Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-29-2009, 05:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres this big strong DT from Ole Miss. I forgot his name. But when I was scouting Greg Hardy and Peria Jerry, he stood out to me. He's a big strong guy, who doesn't really penetrate, but is great at occupying guys and pushing the pocket with his girth and strength.

I need to scout him more. He's a little fat though, so we probably wouldn't be interested. We typically don't like big DTs.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When looking at the draft, we really need to consider the likely needs.

Key factors will be the likely roster changes.

I think Pierce is gone plus Carr, Hixon, Moss, Whimper, Cofield, Robbins, Clark, Wilkinson, Dockery and CC Brown are all coming off contract (and could get better money elsewhere); Hixon and Cofield in particular could be in line for big pay days elsewhere.

The most obvious need is likely to be DT with both Cofield and Robbins off contract. Robbins won't be back and we haven't extended Cofield yet (and to be honest, I am not sure it will happen). If Cofield hits the open market, he will get good money to play for another team.

Hixon is probably in the same boat, if he hits FA, he will get good money to play elsewhere. Moss very likely will not be back (barring a huge breakout season). WR isn't likely to be an uregent need, but could surprise if a good talent is available.

Pierce is going to be a 2 down LB, he has been good for us, but I can't help thinking this is his last season in a Giants' uniform. Clark and Wilkinson are not likely to be back.

Carr will probably get a shot to be a starter with another team

I have to be honest, at this early stage, I think all these players will not be back next year.

I think it is reasonable to assume that MLB, DT, OL, CB, S and WR are the positions we are most likely to be looking at next year.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
When looking at the draft, we really need to consider the likely needs.

Key factors will be the likely roster changes.

I think Pierce is gone plus Carr, Hixon, Moss, Whimper, Cofield, Robbins, Clark, Wilkinson, Dockery and CC Brown are all coming off contract (and could get better money elsewhere); Hixon and Cofield in particular could be in line for big pay days elsewhere.

The most obvious need is likely to be DT with both Cofield and Robbins off contract. Robbins won't be back and we haven't extended Cofield yet (and to be honest, I am not sure it will happen). If Cofield hits the open market, he will get good money to play for another team.

Hixon is probably in the same boat, if he hits FA, he will get good money to play elsewhere. Moss very likely will not be back (barring a huge breakout season). WR isn't likely to be an uregent need, but could surprise if a good talent is available.

Pierce is going to be a 2 down LB, he has been good for us, but I can't help thinking this is his last season in a Giants' uniform. Clark and Wilkinson are not likely to be back.

Carr will probably get a shot to be a starter with another team

I have to be honest, at this early stage, I think all these players will not be back next year.

I think it is reasonable to assume that MLB, DT, OL, CB, S and WR are the positions we are most likely to be looking at next year.

thats all very true. now the order of those needs will depend on who steps up/or doesn't within the roster this year.

our depth will take a serious hit after this year. we're going to have to have a solid draft to replenish our depth.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hixon, Whimper, Cofield, CC Brown and Dockery are possible to come back. I'm sure if he does well in our system for one year he wont leave because i dont think many other teams would put him as a #1, provide a pro bowl caliber QB, and a consistent top 10 defense.

Whimper is believed to leave since Beatty was drafted, but he could beat Beatty out and allow Diehl to move inside, (our run offense would lose spark without a doubt though).

Cofield seems like a guy that would stay, he has a good personality and i just feel like he would.

Dockery probably will leave, but you never know, he has been with us since we signed him as a RFA and despite being tagged as a dimeback now he has seen starts in recent years.

CC Brown needs to prove he can still play with us, he wants to play, and if he cant beat out Michael Johnson with the experience he has maybe its not worth keeping him?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Hixon, Whimper, Cofield, CC Brown and Dockery are possible to come back. I'm sure if he does well in our system for one year he wont leave because i dont think many other teams would put him as a #1, provide a pro bowl caliber QB, and a consistent top 10 defense.

Whimper is believed to leave since Beatty was drafted, but he could beat Beatty out and allow Diehl to move inside, (our run offense would lose spark without a doubt though).

Cofield seems like a guy that would stay, he has a good personality and i just feel like he would.

Dockery probably will leave, but you never know, he has been with us since we signed him as a RFA and despite being tagged as a dimeback now he has seen starts in recent years.

CC Brown needs to prove he can still play with us, he wants to play, and if he cant beat out Michael Johnson with the experience he has maybe its not worth keeping him?
I don't see Coffield coming back. He's an average at best NT, he does nothing special at all. He doesn't take on 2 guys, he doesn't push the pocket, he's just there. There and solid. But very replaceable.

Whimper, Id like him to come back, but he'd come back with backup money. And I think he can get more elsewhere. I think that ultimately makes him leave, unless he tears it up and wins a starting job this year. But I don't see that happening.

CC Brown is a 1 year depth rental. Thats all he is. Our starters are locked in. He'll be gone or either sign for minimal money. Either way I wouldn't lose any sleep over it as of right now.

Dockery is probably gone. He's our dime guy, and can get nickel money elsewhere. We won't sign him back unless its for cheap. He'll leave for money.

As of right now, I honestly don't expect any of them to be back with our team in 2011. Thats a lot of missing pieces and loss of quality depth.

So our deep team will lose a lot of its depth after this year. We're going to need a strong draft class.

Also bear in mind, we might have to rework the contracts of Michael Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw after this year. If Johnson starts, and Bradshaw tears it up, both will want renegotiated contracts. They make 7th round money each. You know they're not happy with that.

And I rather keep them and make them happy then overpay some of the other guys like Coffield or CC Brown.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 05-29-2009 at 03:07 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
I don't have your confidence. Hixon and Cofield will probably be worth at least contracts of $5mil+ per year. I don't think the front office will justify that considering the amount of talent at both positions. If either is going to stick, they should be extened now.

Dockery will continue the trend of 2nd round tender in our secondary and then leaving in FA. He is the #4 CB, he isn't going to be a priority. I think we draft more depth instead/
Old 08-07-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Thoughts on Mike McLaughin?

He seems like a similar player to Jonathan Goff.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thoughts on Mike McLaughin?

He seems like a similar player to Jonathan Goff.
He does seem like Goff; there is alot to like about him

I think he would be a very interesting option in the mid rounds
Old 09-06-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well, now that the college football season is underway and Scott has put up new material for this year, I guess we can get this puppy rolling again.

In his first mock (which will obviously change dramatically come draft day), he has us pass on Brandon Spikes.

As much as I love Goff, if Brandon Spikes were to fall to us on draft day, at this moment in time, Id think we'd be foolish to pass on him. We need better MIKE play.

Jermaine Gresham is another guy Im interested in. He's a stud TE. If he has injury concerns this season, who knows.

Im also interested in DTs this year. Particularly a guy like Allen Bailey in round 2.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Did you guys check out Allen Bailey yesterday? BEAST!

He's a guy Ive been interested in, and after watching him yesterday, he's my #1 guy at the moment (this will obviously change). The guy is sooo strong, he demands a double on every play, he got a sack, he can penetrate even with a double team, and he's so lean at 290 lbs, it looks like he can easily pack on 20 more lbs to that frame.

And he's sooo fast. The guy is a freak of nature. Imagine him with Wauffle teaching him technique? Forget about it.

With Coffield and Robbins both possibly being gone after this year, Bernard getting older, and Alford coming off an ACL injury, I think DT is going to be one of our needs, and this guy would surely fit the bill.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we were going DT, I would love me some Jeff Owens. Probably could pick him up in the second and could prove to be one of the best DTs in this class. This DT class is just so insane, I want in on one of them.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite late first and on DT is Duke's Vince Oghobaase. He's a good kid and at 6'5" 310 he has great strength, length and explosiveness to be a powerful penetrator on the inside.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Gresham is out for the year. If he enters the draft, I can see him as a 2nd round prospect or even later.

Id love to take a gamble on him. The guy is a beast. And we could upgrade the TE position, and wouldn't even have to spend a 1st on it. Im speculating that he won't be a 1st rounder, but Id be surprised if he does rise up back to round 1 status.

3 guys I was targeting with our 1st were Spikes, Bailey, and Gresham. Now Gresham may become a round 2 possibility, maybe even later. Should be interesting to see.

Sucks for him though. The guy was easily the best TE prospect of the past 2 years.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gresham is out for the year. If he enters the draft, I can see him as a 2nd round prospect or even later.

Id love to take a gamble on him. The guy is a beast. And we could upgrade the TE position, and wouldn't even have to spend a 1st on it. Im speculating that he won't be a 1st rounder, but Id be surprised if he does rise up back to round 1 status.

3 guys I was targeting with our 1st were Spikes, Bailey, and Gresham. Now Gresham may become a round 2 possibility, maybe even later. Should be interesting to see.

Sucks for him though. The guy was easily the best TE prospect of the past 2 years.
I still think he goes late first and be ecstatic to get him there. He would add another dimension to our offense. Although I love Boss, he is slow and doesn't offer much as blocker. Whereas, Gresham is a decent blocker but is an all out amazing receiver. I'd easily take Gresham with our first round pick especially if he runs well at he combine.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think Boss is a good blocker. I was impressed with how well he blocked last year.

But yeah, Gresham is just a flat out better player. I just don't see him staying in the 1st round. He's gotta be a 2nd to 3rd round guy now. I guess it depends on his recovery, but Im not expecting 1st round.

Im starting to think we have no chance of landing my boy Allen Bailey this year, unless we draft early. And let's hope that doesn't happen...
Old 09-12-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Boss is a good blocker. I was impressed with how well he blocked last year.

But yeah, Gresham is just a flat out better player. I just don't see him staying in the 1st round. He's gotta be a 2nd to 3rd round guy now. I guess it depends on his recovery, but Im not expecting 1st round.

Im starting to think we have no chance of landing my boy Allen Bailey this year, unless we draft early. And let's hope that doesn't happen...
I honestly don't think Bailey will come out, I honestly have no reason to believe this other than just a hunch that he will stay but whatever. When Bailey does come out I think he will be a top 15 pick, and I highly doubt we get him, he is a freak of nature with that size and speed.

Another person I could see us drafting is Reshad Jones out of Georgia especially if Michael Johnson has a down year. I believe MJ is good, but just like Boss he has his deficiencies and we can do better. Jones is pretty similar to KP IMO, as they can both play FS or SS. I really like him, if we can have him and KP at safety I will be a very happy man. It is a very strong safety class with the likes of Taylor Mays, Eric Berry, Jones, and Major Wright all possibly coming out, I think its a good chance Jones is there when we are picking.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 09-12-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Thats a good call. Im also not the biggest Michael Johnson fan, particularly bc of his run defense. I think he's very solid in pass D, but he's just awful in run D.

If we can compliment Kenny with a Chris Horton like SS, I think that would be best for our defense. And you're right, with Mays and Berry coming out, a very solid safety will fall in this draft in round 2.

We don't need another Kenny Phillips, but an upgrade at safety wouldn't be a bad idea. Theres a guy from Texas that I have my eye on, I'm forgetting his name though.

This has nothing to do with us since we probably won't draft a DE, but #91 on Georgia Tech caught my eye. I like his motor, strength, and versatility. Reminds me of a poor man's Tuck.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats a good call. Im also not the biggest Michael Johnson fan, particularly bc of his run defense. I think he's very solid in pass D, but he's just awful in run D.

If we can compliment Kenny with a Chris Horton like SS, I think that would be best for our defense. And you're right, with Mays and Berry coming out, a very solid safety will fall in this draft in round 2.

We don't need another Kenny Phillips, but an upgrade at safety wouldn't be a bad idea. Theres a guy from Texas that I have my eye on, I'm forgetting his name though.

This has nothing to do with us since we probably won't draft a DE, but #91 on Georgia Tech caught my eye. I like his motor, strength, and versatility. Reminds me of a poor man's Tuck.

Haha it's funny you mentioned him bbd, I was already thinking about him after reading the top part of your post and was going to throw his name out there anyway. Earl Bennett #12, he's been a mid-late 1st rounders in some mocks but I honestly think if he comes out he'll be in that late 1st, early 2nd, draft range.

You'll have to look out for him when Texas is on TV, he'll remind you alot of Michael Griffin, he covers alot of ground very quickly, has a good awareness of the field, makes plays vs the run and pass. He's not an exceptional athlete like those at the top of the class, but I think he has a chance to be the 3rd best safety in the class slightly above Reshad Jones from Georgia.

Some of those guys may not even declare, but it's possible that 5 Safeties have a first round grade next year if Major Wright declares also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Haha it's funny you mentioned him bbd, I was already thinking about him after reading the top part of your post and was going to throw his name out there anyway. Earl Bennett #12, he's been a mid-late 1st rounders in some mocks but I honestly think if he comes out he'll be in that late 1st, early 2nd, draft range.

You'll have to look out for him when Texas is on TV, he'll remind you alot of Michael Griffin, he covers alot of ground very quickly, has a good awareness of the field, makes plays vs the run and pass. He's not an exceptional athlete like those at the top of the class, but I think he has a chance to be the 3rd best safety in the class slightly above Reshad Jones from Georgia.

Some of those guys may not even declare, but it's possible that 5 Safeties have a first round grade next year if Major Wright declares also.
Yeah, thats him. He's looked pretty damn good to me the few times Ive seen Texas. What's his # again? I want to scout the guy.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:

The DE from GT is Derrick Morgan 6'4 278 pounds, I can honestly say I like him better than Everson Griffon both are juniors, if both come out this year or the next I'd take Morgan over Griffon. One thing about Morgan is he is a complete non-stop motor he gives it his all on every play, he is an excellent all around DE, and I against Clemson I saw him draw double and even some triple teams all game long. Whoever picks up this kid is getting a 12+ sack guy whose great against the run.

I also have a guy who not many people know about. It's Murray State's DE Austen Lane he is right now a late rounder, but he is 6'7 265 pounds and runs a 4.6, he led Murray State with 12 sacks an 22 TFLs last year, I think he is a great sleeper pick, I believe he even had an INT or two last year as well. If he has another great season I can see him being as high as a 2nd round pick.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 09-12-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
The DE from GT is Derrick Morgan 6'4 278 pounds, I can honestly say I like him better than Everson Griffon both are juniors, if both come out this year or the next I'd take Morgan over Griffon. One thing about Morgan is he is a complete non-stop motor he gives it his all on every play, he is an excellent all around DE, and I against Clemson I saw him draw double and even some triple teams all game long. Whoever picks up this kid is getting a 12+ sack guy whose great against the run.

I also have a guy who not many people know about. It's Murray State's DE Austen Lane he is right now a late rounder, but he is 6'7 265 pounds and runs a 4.6, he led Murray State with 12 sacks an 22 TFLs last year, I think he is a great sleeper pick, I believe he even had an INT or two last year as well. If he has another great season I can see him being as high as a 2nd round pick.

Before the season started, Greg Hardy was my #1 DE, but after watching week 1, I wasn't all that impressed with him. He has motor issues, and overshoots his lane too much.

I need to see more from Hardy. A guy who might interest us from Ole Miss is a DT on their team. I don't know his name or #, but he's a big guy, more of a 2 gap run thumper. Kind of reminds me of Ron Brace.

Even last year when I was scouting Peria Jerry, this guy stuck out to me more than Jerry did. I just don't remember who he was.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Before the season started, Greg Hardy was my #1 DE, but after watching week 1, I wasn't all that impressed with him. He has motor issues, and overshoots his lane too much.

I need to see more from Hardy. A guy who might interest us from Ole Miss is a DT on their team. I don't know his name or #, but he's a big guy, more of a 2 gap run thumper. Kind of reminds me of Ron Brace.

Even last year when I was scouting Peria Jerry, this guy stuck out to me more than Jerry did. I just don't remember who he was.
I like Hardy a lot but I didn't see much of the Ole Miss game the parts I did happen to see, I didn't see Hardy on the field at all. There are three pretty good runs topping DTs at Ole Miss and I think you are talking about #57 Jerrell Powell he's 6'1 330 pounds. I honestly like #96 Scott Lawon better, he's a similar player Jeria Perry last year.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

A guy I know the Giants have/will have interest in:

-LB Rolando McClain - Alabama (Junior)

Freakishly long arms, which Reese and Ross love in prospects. Maintains separation from blockers and is able to engage and shed while getting his numbers in front of the ball carrier. Physical player that can really send a jolt to the ball carrier's helmet. Has the lateral range to shut down tackle to tackle running game. Has the long strides to cover a lot of ground in coverage, also uses his length to get up and tip passes. Balanced in the box, rarely fooled by counters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
A guy I know the Giants have/will have interest in:

-LB Rolando McClain - Alabama (Junior)

Freakishly long arms, which Reese and Ross love in prospects. Maintains separation from blockers and is able to engage and shed while getting his numbers in front of the ball carrier. Physical player that can really send a jolt to the ball carrier's helmet. Has the lateral range to shut down tackle to tackle running game. Has the long strides to cover a lot of ground in coverage, also uses his length to get up and tip passes. Balanced in the box, rarely fooled by counters.
McCain's a really good MLB who might even push Spikes for the top MLB spot, but he's a first rounder and I think we're going to be looking for a SS or DL in the first. I'm hoping Reshad Jones is available, because he would be a great compliment to Kenny P as he's also a versatile safety who can cover while also coming up and being a force in the box.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

My pick for the Giants next year is DT Arthur Jones from Syracuse

He is very strong and very disruptive and is under the radar on an ordinary team.

He would be the ideal kind of guy to develop for the future at DT.

Once the juniors start declaring I expect him to slip.