Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-29-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I still think a lot of Tucker Max's stories, although based on true events, are greatly exaggerated.
I don't buy that much of what he says is true. I think it's about 95% ********.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is being littered with non-sense spat out by Tucker Max. I'd agree with Brent about the only things being true are names for the most part and places if that.

I'm not much of a reader but my friend recommended Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No lie but Awfullyquiet and her arguments have intrigued my curiosity on Tucker Max.....now i kinda feel the urge to pick up one of his books and see what this is all about....

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm reading the Epic of Gilgamesh for my ancient literature class.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
No lie but Awfullyquiet and her arguments have intrigued my curiosity on Tucker Max.....now i kinda feel the urge to pick up one of his books and see what this is all about....
I think someone that "claims" to be a douche bag, is a douche bag because he's trying to be a douche bag.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I think someone that "claims" to be a douche bag, is a douche bag because he's trying to be a douche bag.
Well I already that conclusion....but I want to see whats in the middle like all the meat.

I've come to the conclusion that, everythings been done, beginnings and endings are predictable for the most part....what sets books and movies too apart from eac other is what is inbetween the beginning and end.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is awesome.

As is Brodeck's Report.

And, of course, this :

Also, if you can somehow get a hand on it, "Provincetown Playhouse, july 1919" is possibly the best play I've ever read.

Note that if you understand french you're probably better off reading the play and the first two novels in their original version.

Last edited by Job : 09-29-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I didn't like BNW....maybe they just assigned it to us he worst year...senior year

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Brave New World. Didn't read it for a class though. As much as I love 1984, it's a better book.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I loved Brave New World. Didn't read it for a class though. As much as I love 1984, it's a better book.
I mean it was a good book i guess, but knowing that Imma be tested on it and stuff made it a turn off. I dont like to be forced to read anything....i nevr got past chapter 10 though

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed the scientific aspect of BNW and the examination of a society that it gave, but I just despised all the characters so much. I dont know, I always found it to be one of those books you appreciate more then enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huxley is a pretty strange writer; Brave New World would probably have to be considered one of his more accessible works. It's definitely one of the monumental dystopian works to date.

I read Tucker Max's book while in the midst of a horrible fever (I don't exactly recall how that came to pass, but it did) and came away with two impressions. First off, there's no way the Tucker Max in the book is an honest representation of the writer and second, while the writing isn't bad, the subject matter is mostly utterly reprehensible. The book is basically a relatively eloquent version of "Dude, remember that one time..." with all the bravado that usually accompanies such things.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call falling for the trap. In the end, Tucker Max don't give a **** why you bought one of his books, just that you bought it.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:35 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call falling for the trap. In the end, Tucker Max don't give a **** why you bought one of his books, just that you bought it.
Typhoid Mary? Meet Chlamydia Max.

on BNW

The more I look back on 1984, the more it frightens me. I think BNW is the better book, but the presentation of characters in 1984 and the power of doublethink is absolutely phenomenal.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished reading this for about the fifth time. It's an excellent book, and really shows how truly useless the UN is in actually dealing with anything, rather than just talking about dealing with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

The more I look back on 1984, the more it frightens me. I think BNW is the better book, but the presentation of characters in 1984 and the power of doublethink is absolutely phenomenal.
I will give that 1984 is slightly more scary in the sense that the people and the world they live in are more human than Brave New World, so it's easier to emphasize with.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I will give that 1984 is slightly more scary in the sense that the people and the world they live in are more human than Brave New World, so it's easier to emphasize with.
Or empathize even..........................

Quote:

Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Or empathize even..........................
****. I'm tired. That's really ironic though haha.

Just finished Dunces last night. I really enjoyed the way things were wrapped up. Really rewarding read for something I just sort of picked up. I have nothing to read now though :( Lot's of free time this week as well. A trip to the bookstore is probably in order.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-30-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Imbibing a girl until she's unable to actually consent.
Is that or is that not rape?

Is that what he does?
Yes.

http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/sh...&postcount=134

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE.

The entire concept of him trying to edge and skirt the line of 'what consent really is' is disgusting. He's a ******* lawyer. He's enjoying his time ******* people over for calling him what he really is. Some dude who inches closer and closer to what is really rape.

The objectification he makes of women not as people (*COUGH LIKE MYSELF*) but as just orifices regardless of consequence (and rules that he can bend), is sicking, revolting, and awful. his perception of women, i believe is shared, and enjoyed by many, many people.

and i cannot stand by and say, i enjoy being called a *****, a ****, or a ***** by men. and yet, this is what he espouses. once you break it into mens mind that women 'are' said things, the next step is easy.

"88 percent of men who reported an assault that met the legal definition of rape were adamant that they had not raped." (some university of texas study)

The subconsciousness of what men perceive to be rape, and what it is legally, are two VERY separate instances.

Of course, anyone who speaks up is a dumb fat ******* feminist anyway to him as bad as rapists anyway for calling him one. The entire **** is just ridiculous. And this isn't really the proper forum. But if you for one second think that anything in that book is remotely close to 'man, that's totally cool'. you are so ******* full of fail. exaggerated or not, the line is there, and a bunch of ******** men are going to cross it, rape innocent women, and not go to jail.

I will cave and say, yeah, it's freedom of speech. Doesn't make him any less of a douchebag than white supremacist. Wait. His fans are racist too?

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...e-with-racism/
The link you posted shows one messageboard post, and the link to the provided article is dead.

You're way overboard on this. Having sex with a drunk chick is rape? That's news to me. There's a difference between having sex with a flooz who loses her inhibitions when she's drunk and raping an unresponsive, comatose girl. Huge difference.

This is the biggest beef I have with your entire outlook on men and women. To you, women are nothing but victims in this big, bad misogynistic world. If women don't want to be treated like objects, well damn, they should stop objectifying THEMSELVES. Women receive the exact amount of respect from men that they demand. If they act like floozies, dress up like whores for attention and validation, and get drunk so they can have sex and not feel guilty about it, then whose fault is that? It's men's fault for making them do it right? Conversely, if a guy wakes up in the morning next to some beast of a woman who he would never have sex with if in a sober state, then whose fault is that? Did the woman take advantage of the man in that instance? No, it's just deemed as poor judgment.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 09-30-2009 at 11:42 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
If women don't want to be treated like objects, well damn, they should stop objectifying THEMSELVES.
You think I disagree with this or something? My contempt for women is only superseded by my contempt for men.

Of course. Its OUR FAULT we're objectified, not the people doing the objectification. It's our fault we dress the way we do to elicit male attention, 'because our gender is hardwired for whoredom'. Its so easy to put the hat on us and tell us to change. Tell me, what have men done that's so inspiring in taking care of woman in todays frat-boy society? Where's the validation for women who aren't floozies or tramps? I can tell you the picking is shallow as can be.

W/e. I know the concept is lost on many, many, many men. But until you know the struggles of being a woman which aren't paralleled by being a man, the advantages people try to take of you because you're a woman, it will continue to be lost.

And. Since we're referring to you in this situation. Lets talk california. KTHX?

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/261.html

(a) Rape is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a
person not the spouse of the perpetrator, under any of the following
circumstances:
(3) Where a person is prevented from resisting by any intoxicating
or anesthetic substance, or any controlled substance, and this
condition was known, or reasonably should have been known by the
accused.

too drunk to speak correctly.

there's SO MUCH GREY AREA between "a flooz who loses her inhibitions when she's drunk and raping an unresponsive, comatose girl." Huge difference. Sure, when it's black and white, there's an easy choice to be made. What about in the grey area?

sure, there's a time and a place for drunk sex. after consent has been reached. most of the time it hasn't been 'consented', but only assumed. meh, she's drunk, she won't care, she was asking for it, and she's kinda a floozy for getting really drunk. how often have i seen guys pegging which of the sloshed girls he's going to try to pick up and take home? lots. men do not have the rational capability, when they're drunk, to objectively think 'hey, does she really want to do this?'. no, the only thing on their mind is, where do i sign up.

I think you're saying that women are consciously making the decision to get drunk so they won't feel bad about 'having wild and drunk consensual sex'. I think if you believe all sex is consensual in situations like that, you're blind as hell. Women become targets when they drink. So women adapted, brought friends, and designated drivers. Men adapted, brought 'wingmen' and scurried the friends off, to leave the man with the most vulnerable one. I don't know if you've been drunk before YFS, but your cognitive skills are impaired. Do you expect everyone who goes out thinks that, man, i want to get laid, so i'm going to get shitfaced so i don't feel bad about who I have sex with tonight? or is it more, i want to go out, get sloshed with my friends, have fun, and enjoy the rest of my night? i can tell you, for as many times as i've had one too many drinks, the moment that happens, you have guys trying to take you home, even when it's not your intention for that evening.

i'm not denying women do the former, but, men, for the most part don't care about the why, they care about the what. and the what is their deep seated desire to feel better about themselves by putting more notches in their headboard. yes, it is ambiguious, but, men take no care or concern for the law, and yes, it takes alcohol for them to fuel that iron resolve of, no, it isn't rape, yes, she consented (i think), no i didn't take advantage of her. no i'm not going to call her again, it was just a... 'thing'.

I hate the fact that I can't actually have more than a drink or two in public without fear that some guy is going to try to get me to have sex with him, because i'm drunk. It's unnerving, unreasonable, and misogynistic.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

currently reading this

Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Never read Coupland.

I'm assuming it's not bad work. Correct?

Has anyone ever read anything by Richard Powers?

Old 09-30-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:

I hate the fact that I can't actually have more than a drink or two in public without fear that some guy is going to try to get me to have sex with him, because i'm drunk. It's unnerving, unreasonable, and misogynistic.
I'm not going to quote the whole post here. First off, let me say that I basically agree with you AQ.

I would however like to make one point, and that is this. Most women seem to lack common sense in one key area. And the area is friendship. Let me just say this now. Pass it on to your friends.

If you have a straight guy friend who is single (or possibly not), and you are even halfway decent looking, he will bang you. He wants to bang you. He's thought about banging you. If he sees the slightest opportunity to bang you, he will bang you.

And the problem is, women don't seem to see this. How many of you guys have been dating a girl who meets a new guy "friend" who she thinks is so nice and sweet, and is just her friend, and isn't interested in banging her. You tell her he just wants to bang her, but she can't possibly imagine this is the case. And then he makes a move, she shuts him down, and then she can't figure out why he turned into such an asshat?

And then these are the people you go to the bar with. The "good guy" "good friend" who would never take advantage of you. And then when he makes a move, you guys are shocked. And when you wake up next to him, you still can't believe it happened. And then when he's an asshat afterwards, you are even more astounded.

So in summation, every straight guy you know will bang you if given a chance, guys are mostly asshats with a few decent ones sprinkled in (I like to think of myself as one of those, but my fiance is ridiculously pissed at me, so what do I know), and if you realize this, you may not be put into completely awkward situations as often.

That said, we suck, and we know we do.

Quote:

Old 09-30-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

What's the base of the problem?

The same thread that runs through literature.

Mens inability to separate themselves from their dicks.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mens inability to separate themselves from their dicks.
I'm sorry, what were you saying? Something about wiener-envy? :D

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote