Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-04-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have no words for this game. Absolutely terrible performance in each and every aspect, and the momentum was in the favor of Jacksonville for the entire game.

Oh, and LenDale White had 2 carries. I know we were down the whole game, but I just wanted to point that out...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What we need next year..

DE -KVB and Kearse are no longer good pass rushers

Linebacker - David Thorton looks bad, he is a good guy but he has lost a few steps since last year and has been terrible agianst the pass.

Saftey- Griffin has not been great but Chris Hope gets fooled by every pump fake and bootleg.

CB- Nick Harper is done after this year.

QB- Kerry has lost it.

Oh and we need a Punter and a Punt/Kick returner.

Besides that we are set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like they've packed it in unfortunately.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cortland Finnegan, Jason Jones, and Dave Ball being inactive hurt big time. Seems JJ has become a bit injury prone...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still kinda think we should move Jason Jones out to LE. We could use our high pick on a guy like Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy to take his DT spot and I think upgrade two spots with one pick.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best top 10 pick team ever?

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I still kinda think we should move Jason Jones out to LE. We could use our high pick on a guy like Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy to take his DT spot and I think upgrade two spots with one pick.
I agree whole heartedly. We said last year that we'd more than likely take a DT in the 1st RD of the 2010 Draft than the 2009. Even after drafting SenDerrick Marks, I think a DT early next year is a probability. Gerald McCoy would be the optimal choice, since pass-rush from the DT position is desperately needed. After him, 'Kong Suh, Arthur Jones, and Vince Oghobaase are my choices.

This is how the DEF looks next year after lost starters:

RE:
DT: Jason Jones
DT:
LE:
SLB:
MLB:
WLB: David Thornton
CB: Cortland Finnegan
CB:
FS: Michael Griffin
SS: Chris Hope

Reserves:
DE: Jacob Ford, William Hayes
DT: Jovan Haye, SenDerrick Marks
LB: Gerald McRath, Stanford Keglar
CB: Jason McCourty, Ryan Mouton

RFA's (if CBA isn't extended):
DT Tony Brown
LB Stephen Tulloch

So now we have:

DE: Jacob Ford
DT: Jason Jones
DT: Tony Brown
DE: William Hayes
SLB: Gerald McRath
MLB: Stephen Tulloch
WLB: David Thornton
CB: Cortland Finnegan
CB: Jason McCourty
FS: Michael Griffin
SS: Chris Hope

Whatever Cecil's philosophy is, he's gonna have the chance to overhaul the DEF for it. Gonna be very young as well.

DT in the 1st RD (Eric Berry if he's available), then go BPA the rest of the Draft at CB/DT (depending on that 1st RD pick), OLB, and CB with our two 3rd RD'ers and 4th RD'er.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Fisher's post-game press conference.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Peter King, Jeff Fisher is not going to remove Kerry Collins from the starting role.

Didn't get to watch the game (probably won't given I'm bound to work every Sunday), but I kept up with it through ESPN mobile. I'm really speechless right now, cause there are no words for the underachieving this team is displaying. Our defense looks awful, awful, awful, just awful (well the rushing defense is pretty good, pass defense = absolute fail). Not sure what to base it on, though I have a feeling part of it is Harper (who really has shown he isn't starting material anymore), lack of a pass rush on the edge (KVB and Kearse are on the bad side of 30), bad scheming or missing Fat Al.

Did we really undervalue (a) Albert Haynesworth, (b) Jim Schwartz, (c) both a and b?

And has Thorton and Hope really been that bad? We really can't make any moves on them any time soon, though it seems like biting on pump fakes should be something that can be corrected in season. IDK how you can all of a sudden lose a couple steps after one year considering he just turned 30, and he is what makes our LB core so good along with Bulluck.

It definitely is Eric Berry if we are that bad and he is still up on the board. Seems like DoughBoy thinks he can step right into Hope's position, though I have HOPE in Hope. Maybe a transition to corner? He has the athleticism for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, I am not trolling. I just like to keep up with the Titans.

Can someone explain to me why VY is not going to start sooner rather than later? If you aren't going to use him, cut him. Next year may have an incredible quarterback crop. I really don't understand. The Titans are the best 0-4 team I can remember in many years. If I was game planning against them, Kerry Collins is the least of my concerns. I am not saying VY is the answer. I am saying all he can do is go out and lose to inferior teams. The Titans are doing that already!

I would give Young a chance now, when it doesn't matter. All I am saying is he either turns it around, or you know what you have in him. The Titans can get a quality rook at the rate they are at.

Find out if Young will ever be anything now. If he has potential, you can draft a defensive player. If he rolls titsup, you get a new shiny toy with the first pick. But I think everyone is tired of Collins going out and doing nothing to win games.

Feel free to bash me on this...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
According to Peter King, Jeff Fisher is not going to remove Kerry Collins from the starting role.

Didn't get to watch the game (probably won't given I'm bound to work every Sunday), but I kept up with it through ESPN mobile. I'm really speechless right now, cause there are no words for the underachieving this team is displaying. Our defense looks awful, awful, awful, just awful (well the rushing defense is pretty good, pass defense = absolute fail). Not sure what to base it on, though I have a feeling part of it is Harper (who really has shown he isn't starting material anymore), lack of a pass rush on the edge (KVB and Kearse are on the bad side of 30), bad scheming or missing Fat Al.

Did we really undervalue (a) Albert Haynesworth, (b) Jim Schwartz, (c) both a and b?

And has Thorton and Hope really been that bad? We really can't make any moves on them any time soon, though it seems like biting on pump fakes should be something that can be corrected in season. IDK how you can all of a sudden lose a couple steps after one year considering he just turned 30, and he is what makes our LB core so good along with Bulluck.

It definitely is Eric Berry if we are that bad and he is still up on the board. Seems like DoughBoy thinks he can step right into Hope's position, though I have HOPE in Hope. Maybe a transition to corner? He has the athleticism for it.
Hope has been just as good as Griffin, but at least Hope makes plays stuffing the run. Neither have been up to their usual caliber.

Also, keep in mind that we were without Finnegan at CB and Jason Jones at DT. Not only that, but Fuller is out for a while with a broken wrist and Nick Harper went down midgame with a rib injury. At the end of the game, it was Jason McCourty, Ryan Mouton, and Cary Williams out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post

Can someone explain to me why VY is not going to start sooner rather than later? If you aren't going to use him, cut him. Next year may have an incredible quarterback crop. I really don't understand. The Titans are the best 0-4 team I can remember in many years. If I was game planning against them, Kerry Collins is the least of my concerns. I am not saying VY is the answer. I am saying all he can do is go out and lose to inferior teams. The Titans are doing that already!

I would give Young a chance now, when it doesn't matter. All I am saying is he either turns it around, or you know what you have in him. The Titans can get a quality rook at the rate they are at.

Find out if Young will ever be anything now. If he has potential, you can draft a defensive player. If he rolls titsup, you get a new shiny toy with the first pick. But I think everyone is tired of Collins going out and doing nothing to win games.

Lol, you're not trollin' bud. But yeah, most Titans fans agree with you. The last time Collins was the starting QB heading into the season, the Titans went 0-5. Then VY came in and helped save the season. It's not like this is unknown territory.

If we lose to Indy and New England with Collins at the helm, I think Fisher will be forced to play Young. The bye week is after those two games, so VY will have that time to prepare. Fortunately, the schedule becomes a lot easier then.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Looks like Harper and Finnegan are questionable to play against the Colts. I don't mind the loss of Harper, since I'm growing tired of his mile-wide cushion he gives to receivers, but Finnegan is a must play. Not only is he our best cover corner, but the energy he emits is contagious. Hopefully he improves as the week goes on, because McCourty and Mouton starting spells disaster in an already disadvantageous game. McCourty got abused against the Jags too - they just went straight after him from the get go.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm utterly terrified of what Peyton Manning is going to do to us after seeing what QBs like Garrard and Schaub and Sanchez have done. No offense to them, they just aren't Peyton Manning.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Looks like Harper and Finnegan are questionable to play against the Colts. I don't mind the loss of Harper, since I'm growing tired of his mile-wide cushion he gives to receivers, but Finnegan is a must play. Not only is he our best cover corner, but the energy he emits is contagious. Hopefully he improves as the week goes on, because McCourty and Mouton starting spells disaster in an already disadvantageous game. McCourty got abused against the Jags too - they just went straight after him from the get go.
Yeah and Manning will probably pick the young starters apart. Hopefully Finny can make it, and Cecil will finally realize dropping 7-8 into coverage doesn't work!

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to know the free agents of the next offseason so i can threaten them all to come to the Titans.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any scuttle butt around about Fisher's job being in trouble there?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Is there any scuttle butt around about Fisher's job being in trouble there?
None. The only way I see him leaving after this season is if it's somehow voluntary.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
I need to know the free agents of the next offseason so i can threaten them all to come to the Titans.
Here you go...http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

My wish list-

Richard Marshall

Marlin Jackson

Terrence McGee

Carlos Rodgers

Ellis Dumerville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post

Srsly though I agree. Let's see some Vinsanity!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

LOL random up there

But in regards to the free agent list, I wish we could ante up for Julius Peppers, but I know that dream ain't coming true.

1. Dunta Robinson
2. Marlin Jackson
3. Carlos Rogers

Do people think any 3-4 olb's can make that transition to a 4-3 down lineman?

Quote:
Old 10-07-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
LOL random up there

But in regards to the free agent list, I wish we could ante up for Julius Peppers, but I know that dream ain't coming true.

1. Dunta Robinson
2. Marlin Jackson
3. Carlos Rogers

Do people think any 3-4 olb's can make that transition to a 4-3 down lineman?
DeMarcus Ware would be a beast RE but no way Jerrah is letting him out of Dallas.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
DeMarcus Ware would be a beast RE but no way Jerrah is letting him out of Dallas.
Yeah I know he wouldn't and Ware loves playing in Dallas. But what about Merriman? Lots of people feel that he is on his way out of SD.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

There are some possibilities. Dunno if we'd antie up for any big name FA's, aside from CB. I like Marlin Jackson's fit, and if dreams came true, somehow working out a deal for Sheldon Brown of the Eagles. Dude is shut down, and can lay guys out. Finny, Brown, Griffin, and Hope = teh sex!

Speaking of Finny, he's declared himself elligible to play this Sunday night after limitedly participating in practice. Great news!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

A name to look out for IMO is Aaron Kampman.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
A name to look out for IMO is Aaron Kampman.
Thats a big one, you think Ted Thompson won't tag him though?

Quote: