Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-17-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Anderson for Glenn Dorsey would be ideal. You gotta be kidding me if you don't want that trade. I'm sure the chiefs would want more tho, even tho JA98 fits their scheme better.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Jamaal Anderson for Glenn Dorsey would be ideal. You gotta be kidding me if you don't want that trade. I'm sure the chiefs would want more tho, even tho JA98 fits their scheme better.

Yeah, I don't know exactly how high they are shooting. I was thinking JA and a pick.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JA, a third, and fifth. i'd do it.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Can we settle down on Jamaal Anderson please? This move might help, it might not. But as of now he had one pretty good game against a poor OL. And we've got Chauncey Davis who can pretty much do the same things JA can do while having someone like Kroy and potentially Sidbury to rush the passer.
He's had a good SEASON. People just don't realize it. There's a really good breakdown of the DL play on another website I frequent, I would link it, but I don't know if that's against the rules here. It shows how much pressure he's been getting, and how much more consistent his pressure has been even than JA55 this year. I know 55 and Kroy are getting it done by actually getting to the QB, but to say that Davis can do what Jamaal can is just silly.

Jamaal brings a lot to the table for our defense with his ability to line up outside and inside for our defensive line, he's way too valuable to ship out for a guy that the Chiefs are fishing out there. I think you guys would get taken BIG time by any GM around. When the Chiefs rumored that Dorsey is available they cost themselves value because people know they're not happy with him and the fit in their scheme. This is what I was saying last time people were bringing up the trade to KC for Dorsey before the season. Dorsey doesn't fit in the 3-4...at all...therefore his value for the Chiefs HAS to be lower because if they don't get SOMETHING for him, then they're losing out for this year. Obviously they can wait til the draft to try to move him and get something then, but with this year's DT class...you can't hold out hope that people are going to want a DT that hasn't produced anything for 2 years in the NFL when they see the potential of players like Suh and McCoy on the board.

Gotta look more into what is going on here than just sheer hatred for JA98...yes he needs to step it up and actually get to the passer and get some sacks and TFL etc, he's not been good enough, but he's been the best we have this year for the LE spot. Kroy gets killed in the rushing game, and if we put him out there our run defense will end up giving 7 yard chunks if not worse to his side because he can't keep OLmen from getting to the 2nd level and getting a hat on Peterson. I think people overlook that a LOT when it comes to Jamaal, he's eating up blockers, and he's rejuvenated Peterson. Peterson's stats in large part are due to how free he is to roam behind 98.

I'm not saying don't make the trade, but don't get hustled and give up Jamaal a 3rd AND a 5th...I mean that would be like just absolutely destroying ourselves...Jamaal for Dorsey and a 5th...but not the other way.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
No way!

That would leave us with a first, fourth, sixth, and seventh. Dorsey has bad knees and it would weaken our DE rotation.

I wouldn't mind JA98 and a fifth, but even that is stretching it.

Keep in mind who is seeking to trade a player here.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon<3 View Post
He's had a good SEASON.
Such a good season that Smith and Ray Hamilton thought it'd be wise to move him to a different position?
I know 55 and Kroy are getting it done by actually getting to the QB, but to say that Davis can do what Jamaal can is just silly.
Yeah. Silly to say Davis who has better stats/performances than JA and has proven he can play some DT can do the same things. Oh wait.

Jamaal brings a lot to the table for our defense with his ability to line up outside and inside for our defensive line, he's way too valuable to ship out for a guy that the Chiefs are fishing out there.
Chauncey does the same thing.

In bold...
Old 10-17-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway. On the game.

I'd suggest NOT kicking field goals in critical moments.

See: Mare, Olindo; Reed, Jeff;

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suggest you guys block Jamaal Anderson this year, how bout that?

If I can recall, he got his first sack against you guys and he played a game of his life.

OHH SNAP!!

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-18-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
no way. just JA. Dorsey has been overweight and unmotivated... just like Jamaal.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I would be unmotivated too if I had to move to DE like dorsey did, being a dominant DT. As far as overweight goes, NFL.com has dorsey listed at 297, i believe last year they had him at about 20 pounds more. I think anywhere under 305 is good weight for him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-18-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big day fellas, let's beat the s h i t out of the bears. I'm thinkin 30+ points Again and a career day from Matt.

Go Falcons
Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
no way. just JA. Dorsey has been overweight and unmotivated... just like Jamaal.

His rookie year, but he has been very good this year. I live in Kansas City and I've been impressed by him so far.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
His rookie year, but he has been very good this year. I live in Kansas City and I've been impressed by him so far.
idk. I haven't seen him. I think he fits our team defense much better, and that Jamaal would fit there's much better. that being said, LDE would be a need unless Biermann can prove to us that he is Kerney re-visited and demolishes the competitionat LDE. I'd love to see a 40 tackle 10 sack season from Biermann, and 10 sacks from Abraham too. that would show good pressure. I also want to see Jamaal and Babs get some sacks this week. the bears DL is pretty weak.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The key to the game is Matt Forte. If we hold him under 5 ypc and 100 yards we win, easy as that.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The key to the game is Matt Forte. If we hold him under 5 ypc and 100 yards we win, easy as that.
Why?

I mean, not to bring up last year, but, keeping Forte under 100 yards didn't really 'solidify' a win.

I think it's the same idea this year. If you are going to let Cutler beat you. He will... Neckbeard threw for a 280 last year... The Falcon defense is ABOUT as good as it was last year... but, hopefully, they'll add more pressure against a weak bears line.

I think the key is more, if you can sustain serious pass pressure, you have a better shot of cracking both cutler and Forte.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

If we can pick off Cutler sometime at the beginning of the game, he'll start to cry and lose focus. Pretty much all we gotta do is put pressure on him. Forte should be fine, not worried about him at all, we're not the lions, we can stop him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-18-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Why?

I mean, not to bring up last year, but, keeping Forte under 100 yards didn't really 'solidify' a win.

I think it's the same idea this year. If you are going to let Cutler beat you. He will... Neckbeard threw for a 280 last year... The Falcon defense is ABOUT as good as it was last year... but, hopefully, they'll add more pressure against a weak bears line.

I think the key is more, if you can sustain serious pass pressure, you have a better shot of cracking both cutler and Forte.

That's my key. Falcons need to get pressure like we did last week.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
In bold...
False statements in bold? I agree.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon<3 View Post
False statements in bold? I agree.

So you've never seen Chauncey Davis line up at DT? And it's false that Davis had 68 total tackles and 6 sacks in 07 and 08 as a rotational guy while JA had 57 tackles and 2 sacks in the same time period as a starter? Check your **** guy.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Michael Turner, stop sucking dick.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michael Turner, stop sucking dick.
He isn't running hard, but he's also getting hit behind or at the line every play.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

That toss play to Garrett Wolfe kind of sums up Jamaal Anderson to this point- just a step too slow.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He isn't running hard, but he's also getting hit behind or at the line every play.
I agree the same holes haven't been there but hold the football.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

******* ********. You've got to be ******* kidding me. Hold onto the ************* football you cum guzzler.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

That injury didn't look good. Shame, because Williams has actually been doing a pretty solid job.