Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-13-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default David Tyree Signed, Tony Curtis Cut

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...vid_Tyree.aspx

Quote:
The Ravens signed receiver David Tyree on Tuesday, releasing tight end Tony Curtis to create a roster spot for the Super Bowl XLII hero.

Tyree spent the past six years with the New York Giants, but was waived by the team after suffering multiple injuries during training camp.

Perhaps most known for his spectacular helmet-clutching catch in the Super Bowl that helped continue an improbable Giants game-winning drive, Tyree is a solid special teamer that can also add depth to the receiving corps.
Kind of a bleh move to me, but I like it more than I dislike it. Curtis didn't see any action here so his loss doesn't mean anything. The article makes a good point though saying that Kelley's special team production/snaps has gone down since he has a bigger role in the offense, so signing Tyree could add something in that regard.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default David Tyree signs with the Ravens

Just heard on Scott Garceau and Anita Marks that he was in for a workout yesterday and signed a contract today, its also on PFT. I don't think he'll offer anything as a WR but he'll be a good special teamer for us.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

opps, i think i made my thread at the same time you made yours, haha.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotcha by 2 minutes :D.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry about it, threads merged.

Glad to see Tyree finally get another chance.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

thanks dude :) and yeah, I have high hopes for Tyree in our special teams, I think thats where he'll get the majority of his playing time. And what exactly does he even do well on special teams? just curious?

oh and by the way, i finally got on Scott Garceau & Anita Marks! it took me 3 days but I finally got through. too bad Anita wasn't there :( Mike Flynn was filling in though :)

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 10-13-2009 at 03:34 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyree is an excellent gunner. He probably caught more balls from Feagles than he did Eli during his career as a Giant. Pretty solid tackler too. Hard worker and nice locker room guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I think Tyree is a good gunner, but I might be mistaken. He doesn't seem like he would be a good blocker for returns though, but it's hard to tell without seeing how he plays.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

awesome, him and Lardarius Webb will be great opposite each other. Hopefully they'll down alotta balls inside the 10 this year. Field position is HUGE in football, many people overlook it.