Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
and the TD there was because of the Defense giving us the ball back. we still need a LE though. move Anderson to NT already.
I don't like Anderson's height for being a NT. In order for him to be an effective NT at 6'6", he would have to be around 340+ to not get pushed around because of height.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Anderson does not have instincts to play football, doesn't matter where you put him. I just want him off this team, because he's not doing any good for us.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. You look like an elite team. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Jamaal Anderson does not have instincts to play football, doesn't matter where you put him. I just want him off this team, because he's not doing any good for us.
He had a pretty good game today (admittedly against a weak O-line). Lining up at LE and then shifting into UT on 3rd down seems to be his best role. He'd have to put on a LOT of weight to be a regular DT. I saw him get absolutely destroyed on one run play where he was at DT.

His future on this team is all going to depend on cap figures, I think. If it's manageable, we'll probably keep him around. He was a waste of a #8 pick, but he's a solid player who would start for a lot of teams, and would probably get around $2-3 mill/year on the free market.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:44 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

On our secondary, I'm loving our safety depth.

DeCoud has played really well this year. He had an excellent game against one of the better receiving tight ends, and has made some great plays in closing on the ball out of a deep zone.

Coleman is one of our leaders, and has been solid at SS (though perhaps not quite as good as he was last year at FS).

And then there's Moore, who has the talent of a top-15 pick but has been slowed by injuries. Did anyone see whether he got any snaps other than ST today?

It's going to be very interesting to see how this develops. Essentially, we have three good options for two starting positions. We may well develop a three safety set, similar to what the Redskins use (though hopefully to better effect).

Now if we can just get one good veteran CB in free agency to play opposite Houston (who looked good yesterday, admittedly against weak receivers), our secondary should be solid/good. We may even luck out and find that Hill takes that role, although his failure to get on the field thus far is not promising.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:55 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow just saw a crazy stat on ESPN.com.

Out of 40 QBs listed this season, Matt Ryan is last on that list in getting sacked w/ 2!

Wow, thats crazy, I know we have had a bye week but still, that says something about Matt getting the ball away quickly and making smart decisions as well as props to our O-Line.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jamaal actually did decent today, so I won't hate too much. While he is still an enormous bust up to this point and we need him replaced, he did alright. Mainly because he was doing what he did to make him look good his senior season. I noticed he was stunting inside quite a bit. Props to Babs as well, who looked much more like himself from last year.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I didn't want to give negative rep to a Falcon, but man that comment was so far off... I mean I didn't -rep but I don't understand it at all. I'm not a big Jamaal Anderson fan or anything but yesterday he flashed in the first half big time pressuring the QB from both the DT and LE positions. It was a really good game for him, and lately I've been liking more of what I see out of him.

He's still got to actually get the sacks, but that one play where he faked the speed rush and came with that inside move and just planted the QB in about 1.5 seconds, that's EXACTLY what you want from your DE, sack or not, it really screwed up the offense on that drive.

We got good play out of most of our DL yesterday. I think Jamaal actually got a sack, although the credit was given to Abe, which was nice to see, stats are overrated in football.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think moving Anderson inside is the best move. It gives us more depth inside, and with his size (he's way more than 288) and from what I've seen it emphasizes the positives and eliminates the negatives in his game.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

guys head over to af.com and watch the falcons live 1 hour interview. Its awesome. Especially when Roddy is on. The guy is on for 20 or so minutes and it's without doubt the best interview iv ever seen him do
Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Jamaal Anderson has to come to the harsh reality that his time in Atlanta is coming to an abrupt soon, hints the reason Kroy Biermann started at left end during the 49ers game I know it's still early in the season but Biermann is tied with John Abraham for most team sacks so far at 3 sack while Anderson has zero.....
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am worried about this week. The Bears have a lot of offensive weapons, mediocre O-Line though.

BTW does anyone have a spare Falcons' sig I could borrow?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is my spare collection as of now.

The Bears game should be interesting. The Bears rank 9th against the run in terms of yards per game and are giving up 3.8 yards per carry. If our run game transfers over from SF, I can see Turner having a good day again, but there is no doubt that they will try to take Turner away by loading up the box. Because of that and an already weak pass defense (ranked 30th in 08. currently are 20th), I think Ryan, White, and Gonzalez could be in for huge days, especially if they have to keep up with the Bears offense.

The type of defense that shows up will depend all on preparation. The Falcons D has shown flashes of being legit against Miami and SF, but those aren't exactly offensive powerhouses. If the Bears offensive line is indeed weak, I can see our front 4 bringing consistent pressure in Cutler's face (though I doubt we sack him). The fact that they don't have an excellent WR is great because of our weak CBs. I am sure DeCoud is going to be seeing a good amount of Olsen and should do a decent job against him, like he did with Vernon Davis.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 10-14-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get to making a sweet Matt Ryan sig. I haven't made a sig in a long ass time though.

Oh, and I'm looking for a big week from Gonzo.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I'm not worried about their defense at all. We contained Forte well the last time, if he is held under 100 yards I think we win. (and I win my fantasy league!) Watch out for Hester and Knox, there is no team that has a faster pair of receivers. Hopefully we can coax a few turnovers from Jay Cutler.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not too worried about this game either. I think for our secondary we have a lot of trouble with the big receivers. Their OL isnt very strong so hopefully Abe and co. will pick things up this week.

I just dont think that their D can contain all the weapons we have on offense, its just too many.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
He had a pretty good game today (admittedly against a weak O-line). Lining up at LE and then shifting into UT on 3rd down seems to be his best role. He'd have to put on a LOT of weight to be a regular DT. I saw him get absolutely destroyed on one run play where he was at DT.

His future on this team is all going to depend on cap figures, I think. If it's manageable, we'll probably keep him around. He was a waste of a #8 pick, but he's a solid player who would start for a lot of teams, and would probably get around $2-3 mill/year on the free market.
we are 20M under the 2009 cap right now.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
we are 20M under the 2009 cap right now.
Thats prolly 1 good signing in the offseason. Havent even looked to see who is a FA this year
Old 10-15-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Thats prolly 1 good signing in the offseason. Havent even looked to see who is a FA this year
what? one guy is going to make 20M in salary every year? that's like 3-4 middle tier signings. or 1 big name and 2-3 mid tiers.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Snf Bitches!

Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank god i will be able to watch this one... live.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thank god i will be able to watch this one... live.
Thank god I will be there. I love how its late too, get to see the other games, especially hoping the Giants beats the Saints.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:01 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

According to NFL.com’s Jason La Canfora, the Chiefs are already down on former first round pick Glenn Dorsey and are willing to trade him. La Canfora writes that the new coaching staff isn’t high on Dorsey and that the salary cap ramifications wouldn’t be a deterrent in dealing him before the October 20 deadline.

This isn’t shocking news considering that Dorsey isn’t a fit for the Chiefs’ new 3-4 defensive front. He excels at shooting the gaps as a 4-3 tackle, which is what he played at LSU. He isn’t big enough to play nose in a 3-4, and his pass-rush talents are wasted as an end in a 3-4.

If the report is true and the Chiefs do plan to trade him, one team that could be interested in Dorsey is the Falcons. They were reportedly deciding between Dorsey and Matt Ryan in last year’s draft and there was also a rumor that the Falcons were interested in trading for the D-tackle before this year’s draft.

The Falcons addressed their defensive tackle need in April with the selection of first round pick Peria Jerry. But he suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 2 and the Falcons could use an interior pass-rusher to go along with Jonathan Babineaux. Once Jerry is healthy, the Falcons could have a fantastic defensive tackle rotation in Babineaux, Jerry and Dorsey (assuming they trade for Dorsey).

But would it be worth it for the Falcons to part with draft picks next year to acquire Drosey? Again, they’ve already addressed the need with Jerry, who will return to health next year (hopefully) and they also don’t have a second round pick in 2010 because of the trade for Tony Gonzalez. I doubt the Chiefs would part with Dorsey for a third rounder, so would the Falcons part with a first rounder? It’s doubtful.

Trades rarely happen in the NFL, so it’s unlikely that Dorsey will be dealt. But considering Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff and Chiefs GM Scott Pioli have a sound relationship from their days in New England, a Dorsey-to-Atlanta deal would be intriguing.

I wonder if we could pull this off. I doubt it, but maybe a trade with Jamaal Anderson and a pick. A rotation of Babs, Jerry, and Dorsey next year would be sweet.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do NOT include Jamaal Anderson in this trade, unless we're getting more back than just Dorsey. I REALLY REALLY like Dorsey and I think with him in our DL rotation we'd be an insane force up front, but PLEASE don't send Jamaal unless we're getting Dorsey and a mid round pick back. Jamaal is extremely versatile and is just now starting to come into his own, he's still developing, and yes, he's prolly more suited for the 5technique 3-4 DE spot, but we can use him like we did on Sunday to create all sorts of pressure on the QB. I would hate to see him get packed up and shipped out. PLUS, Kansas City is the one who's putting him out there for trade, he's useless to them. So, don't go be nice to them and trade them something valuable for Dorsey. I mean it might take Jamaal, but make sure we're getting more back than just Dorsey. Cause without Jamaal, we're really down a starter, I know Kroy "started" against the Niners, but he wasn't listed as the starter, that's still Jamaal's position.

I dunno maybe I'm a little bit too attached to knowing what we have, I know he hasn't produced yet, but I also know Dorsey hasn't either, plus this will be his 3rd system in less than 2 years in the NFL, that's a lot going on to really slow a player down and cause him to overthink things. But Dorsey, Jerry, Babs would be FIERCE as far as a quick rotation went, but we'd still need that big body to clog up some space. As long as we don't sell the farm to get Dorsey I'll be happy, maybe a 3rd and a conditional pick in the 2011 draft that could be as high as another 3rd rounder?
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Can we settle down on Jamaal Anderson please? This move might help, it might not. But as of now he had one pretty good game against a poor OL. And we've got Chauncey Davis who can pretty much do the same things JA can do while having someone like Kroy and potentially Sidbury to rush the passer.