Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Thoughts/questions after the game:

1) Relief - we got out with a win, even if it's a little "homely"
2) It had been so long since we got a turnover I almost didn't recognize them
3) Could Tashard Choice be our best draft pick from the 2007 draft?
4) Is anyone else a little disappointed in Bennett? I'm not seeing the matchup chaos he was supposed the create, and it seems like he has trouble executing. He's still young so he may come along this season, but after the way all the writers raved about him in TC, I was expecting more.
5) Why don't we target Austin more?
6) I now join D-unit in questioning Spencer's value. He did make some plays in coverage, but he's not the pass rusher that was sold to us during the 2006 draft. Butler showed a lot more.
7) Do you think the Cowboys will practice tackling skills more during TC next year?
8) Newman is still a top CB
I actually thought Spencer had a very good game last week. Today... not so much.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy's drops shouldnt surprise you, he has three on the season already and he's a known drop guy. Makes the difficult ones look easy and the easy one look difficult a lot of the time.

Scandrick did well in coverage, had a nice hit on the sideline late in the game.

I think Jenkins played very well tonight, Rosario's TD bleh but, he was solid, imo.

Run blocking was studly but, Colombo was terrrrrible in pass protection. Tony was forced to make a lot of plays with his feet today because, the Panthers were getting good pressure.

Yes, Felix strained his knee and left the game.

Sam Hurd barely gets to play in the offense, I dont know what Miles excuse is. But in fairness to Miles, he doesnt see the field a whole lot either. A lot more than Sam but, he's not seeing as much time as I thought the 3rd guy would get.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm coming in to give some credit where credit is due, and sing Flozell's praises. I don't give a flying **** that he has two false start penalties a game, he's still beasting it out there. Shut down Peppers after shutting down Umenyiora, and made some very athletic plays on the outside run game. He's playing at a Pro-Bowl level again, and damn is it helping the run game.

I thought Romo looked a lot better today. There was a few times where he should have stepped up in the pocket and he didn't, and made some errant throws, but overall he played very well. It's exactly what we were talking about last week. He's the easiest to control on offense. I do think they need to get some more Roy Williams in there, he made some pretty sweet plays.

Also, Roy's ball in the end zone wasn't a drop, the CB slapped his arm after he was kinda bobbling it.

Speaking of which, Jason Garrett is a ************* moron. You all know exactly what i'm talking about, and that **** is just ridiculous. Wade needs to go over there and slap some ******* sense into him.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a drop. It hit him square in the hands up high. That's a play a number 1 receiver should have no problem making. Granted, T.O. probably would have dropped it also.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-29-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to get into a rhythm when you're targeted once a quarter. He probably should have made the play, but i'm not gonna ride him for it. We had no business throwing it to him anyway. WTF is the point of throwing two fade routes at the one yard line when you've been owning all night on the ground.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh I know, Garrett needs to get his **** together. He called pass three times on the one yard line. Once out of a shotgun formation. (Romo checked to run)
Ugh. He's just making things more difficult for us. We only averaged 8 yards per carry and their D proved to be extemly soft up the middle, what's one more yard? grrr.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-29-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Like i said, Wade needs to grow some balls and tell him he's ******* up.

And did anyone else notice that zone coverage was just about non-existent this game? Whaddaya know, our guys shut them down completely. Newman played Smith about as well as you can.

Our defense still needs to clean up their tackling though, especially our secondary. Mike Jenkins missed some pretty big tackles, and our safeties ******* suck donkey balls. The pressure needs some tweaking also because Delhomme needs to get beat up a lot more than he got today. Although not as much worried as there was noticeably less blitzing because of the constant double teaming of Smith.

There's a lot that needs improving, but this is a very good team.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to hear any criticism of our WRs or the passing attack. They were playing a two deep shell for basically the entirety of that game and all the down-the-field stuff was being taken away.

Not just that, but we play about 50-60% of our downs with two or more TEs in the game. In fact, I would bet that about 20% of our plays today had only a single WR in the game. That means not a lot of reps for the 3rd and 4th guy. Combine that with the 2 deep coverage they played and you see why neither Hurd or Austin had much effect on the game.

Now look at the 32 runs for 212 yards and the 9 receptions for Witten, 3 for Choice and 1 for Jones and you see that we still took advantage of what the D was giving us. It was in no way a lack of ability to get the WRs the ball or us struggling to move the ball in the first place. We had 450 yards, and would have scored 30+ for the 3rd straight game if we had not had such a breakdown in discipline and execution at key points during what should have been scoring drives.

The negatives in this one come down to key penalties and a couple of missed assignments in pass pro, its that simple. That's the only thing that kept this game from being a complete laugher right from the beginning. And that's not an excuse. If we don't get that crap fixed, we can kiss the playoffs good-bye, let alone any talk about reaching the SB.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allow me to offer some comments on Jason Garrett's goal line playcalling -- about 40 kinds of ****** up.

2 fade routes to the corner of the EZ when they outweigh the opposing d-linemen 30 lbs/man? When the Panthers best run stuffers are out? WTF was he thinking?

I know what I was thinking when they settled for that fg: The panic button & 1-2 is getting closer & closer.

Best hit of the night was mega-fatboy Leonard Davis launching a Carolina DB airborne blocking downfield, well actually shoved downfield by Choice. I thought Finally! a return to Dallas FB!

Scandrick & Igor improved & the defense took away Smith, they were forced to go to Rosario in single coverage to score.

Romo still took scary chances, that crossfield desperation pass was a heartstopper, but the FB gods were smiling on Dallas, like the offensive PI call that saved a TD. Dallas caught some real breaks at home Monday night. And arent you as sick & tired of Bobby Carpoenter's missed tackles as I am?

Now Fox has to push that button at 0-3 save his job. And that's too damn bad, Fox is a truly nice guy HC in a profession inhabited by sharks. he's built his team from scratch the right way & now, in keeping with the NFC South tradition, they won it last season so they're doomed to go to the bottom this yr.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I can't wait to see Jason Williams...hopefuilly he sees the field this season because barbie doesn't derseve to be on the field.

Good tough win...Jenkins had a good game today I thought.
I agree. Carpenter is awful. When is Williams supposed to come back?
Anyway I don't remember who said that but I also think that Romo was afraid to throw the ball to his WRs... But he played very good in the second half, the entire team played good after halftime... I think we are slowly getting back on track...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
... I think we are slowly getting back on track...
I agree so long as we keep Tony Turnover, turnover free.

If we had played crisp lat night I would be happier. We got a huge PI call that changed the game, missed a FG, had silly play calling and a few OL penalties.

If we don't get those and still win 21-7 -- I would be happier. The score is not the issue -- it is the attitude we play with which as of yet is pretty guh-hay.

But see what no turnovers does for you???
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

This performance is exactly why i wasn't panicking about Romo throwing picks last week. It's all good. That can be easily taken care of.

What does need adjustment is Garrett. It's getting beat over and over again, but really, he needs to snap the **** out of whatever funk he's in when we get in goal to go situations.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the back to back fade calls. The one to Roy "shoudl have " been a td.

and I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with Tony to Tellus at the LOS.,..but figure that **** out during the damn week...christ thats two games they weren't even close to on the same page. I throw 2 fades for one simple reason. On 4th we are going to run it in. I wouldn't have kicked the field goal.

I don't agree that my/or Garretts for that matter are right...but I got to say I was yelling at the TV to throw the fade again...we just didn't execute. That play should be automatic with Martellus or Roy.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Fades are far from automatic...take the easy points on the ground. We were only averaging 8 yards per carry. ugh. I've never seen a coordinator call so many goal line passes in my life. Really, it should be expected from us. We do it that much. Seems like he's always trying to pad those passing stats instead of making the smart play call.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-29-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would pay to see Garrett call a naked bootleg or QB sneak at the goal.

But last night, no excuse, 2nd and Goal at the One.

Give me a f*ing brake Jason.

As Jimmy Johnson said, keep it simple stupid.

Tashard left (2nd)
Tashard right (3rd)
Tashard up the middle (4th)

Rather be rich than right .........
Old 09-29-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I have to admit that Garrett certainly does have some good potential still but, he is still prone to some very stupid decisions and he gets way too pass happy. He's still not an amazing game manager, either. If the run is working, keep running. See the Giants game. He's going to start costing us games. If we lost yesterday, he would have received a big chunk of the blame with his mismanagement at the goal line.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I have to admit that Garrett certainly does have some good potential still but, he is still prone to some very stupid decisions and he gets way too pass happy. He's still not an amazing game manager, either. If the run is working, keep running. See the Giants game. He's going to start costing us games. If we lost yesterday, he would have received a big chunk of the blame with his mismanagement at the goal line.
I am going to say something here in defense of Red --- if he had a workhorse RB would he call it differently??

Sometimes I get the feeling he is trying to keep them fresh even at the expense of driving a nail into the coffin of the competition.

MBIII and Felix are proving a bit injury prone and Tashard is fine but not a stud.

I would love to see a 45 Runs and 25 Pass game with 25 first downs and 40 minute T.O.P. but that requires a lot more carries than most our guys are accostumed to.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm I don't know... If Roy caught that ball now Garret's would look like he made the right choice. Roy was one on one and had a clear advantage in size. The CB made a good play but he should have caught it. Stupid penalties killed us near the endzone.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote