Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Im looking forward to seeing william moore and tye hill vs the 49ers.
Yeah definitely. If Hill turns out to be like Foxworth, I will be ecstatic. I haven't seen any of Moore on the field either. I made a thread about him after his beastly junior season and hoped the Falcons would draft him (Sam Baker was also on some early top 5 big board list of mine). I wonder how he turns out.

I can't wait to see some Norwood action against the Niners too. I really like how we utilized him against Miami (i think he had 5 catches for 50 yards) and I hope to see more of that against a stout run D.

Man this Sunday is gonna blow without the Falcons. I am gonna watch the Ravens-Patriots game though...check out Flacco.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im gonna work and miss the 9ers game. ********.

I'll miss the next three, ******* working sunday evenings.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:12 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im gonna work and miss the 9ers game. ********.

I'll miss the next three, ******* working sunday evenings.
That blowsssssssssssss
Old 10-02-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just going to warn you guys, apparently the 49ers fans are really touchy...not sure what I did to set them off so bad, but they didn't like me and it shows lol.

I'm still surprised they're 2-1 w/o a QB to really lead them, it's really a testament to how good of a TEAM they have there, they would be 3-0 if it weren't for a miracle play, and they've got the Rams this week, so they'll be coming into the Falcons game 3-1. I'm hoping to leave there 3-1, and leave them licking their wounds.

If someone wouldn't mind going over there and reading my post and commenting back on it, I'd really like to not upset other team's members on the board. But I do want to have some good football talk against opponents, that's a big appeal to it all for me.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We 49ers fans were angry because Shaun Hill actually is a good QB, not a bad or non-existent one.
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
We 49ers fans were angry because Shaun Hill actually is a good QB, not a bad or non-existent one.
Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer
Old 10-04-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excited for the 49ers-Falcons game next week. Matt Ryan is one of my favorite QB's and Gonzo is always a pleasure to watch. Should be a fun, competitive game next week.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers destroyed the Rams, much to my fantasy benefit. But we are much, much better than the Rams. (Kyle Boller, Donnie Avery, Randy McMichael, etc.)

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon<3 View Post
Shaun Hill = Trent Dilfer
Shaun Hill, for some odd reason, ends up winning games. Be it the lack of good competition, or good performances by the defense or running games, the 49ers are 10-4 under (1 miracle pass from 11-3) Shaun Hill as a starter. Do you want to know what other QBs are starting in the league compared to him? Seneca Wallace, JaMarcus Russell, Derek Anderson, Chad Henne, Kyle Boller, Josh Johnson, Kerry Collins, and Jason Campbell are all starting QBs; I would easily pick Shaun Hill over any of them. And its not as if the 49ers need great pocket passer when their team is built around a strong defense (2nd in scoring, 7th in terms of yards. 13th in terms of yards last year) and run game. That formula seems to be working out...they beat their division rivals (NFC Champs) at their house to start the season and went toe to toe with a SB contender at their dome while dominating the lesser teams they are matched up against.

This game seems to get more and more difficult, but I think the bye week will help us focus and realize we can't overlook this game. I don't expect the run game to get going because the 49ers are great against the run; they ranked 8th in terms of YPC given up in 2008 (3.3 YPC) and currently rank 4th in the league by giving up 3.0 YPC, and they just played Adrian Peterson and Steven Jackson (could you imagine our defense against those 2 players? lol...). I think Ryan and Gonzo start hooking up again with some deep throws to White being completed if our offense is going to get going. Our defense receives a huge boost because Frank Gore is out, so stopping their run game might be in the question. Our best bet is to get Hill to beat us through the air...but that just might happen as well.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not too worried bout this weeks game. If we cannot beat San Fran then we have some issues.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Not too worried bout this weeks game. If we cannot beat San Fran then we have some issues.
You do realize that you barely beat 0-3 Carolina and 1-3 Miami and got the crapped kicked out of you by the one good team you played?

EDIT: No disrespect intended. If the 49ers play like they did this week, you guys will probably win but it isn't going to be easy. The 49ers defense is better than anything you have faced thus far.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-05-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
You do realize that you barely beat 0-3 Carolina and 1-3 Miami and got the crapped kicked out of you by the one good team you played?
Sounds like you're pretty confident that you guys will pull home the W. That may be the case, but it won't be without an extremely hard fought game by the Falcons, it's going to be a long trip out to San Fran, but I think our players will be ready for that trip because our coaches will force them to be. I think Singletary is a fantastic coach, but I think Atlanta's offense should finally show up after the bye week. The Falcons aren't a team you want to give that much prep time to. At least that's how I see it.

Shaun Hill just doesn't make dumb mistakes with the ball, that's why I call him Trent Dilfer, that defense is winning them games, and Hill is just doing his job. It's not an insult, Dilfer Quarterbacked a super bowl champion. Not saying that the 9ers are that this year, but they're a solid TEAM w/o a lot of stars. The fact that Gore should be out for this game should help the Falcons in terms of forcing Hill to throw to beat them, but this game is one I hard marked down, along with the Jets, to be tough before the season even started.

Here's to a healthy week, and a good game this weekend.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:

EDIT: No disrespect intended. If the 49ers play like they did this week, you guys will probably win but it isn't going to be easy. The 49ers defense is better than anything you have faced thus far.
Is this a serious comment? Im not even about to argue w/ a 9ers fan who is pumped coming off defeating the incredible St Louis high school.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I'm not pumped at all, in fact I am disappointed. But it is an unarguable fact that neither of us has beaten a good team and the 49ers came much closer than the Falcons did against the good team they faced.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go 49ers!! The most intelligent discussions are these pre-game.

It doesn't matter who wins this game, clearly the better team is the one who played better against their previous opponents this year.

I hate all this. Good luck falcons, good luck 9ers. See you sunday.

/pre-game discussion

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-06-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn Coffee will come up Venti against our run defense I think.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Go 49ers!! The most intelligent discussions are these pre-game.

It doesn't matter who wins this game, clearly the better team is the one who played better against their previous opponents this year.

I hate all this. Good luck falcons, good luck 9ers. See you sunday.

/pre-game discussion
love it, bos is my man friend
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
I think you're underestimating them. They have a dirty defense as well as some firepower on O. We'll need to come out smoking to get the W.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

16-14 Falcons anyone?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I hope the team opens things up offensively. I don't think we can get Turner going against Patrick Willis and co., so it is up to Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez to win this game for us. Hopefully that week off gave them an opportunity to dissect the 49ers mediocre pass defense. After all that is what Minnesota did to beat them and they have Adrian Peterson.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I hope the team opens things up offensively. I don't think we can get Turner going against Patrick Willis and co., so it is up to Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez to win this game for us. Hopefully that week off gave them an opportunity to dissect the 49ers mediocre pass defense. After all that is what Minnesota did to beat them and they have Adrian Peterson.
And hopefully Abe can notch some more pressure this week. SF hasn't been great at pass pro IIRC.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I think the important thing for us is that Frank Gore won't play. He would shred us if he was playing; whereas Glen Coffee is not someone I fear.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
You mean the mediocre pass defense that is 10th in passing yards allowed, has 5 interceptions (tied for 4th) and has only allowed 4 touchdowns (tied for 5th), giving up 5.9 yards per attempt (5th), a 56.8 completion percentage (6th), and holding QBs to a 69.3 QB rating (5th)? That mediocre pass defense?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
You mean the mediocre pass defense that is 10th in passing yards allowed, has 5 interceptions (tied for 4th) and has only allowed 4 touchdowns (tied for 5th), giving up 5.9 yards per attempt (5th), a 56.8 completion percentage (6th), and holding QBs to a 69.3 QB rating (5th)? That mediocre pass defense?

Statistics are terribly skewed this early in the season: the 49ers shut down Seneca Wallace, Kyle Boller, hardly impressive. Kurt Warner went for 288 yards and 1/2 TD-INT without Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston. Brett Favre had a great game against the 49ers' secondary and we have a better passing attack than they do.

Last edited by Shiver : 10-07-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Our offense needs the running game to step up. We should have blown out all 3 of our opponents if our running game was present. We have become like the cardinals offense, just relying on their pass game.

Quote:
we all hate you