Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I'm a Gemini with divided loyalties. But neither schizoid or dyslexic.

Nor a 9ers bandwagon jumper, I've followed them since 79 when I paid $7 for tickets to Candlestick & that Montana guy was on the bench behind Steve DeBerg. Since I'm too cheap for NFLTicket or DirecTV or to drive to a sports bar to get the Cowboys game & have to put up with Bay Area regional broadcasts, I'll support the new & improved 9ers. When I consider the alternative across the Bay at Oakland, that's really no decision at all.
Well for the record, the Montana Griz are a D-1 AA

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
The last part is the sad, truest part.

You are the combined age of say: Brent and I. Approximately. I don't believe that's older than dirt, maybe the dog **** that's in the dirt... You're still younger than iamcanadian who tops out at a whopping 66 i think?
Damn! There goes my oldest on the NFLDC board booby prize!! I'll have to settle for being the best educated (M.A, English, 1977) or the best looking.... maybe a tad older than your + my fave Aggie here Brent's age, I think Brent is like 25 or so. Still have all my hair though, not my fault it turned about 75% white.

Big props to Ms. Quiet BTW, only girl to my knowledge here. That takes (figuratively speaking of course) stones among all these guys macking on you.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn! There goes my oldest on the NFLDC board booby prize!! I'll have to settle for being the best educated (M.A, English, 1977) or the best looking.... maybe a tad older than your + my fave Aggie here Brent's age, I think Brent is like 25 or so. Still have all my hair though, not my fault it turned about 75% white.

Big props to Ms. Quiet BTW, only girl to my knowledge here. That takes (figuratively speaking of course) stones among all these guys macking on you.
I don't know what part of the country they call english degrees education... but, that's just me.

Brent + I = 52, so just a few shy, if common convention goes for post-high school education by the numbers.

But, as far as IAC goes... he's senile, and a lions fan, so...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm 23, but I do have a BA in English, so I am jealous of your MA.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

*AHEM* MS Bioinformatics 2009 :D

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, BF51 is a PhD holder, if I am not mistaken

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
also, BF51 is a PhD holder, if I am not mistaken
Soon to be, IIRC.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know what part of the country they call english degrees education... but, that's just me.
QFT.tenchar
Old 10-07-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also have a PHD. Pretty Huge Dick

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 10-07-2009 at 03:09 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I also have a PHD.
Post hole digger?

Just kidding. Kudos to all Ph.D. holders on this board. I appreciate this b/c in the late 70s I was rejected from the finest English & Linguistics doctoral programs in the South (Alabama, Tennessee, yes VM, the goddamn Vols, Tulane, Texas, Texas A&M, Rice, even Arizona). The dept. chairman at Tulane asked What do you want an English Ph.D. for? So you can ask 'Do you want fries with that?' in your next job? No I didn't laugh at his lame jk. I went to work as a tech writer

If it's in a scientific discipline having a Ph.D. equates to a Master's in Arts/Humanities. In Physics, Biology, Chemistry, etc. they go straight from BA into Ph.D. now b/c it's almost always tied to long term research projects/doctoral theses.

Glad to get my advanced degree in the pre-computer era, made it so much more difficult to cheat.

Last edited by LizardState : 10-08-2009 at 11:11 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I am also an owner of a PHD.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
QFT.tenchar
It was a stab at english majors being in a 'lackey' field. It's really not that bad, especially if you get some higher level education in you, you actually become useful. But it's still not like a Communications degree whatsoever.

Reminder: This is all coming from an Engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
Well I am also an owner of a PHD.
QFT. I feel uneducated. And by uneducated, I mean not a proud owner of 350000 dollars in student loans.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

350000 dollars in student loans ?

Welcome to Québec aq.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Rooo
Rookie

Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.

Paul McQuiston.
Rooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was a stab at english majors being in a 'lackey' field. It's really not that bad, especially if you get some higher level education in you, you actually become useful. But it's still not like a Communications degree whatsoever.
I know what you were doing AQ, don't insult my intelligence.