Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Champ
C-Mac
Samuel
C-Wood
Nate

i know people are gonna question my list but who cares
hows Woodson even ahead of Harris? hes not even the best packer CB yet alone top 5
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well how about what Bodden did, in 2005 when he was healthy, he shut down Chad Johnson, Moss, Heap, Jimmy Smith, among others, (I dont remember the 2005 schedule 100%, but he shut down some more)

Great CB, underrated, played with 2 sprained ankles this year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Imagine how much money Samuel would have got in Free Agency?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Imagine how much money Samuel would have got in Free Agency?
Yeah really, probably 85 million and about 30 million guaranteed.

EDIT : If he got 8 years that is.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 03-03-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have taken Samuel in Free Agency over Clements.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's probably one of the 10 to 12 best, but there are still guys who are considered better corners making a lot less $ like Bailey, Mathis, McAlister, Winfield, etc. He got overpaid, but in about 5 years there will be more guys with bigger deals.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ohow come there is no love for ronder barber on everyones list?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
ohow come there is no love for ronder barber on everyones list?
wow i cant belive i forgot about him i would have him over nate
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyschmidt View Post
Once again, since you people can't comprehend this, the contract is 6 years 45 million w/ 22 guaranteed. Clements will not see years 7 and 8.

Someone pin this
I understand that, but the signing bonus is what gets me.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put him anywhere in the 6-12 range.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's top 10, and he looked a lot worse than he is this past season for a couple of reasons. One being that he doesn't fit in the Cover 2 very well, IMO. The other being that he probably didn't want to be in Buffalo. He'll be decent in San Fran (as good as anyone could expect). Just like any corner, if your pass rush blows he's eventually going to give up some long ones.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

What I think heading into the '07 season:

1. Champion Bailey
2. Asante Samuel
3. Rashean Mathis
4. Chris McAlister
5. Nnamdi Asomugha
6. DeAngelo Hall
7. Ronde Barber
8. Nate Clements
9. Lito Sheppard
10. Dre' Bly
11. Walt Harris
12. Al Harris
13. Antoine Winfield
14. Samari Rolle
15. Charles Woodson

Last edited by ny10804 : 03-03-2007 at 04:33 PM.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hard to rank CB's because some are better suited for a Cover 2 while others excel at man-to-man.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ Bailey is on his pedestal on then the tier bellow champ is where Nate is

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cover 2 corners don't count, per Deion Sanders.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Cover 2 corners don't count, per Deion Sanders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post

1. Champion Bailey
2. Asante Samuel
3. Rashean Mathis
4. Chris McAlister
5. Nnamdi Asomugha
6. DeAngelo Hall
7. Ronde Barber
8. Nate Clements
9. Lito Sheppard
11. Walt Harris
12. Al Harris
13. Antoine Winfield
14. Samari Rolle
15. Charles Woodson
My list would go something like...

BTW, where's #10?

1.) Champion Bailey
2.) Asante Samuel
3.) Chris McAlister
4.) Nate Clements
5.) Rashean Mathis
6.) Samari Rolle
7.) Lito Sheppard
8.) Walt Harris
9.) Antoine Winfield
10.) Nnamdi Asomugha
11.) DeAngelo Hall
12.) Charles Woodson
13.) Al Harris
14.) Ronde Barber (Because of his age)
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I understand that, but the signing bonus is what gets me.
Bingo. They will be absolutely screwed if they ever need to restructure his contract.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Edited it to add in Dre' Bly. I had him at 9, but then changed my mind and put Lito Sheppard above him, and forgot to put Bly back it at 10.

He's gonna have a very good season with Bailey opposite him. Kinda like Woodson getting 8 interceptions with Harris opposite him. Another thing, Al Harris is superior to Woodson.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post

1. Champion Bailey
2. Asante Samuel
3. Rashean Mathis
4. Chris McAlister
5. Nnamdi Asomugha
6. DeAngelo Hall
7. Ronde Barber
8. Nate Clements
9. Lito Sheppard
10. Dre' Bly
11. Walt Harris
12. Al Harris
13. Antoine Winfield
14. Samari Rolle
15. Charles Woodson
Any list that has Samari Rolle as a top 15 corner is a horrible list.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He had a really poor '05. I think it's because he became complacent, knowing he was going to be tagged by the team. Once he knew he was going to make a big deal, he stepped his game back up.
Yea, now that he has got his big pay day, you think he'll continue to play at that same high level? What's his motivation?
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two lists with Samari Rolle in the top 15, LOL
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post

My list would go something like...

BTW, where's #10?

1.) Champion Bailey
2.) Asante Samuel
3.) Chris McAlister
4.) Nate Clements
5.) Rashean Mathis
6.) Samari Rolle
7.) Lito Sheppard
8.) Walt Harris
9.) Antoine Winfield
10.) Nnamdi Asomugha
11.) DeAngelo Hall
12.) Charles Woodson
13.) Al Harris
14.) Ronde Barber (Because of his age)
Lito Shepard is not that good.Switch him and Hall and switch Al Harris with Woodson. Samari Rolle should slide down a couple spots. Ty Law isnt top 15? Ricky Manning?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

LMAO those lists suck. Terence Newman isn't on either? and DeAngelo Hall, Ty Law, Ronde Barber, Ricky Manning, and Samari Rolle are, who all suck?

Come on guys, learn the position of CB before you post.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Newman should be in the top 10, the guy doens't get many Int but he doesn't allow many TDs either.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

jagsfreak27 needs more cowbell.

Mathis is a beast

Jags:8-8
Duke B-Ball:22-10
Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote