Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-06-2006, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgePack
who cares
Yo mama and yo papa
Old 05-06-2006, 07:33 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
We should get an official boxing talk thread up for serious boxing fans. I wont start one unless people are interesed. Post if you want me to start it up.

start a boxing thread
Old 05-06-2006, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Quote:
I am a huge boxing fan and am very excited for tonight. It is going to be a great fight because all Mayorga does is come forwrd and throw bombs, his power is not overrated, watch the 1st forrest fight. Personally a hate DLH, and would love to see mayorga KHTFO. However, lets face it, any knowledgable boxing fan know Mayorga is not on DLH's level. If mayorga wins it will be a lucky punch. I say Oscar stops him late, lets say round 10. However if DLH wins and goes on to Floyd Mayweather, he will get absolutely crushed.
Can you give us round by round analyis?
I will do the best I can. I will definetly post a wrapup if you guys want. But round by round is hard cuz I only have a minute and will be paying 50 bucks so i dont want to miss anything. Also it is going to be like midnight, so im not sure how many people will be here, but if you want round by round and will be here, I will do the best I can for you. The UC is pretty good tonight also, Kassim Ouma throws like 100 punches a round, and I believe Luis Perez is on the card (very exciting), and Jorge Paez Jr. will be fighting.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:36 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am a huge boxing fan and am very excited for tonight. It is going to be a great fight because all Mayorga does is come forwrd and throw bombs, his power is not overrated, watch the 1st forrest fight. Personally a hate DLH, and would love to see mayorga KHTFO. However, lets face it, any knowledgable boxing fan know Mayorga is not on DLH's level. If mayorga wins it will be a lucky punch. I say Oscar stops him late, lets say round 10. However if DLH wins and goes on to Floyd Mayweather, he will get absolutely crushed.
I will do the best I can. I will definetly post a wrapup if you guys want. But round by round is hard cuz I only have a minute and will be paying 50 bucks so i dont want to miss anything. Also it is going to be like midnight, so im not sure how many people will be here, but if you want round by round and will be here, I will do the best I can for you. The UC is pretty good tonight also, Kassim Ouma throws like 100 punches a round, and I believe Luis Perez is on the card (very exciting), and Jorge Paez Jr. will be fighting.
Thanks man i dont have hbo.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks man i dont have hbo.
Its ppv, so you could get it, but if your not a huge boxing fan its not worth it. The main event is kind of a mismatch. Save your money and go see a live fight, you will be hooked. You should invest in HBO for the summer though if you are trying to get into boxing, they have an amazing run of fights coming up.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com

go here to dowload entire fights. Its an amzing site, you can downlaod mayorga dlh tomorrow on it. You will need to dowload a torrent player thing.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:46 AM    (permalink

Quote:
http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com

go here to dowload entire fights. Its an amzing site, you can downlaod mayorga dlh tomorrow on it. You will need to dowload a torrent player thing.
Thanks so much man. :D :D
Old 05-06-2006, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

no problem, boxing is kinda suffering now with the heavywieght division being so bad, I feel I am doing my part keeping it alive by recruiting new fans. :D
Old 05-06-2006, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Im gonna wait till tm to creat the boxing thread because it will get confusing about where to post, i will make it though.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

ok, first fight of the night is in the books as Jorge Paez Jr., son of Jorge Paez, and bigtime prospect, won a unanimous descision against an unknown in Lowell Brownfield. He did not look as impessive as I expected, but Brownfield was better than expected. Paez did nothing in this fight to detract from his status as a great prospect. He was patient and consistently landed clean shots. He looked confuse with the southpaw style of Brownfield, and got caught with a few shots, but he looked pretty good overall.

*Someone post if you are reading these because I dont want to write the for no reason

*Next Fight:Guzman vs Jauregui
Old 05-06-2006, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

if you want me to continue recapping please post because i will not do it unless i know someone will be reading it. thanks.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:14 AM    (permalink

Quote:
We should get an official boxing talk thread up for serious boxing fans. I wont start one unless people are interesed. Post if you want me to start it up.
Me and Newk (pretty much never comes around anymore) are pretty much the only serious boxing fans on this board. I guess you are an addition to the big boxing fans crew.

If you guys want round by round analysis go onto espn.com, they did a good job on the Mayweather vs Judah fight so I'm SURE they'll do it for Oscar.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys believe is the best boxer today? I gotta go with Mayweather, he's one cocky s.o.b. but he is techinally sound and backs up every word.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

There is absolutely no doubt that it is mayweather and if anyone tells you different. they just hate him, or they dont know boxing. Winky Wright is probably second, but no one is even close to mayweather. Although, I do think that if he fought Margarito, which he could have done for 8 million, but instead clhose to see if dlh would fight him. he would lose. Margarito seems a bad style matchup for him and it would be a very, very difficult fight for floyd.

In the Guzman vs Jauregui fight, Guzman put on an impressive showing. He was faster, more powerful, and more showmanlike than Jauregui. He frequently landed combo after combo and proved too talented for Jauregui too handle.

*Next fight Ouma vs Rubio

I will not do the round by round for dlh mayorga because espn is probably doing it. I will however post a recap, probably tomorrow because I will be dead tired by the time the ppv is over.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:51 AM    (permalink

I'll be reading over it with you man. You don't have to go round by round but you can certainly update during the fight. Like I said I'll be following it on espn.com but it would be GREAT to be able to clarify some things with someone watching it live.

What you SHOULD do, is score it yourself (I assume you know how to do this )and we could compare your scorecard with the judges if it goes the distance. it would be nice to get a common fans perspective of the fight.

Btw, yes, HBO boxing should be very good coming up here, Hatton, Jermaine vs Winky, should be good stuff.

It seems that Showtime has taken over rescently as the premier boxing station, but this run from HBO is outstanding.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:53 AM    (permalink

For info to add on with what Rob is posting you guys can check out:

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ZQHMAleMB.html
Old 05-06-2006, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

yeah, i score all of the big fights I watch. I'll post my card and probably do a few updates. Maybe every 4 rounds or so. I'm gettin excited. Mayorgo is gonna come out swinging for the fences and oscar may have to weather an early storm.

As for the Ouma vs rubio fight, it is all ouma. After rubio shored a knockdown in round 1, ouma's corner made a tactical adjustment and he probably hasnt lost a round since. He lands his straight left at will and rubio is starting to swell up. He probably wont stop him because he is not a hard puncher, but he should cruise to a descision victory.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I just hate how late the ppv's are on. I am f'n exhausted after watching them.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:01 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ya same here
Old 05-06-2006, 10:03 AM    (permalink

Quote:
LOL, yeah but it's allll about building the excitement for the fight. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and who are you watching the fight with?

I'm j/w bc I'm 18 and I ussually watch the HBO and showtime fights with my dad and have a bunch of people over for the PPV fights that we actually DO get. Sometimes we have a bunch of people over for non-ppv fights too though like Corralles vs Castillo. (If Oscar fights Floyd I'm sure we'll get it).
Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

primetime, I'll give you a name to watch for , if you havent heard of him already, JOEL JULIO. He is a stud prospect and will be on BAD (Boxing after Dark) soon. Check him out, he will be a top fighter in a few years. I have been following him for about 2 years now and he has what it takes to be a top p4p guy.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whenever their is a big time fight the scorecards are a freaking joke. Anyone see the Toney/Rahman fight, they messed up real bad... fixed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

hey i was wondering does any 1 no w.e happend to diosbelys hurtado?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
Quote:
LOL, yeah but it's allll about building the excitement for the fight. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and who are you watching the fight with?

I'm j/w bc I'm 18 and I ussually watch the HBO and showtime fights with my dad and have a bunch of people over for the PPV fights that we actually DO get. Sometimes we have a bunch of people over for non-ppv fights too though like Corralles vs Castillo. (If Oscar fights Floyd I'm sure we'll get it).
I am 17 and I always watch every one with my friend (we alternate buying), who is an amazing boxer in his own right. Us two are like the core guys and then for the really big ppv fights we have all of our friends. But for most fights just me and him(and sometimes his dad) watch because we are both really into it and dont want to have to deal with stupid questions from people who dont get it.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:10 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Whenever their is a big time fight the scorecards are a freaking joke. Anyone see the Toney/Rahman fight, they messed up real bad... fixed.
It's not always like that though. I was thinking the other day, you guys realize how much harder it is to judge a fight from ringside than from watching it from TV?

Like we get EVERY angle and see every punch and if the ref gets in the way, we just change camera angles... I know the judges are AWWWWWFFFUUUUULLLLL sometimes, but without announcers guideing your influence and all the right angles, I could see how it would be more difficult to accurately score a fight.