Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
PMD

**** the EPL!

The Celtic Football Club

Players- All who wear the Hoops (with a few historical exceptions --looking at Judas Johnstone)
Old 03-03-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

That's a championship winning performance.

Get the **** in, really well played lads, 12 points clear and the run in looks good, all things looking up for United.

Get the **** in!!!!!!!
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
That's a championship winning performance.

Get the **** in, really well played lads, 12 points clear and the run in looks good, all things looking up for United.

Get the **** in!!!!!!!
Well played... what game did you watch? I know the ******* manc scum won today, but in no way shape or form did they deserve, Liverpool played you off the park.

Guess I have to take my hat off, that is the difference between us now I feel, better keeper for Man U and the ability to bag a goal in the dying seconds. :(

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Well played... what game did you watch? I know the ******* manc scum won today, but in no way shape or form did they deserve, Liverpool played you off the park.

Guess I have to take my hat off, that is the difference between us now I feel, better keeper for Man U and the ability to bag a goal in the dying seconds. :(
I watched the same game, that's why it was a championship winning performance. We were under pressure for the entire second half but despite that we sucked it up, protected our goal and took everything you threw at us and managed to sneak a win. The mark of champions is getting the result you need even when you are playing badly, like we have today and against Fulham. I take nothing away from Liverpool, they perhaps desereved to win, at least get a draw, but sometimes you don't get what you deserve.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I watched the same game, that's why it was a championship winning performance. We were under pressure for the entire second half but despite that we sucked it up, protected our goal and took everything you threw at us and managed to sneak a win. The mark of champions is getting the result you need even when you are playing badly, like we have today and against Fulham. I take nothing away from Liverpool, they perhaps desereved to win, at least get a draw, but sometimes you don't get what you deserve.
I guess you are right, was just in a mood earlier, games like that suck. I was thinking about it, if we had Van Der Sar and a decent winger we'd be really up there, hopefully in the summer we address Right wing, and possibly keeper, Reina is great in general, but he has his moments.

Here's hoping Rafa splashes the cash on signing a really top winger such as Joaquin. No more cheap / freebie Bosman signing like Voronin.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I guess you are right, was just in a mood earlier, games like that suck. I was thinking about it, if we had Van Der Sar and a decent winger we'd be really up there, hopefully in the summer we address Right wing, and possibly keeper, Reina is great in general, but he has his moments.

Here's hoping Rafa splashes the cash on signing a really top winger such as Joaquin. No more cheap / freebie Bosman signing like Voronin.
Yeah, playing Gerrard on the right is a waste of his talent. get a proper winger and you guys could be good.

Just not the best ;)
Old 03-03-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
PMD

So what'd you guys think of Celtic v. Dunfermiline?
Old 03-03-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That save by Van Der Sar was killer. That was the momentum that United needed, and the set piece was very well executed. I can't believe Saha didn't score but O'Shea cleaned up nice.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
That save by Van Der Sar was killer. That was the momentum that United needed, and the set piece was very well executed. I can't believe Saha didn't score but O'Shea cleaned up nice.
i didnt see the game, did Saha almost score because i predicted that he would, i know he didnt but how close was it?

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
i didnt see the game, did Saha almost score because i predicted that he would, i know he didnt but how close was it?
Giggs had a free kick from wide of the box, and he drove it low and hard right at Reina. Saha got a touch on it but Reina blocked it with his body/hands almost like a collision, and it went right to O'Shea. It was a brave move by Reina and a lot of other keepers would've conceded the goal to Saha to begin with.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Giggs had a free kick from wide of the box, and he drove it low and hard right at Reina. Saha got a touch on it but Reina blocked it with his body/hands almost like a collision, and it went right to O'Shea. It was a brave move by Reina and a lot of other keepers would've conceded the goal to Saha to begin with.
yeah i just saw the replay, Man U got lucky today.

and Drogba's goal was so sick.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-04-2007, 06:44 AM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I get so annoyed by Man U winning luckily. They're going to win the league now and they don't deserve it. They should have lost their last 3 games, and drew Lille, instead they are still are all but guarenteed the league, and have a chance of repeating their treble.

On a happier note, my team Coventry are having their traditional 2nd half of the season run when there is no chance of playoffs now. Dowies a good manager.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Last edited by AdrianWilson12 : 03-04-2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Chelsea is a much better team right now, but they had a shaky start and Terry's injury hurt them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

The sign of a good team is the ability to play badly yet still pick up the win when required, even if you are being outplayed, away from home, in an intimidating atmosphere.

That is exactly what United have done in the last three games away from home. To say we don't deserve it is laughable, how many times have a team gone through an entire season without any luck what so ever when they ended up winning the tittle? Man United have played the best football this year by far, better then Chelsea and deserve to be at the top and win the tittle, which they should do.

And it was Ronaldo who played the freekick, Saha didn't get the touch, his run was more important then anything as it put the element of doubt in Reina's mind which didn't allow him to collect the ball cleanly and as a result, sort of just popped it out back to O'shea.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahaha wet sham are shocking. 2-0 up and 3-2 up and still manage to lose 4-3. What a game to be fair, couldnt happen to a nicer team...
Old 03-04-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The sign of a good team is the ability to play badly yet still pick up the win when required, even if you are being outplayed, away from home, in an intimidating atmosphere.

That is exactly what United have done in the last three games away from home. To say we don't deserve it is laughable, how many times have a team gone through an entire season without any luck what so ever when they ended up winning the tittle? Man United have played the best football this year by far, better then Chelsea and deserve to be at the top and win the tittle, which they should do.

And it was Ronaldo who played the freekick, Saha didn't get the touch, his run was more important then anything as it put the element of doubt in Reina's mind which didn't allow him to collect the ball cleanly and as a result, sort of just popped it out back to O'shea.
Giggs played the free kick and Saha did get a touch on the ball. I saw it live and I saw several replays.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
ahaha wet sham are shocking. 2-0 up and 3-2 up and still manage to lose 4-3. What a game to be fair, couldnt happen to a nicer team...
West Ham are terrible, so I'm not gonna act surprised. Aren't they being investigated too over Tevez and Mascherano.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Giggs played the free kick and Saha did get a touch on the ball. I saw it live and I saw several replays.
Giggs did not take the kick....
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:

Unfortunately you are 100% correct. Hopefully Liverpool can power on in the Champions League.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
West Ham are terrible, so I'm not gonna act surprised. Aren't they being investigated too over Tevez and Mascherano.
Yeah that makes me even happier. I actually quite liked Wet Sham (yes its on purpose) until having to deal with their fans after we beat them in Cardiff in playoff finals.

It was a superb game though, and I was almost happy for Tevez to score but you could just feel they were going to lose (even at 2-0 up). They'll probably still beat us twice next year...
Old 03-04-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
Giggs did not take the kick....
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him take it, but I trust your judgement.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

what West Ham lost?

I turned the game off when they were up 2-0 and i didnt even think of recording it when Tevez scored. After that goal i thought they won, know all i think of when i see, hear or read about West Ham is relagation!

first to 500 posts
Old 03-04-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Tottenham has a deadly quick-strike offense, but they really need to short up that D. Berbatov has really been impressive the last few games I saw too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That West Ham, Tott game was nutso. It is one of those games that even though i don't like either team, i couldn't walk away. I wish some of the haters would watch a game like that, it would help our case.

Anyway, i am really starting to like Berbatov. He really doesn't have anything special about him, he just flat scores goals.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams like Chelsea fail because they rely on the individuals talent to win games. Ego's run high and they don't play as a team.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote