Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sanu looked the part big time yesterday. He's an older true freshmen so that's probably why. How do you think Savage looked?
I kind of stopped paying attention midway through the 3rd. His arm isn't as live as Natale, but at least his accuracy was a little better.

He seems hesitant in the pocket though. He needs to get that ball out quicker.

Natale's issues were mainly timing. He threw 1 boneheaded pick, but the rest was just inaccuracy from timing issues or miscommunication.

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. i just want us to run the ball 80% of the time and do bubble screens until we get some confidence in that qb position.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's what they tried to do yesterday but the defense sucked so we had to start passing downfield which led to more problems.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt we abandoned the downhill run game way too soon in that game though. We ran way too much shotgun and reverses early on in the game.

If we just stuck to the plan and ran like hell, the first half wouldnt have been as lopsided.

In college ball, you don't need to abandon the run like the NFL. if you can run like hell and score, which I think we can with that oline and run game, just keep doing it. Screw it. the clock briefly stops after 1st downs anyway. keep pounding it.

But yeah, until we fix that defense, its a moot point. Our D looked awful.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The stupid Jabu package really hurt us on a lot of drives as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-08-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

yeah that was terrible.

They ran a 3-4 D that clearly could be had up the gut, yet we're running all this garbage trying to get around the edge on them.

It was just a bad game all around. From the top down. I see the offensive issues as being correctable with time, but the defense...i don't know. i don't know how you fix that.

All I can see them do is blitz like hell and hope for the best.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sanu looked the part big time yesterday. He's an older true freshmen so that's probably why. How do you think Savage looked?
I wouldn't read too much into how Savage did. I thought he did show some nice accuracy and zip though. He does hold onto the ball too long but that's to be expected of most young quarterbacks. I don't think I've saw anyone hold the ball longer than Jimmy Clausen did his freshman year, so I'm sure Savage will adjust to getting rid of the ball.

That said Cincinatti was giving him all the underneath routes in the world at the end of the game when he was in because clearly they just were playing to avoid getting beat deep so again, I think you'll really see how well he preforms once Rutgers gets to the bulk of the Big East schedule. These next few games should be a good time to get his feet wet though.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I wouldn't read too much into how Savage did. I thought he did show some nice accuracy and zip though. He does hold onto the ball too long but that's to be expected of most young quarterbacks. I don't think I've saw anyone hold the ball longer than Jimmy Clausen did his freshman year, so I'm sure Savage will adjust to getting rid of the ball.

That said Cincinatti was giving him all the underneath routes in the world at the end of the game when he was in because clearly they just were playing to avoid getting beat deep so again, I think you'll really see how well he preforms once Rutgers gets to the bulk of the Big East schedule. These next few games should be a good time to get his feet wet though.
Yeah considering the situation I was more concerned with how hard he threw the ball, his footwork, looking at his different reads, receiving the ball etc. Ray Lucas had only glowing things to say him in the postgame in regards to most of that stuff so we'll see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-08-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah considering the situation I was more concerned with how hard he threw the ball, his footwork, looking at his different reads, receiving the ball etc. Ray Lucas had only glowing things to say him in the postgame in regards to most of that stuff so we'll see.
Well I thought he looked really good, even though Cinci was making it really easy for him. Quck release, good arm strength, good accracy.

Overall (considering the circumstances) I thought he was pretty impressive.

Sanu looks awesome though. He really impressed me more than just about anyone in the game.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I know it's against Howard but Tom Savage is the real deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm missing the game :(
Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know it's against Howard but Tom Savage is the real deal.
Agreed. He also throws a very nice deep ball. I think Tim Brown is going to have a huge year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Savage to Sanu all day for my 4 years at Rutgers? I love it <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game today. Martinek went in to beast mode and Natale has proven that he is not even a decent QB. I want Savage back.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Defense stepped up today finally. I know it's against a bad Maryland offense but still good to see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

My favorite player on the team is Mohammed Sanu.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My favorite player on the team is Mohammed Sanu.
I'll tell you already right now he's an NFL WR.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'll tell you already right now he's an NFL WR.
I believe it. You can just see it in him. He's not only going to be an NFL WR, but he's gonna be a 1st round pick as well.

He's got the goods.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Does anybody know Sanu's 40 time?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Does anybody know Sanu's 40 time?
Rivals has him at a 4.43 coming out of high school.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Rivals has him at a 4.43 coming out of high school.
If thats the case, Sanu is truly the real deal. He has great hands, good route runner, good speed. I agree with you guys, he may very well be a 1st round pick in 3 or 4 years. Sanu and Savage should be fun to watch over the next few years.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm glad we have the extra time off to get Savage fully healthy now. He gets one warm up game in Texas Southern before starting the Big East schedule.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

we really need more talent on defense though.

we have to do a better job recruiting defense.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The defensive talent is there. They are young though. The recruiting class we got this year is going to solve a lot of those problems.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ran track against Sanu's HS, he was an insanely good triple jumper and long jumper. Not too much of a shock though, kid's a super athlete.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Let's not forget he's also already 20 years old so he does have those extra years on other true freshmen.

sig by BoneKrusher