Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Don't know if you guys listened to Brian Broaudus on ESPN yesterday. Interesting comments.

He did say that Romo was obviously off target on a few throws. However, he stressed the point very firmly that outside of those few obvious bad throws, there was very little seperation by the WRs. He gave a lot of credit to Denver.

He also said that he thought that the sacks were primarily due to coverage than breakdowns by the OL. There just wasn't anyone open.
Good point. But that's what happens when you don't have fast/quick WRs.

They had LBs on our WRs. DJ Williams was owning Roy.

Just goes back to what I've been saying about us needing to run the ball (honestly). I don't even know if we even have a play designed out of the I formation. lol. I fear the same will keep happening until we get teams to put 8 in the box.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe so. The more I listened to him, the more I thought that there may be something to this Denver defense.

There aren't many teams out there that have a Champ Bailey and a Brian Dawkins. Their LBers are also pretty fast and athletic.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe so. The more I listened to him, the more I thought that there may be something to this Denver defense.

There aren't many teams out there that have a Champ Bailey and a Brian Dawkins. Their LBers are also pretty fast and athletic.
Dawkins plays his best games of the year when he plays the Cowboys. He literally lives for those days. I wish we had a Brian Dawkins. The guy is a maniac.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you be willing to trade Felix and our 1st to move into the top 5-8 to get a stud safety? Just asking.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course not. Felix's upside trumps that of anything we have at RB. He can be real special, one of the best in the league, imo. He just needs to stay healthy of course. I'd be fine with trading Barber or Choice down the road but, no way would I trade Felix for anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Of course not. Felix's upside trumps that of anything we have at RB. He can be real special, one of the best in the league, imo. He just needs to stay healthy of course. I'd be fine with trading Barber or Choice down the road but, no way would I trade Felix for anything.
I agree he's a special talent but I'm worried we won't ever be able to count on him with his injury history so far. I love Felix, when he's on the field.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If Felix misses the 2nd half of the season, then I say yes.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If Felix misses the 2nd half of the season, then I say yes.
If Felix misses more games, the label will be final that he is soft. He won't be worth much to anyone but the Cowboys.

But if comes back this week and averages 8 YPC doing 20 carries a game ... you could trade him for a boatload.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Would you be willing to trade Felix and our 1st to move into the top 5-8 to get a stud safety? Just asking.
I'd never trade Felix, ever, especially not to just move up spots in the draft. The injury concerns worry me, and he's rightfully labeled as injury prone right now, getting hurt so soon last year, then this year he's been hurt like twice already(last year he had 2 seperate injuries as well) but I'm willing to give him more time.

He's unlike anything I've seen any other team have currently to this point, as much as I like Chris Johnson even he doesn't possess what CJ has, and knowing our offense doesn't really have that element without him, he's far more valuable to us.

It's scary to think about what he, and this offense could be with him getting a healthy 20 touches a game at least, but at this point I'd rather just keep him for ourselves and if he can never stay on the field so be it, I'd take that risk knowing what he brings to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't know if you guys listened to Brian Broaudus on ESPN yesterday. Interesting comments.

He did say that Romo was obviously off target on a few throws. However, he stressed the point very firmly that outside of those few obvious bad throws, there was very little seperation by the WRs. He gave a lot of credit to Denver.

He also said that he thought that the sacks were primarily due to coverage than breakdowns by the OL. There just wasn't anyone open.
I remember some analyst(not sure who, maybe Dungy I believe) blasting Romo for that early fumble. Now I hate the turnover machine he can be, but come on. There was no one open yet, and the guy released completely free off of the edge to his blindside, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady fumbles that ball 100 times out of 100 if it happens to them.

I understand some criticism of Tony, but some I have no idea where it comes from. He has some of the best pocket presence in the league and he's shown it time and time again, but plays like that you can't expect the QB to do much about it.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked up Miles Austin as my #3 WR as a bye week replacement but now Crayton is available. Who do you think will have the better day with Roy out?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I picked up Miles Austin as my #3 WR as a bye week replacement but now Crayton is available. Who do you think will have the better day with Roy out?
If you want safe points go with Crayton, if you want upside for a huge day go Austin, I'd prefer Austin honestly though but you never really know who is going to score. Could be a day where the RB's and TE's rule.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Crayton has the higher floor, but Austin has the higher ceiling. No one can tell who will be better outside of a guess in the dark.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys, guess I'll stick with Austin.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little disappointed that Austin will be starting, instead of Hurd. But atleast Hurd should see some more action. So much for Wade saying he earned more PT in camp, he barely plays.

This could mean Scandrick returning kicks. bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-09-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm a little disappointed that Austin will be starting, instead of Hurd. But atleast Hurd should see some more action. So much for Wade saying he earned more PT in camp, he barely plays.

I'm not. Hurd's lack of speed killed our win. Despite having good hands, he's just not NFL material. He looked like a pedestrian running after the catch. ...and if matched up against Brandon Flowers, there's no way Hurd gains an inch of separation. (exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Austin needs to be involved more and we need to utilize his speed. He's our only hope for that this season. No one else can stretch the field like he can.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I'm not. Hurd's lack of speed killed our win. Despite having good hands, he's just not NFL material. He looked like a pedestrian running after the catch. ...and if matched up against Brandon Flowers, there's no way Hurd gains an inch of separation. (exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Austin needs to be involved more and we need to utilize his speed. He's our only hope for that this season. No one else can stretch the field like he can.
Puhlease. "not NFL material" wow. Dont be surprised if he's the leading receiver this week.

You ever see a Houshmanzadeh run or a Cotchery run? Or I dont know, most starting "possession receivers"? Hurd is no slower than these guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-09-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Puhlease. "not NFL material" wow. Dont be surprised if he's the leading receiver this week.
He just might be one of the slowest receivers in the game. ...I will be surprised if he's the leading receiver this week. He's never been the leading receiver for us. So that'd be a first.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You cant be watching a lot of football if you think he's one of the slowest receivers in the game. He really is no slower than the guys I listed or most "possession receivers".

If you wanted to help his case...the fact that he is always the first or second player to the ball on the ST units doesnt hurt, either.

He's really not that slow, he's a long strider who can cover a lot of ground. What was it a year or two ago? When he was constantly being targeted in camp as a deep receiver. Every trick play with Crayton throwing or w/e, was always going deep to Hurd. His speed is just fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-09-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You cant be watching a lot of football if you think he's one of the slowest receivers in the game. He really is no slower than the guys I listed or most "possession receivers".

If you wanted to help his case...the fact that he is always the first or second player to the ball on the ST units doesnt hurt, either.

He's really not that slow, he's a long strider who can cover a lot of ground. What was it a year or two ago? When he was constantly being targeted in camp as a deep receiver. Every trick play with Crayton throwing or w/e, was always going deep to Hurd. His speed is just fine.
I admit, he's a Perennial Training Camp All-Pro. My point remains. He's too slow to be anything more than a backup.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We'll see...I would love to see him actually given a chance. But really his speed isnt as bad as you think it is. And getting open, has never been a problem for him, either. But anyway, this game should be fun, imo. A little more Miles, a little more Hurd (hopefully), and maybe some Ogletree. I couldnt imagine us losing, even without Roy and Felix. If we lose...ummm, the season is pretty much over. bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-09-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, now there are two of us. Finally someone has joined the dark side.

Plus, personally, I think we need to find out what Austin can do if he has chances. Frankly, I am disappointed Garrett has not really tried in 3 years to get this guy the ball -- even with TO out.

Austin is in a make or break year. Much like Antonio Bryant (less the attitude). You simply need to feed him the ball and see what happens. You might have a star -- you might have an UDFA.

But Hurd and Crayton are what they are. Nice Slot guys who can get first downs but don't rip off yardage. They are slow and have great hands. They have a place in the NFL but NEITHER IS A STARTER.

In addition, we already have TWO TE who can move the chains in a similar fashion to Hurd and Crayton. Witten is not a game breaker but is excellent getting big first downs. Bennett can do the same and is a little more dynamic than Witten athletically.

All good players but again ..... 4 Players with similar roles in the passing game. Austin brings home run speed. Williams can deliver catches in traffic and down the middle of the field. Fade routes. Hurd and/or Crayton are slots guys.

Find me another burner to can threaten safeties and open up routes for Witten/Bennett/Hurd/etc...
Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:

Hurd and Crayton????

You might as well run 3 TE all game with two RBs and run the ball 60 times.

That is pathetic speed. Reminds me of the Eagles some time back when Kevin Curtis was their deep threat.

KC would play 8-9 in the box in any 2 WR set. No thanks.

Put in Austin. Throw him the damn ball and let us see if he is any good once and for all.

I know what Hurd can bring to the game on a consistent basis. First downs in the soft zones..
Old 10-10-2009, 04:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Hurd and Crayton????

You might as well run 3 TE all game with two RBs and run the ball 60 times.

That is pathetic speed. Reminds me of the Eagles some time back when Kevin Curtis was their deep threat.

KC would play 8-9 in the box in any 2 WR set. No thanks.

Put in Austin. Throw him the damn ball and let us see if he is any good once and for all.

I know what Hurd can bring to the game on a consistent basis. First downs in the soft zones..
Hurd actually is Roy's backup. So if Roy gets hurt in game, Sam is coming in. And obviously that wont stop Tony from going to him. He would be find there, opposite Crayton. It's something we're bound to see a lot of on Sunday anyway.

As for Austin, I'm excited for him too but, dont kid yourself. He is no where near the talent Antonio Bryant was.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS