Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The Official St. Louis Rams 2010 Offseason Discussion Thread

Well, it's looking like we will have another top 10 (like top 5 pick) again in 2010. With that said, these are the things running through my mind right now.

1.) I don't think they will can Spags after just one season, but his specialty was the defensive line and although we aren't the most talented group, we do have a few pieces to work with. Thus far, I haven't see anything to get excited about.

2.) Laurent Robinson looks like a great acquisition and although injury prone, should be the answer for one of our receiving spots. Loved this trade earlier and I'm still thrilled even though we lost LR for the year.

3.) You would think the oline would dominate after the draft picks and signings the past couple years, but it still looks like a huge work in progress. Bell was a key FA signing in '08. Brown in '09. Barron and Smith were both 1st rounders. Yet we look terrible! How can we turn things around?

4.) Bulger just doesn't have it anymore. We have many other pressing issues, but I don't see us going any other direction that QB in round 1.

5.) What do you see as our biggest needs and in what order? This is my position draft as of today:

Rd 1 - QB - Boller and Null aren't the answers. Tavaris Jackson would be a nice camp body too.
Rd 2 - DE - Little is old and we need a future replacement and depth.
Rd 3 - DT - Carricker can't stay healthy and this is the heart and soul of Spags Defense.
Rd 4 - LB - Would round out our LB unit.
Rd 5 - RB - If Sjax goes down we are in a lot of trouble!
Rd 6 - WR - Depth is a huge concern when we are signing WR3's off the street.
Rd 7 - DB - Sooner or later one has to pan out.

Curious what your thoughts are on these points through just 4 weeks of the season. We knew it was going to be a tough year, but it's every bit and then some!!!

Last edited by tfry : 10-05-2009 at 11:19 AM.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote