Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-20-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 2 : Packers

It's half time when I'm posting this, but man is this an interesting game. Coats' fumble was all luck but I'm loving it right now.

21-21 against a team that was suppose to destroy us. Let's hope we can hang in there a little bit longer.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I officially have a man-crush on Mike Zimmer.

When we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties, we look pretty damn good. I'm still waiting for Palmer to get into prime form, but I think he's well on his way. Overall, solid performance minus the mental errors.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

This is the Bengals I wanted to see against the Broncos, we looked good out there. Hopefully we stay consistent and put up some more W's. I was not impressed with Palmer today though, he didn't play very well in my opinion. He is still rusty and needed those preseason snaps.
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
This is the Bengals I wanted to see against the Broncos, we looked good out there. Hopefully we stay consistent and put up some more W's. I was not impressed with Palmer today though, he didn't play very well in my opinion. He is still rusty and needed those preseason snaps.
Eh, his stat line was terrific minus the two touchdowns. Obviously there was some plays that made you think "wow he's still a little rusty", but you got to think about who he was playing. That Packer's secondary is very good, especially the corners with Harris & Woodson.

The offense was a lot better this week as opposed to last week. And I know they'll continue to get better.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Eh, his stat line was terrific minus the two touchdowns. Obviously there was some plays that made you think "wow he's still a little rusty", but you got to think about who he was playing. That Packer's secondary is very good, especially the corners with Harris & Woodson.

The offense was a lot better this week as opposed to last week. And I know they'll continue to get better.
Yea but those interceptions could have been made by anyone... Just terrible reads by Palmer and even worse throws.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In an earlier post I praised Odom and said he would be the sack leader of the team and may go to the pro bowl. Glad to see this coming about!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
In an earlier post I praised Odom and said he would be the sack leader of the team and may go to the pro bowl. Glad to see this coming about!
Its nice to see him earn his contract 7 sacks in 2 games.... :D I hope it continues throughout the year. I love Mike Zimmer's D
Old 09-20-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its nice to see him earn his contract 7 sacks in 2 games.... :D I hope it continues throughout the year. I love Mike Zimmer's D
As do I.

I only really got to watch moments of the first half...listen to the third quarter on radio and watch the 4th quarter...However here are some strong and weak points I picked up.

Weak

Carson Palmers decision making on some throws. Mainly the two int's.

Third down conversion for the defense. Against Denver it was amazing, however the defense allowed a little too much free roam on the 3rd downs.

Strong

Odom - Straight up was all over the QB and Oline.

Rey Rey - This man can hit!

Cedric Benson - I thought picking him up last year was great and I was glad they resigned him! He proved he could knife through the 3-4 defense today.

Offensive Line - Looked alot better today

WR- Also looked better today...especially Caldwell
Old 09-20-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didn't catch the game, anybody wanna do a write-up if they saw it? :D

looking at the stats i was glad that we put some points up, but what the hell is up with #9?

Cedric Benson is a big hell-yeah.

Did the line play well at all?

the D got light-weight torched point-wise, but i'm diggin' all the sacks we got.

did Rey smack anybody?

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
As do I.

I only really got to watch moments of the first half...listen to the third quarter on radio and watch the 4th quarter...However here are some strong and weak points I picked up.

Weak

Carson Palmers decision making on some throws. Mainly the two int's.

Third down conversion for the defense. Against Denver it was amazing, however the defense allowed a little too much free roam on the 3rd downs.

Strong

Odom - Straight up was all over the QB and Oline.

Rey Rey - This man can hit!

Cedric Benson - I thought picking him up last year was great and I was glad they resigned him! He proved he could knife through the 3-4 defense today.

Offensive Line - Looked alot better today

WR- Also looked better today...especially Caldwell
For weak points I will add the amount of penalties, WAY to many and bad penalties too. There were 2-3 Delay of game on Palmer and how many false starts. Those are unacceptable. Also the the onside kick coverage they didn't have any urgency to recover it...

There are a lot of positives which is a good thing. Like you said Odom was great along with the rest of the Dline. They may not have gotten the sacks like Odom but constant pressure was there. Thing that made me happy is to see everyone who touched the ball on offense fought for the extra yard and it paid off. Caldwell made a 3rd down conversion, Coats run on the screen play (although he did get caught from behind by Jenkins.. lol), Coles hustle on Coats fumble. Also the DBs played well, shut out Greg Jennings and not many teams do that. Roy Williams delivered a huge hit on Donald Lee. Huge kudos to Quan Cosby as well, definitely proving to be earning his roster spot. Also Kevin Huber had a great game punting.. had a 61 yard punt..ended in a touchback but nice to know he can kick that ball that far haha..

How did I forget Rey Rey's 2 forced fumbles.. one hit on Ryan Grant and on a sack!!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How did I forget Rey Rey's 2 forced fumbles.. one hit on Ryan Grant and on a sack!!
sweet. that's what i like to hear.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Roy Williams delivered a huge hit on Donald Lee.
That hit on Donald Lee was crazy. If anyone else came in to hit him, Donald Lee would have caught that ball. Roy Williams laid him out!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I didn't get to see all of the game because I was at work but we looked pretty darn good after a rough start with those two INTs. The defense was laying people out and the pass rush was HUGE. It's nice to FINALLY have a Defense that can get to the QB. Benson was running with purpose while the OL looked much improved. All in all, an impressive win against a good team at Lambeau. We know the talent is there and it looks like they are starting to get it together. Hopefully we can keep this going against the Steelers next Sunday.

They are definitely trying to give me a heart attack though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What has gotten into Antwan Odom? A sack away from his career high after 2 games?! Incredible.

I think if Carson Palmer pulls it together this team has a chance to be very dangerous because the defense is very solid and the running game is getting going. But they'll go as far as #9 takes them, hopefully that's pretty far!!
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 9's gonna be alright with more time with his receivers. If we can keep him upright I don't think we're gonna have to worry about him at all.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-21-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still have a broken computer at home but was dying to post on here last night.

Odom is filthy, after Clifton went down he was just abusing that poor guy. The fact that we actually have solid DT's has as much to do with it as anything.

I love our Dline, I love our CB's and LB core. Crocker and Williams I'm still a little shaky on but it's not like they're not cutting it.

Mike Zimmer is my hero from now to the end of time. Our defense is one of the more aggressive D's in the league and the days of just rushing 4 then sitting back and getting passed on are gone.

The Oline looked pretty solid and Carson is still knocking off rust but was making some of his classic throws.

Benson looked like Rudi in his prime. Wasn't getting 20 or 30 yard runs but was bruising his way to 4 or 5 a carry when you didn't think he had any room.

This week is so absolutely huge for the rest of our season. I'm beyond excited for Sunday.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also forgot to add that after my questioning who would be returning kicks, Quan Cosby has answered that in a big way. Having a good KR/PR is so huge in this league.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Yea, Quan Cosby was absolutely huge in that game. If we can get solid production out of our S/T along with our Defense playing like it is, this could be an exciting season. Especially when our offense starts to click on all cylinders.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say, after watching the game I have decided that my obsession with Rey was well deserved.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Some mid-week defensive stats for the year

12th in scoring defense
10th in yards per game
11th in rushing yards per game
16th in passing yards per game
6th in pass deflections
1st in sacks - thank you Antwan Odom