Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Fletcher to Redskins, 5 year deal

Per ESPN radio.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He won't last 5 years, at least not as an effective starter. I thought Lemar Marshall was pretty good, I didn't watch any Skins games this year though aside from a few ******s between Bills commercials.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i saw it on Bottomline too...

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25072

that just says a bunch of stuff useless facts.

I'll pass my judgement when i see the money figure.. i'm scared you guys. Someone hold me.
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

**** now we can't trade you Vilma for #6 and Portis. Not that it would ever happen, but, I like to think about it.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
He won't last 5 years, at least not as an effective starter. I thought Lemar Marshall was pretty good, I didn't watch any Skins games this year though aside from a few ******s between Bills commercials.
LeMar Marshall was absolutely terrible last season.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he sure was

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No suprise that he ended up there, but my guess is that he'll go in the tubes like everyone else as well

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
**** now we can't trade you Vilma for #6 and Portis. Not that it would ever happen, but, I like to think about it.
Yeah, no. I like Vilma but there's no way he's worth #6 (Alan Branch, Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams) and Portis for 25 (?) and Vilma. The only way i would have even considered this is if you guys had thrown in a second and maybe something late too.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT reports;

"A league source tells us that linebacker London Fletcher has agreed to terms with the Washington Redskins.

Per the source, it's a five-year, $25 million deal. It pays a $10.5 million signing bonus and pays out $12.5 million over the first two years.

Washington was Fletcher's first and only visit. Other teams that were interested in the nine-year veteran were the Bills, Lions, and Patriots."

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
LeMar Marshall was absolutely terrible last season.
Thanks, wanted to make sure. He looked good when he stepped in along with Antonio Pierce that year where your linebackers all got injured and they still played well with him and Pierce in there. Guess he will be a backup again.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
No suprise that he ended up there, but my guess is that he'll go in the tubes like everyone else as well
Let me first start by saying screw you. That is the least factual statement i have ever read. Just to let you know i read PFT and Pasquarelli sometimes.

I guess you forgot about Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, Cornelius Griffin, Randy Thomas, Randle El.. just to name a few. Like everyone else? Seriously, you suck.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
GSOT
Rookie

GSOT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Let me first start by saying screw you. That is the least factual statement i have ever read. Just to let you know i read PFT and Pasquarelli sometimes.

I guess you forgot about Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, Cornelius Griffin, Randy Thomas, Randle El.. just to name a few. Like everyone else? Seriously, you suck.
Dont beat about the bush...tell him what you really think of him..lol, anyways congrats on getting London. He is a great player.
GSOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
PFT reports;

"A league source tells us that linebacker London Fletcher has agreed to terms with the Washington Redskins.

Per the source, it's a five-year, $25 million deal. It pays a $10.5 million signing bonus and pays out $12.5 million over the first two years.

Washington was Fletcher's first and only visit. Other teams that were interested in the nine-year veteran were the Bills, Lions, and Patriots."
id say thats a fair contract, pretty surprised especially if he does well for a couple years

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
Thanks, wanted to make sure. He looked good when he stepped in along with Antonio Pierce that year where your linebackers all got injured and they still played well with him and Pierce in there. Guess he will be a backup again.
Yeah he was a decent OLB... but playing MLB.. oh god. I try to forget, occaisionally i have night terrors of him watching Rbs fly past him.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
PFT reports;

not bad considering how much money has been tossed around today.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Damn the Redskins are spending the cash already...

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say that is a lot for someone his age who gets knocked for not being a playmaker, he just amasses tackles 5+ yards past the LOS.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The money is a lot but London is such an underrated player and I feel like the Bills really gave him no respect for what he did for the franchise, he deserved a phat check, didn't really want him to get that check from the skins, but I'm happy. With Cornelius Griffen and possibly Alan Branch London will thrive.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good pickup for the Skins. Fletcher still has some gas left in the tank and should shore up that defense a fair bit.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
The money is a lot but London is such an underrated player and I feel like the Bills really gave him no respect for what he did for the franchise, he deserved a phat check, didn't really want him to get that check from the skins, but I'm happy. With Cornelius Griffen and possibly Alan Branch London will thrive.
Yep, the defense should start to shape up this year. Campbell and Saunders got their stuff in check for the offense and pending the draft our defense could shape up to be nice in the next 1-2 years. Smoot is back aswell and if Springs takes a paycut we should be in good shape. Otherwise were gonna be missing out number one corner -_-
Old 03-02-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I'd say that is a lot for someone his age who gets knocked for not being a playmaker, he just amasses tackles 5+ yards past the LOS.
I do have concerns about Fletcher but at least it was for reasonable $$$ (considering the contracts signed today) and he does fill a need. I think he will suffice until they get a longer term solution in the next year or 2.
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought LeMar Marshall was pretty bad, and he was so overrated in Madden it pissed me off. I guess the Skins knew the truth. No surprise that Gregg Williams wanted to be reunited with his old MLB.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
I do have concerns about Fletcher but at least it was for reasonable $$$ (considering the contracts signed today) and he does fill a need. I think he will suffice until they get a longer term solution in the next year or 2.
For some reason I don't have much worries about Fletcher. He's coming in, already familiar with the system. And hes out to prove that he is still a playmaker and a force on defense. Buffalo pretty much let him go because they thought that he was not what he used to be. Smoot was a good signing also because he also knows the system, already a local fan favorite, and should have something to prove also. He gets knocked for the 'Love Boat' incident and did not preform well in Minnesota.

So far I give the Redskins a B+ in the offseason, they have done everything that is under their control right.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I always thought LeMar Marshall was pretty bad, and he was so overrated in Madden it pissed me off. I guess the Skins knew the truth. No surprise that Gregg Williams wanted to be reunited with his old MLB.
Oh we was bad not a MLB at all. He got pushed sometimes 15 yards off the line of scrimmage, good depth for OLB but MLB was a terrible idea.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
For some reason I don't have much worries about Fletcher. He's coming in, already familiar with the system. And hes out to prove that he is still a playmaker and a force on defense. Buffalo pretty much let him go because they thought that he was not what he used to be. Smoot was a good signing also because he also knows the system, already a local fan favorite, and should have something to prove also. He gets knocked for the 'Love Boat' incident and did not preform well in Minnesota.

So far I give the Redskins a B+ in the offseason, they have done everything that is under their control right.
Getting Fred Smoot back does not improve your defense at all.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote