Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm calling it now, Chad Pennington: 2010 NFL Comeback Player of the Year

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never* root for a player to get injured, but regardless of that, I'm a bit disappointed to see Pennington get hurt. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Henne actually gives them a better chance to win I think. He is a better fit for their receiving weapons, especially Ted Ginn Jr.

^
Thats why.

* Except for Leonard Little. I hope every game for him to tear both ACL's, MCL's, PCL's, break his arm and suffer an abdominal tear every game.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Henne doesn't do well, there's always Pat White. If he comes in and does well then it could affect the draft stock of Tebow indirectly.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pennington is 33. He's only played 10 or more games in a season 5 times, in 10 seasons. He's only played 16 games twice. I think he tries to come back with another team next year but he won't get a starting job. Probably a 1 year contract with the Cowboys or something, probably goes on IR during the pre-season, then retires.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
His career is over man, I mean a person shouldn't really be able to comeback from 3 shoulder surgeries on the same shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
His career is over man, I mean a person shouldn't really be able to comeback from 2 shoulder surgeries on the same shoulder
I've read this post before.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I've read this post before.
This is the second straight time someone has quoted a post of mine with the same line. No way is Pennington coming back after this, in a major role I should say.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins draft a Qb in 2010.

Henne is not going to pan out, or do much. If he really was better than Chad he would have beat him out in camp.

I say Henne goes about 6-8 games and then Pat White comes in, to see what he has.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

Henne is not going to pan out, or do much. If he really was better than Chad he would have beat him out in camp.

I say Henne goes about 6-8 games and then Pat White comes in, to see what he has.
I don't see Bill Parcells drafting a QB in 3 straight drafts. Unless Henne absolutely implodes and Pat White does worse, he won't draft another QB. Sporano and Parcells stick by their veterans, that is a large reason that Pennington was back under center, not to mention if it ain't broke, then don't mess with it. The Dolphins had a good thing going last year with him as their starter, why would you change that in the offseason?

Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Shiver did you see Ginn while Henne was in? He was still terrible and dropped about 3 balls he should have easily had.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

Josh Johnson is one recent example, casting my mind back Romo and Bledsoe, Brady and Bledsoe, Griese, Delhomme and Aaron Brooks, Leftwich and Garrard.

There's plenty of QBs who've sat on the bench and been better options than the current starter. I'm doubting that's the case here, but there's a very definite possibility that the Dolphins went with Pennington because he was the safer option. Not necessarily the guy who could do the most damage to defense, or put up the most points, but because he was the most likely to give you a 65-70% completion rating and not turn it over.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hey Shiver did you see Ginn while Henne was in? He was still terrible and dropped about 3 balls he should have easily had.
and his family has been ******* useless!!!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
and his family has been ******* useless!!!
Haha. Ginn has all the speed in the world but still can't catch the ball. I don't think that'll ever change much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha. Ginn has all the speed in the world but still can't catch the ball. I don't think that'll ever change much.
I don't think so either, I was not that high on him as a prospect for the same reasons he is failing as a pro.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I don't think so either, I was not that high on him as a prospect for the same reasons he is failing as a pro.
I tend to downgrade the speed WR's in the draft. It seems like a 50% or less success rate the last 4 or 5 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I tend to downgrade the speed WR's in the draft. It seems like a 50% or less success rate the last 4 or 5 years.
and 100% on the ones who can't freaking catch. NFL scouts still haven't figured this one out.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
and 100% on the ones who can't freaking catch. NFL scouts still haven't figured this one out.
Well that's the thing. The speedy guys are usually the ones who can't catch. It's a Catch 22 with them. Hell yeah you like what I did there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I'm calling it now, Chad Pennington: Newest ESPN Anchor

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote