. This team seems to have trouble defending the tight end, a problem we've seen for years now.

Up next is the Packers, who appear as if they may be having some protection issues of their own. So perhaps this is the game where the Rams finally get some solid pressure. They'll have to if they want a chance at beating Aaron Rodgers, because otherwise I think he tears this defense up. It's the first 3-4 defense that Shurmur's offense will go against this season, so I'm interested to see how they respond. I hope the Rams are going to lean heavily on Steven Jackson both in the run and passing games. It'd be nice to see some long, sustained drives that keep Green Bay's offense off the field. I don't like how the Rams' receivers match up with the Packers secondary, and after watching how poorly the Rams protected against the Jets' 3-4 defense in the pre-season, it could turn into a rough home opener.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

I like the Amendola acquisition.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

good write up NG, i didn't get catch any of the game and I'm glad to see what you had to say

Old 09-23-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to see us compete on Sunday. Nearly pulled out another upset over the Skins, and if u listen to people around DC, we did beat them. A couple things go differently, and we would have won. And nice to see us get on the board, and our defense hold a team to 9 points. Like Seiler brilliantly said last week, this is a work in progress, and we defntly progressed from week 1 to week 2. And the Packers, they did lose to the Bengals, and they play the Vikings after us on Monday night, perhaps they could be overlooking us?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Great to see us compete on Sunday. Nearly pulled out another upset over the Skins, and if u listen to people around DC, we did beat them. A couple things go differently, and we would have won. And nice to see us get on the board, and our defense hold a team to 9 points. Like Seiler brilliantly said last week, this is a work in progress, and we defntly progressed from week 1 to week 2. And the Packers, they did lose to the Bengals, and they play the Vikings after us on Monday night, perhaps they could be overlooking us?
I wonder if Ruvell Martin brought any good intel with him when he joined? :)
Old 09-23-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Marc Bulger played through 2 games so far? Looking at the stats it doesn't seem like he's doing quite well... but he hasn't thrown an interception yet.. so he can't be doing all that bad.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
How has Marc Bulger played through 2 games so far? Looking at the stats it doesn't seem like he's doing quite well... but he hasn't thrown an interception yet.. so he can't be doing all that bad.
He's playing about as well as you'd expect a QB to do on this team, to be honest. The protection isn't good, and he basically only has one receiver (Robinson) who shows more than a flash here or there. His completion % is down mostly because (1) he's throwing the ball away more and (2) his receivers have had some drops. I counted maybe three bad throws during the entire Washington game. Give this guy protection and some weapons and I think he can still be quite good. The problem is the protection isn't there yet and the weapons are sparse. He didn't get sacked much in Washington but got hit a lot, and if that doesn't improve, he might revert to some bad habits. But right now, he's fighting and playing tough, smart football.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I wonder if Ruvell Martin brought any good intel with him when he joined? :)
It worked for the Jets against the Patriots.....
Old 09-24-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/rou...-shown-so-far/

Quote:
Here are the stats: after two games, Bulger ranks 32nd among NFL quarterbacks in yards per passing attempt, 31st in completion percentage, and 27th in passer rating. Are all of those numbers on him? No, only a wingnut would conclude that. So far offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur hasnít displayed much flair in his passing game, the offensive line is shaky in pass protection, and the Rams arguably have the worst set of receivers in the NFL. But Bulger shares a big piece of the responsibility. According to film review done by STATS LLC, eight of his incompletions in the Washington loss were the result of poor, inaccurate throws. He has to make more plays when the opportunities are available to be made. And he hasnít done that. For example: only 4 of 9 completions in the red zone. On the plus side, Bulger has done pretty well on third down, completing 12 of 19. And I have no problem with how he is competing.