Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I guess this makes sense, but they might have wanted to wait until after his next win to announce it. Cutler is launching up interceptions like it's nobody's business. He's on pace for what, 22? I'm notoriously low on Cutler, though. I think he's too careless and inconsistent.
He had a very bad first game, and since then he's only thrown 3 picks. Not great, but not horrible. He won't throw 22 INTs, just like Antwan Odom wasn't gonna have 56 sacks as the first 2 weeks suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
He had a very bad first game, and since then he's only thrown 3 picks. Not great, but not horrible. He won't throw 22 INTs, just like Antwan Odom wasn't gonna have 56 sacks as the first 2 weeks suggested.
Odom was gonna get 60.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterM View Post
So let me get this straight. Jay Cutler throws too many interceptions to win a Superbowl (we've decided that at the ripe old age of 26, he is done progressing as a QB, that's completely legit). I mean, he does throw an interception once every 31 passes or so. It's not like, say, Ben Roethlisberger, who has won two Superbowls, who is so much more careful with the ball throws an interception every 28 attempts.

Oh. Wait. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
I never said he throws too many INTs...he does, but that wasn't the the entire argument. The INTs are a sign of his bad decision making. His overall bad decision making is what worries me most about him. One stat does not compare two QBs...watch the two play football and you'll see the differences between the two.

Big Ben has some decision making problems as well, and rode his defense to one of those superbowls. Dilfer won a superbowl like that too. But Ben does have that something special....that escapability in the pocket and making the big play when it counts.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of cutler's "bad decision making" is just him pressing to make something happen for his team, in Denver it was a god awful defense, in chicago it's been an atrocious line that's lead to no passing game and a defense that's suffered some wear and tear. I think if he were on a team that was better across the board he'd be making a lot less bad decisions and being more careful with the ball.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Cutler. The hangdog expression alone was worth the price of admission.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems there is really only a few games at most each season that Cutler plays a large part in losing by forcing the ball when he shouldnt. As long as in the future he doesnt coincide them with NFC Championship games or Superbowls then I am sure Chicago can easily live with that. There will be many more games in his career he is responsible for winning than losing.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
DexterM
Rookie

DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
I never said he throws too many INTs...he does, but that wasn't the the entire argument. The INTs are a sign of his bad decision making. His overall bad decision making is what worries me most about him. One stat does not compare two QBs...watch the two play football and you'll see the differences between the two.

Big Ben has some decision making problems as well, and rode his defense to one of those superbowls. Dilfer won a superbowl like that too. But Ben does have that something special....that escapability in the pocket and making the big play when it counts.
I'm not going to get into whether or not Ben is a special QB or not, none of that was part of my argument. But how can you say Cutler is a bad decision maker when he was playing on a team that relied on him to carry the team with his arm, and yet he threw less interceptions than Ben? Someone who had a defense so he didn't need to try and just go out and win the game constantly (I am not comparing the two quarterbacks, nor saying one is better than the other). Cutler does have his "WTF R U THINKINGZZZ" moments, but he's 26, and his "That deep ball just made me jizz in my pants" moments seem to outnumber the bad.

It's a subjective view which you are trying to turn into an objective one. I don't see how one QB's mistakes are easily overcome to win Superbowls, but then on an apparent whim, another QB's arguably lesser mistakes are insurmountable.

I would be very happy with Cutler as my starting QB. He's obviously not a Brady or Manning, but he's capable of being a top 5 QB in the league, and I definitely believe that could win you a Superbowl. And I say that after somewhat hoping he'd fail after the offseason. :P
DexterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I miss Cutler. The hangdog expression alone was worth the price of admission.
I miss him, cuz every Broncos-Chargers game had the potential to lead to a Cutler-Rivers heavyweight fight, and I wanna see that happen.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterM View Post
I'm not going to get into whether or not Ben is a special QB or not, none of that was part of my argument. But how can you say Cutler is a bad decision maker when he was playing on a team that relied on him to carry the team with his arm, and yet he threw less interceptions than Ben? Someone who had a defense so he didn't need to try and just go out and win the game constantly (I am not comparing the two quarterbacks, nor saying one is better than the other). Cutler does have his "WTF R U THINKINGZZZ" moments, but he's 26, and his "That deep ball just made me jizz in my pants" moments seem to outnumber the bad.

It's a subjective view which you are trying to turn into an objective one. I don't see how one QB's mistakes are easily overcome to win Superbowls, but then on an apparent whim, another QB's arguably lesser mistakes are insurmountable.

I would be very happy with Cutler as my starting QB. He's obviously not a Brady or Manning, but he's capable of being a top 5 QB in the league, and I definitely believe that could win you a Superbowl. And I say that after somewhat hoping he'd fail after the offseason. :P
I'm not trying to make it objective...I'm being very subjective. I don't like Cutler as a QB. After watching him play I don't think he has what it takes to be a championship QB...thats my opinion of him. I feel like his during his career we'll always talk about what he could be and not what he is...basically a career of falling short of his potential.

I'm not saying its impossible for him to win a superbowl...again like I said even Dilfer won one. But I don't see him as being the type of QB that will give you the play you need in the playoffs to win most of the time.

Like someone pointed out early...its nice to have a guy who can get you to the playoffs. so there is something to be said for that, but I feel like he won't bring a championship to chicago.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:26 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not trying to make it objective...I'm being very subjective. I don't like Cutler as a QB. After watching him play I don't think he has what it takes to be a championship QB...thats my opinion of him. I feel like his during his career we'll always talk about what he could be and not what he is...basically a career of falling short of his potential.

I think peyton manning is the worst quarterback ever.

There I'm being subjective. Very Subjective.

I'm also very wrong.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I think peyton manning is the worst quarterback ever.

There I'm being subjective. Very Subjective.

I'm also very wrong.
There is a big difference between having a obviously stupid opinion and a debatable opinion.

Certainly, people can have an opposite opinion on Cutler at this point. There is not clear right answer right now and only time will tell. But I don't think he's got the stuff.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
I miss him, cuz every Broncos-Chargers game had the potential to lead to a Cutler-Rivers heavyweight fight, and I wanna see that happen.
Oh wait, you got that beast in your sig to lead you guys to promise land...can you say Jake Plummer clone?

As for Cutler, he is beast and I love watching him play. Ryan, Flacco, Rivers, Palmer, Cutler, Brady, Favre and Peyton are some of the funest QB's to watch. Guys who are balls to the wall, well Ryan isn't but its still fun to watch a great QB like him, I love watching QBs who are so damn strong that INT's, incomplete passes and even losses don't faze them. Cutler gives the Bears a guy to root for on the offensive side of the ball. They needed that, they need someone who is that kind of guy. And paying him the big bucks was worth it. Cutler for mayor you herbs.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

People said that same thing about Peyton Manning before he actually won one. He was a choker. He couldn't win a big game.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
People said that same thing about Peyton Manning before he actually won one. He was a choker. He couldn't win a big game.
Peyton is beast, Orton is not. Cutler is beast, Orton is not. Do you think that the Broncos would be better with Cutty? I think so.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Peyton is beast, Orton is not. Cutler is beast, Orton is not. Do you think that the Broncos would be better with Cutty? I think so.
Dude, I wasn't even addressing you. I decided not to press quote, but you snuck a post in before I could. Obviously Orton isn't on their level as a quarterback. He's good at what he does, and that's good for us. The only problem if we still had Jay would be that he'd put the D into bad situations sometimes. But I think the scoring output he'd most likely get would override that problem. We might not be 6-0 right now, but we'd probably be better equipped for a postseason run.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Yeah, I'm sneaky like that, and you know you addressed me, you love me, you all do. Stop snitching by the way, its very unbecoming of you, anyway, Cutty would be a beast right now for the Bronks.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is a big difference between having a obviously stupid opinion and a debatable opinion.
Hm I am not so sure on this one, you'd be surprised at the kind of things people consider facts. This is also a very applicable life lesson.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Oh wait, you got that beast in your sig to lead you guys to promise land...can you say Jake Plummer clone?

As for Cutler, he is beast and I love watching him play. Ryan, Flacco, Rivers, Palmer, Cutler, Brady, Favre and Peyton are some of the funest QB's to watch. Guys who are balls to the wall, well Ryan isn't but its still fun to watch a great QB like him, I love watching QBs who are so damn strong that INT's, incomplete passes and even losses don't faze them. Cutler gives the Bears a guy to root for on the offensive side of the ball. They needed that, they need someone who is that kind of guy. And paying him the big bucks was worth it. Cutler for mayor you herbs.
Orton is nothing like Plummer. In fact, Cutler is more like Plummer with his turnover ratios. Orton is more like Griese or Chad Pennington. He takes care of the ball and plays possession football. He's the type of QB that would fit the old Steelers type of QB. Someone who manages the game and lets the defense and running game take over. However, that's short changing him. With every game, Orton's actually gotten better this season and he's taken advantages of huge plays when they present themselves.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish that someone could rein Jay Cutler in, unfortunately he is who he is: a poor man's Brett Favre. He will be sandwiched in the 6-12 QB range until he disciplines himself; but man his combination of arm strength, mobility and aggressiveness is fun to watch. I'm not sure it will translate into the Super Bowls that Bears' fans hope it will though.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I wish that someone could rein Jay Cutler in, unfortunately he is who he is: a poor man's Brett Favre. He will be sandwiched in the 6-12 QB range until he disciplines himself; but man his combination of arm strength, mobility and aggressiveness is fun to watch. I'm not sure it will translate into the Super Bowls that Bears' fans hope it will though.
I could see him get one like Brett, but unless the Bears D can regain its dominance and sustain it, I don't think he'll get one beyond that. He is only 26 though, so maybe he can improve on his decision making. I love him in the clutch though. It seems like any time a game is close and the ball is in his hands, he's gonna drive down the field and at least give you a chance to win. I don't think I've ever seen him get the ball in that situation and then have nothing happen.

Quote:
Quote: