Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-22-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzo is playing like well Gonzo with Alt and I for one could not be more happy for him.

There is no one on the Chiefs roster I felt worse for after every loss last year then Gonzo its nice to see him on a winning team.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Schefter twitter

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs announced today that they have traded QB Tyler Thigpen to the Miami Dolphins for an undisclosed draft choice.
Whats the scouting report on Thigpen?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leonard Pope signed
Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Leonard Pope signed
I pretty much saw this move coming with our poor play at TE and Pope being an ex Card here is to hoping for the best.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09..._beat_goes_on/

Kansas City signed LB David Herron and CB Mike Richardson this morning. Herron was most recently with the Minnesota Vikings and Richardson was most recently a member of the New England Patriots.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson's solid. Won't beat out Leggett (who is a really good nickel corner), but he's a very good special teams player.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I wonder what Pope can do...?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
I wonder what Pope can do...?
He has yet to do much but with that said I still feel he is an upgrade we are not going to throw to our TE's alot in this system.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pope hopefully will at least be an upgrade blocking, I'm not sure how he is run blocking though. Anyone know?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Pope was "too tall" to be a blocking threat, and is injury prone. But is a danger in the red zone(which is why we have Cottam, who I'd prefer to start over this guy IMO)
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Jared Allen had 4 sacks tonight on MNF thanks Carl...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I heard Pope was "too tall" to be a blocking threat, and is injury prone. But is a danger in the red zone(which is why we have Cottam, who I'd prefer to start over this guy IMO)
You can have two TE's on the field, you know... Which is typical of a team with a struggling OL, especially in the red zone.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Did you guys know Pollard is playing for the Texans?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i knew that. so how bout them chiefs :(
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
So how bout them chiefs :(
I've had better.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
You can have two TE's on the field, you know... Which is typical of a team with a struggling OL, especially in the red zone.
Really? thanks for the input. Cottom won't play because he's like our third stringer....
Old 10-14-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

K.Smith will be coming off the PUP soon so the Chiefs will have to put him on IR or cut him or add him to the 53 and cut some one else.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs demote wide receivers coach
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/10...justin_rogers/

"The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that the club has signed free agent LB Justin Rogers.

The Chiefs placed RB Jackie Battle on injured reserve on Wednesday."
Old 10-15-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

WR coach deserved to be demoted. The WR execution has been horrible, and it's not for lack of capable receivers.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't know about that. The only issue I see with the receivers as far as coaching goes is their constant pass interferences on short passes and screens. Aside from that, they have a legit number 2 receiver in Bowe, a possession guy. Then they have a collection of aging receivers who either never had the speed to get deep or have lost the ability to do so. Lack of talent is the killer here, and that goes on the old regime.

But, I guess Haley wants to see what the new guy can do, so good move if he finds a decent coach.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The next person that says any thing about trading Bowe is getting kicked in the balls so if you plan on say any thing like stay out of kicking distance.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The next person that says any thing about trading Bowe is getting kicked in the balls so if you plan on say any thing like stay out of kicking distance.
Interesting statement. Where did this come from?

On another note, after watching some games yesterday, there were a few players that stood out a bit to me.

First of all, in the Texas-OU game, I thought Beal and English looked a lot better than Kindle. Beal was already playing some stand up end, so I wonder if he may be an option as a 3-4 OLB.

And Notre Dame has a right tackle, Sam Young, who screams Pioli-Belichick type of player. I imagine he will be a target of the Chiefs come April. Golden Tate has also been a consistent player this year and provides an option in the return game.

Just some thoughts.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Interesting statement. Where did this come from?

On another note, after watching some games yesterday, there were a few players that stood out a bit to me.

First of all, in the Texas-OU game, I thought Beal and English looked a lot better than Kindle. Beal was already playing some stand up end, so I wonder if he may be an option as a 3-4 OLB.

And Notre Dame has a right tackle, Sam Young, who screams Pioli-Belichick type of player. I imagine he will be a target of the Chiefs come April. Golden Tate has also been a consistent player this year and provides an option in the return game.

Just some thoughts.
I'm just not sure where those ND players are projected. The more I look stuff up on Kindle, the more "inconsistent" he looks. I'd love to have Golden Tate, dynamic returner, really good hands, quick. He'd be a good player opposite of Bowe IMO. I didn't see the Texas-OU game, so I'm not sure about those players.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Tate's a body catcher. And all he does is outrun college corners. He won't do that in the NFL.