Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-26-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Good game.
For you maybe.;) You guys outplayed us today especially in the trenches. We couldnt tackle Williams either. VA Tech suprised me today. Good game anyways.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
We played like absolute **** today. I think I threw up in my mouth at least 5times. Our defense couldnt tackle, Jimmy Graham dropped everything thrown his way,Jacory Harris was not crisp and Matt Pipho got abused more than once.
The offensive line's poor play was far and away the biggest part of the loss. When Jacory had time, he was fine. Then, he tried to force since we were down so much. Pipho was absolutely terrible. He was beaten over half the plays we passed.

Defensively, no contain (really? We didn't cover that in the gameplan? Why was Taylor running so free all the time?), no tackling, ill-timed blitzes..

Overall, thoroughly outcoached on both sides of the ball coordinators wise. Lovett was one step behind VT all game and Whipple didn't impress me at all running super deep routes in a driving rain the entire first half with a struggling offensive line.

You guys gotta remember that there are still going to be some growing pains.

That corner blitz has killed us this year, so far. Giving VT a short field/confidence was huge.

Also, Jimmy Graham and Sharpton, really? Sharpton on that 44 yard run, the guy had one place to go pinned on the sidelines and Sharpton bit on the fake... be aware please. Graham was a project, he's a terrible blocker and we're all aware that he's afraid to get hit now. He's a product of whiff after whiff recruiting tight ends.

One other thing, did we really leave Chavez Grant 1 on 1 with Boykin on a clear passing down?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need to find a replacement for Pipho. We have to have someone better than this. Jason Worlids flat out abused him today. On one play he pushed him straight down and on another play Pipho didnt even get a hand on him. We need to upgrade that position.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was fun while it lasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best of luck with OU. Good game. I know the U is going to come very hard at us next year at your place.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

We played with no intensity today. 2nd half was a little better, but we still played without any fire. On D, didnt agree with a lot of the blitz calls when u got a guy that can only beat u with his feet. Jacory got too used to the protection the past 2 games. O-Line was terrible. Weather hurt us a lot more then them, because we have a passing game.

Call me supersticious, but in the last few years, i dont think we ever won a game when we came with suits. Last year i remember Cal and N.C. we came out flat wearing siuts to the game. I know it would of affected me getting hype for the game, but thats just me. Were going to war, not church, I disagree with it.

Got to get 1 positive note in. Ray Ray had a nice play.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upside is that 'Cannes team is still very young, and they have a chance of going through the ACC with one loss and still can beat OU.

11-1 isn't a bad season and would probably put them in the BCS as an at large bid.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to miss the game and I saw the score and I was depressed. What the hell happened? How did VT score 31 points with one of the worst passing QB's in CFB. I'm just stunned. I don't know what else to say.

Last edited by TACKLE : 09-26-2009 at 08:41 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I had to miss the game and I saw the score and I was depressed. What the hell happened? How did VT score 31 points with one of the worst passing QB's in CFB. I just stunned. I don't know what else to say.
In a quick summary, our O-line played like garbage(mostly Pipho) and we couldn't tackle Ryan Williams.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you gave up 272 rushing yards to start. Only had 59 rush yards yourselves. Your tight end basically killed the comeback and momentum with the 2 drops. 1-11 third down conversion.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I had to miss the game and I saw the score and I was depressed. What the hell happened? How did VT score 31 points with one of the worst passing QB's in CFB. I'm just stunned. I don't know what else to say.
VTs offense was really only responsible for 17 of the 31 points. We had a blocked punt returned for a TD and Pipho missed a huge blitz pickup that let Jacory get leveled for a fumble in the RZ.

Our defense gave up alot more yards then they did points.

They still did not play well however.

But alot of this loss goes on poor tackling and bad blocking. Back to basics in practice this week.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed the game too (work). I guess it was sort of a good thing though. I also read Graham the former basketball dude dropped 2 key passes.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
I missed the game too (work). I guess it was sort of a good thing though. I also read Graham the former basketball dude dropped 2 key passes.
The 2nd half had a down to the wire slugfest written all over it. Until Graham dropped the passes. Team got deflated, were forced to throw and ended up getting picked. Rain didn't help. Just too much going against us once Jimmy dropped those passes. Would have been a different game had he caught them.

But he isn't th only one to blame. Bunch of WRs had key drops.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forston's loss hurt worse than I thought. Too many times Tyrod got out of the pocket and Joseph just could make the play on him that Marcus would have made for sure. Our run defense suffered tremendously without him.

Whoever's idea for Jimmy Graham to go out there without gloves needs to be disciplined and scolded severely. After playing football myself, it's near impossible to catch passes bare handed in weather like that. And they should have known better. What a joke that was!

And can't wait til Aldarius gets back, it's hurt us not having him out there. Once we get him and Byrd, our two best receivers on the field at the same time, with Benjamin in the slot, we will be VERY dangerous on offense. Jacory will be tough to stop, even though Pipho will do his best.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The VaTech game is over and its in the garbage.

It's time to move on and discuss the Oklahoma game.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Forston's loss hurt worse than I thought. Too many times Tyrod got out of the pocket and Joseph just could make the play on him that Marcus would have made for sure. Our run defense suffered tremendously without him.

Whoever's idea for Jimmy Graham to go out there without gloves needs to be disciplined and scolded severely. After playing football myself, it's near impossible to catch passes bare handed in weather like that. And they should have known better. What a joke that was!

And can't wait til Aldarius gets back, it's hurt us not having him out there. Once we get him and Byrd, our two best receivers on the field at the same time, with Benjamin in the slot, we will be VERY dangerous on offense. Jacory will be tough to stop, even though Pipho will do his best.
My God dude, have you even watched us this year?

Since when is the DT responsible for keeping the QB in the pocket? Really dude? The DT's job is to flush the QB out of the pocket and force him to the sidelines to narrow the field. The DE's and LBs are the one's responsible for containment an keeping the QB from running all over us. They didn't do their job. Marcus Forston would not have help us at all in that respect.

Not to mention, Joe Joseph has OUTPLAYED Marcus Forston this season. How the hell do you think Marcus Forston would do a better job then Joe Joseph against VT when he hasn't been able to do a better job then him or any other DT so far this year? Good God the love fest for Forston is sickening. He hasnt done **** here except underachieve and would have made no difference in whether Tyrod run on us or not. He's all potential at this point. He gets ZERO push at the LOS.

Also, TB hasn't played the slot all season. He's not a slot guy and Aldarius isn't our 2nd best WR. Not even close. Have to not seen Leonard Hankerson, LaRon Byrd and Travis Benjamin making plays for us outside all season? They have been the best part of this team. Aldarius even when healthy against FSU was the 4th WR outside and getting less reps then Hankerson, Byrd and TB. Now suddenly coming off an injury, you think he's gonna be our 2nd best WR and jump ahead of Hankerson who has been plays the best of any WR this year to start. Do you even watch the Canes?

BTW...Theron Collier is the starter in the slot since you probably didn't know that.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph is a joke, Forston is far better than him. it's not the defensive tackle's job to keep the QB contained, but it was something I noticed that Joseph was constantly chasing him around the field aimlessly, and the way Forston penetrates, there would have been less of that if he had played. And I brought that argument up because he was a nightmare for Tyrod last year in Miami. Forston is a better penetrator because he is much quicker than Joseph which leads to better run support and pass rush. You are the first person I have heard that thinks Joseph is better than anyone. All that guy does is dissappoint.

Aldarius was the 4th WR against FSU because he was banged up, has been since the start. He IS our 2nd best WR without question, maybe even #1 when healthy. It would be very close with him and Byrd. The are both big-time playmakers for us and are essential to our offense.

And I know Benjamin doesn't play the slot, but I feel like he should because it would allow us to get out 3 best WR's on the field at the same time and he would be even more dangerous in the slot because of his speed and quickness.

I like Pimp, but he doesn't make nearly enough plays as he should, or that Benjamin would in there.

Calm yourself dude, I am watching every moment of every game and just because you have a differing opinion, doesn't mean you are right. No need to call me out. So don't play me like that man, we're all Canes fans in here. Take it easy.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 09-29-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Joseph is a joke, Forston is far better than him. it's not the defensive tackle's job to keep the QB contained, but it was something I noticed that Joseph was constantly chasing him around the field aimlessly, and the way Forston penetrates, there would have been less of that if he had played. And I brought that argument up because he was a nightmare for Tyrod last year in Miami. Forston is a better penetrator because he is much quicker than Joseph which leads to better run support and pass rush. You are the first person I have heard that thinks Joseph is better than anyone. All that guy does is dissappoint.

Aldarius was the 4th WR against FSU because he was banged up, has been since the start. He IS our 2nd best WR without question, maybe even #1 when healthy. It would be very close with him and Byrd. The are both big-time playmakers for us and are essential to our offense.

And I know Benjamin doesn't play the slot, but I feel like he should because it would allow us to get out 3 best WR's on the field at the same time and he would be even more dangerous in the slot because of his speed and quickness.

I like Pimp, but he doesn't make nearly enough plays as he should, or that Benjamin would in there.

Calm yourself dude, I am watching every moment of every game and just because you have a differing opinion, doesn't mean you are right. No need to call me out. So don't play me like that man, we're all Canes fans in here. Take it easy.
IDK what you're talking about dude...

Joseph has earned his starting job over Forston by outplaying him...it's as simple as that. Forston would've had no impact in containing Tyrod....last year against GT (and others) he missed tons of tackles in pursuit. Very few defensive tackles can chase down and secure a tackle on an elusive QB. It's the DE's job and ours did poorly, not to mention horrible pursuit and tackling from our LBs when Tyrod broke the pocket or passed the LOS.

Aldarius is not a top 2 receiver by any means on this team. He's slow and gets no separation. He averages less than 10 yards per catch and is only useful as an underneath possession guy. Byrd, Benjamin and Hankerson have been making plays for us downfield all year. Byrd and Benjamin are physical specimens while Hankerson has really stepped his game up and emerged as a leader in this group. AJ is a solid possession guy but that's it. #4/5 depending on how you view Thearon Collier.

Pimp hasn't had a lot of action because we're playing the best guys on the field. He's still a solid slot with good bulk that gets good YAC. I'd like to see us get him more involved as he's very similar to Mike Thomas, the Pac-10's career receptions leader.

We know you're a good fan and you love our Canes. Based on your posts it seems like you're giving too much attention to high school rankings and recruiting hype instead of following what's happening on the field. That's all.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
IDK what you're talking about dude...

Joseph has earned his starting job over Forston by outplaying him...it's as simple as that. Forston would've had no impact in containing Tyrod....last year against GT (and others) he missed tons of tackles in pursuit. Very few defensive tackles can chase down and secure a tackle on an elusive QB. It's the DE's job and ours did poorly, not to mention horrible pursuit and tackling from our LBs when Tyrod broke the pocket or passed the LOS.

Aldarius is not a top 2 receiver by any means on this team. He's slow and gets no separation. He averages less than 10 yards per catch and is only useful as an underneath possession guy. Byrd, Benjamin and Hankerson have been making plays for us downfield all year. Byrd and Benjamin are physical specimens while Hankerson has really stepped his game up and emerged as a leader in this group. AJ is a solid possession guy but that's it. #4/5 depending on how you view Thearon Collier.

Pimp hasn't had a lot of action because we're playing the best guys on the field. He's still a solid slot with good bulk that gets good YAC. I'd like to see us get him more involved as he's very similar to Mike Thomas, the Pac-10's career receptions leader.

We know you're a good fan and you love our Canes. Based on your posts it seems like you're giving too much attention to high school rankings and recruiting hype instead of following what's happening on the field. That's all.
Thanks man. But I'm not just paying too much attention to recruiting and all the hype that surrounds our high profile players like Aldarius and Forston. I know that's how it looks, but you can't deny the impact that Aldarius made for us down the stretch last year. The plays he made against Duke and Virginia last year showed what kind of a playmaker he can be and in clutch situations, he seemed to be Jacory's guy. Forston also made his share of dazzling plays as a frosh last year and is still a VERY promising player, despite the underachieving label Joeyjr has prematurely tagged him with already.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was last year. AJ had been healthy all along until he got hurt in the FSU game, Hankerson and Byrd earned more PT because they were better. I love AJ, but Hankerson and Byrd are both better players this year. It will definitely be nice to have AJ back, but he isn't a huge difference maker. And Forston was awful against FSU and barely played against GT before he got hurt. Joseph isn't very good, but he makes some impact in the run game, Forston got dominated by one guy the entire game against FSU. Regis and Holmes were both playing over him as well against GT. None of those guys should be as good as Forston, but at this point they are. Forston needs to step up big time.

BTW, Arthur Brown actually got PT at MLB this week! I only say him for a play, but he missed the tackle on Tyrod on the long pass that set up the TD where Grant got burnt. Looked good getting to Tyrod though! Hopefully he plays a ton against FAMU and UCF and takes over for Sharpton because he was terrrrrrrible against FSU and VT.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
That was last year. AJ had been healthy all along until he got hurt in the FSU game, Hankerson and Byrd earned more PT because they were better. I love AJ, but Hankerson and Byrd are both better players this year. It will definitely be nice to have AJ back, but he isn't a huge difference maker. And Forston was awful against FSU and barely played against GT before he got hurt. Joseph isn't very good, but he makes some impact in the run game, Forston got dominated by one guy the entire game against FSU. Regis and Holmes were both playing over him as well against GT. None of those guys should be as good as Forston, but at this point they are. Forston needs to step up big time.

BTW, Arthur Brown actually got PT at MLB this week! I only say him for a play, but he missed the tackle on Tyrod on the long pass that set up the TD where Grant got burnt. Looked good getting to Tyrod though! Hopefully he plays a ton against FAMU and UCF and takes over for Sharpton because he was terrrrrrrible against FSU and VT.
Yeah, I know this year Forston hasn't been very good. But neither has many of the players on our defense. Spence has been MIA, and there has been little to no pass rush, nevermind the god-awful tackling out there. The bottom line is, that our offense is vastly outplaying our defense, which is so rare for us. I just hope the D can catch up soon because we can be very dangerous then.

I agree about Brown and Sharpton. Sharpton is another Canes player that Scott is overrating terribly this year. Last year it was Bruce Johnson, this year it's Darryl Sharpton. All these guys have ever done is take up space and underachieve. He's been here for like 5 years now and he still misses tackles and assignments. He has Sharpton ranked as his #9 OLB and I just don't know where that is coming from. And this is after he had Bruce ranked in his Top 5 in CB's at one point last season. I just don't get it.

Randy Phillips looks like he may miss this week's game at OU after getting hurt at Va. Tech last week. His loss is going to sting our secondary quite a bit. Some possible replacements are obviously JoJo Nicolas or Ryan Hill. Heck, Ray Ray Armstrong has been looking much better lastely according to DVD, so maybe he'll get some PT. :)

Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shannon said Phillips went full speed today and should be fine for the game.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Shannon said Phillips went full speed today and should be fine for the game.
Oh ok, thanks man, that's great news!

Let's just hope he doesn't play like he did last time we played OU. Kelly PWNED him that game. But he's not playing CB anymore so we should be fine. :)

Old 10-01-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Sam Bradford will not play this week. OU is sticking with Landry Jones.